• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
I don't, but some people were noting NoA's silence and so I wanted to mention it here.

Of course they wouldn't say anything unless they were announcing a direct
honestly, i stand by the fact that if this rumored direct date of 5th-12th is true, would they move up the date bc of this leak or nah ? (assuming the leak is real)

Last edited:

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
You should probably catch up on the thread. They found a second LinkedIn account of his that was connected to a different publishing company.

Both accounts are now down, so they're definitely related in some way.
Huh? I know the guy exists, that’s not the point. What does the fact that a guy who worked at a publishing company now works at another publishing company have anything to do with the leak?

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Okay, but if I'm being completely honest, I think posting the Smash trailer really was somehow tied to the fact this leak is out here.
That trailer was originally posted by Gamestop a week ago. Unless you're talking about the *new* trailer.

In which case, maybe. Rumblings are certainly afoot at Nintendo - they hardcore know by now seeing as how this blew up the internet. But they're not going to publicly comment on it after the ESRB reaction confirmed it.

JoyStar

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me...
CoroCoro saying 108... that's 5 more stages
this leaks supposedly says we're getting 5 newcomers, from newly represented franchises...
it all makes sense (I mean, if it's true)

Anyways, what do you all think will be the home stages for the following characters?

Gano
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Banjo Kazooie
Mach Rider
I admit I'm skeptical for one reason—ROB never got a stage when he was in Brawl.

This is a thing that exists now!
Oh my gosh I love this fandom. XD

D

Deleted member

The leaker quite clearly has ill will towards Nintendo (which, I’ll admit, Nintendo absolutely deserves after the **** they’ve pulled this year). It might be Eric B’s PS fanboy son after all.
Aside from NSO being a bit of a bummer, what have they done that would warrant spite? In terms of games and announcements, they've been killing it this year IMO.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Serebii's just a condescending jerk tbh

"I worked in the industry for 20 years, therefore I am right"
Ok, no, this bothers me. Serebii is literally the most trustworthy in regards to any rumour and leaks in gaming because he never reports on anything that isn't real for sure. Joe has had a 100% track record on Pokemon leaks ever since Gen 5(which was when he took a more professional approach), he has never falsely reported on something nor has he failed to report on a real one, and this extends to what he has commented on Smash in the past. There's a reason Serebii confirmed is a meme.
Now I ask you, what the **** do you know compared to people who actually have insider info? You're the one acting like a condescending jerk here, ****ting on Joe because he disagrees with you.

And for the people saying "I want this to be real so all these arrogants "insiders" can be wring": please take a look at a ****ing mirror

Last edited by a moderator:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
That trailer was originally posted by Gamestop a week ago. Unless you're talking about the *new* trailer.

In which case, maybe. Rumblings are certainly afoot at Nintendo - they hardcore know by now seeing as how this blew up the internet. But they're not going to publicly comment on it after the ESRB reaction confirmed it.
I'm mostly talking about the GameStop one, but it could honestly also apply to the other one as well.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
With this leak happening, I think it's time to remember this video which was a response to the videos being taken down by Nintendo of America with the ESRB leak

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think I'm going all in on it being real.
But not as a joke this time.
I've got nothing to lose- and I'm not afraid of people wrong. I don't know why anyone would be.

"BUT DON'T CRY TO ME WHEN YOU'RE DISAPPOINTED"
***** do you know who i am
i'm not gonna be disappointed

I've got a few hunches, but that's besides the point.

Remember fellas, hype irresponsibly and totally forget about it when the game comes out just like everyone else

Screenshot it and do whatever you want if/when the leak turns out to be bogus.
I welcome I-told-you-so's. Brings out the special kinds of people.

:)

I'm going to actually do background research on this stuff for once when I get home, but I probably won't share much information. If I find anything out, it'll probably be posted on 4chan in a blurred, tilted image.

EDIT:
And for the record for those who care: I'm not saying "don't be cautious", I'm saying "speculate your way the best way you can"
If your way is being cautious, then that's your way and that's totally great.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Real or fake, the leaker's kind of a sociopath for dragging a middle aged man and the reputation of an entire company into this. I think that's kind of the messed up thing about all this. If fake, it kind of makes everything worse given the real world repercussions that are unfolding and the extreme lengths the person went through to make things convincing. Even if it's fake, someone might be sued or even go to jail for this.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has already been posted... This thread goes so fast it seems a Sanic.
Anyway, I was looking at one of the 4chan posts that people linked here in the thread, and scrolling down I have found that the company, Marina PLV, has said that the employee involved in the "leak" does not work for them since 2016, and that they aren't currently involved with Namco nor Nintendo, they aren't doing anything for Smash, and they want to do what's in their power to solve this question legally since all these rumors are hurting the company.

The guy who made all this can get in serious problems if he left a trace somewhere and those companies will find him.

https://www.facebook.com/MarinaPLV

At this point, I think it's back to 100% fake.
Already covered, doesn't kill the leak due to the second company that also does video game work in the same field where he has the same job

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Huh? I know the guy exists, that’s not the point. What does the fact that a guy who worked at a publishing company now works at another publishing company have anything to do with the leak?
Because the leak could just as easily come from that publishing company over the one the guy isn't at and have confirmed aren't working on Smash anyways.

Side note, apparrently someone on 4chan called the publishing company to ask if they were working on either Smash or The Grinch, and they simply gave a "haha sorry no comment" answer.

D

Deleted member

OK so apparently Sakurai sent a tweet out confirming a Demo for next month. Can someone confirm this true?

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Funny you mention that because the company’s ties are only with Bamco, which already didn’t align with how Smash promotional material is being handled. But sure, both are lying and we all know the real truth
so where does it say that bandai namco, or any of the third-party companies with a hand in Smash, has absolutely no involvement with smash's marketing?

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
I've got nothing to lose- and I'm not afraid of people wrong. I don't know why anyone would be.

Remember fellas, hype irresponsibly and totally forget about it when the game comes out just like everyone else

I'm going to actually do background research on this stuff for once when I get home, but I probably won't share much information. If I find anything out, it'll probably be posted on 4chan in a blurred, tilted image.
God speed ToasterBrains, god speed.

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
You're allowed to dislike a character, not to ****-talk their fanbase and people's opinion about said character.
that’s fine but his post said “do not trash another character” which makes it sound like we can’t say we don’t want a certain character

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
OK so apparently Sakurai sent a tweet out confirming a Demo for next month. Can someone confirm this true?
I see nothing of the sort.
Closest thing is him inviting people ("Come out if you can!" basically) to an event that is speculated to have a version of the game that isn't the demo we all know and love.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace

Dont you think you’re acting high and mighty just because you take a different stance than everyone who’s trying to be cautious? Because it sure seems to me you’re coming full circle on your complaints

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
Dark Samus is categorized as a genderless "it"
In the Metroid lore, she's specified as female, however considering she's a reincarnated, humanoid, Phazon-corrupted metroid that looks like Samus simply because it ripped the Phazon Suit off of Samus to give itself a corporeal form and not actually a clone of Samus herself, it is technically genderless. We could argue that maybe the original metroid that Dark Samus came from was female and use that as a basis, but that was never explicitly stated in the lore, so either way works. I consider Dark Samus genderless but I think it's easier to refer to her as a "she".

tl;dr semantics

D

Deleted member

I see nothing of the sort.
Closest thing is him inviting people ("Come out if you can!" basically) to an event that is speculated to have a version of the game that isn't the demo we all know and love.
Thats why im asking for someone to confirm. I dont have a Twitter so cant check myself

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Dont you think you’re acting high and mighty just because you take a different stance than everyone who’s trying to be cautious? Because it sure seems to me you’re coming full circle on your complaints
How?
I just didn't wanna get flooded with "don't get disappointed" messages, again, lol.

But yeah man I'm super arrogant anyway. I'm in this thread, after all. :denzel:

EDIT:
And I am perfectly fine with people being mad at literally the only pet peeve I have in this thread. I'm not gonna apologize for it and you shouldn't apologize for being upset with me about it :)

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ok, no, this bothers me. Serebii is literally the most trustworthy in regards to any rumour and leaks in gaming because he never reports on anything that isn't real for sure. John has had a 100% track record on Pokemon leaks ever since Gen 5(which was when he took a more professional approach), he has never falsely reported on something nor has he failed to report on a real one, and this extends to what he has commented on Smash in the past. There's a reason Serebii confirmed is a meme.
Now I ask you, what the **** do you know compared to people who actually have insider info? You're the one acting like a condescending jerk here, ****ting on John because he disagrees with you.

And for the people saying "I want this to be real so all these arrogants "insiders" can be wring": please take a look at a ****ing mirror
Serebii knew information about Brawl's roster even. I would like for this to be real too, but the correct attitude to have is to be skeptical. Please Smash Bros. community do not become a raging horde of manchilden just because something unverified turned out not to be real.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Side note, apparrently someone on 4chan called the publishing company to ask if they were working on either Smash or The Grinch, and they simply gave a "haha sorry no comment" answer.
Welp, leak confirmed.

But seriously, I'm sure that wasn't the first phone call from a news-hungry Smash fan. If I was working the phone, I probably would've given an even shorter, more blunt response than that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok, no, this bothers me. Serebii is literally the most trustworthy in regards to any rumour and leaks in gaming because he never reports on anything that isn't real for sure. John has had a 100% track record on Pokemon leaks ever since Gen 5(which was when he took a more professional approach), he has never falsely reported on something nor has he failed to report on a real one, and this extends to what he has commented on Smash in the past. There's a reason Serebii confirmed is a meme.
Now I ask you, what the **** do you know compared to people who actually have insider info? You're the one acting like a condescending jerk here, ****ting on John because he disagrees with you.

*nasally nerd voice* Well, actually, Joe Merrick was wrong on 2 things throughout his career, therefore, he's unreliable

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Sakurai has NOT tweeted about a demo. Last thing he did was retweet this badass video

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Seriously people how long does it take to look up the twitter for yourself

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
why? we’re not allowed to dislike a character?
Sure, that's fine. But being a **** about it is what I'm talking about. It would be ****ty if Banjo didn't get in and someone said "Lol I'm SOOOOO glad that stupid Bear didn't get in." And then posted a picture of Banjo crying or some ****. It is just disrespectful. That's not a good thing. Ever. That's called rubbing salt in the wounds and it's just a **** move. Don't do it.

D

Deleted member

You do you, Toaster. I honestly could care less what people believe, as everyone is entitled to their own opinion and should not be criticized for having one.

Just 'cause I'm on the fake side doesn't mean everyone else has to be. For all I know, I'm the one who's wrong. Just gotta wait and see. Also, it's a video game rumor, it's not worth getting into arguments over. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom