• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I am pretty sure most racist on 4chan is just trolling and not actually racist. I also kinda doubt most 4channer are made of 50 years old men.
1: There's no functional difference between pretending to be racist and actually being racist.

2: Making convenient excuses for behaviour is how said behaviour becomes rampant. When nobody calls it out, it appears normal. And when it appears normal, more and more people start to believe it.

i-it's just a prank bro...

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
The fact so many people have different responses to @TotsBS 's first question is rustling the hell out of my jimmies.

The long and short of it is as follows: the background has some notable inconsistencies, some of which may or may not be the result of the background actually changing, others possibly a result of bad lighting and compression. Overall, it's the strongest detracting point.

On the other side, the part where apparently half of the board can't be bothered to know the full story, it was found that the alleged leaker has not worked at Marina for about 2 years. However, he HAS been found to actually be working with another similar business that ALSO has ties to Bamco. Additionally, he has been reached out to, and CLAIMS to have no idea what is going on. He's either lying or is being impersonated maliciously.

The situation has gone deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole, with the ONLY notable detraction being the background.

EDIT: Iko MattOrr Iko MattOrr READ. STAY UPDATED.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, I think I got the jist of everything now. Yeah, talk about a weird change of events. We'll just have to see how this goes, I suppose.

And as for the Sora stuff, seems that KHInsider's Translator and Writer seems to know stuff too so shrug
So what you're saying is.

THE STREAK WILL BECOME 10-0?

kylexv

Smash Master
There's only one thing I can say about this now:

Nintendo needs to give us some news prompto so we can finally decide if this leak is real or fake.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Dark Samus is categorized as a genderless "it"
And if the leak is real Mach Rider is a female
Dark Samus is always referred to as female in the Prime games, and if I'm not mistaken they also corrected themselves and referred to her as female when they put the Dark Samus blog post up on Twitter.

It makes little sense when you really think about it, but let's just roll with the official way.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't know if this has already been posted... This thread goes so fast it seems a Sanic.
Anyway, I was looking at one of the 4chan posts that people linked here in the thread, and scrolling down I have found that the company, Marina PLV, has said that the employee involved in the "leak" does not work for them since 2016, and that they aren't currently involved with Namco nor Nintendo, they aren't doing anything for Smash, and they want to do what's in their power to solve this question legally since all these rumors are hurting the company.

The guy who made all this can get in serious problems if he left a trace somewhere and those companies will find him.

https://www.facebook.com/MarinaPLV

Des rumeurs de fuite de confidentialité sur la dernière version du jeu Super Smash Bros font état d’un lien avec notre société. Toutes ces rumeurs ne confortent qu’une idée, le journalisme ne se limite pas à faire une recherche sur Google.
En effet, la personne incriminée dans cette « rumeur », si tant est que ce soit elle, n’est plus présente dans notre société depuis novembre 2016. N’ayant pas mis son profil linkedIn à jour, certains ont voulu faire un rapprochement avec les Ateliers Marina qui ne peut donc exister.
Namco est une société avec qui nous avons travaillé et avec laquelle nous souhaitons retravailler, ce n’est pas le cas actuellement pour le lancement de Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Ces rumeurs font donc peser un discrédit sur notre professionnalisme largement reconnu, et notamment en ce qui concerne nos engagements sur la confidentialité.
Nous contactons ce jour l’ensemble de ces sites et Namco/Nintendo pour faire supprimer cette fausse information et évaluer les suites judiciaires à donner.
L’équipe Marina.
Rumors of privacy leakage on the latest version of the game Super Smash Bros. report a connection with our company. All these rumors only support one idea, journalism is not limited to doing a search on Google.
Indeed, the person incriminated in this "rumor", if it is it, is no longer present in our company since November 2016. Having not updated his profile updated, some have wanted to make a connection with the Marina Workshops that can not exist.
Namco is a company we have worked with and want to rework with, this is not currently the case for the launch of Super Smash Bros Ultimate. These rumors are therefore a discredit on our professionalism widely recognized, especially with respect to our commitments on confidentiality.
We are currently contacting all these sites and Namco / Nintendo to remove this false information and assess the judicial follow-up.
The Marina team.
At this point, I think it's back to 100% fake.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'll try to keep this as short as possible and start from the beginning for anyone who's completely lost.

Someone posted a video through Snapchat containing the entire mural and an alternative version containing no characters. It contains 7 new fighters. The recipient took snapshots of this video and posted them to 4chan There are instructions for the material which ties it to promotional printing (or potentially an armband?), alongside other hints;
  • Additional renders of the Grinch and some form of instructions for the upcoming new movie. They seem to be unique.
  • AUTOCAD commands seen in the snapshot. This has led to this infographic.
  • The employee's name was uncovered, which led to his LinkedIn profile; he works in promotional printing and graphic design.
Many believed he worked at a printing company called Marina PLV, spread by this infographic which details the consistency of this leak and its ties to the company. They gave a statement that he left in 2016 and they have no relation. This news is what caused many to think the leak may be fake.

However, he has an additional LinkedIn page that lists his current work in ACP PLV for about 1 year and 8 months; it fits with his leave at Marina PLV. NintendoActu has claimed that they called his current workplace and can confirm that he does indeed work there. Liam Robertson is claiming that the suspected person has denied any involvement with this leak.

There are a few inconsistencies people have noticed such as differences in battlefield's backdrop design, but inconsistencies have already been created via official material.
Those Grinch renders weren't unique though, they were used in trailers/promotional posters I believe.Source Gaming's Nantanjex pointed this out

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Ah yes, I’m blind for not knowing some guy who was irrelevant to Smash speculation before yesterday, but you’re convinced Sora is in based on this dude’s vague *** tweet...makes sense LOL. Have a nice day
Laugh at you, I actually just want another SE characters and would be more than happy if Geno's is the one here. And have been supporting literally every Square-Enix rep here, and I actually believe that a DQ characters is more likely.
I just decided to Support Sora after this thread saying that "**** it, let's just go the crazy path and die on that hill" - Even myself I'm not believing he's in, But a man can dream. :bobomb:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Which is why if fake, somehow this person is better at forming more complicated and elaborate plots than the entertainment industry. That's why it seems real to me. Too much
I said this on the Isaac thread, but I'll repeat it here. If this leak is really some guy faking all of this to fool a group of gamers while also risking a seemingly unrelated and innocent french graphic designer's career, then the leaker is seriously a sociopath. It's one thing to make your own fake leak to just generate buzz in the community, but impersonating someone else and jeopardizing their career is way over the line. It shows a complete lack of respect and is also fraud.

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
We knocked down the argument that the leak is real because it came from an ad company. We also have some evidence that the background doesn't match correctly. Other than that it is like other leak but with fan favorite characters.
Sora is still just speculation.
what? you didn't knock down **** lmao.

the way I understand it, there are two companies in this situation. one of them just made a statement saying that they have nothing to do with this because Eric hasn't been working there since 2015-2016, which is why he moved on to the other company, which has been silent on the issue regarding eric, and we're trying to figure out if they have any ties to smash bros. advertising through nintendo or bamco.

then liam robertson came in and said that the REAL eric has no clue what the hell is going on, so now we're trying to figure that the leaker here is, in fact, a real leaker, using the identity of this random guy working at an advertising company as a scapegoat to evade any legal troubles that would come his way from leaking confidential information (because... why else would this kid put this 50-year old guy on blast?)

as for the background stuff, i'm not convinced either way. minute details like that are vapid for this leak because this isn't your average image leaker - there's so much more surrounding this situation that trying to debunk it off a blurry image alone is insubstantial.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This leak, Spawnwave and Vergeben can all be right. It just depends on when and how all of the characters get revealed.

SW isn't even denying the leak, he just says he's skeptical of it due to it having a killer final set of characters.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
1: There's no functional difference between pretending to be racist and actually being racist.

2: Making convenient excuses for behaviour is how said behaviour becomes rampant. When nobody calls it out, it appears normal. And when it appears normal, more and more people start to believe it.

i-it's just a prank bro...
I disagree but I rather it not get political here so agree to disagree I guess.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
The mural was never proven fake lmao, only that the background is different and has changed before.

We don't even know if the background is different for the character mural, it's too low quality to tell
Um... did you miss the company literally telling that’s not true? I guess you might no believe the guy but that’s the two supposed sources of this outright denying it. Come on.

Whoever made this leak should come clean as soon as possible, they’re threading dangerous territory on identity theft

D

Deleted member

I said this on the Isaac thread, but I'll repeat it here. If this leak is really some guy faking all of this to fool a group of gamers while also risking a seemingly unrelated and innocent french graphic designer's career, then the leaker is seriously a sociopath. It's one thing to make your own fake leak to just generate buzz in the community, but impersonating someone else and jeopardizing their career is way over the line. It shows a complete lack of respect and is also fraud.
Then this person is friends with Cletus Kassidy.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I don't know if this has already been posted... This thread goes so fast it seems a Sanic.
Anyway, I was looking at one of the 4chan posts that people linked here in the thread, and scrolling down I have found that the company, Marina PLV, has said that the employee involved in the "leak" does not work for them since 2016, and that they aren't currently involved with Namco nor Nintendo, they aren't doing anything for Smash, and they want to do what's in their power to solve this question legally since all these rumors are hurting the company.

The guy who made all this can get in serious problems if he left a trace somewhere and those companies will find him.

https://www.facebook.com/MarinaPLV

At this point, I think it's back to 100% fake.
You are late. And there have been revelations that still keep the leak on the table.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
This leak, Spawnwave and Vergeben can all be right. It just depends on when and how all of the characters get revealed.

SW isn't even denying the leak, he just says he's skeptical of it due to it having a killer final set of characters.
That's what i said! and at this point i believe it to be the case. Of course i believe anything that involves more than 2 characters out of pure spitefulness.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
wait hold the phone

The Mach Rider song was a secret song in Melee
Played in Big Blue
And the one stage everyone is guessing is in based on Mute City being renamed Mute City (SNES) is Mute City (Melee)

hMMMMMMM
DrMario-Victory2-SSB4~01.png

yeah I know songs are tied to series' now so we probably are getting a big NES stage or something but

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Um... did you miss the company literally telling that’s not true? I guess you might no believe the guy but that’s the two supposed sources of this outright denying it. Come on.

Whoever made this leak should come clean as soon as possible, they’re threading dangerous territory on identity theft
>companies denying something that would hurt their reliability and reputation with nintendo (or bamco)
wow, you figure?

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
The leaker quite clearly has ill will towards Nintendo (which, I’ll admit, Nintendo absolutely deserves after the **** they’ve pulled this year). It might be Eric B’s PS fanboy son after all.

D

Deleted member

NoA just tweeted about ****ing FE Heroes yet again.

Definitely ignoring the leak
I mean, of course they're not going to comment on it. Companies' don't change their plans because of these things, plus, acknowledging it would only prove it real to people. Nintendo knee-jerk reacting to ESRB was how that one got proven real, I don't think they will make that mistake again.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'll try to keep this as short as possible and start from the beginning for anyone who's completely lost.

Someone posted a private video through Snapchat containing the entire mural and an alternative version containing no characters. It contains 7 new fighters. The recipient of this message took snapshots of the video and posted them to 4chan There are instructions for the material which ties it to promotional printing (or potentially an armband?), alongside other hints;
  • Additional renders of the Grinch and some form of instructions for the upcoming new movie. They seem to be unique.
  • AUTOCAD commands seen in the snapshot. This has led to this infographic.
  • The employee's name was uncovered, which led to his LinkedIn profile; he works in promotional printing and graphic design.
Many believed he worked at a printing company called Marina PLV, spread by this infographic which details the consistency of this leak and its ties to the company. They gave a statement that he left in 2016 and they have no relation. This news is what caused many to think the leak may be fake.

However, he has an additional LinkedIn page that lists his current work in ACP PLV for about 1 year and 8 months; it fits with his leave at Marina PLV. NintendoActu has claimed that they called his current workplace and can confirm that he does indeed work there. Liam Robertson is claiming that the suspected person has denied any involvement with this leak.

There are a few inconsistencies people have noticed such as differences in battlefield's backdrop design, but inconsistencies have already been created via official material.

edit: fixed link.
I appreciate that you typed this. Now we have a nice little summary of everything.

I give this thread 5 minutes before someone asks what's happening with the leak.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
I don't, but some people were noting NoA's silence and so I wanted to mention it here.

Of course they wouldn't say anything unless they were announcing a direct
Okay, but if I'm being completely honest, I think Nintendo posting the Smash trailer yesterday really was somehow tied to the fact this leak is out here.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
what? you didn't knock down **** lmao.

the way I understand it, there are two companies in this situation. one of them just made a statement saying that they have nothing to do with this because Eric hasn't been working there since 2015-2016, which is why he moved on to the other company, which has been silent on the issue regarding eric, and we're trying to figure out if they have any ties to smash bros. advertising through nintendo or bamco.

then liam robertson came in and said that the REAL eric has no clue what the hell is going on, so now we're trying to figure that the leaker here is, in fact, a real leaker, using the identity of this random guy working at an advertising company as a scapegoat to evade any legal troubles that would come his way from leaking confidential information (because... why else would this kid put this 50-year old guy on blast?)

as for the background stuff, i'm not convinced either way. minute details like that are vapid for this leak because this isn't your average image leaker - there's so much more surrounding this situation that trying to debunk it off a blurry image alone is insubstantial.
The second company doesN'T seem to have any link with Nintendo. They are connected to Bandai, but we think Nintendo is handling the ads, not Bandai. It is still possible, but much more unlikely for now considering Nintendo isn't involved.

EDIT: added N'T

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord

You should probably catch up on the thread. They found a second LinkedIn account of his that was connected to a different publishing company.

Both accounts are now down, so they're definitely related in some way.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
>companies denying something that would hurt their reliability and reputation with nintendo (or bamco)
wow, you figure?
Funny you mention that because the company’s ties are only with Bamco, which already didn’t align with how Smash promotional material is being handled. But sure, both are lying and we all know the real truth

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
AGAIN IF the roster was decided in 2015, this picture can be old.
If Nintendo's employee's themselves didn't know about the complete mural until right before E3 alongside EVERYONE IS HERE. I'm not sure that some random Frenchboy would get a Mural from 2015 right when the roster was decided, especially if that **** is supposed to be for the final Marketing campaign alongside the Grinch's movie

D

Deleted member

There's a leak in my street.

The guards said that they saw some kind of green being with clown make up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom