• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
[/QUOTE]
This leak makes Joker's plan in The Dark Knight look like a school project.
Which is why if fake, somehow this person is better at forming more complicated and elaborate plots than the entertainment industry. That's why it seems real to me. Too much

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So, I guess this leak is looking fake? I want to believe so hard, but I don't know anymore. I'm gonna be so messed up if it's fake, but it's my fault for putting my faith into it. I've been trying to deny the background evidence, but it just doesn't make sense to have changed it so much. Everything else just seems like so much work to pull off though. I'm going back to team Arizona Green Tea. Believing in it at this point is too risky for me.

D

Deleted member

Heath Ledger's Joker: i made the most complex plan in the history of pop culture... What is your biggest thing you done you little bug?

Grinch: i surpassed you...

Joker: Ho-

*Grinch shows this thread*

Joker: mother of...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
SW isn't a no name by any definition of the word, im don't know everything but he did leak the entire fall line-up for the switch.

@TotsBS has more information on this than me
I wonder how many alerts he got for getting tagged recently. I'm seeing him go "Mommy mommy I'm popular on the internet!" with the camera turning and revealing his mother is just Scott the Woz in drag

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
The only thing that makes me question the leak is that Isaac, Geno and Banjo in the same Smash is almost to good to be true hahaha

Still sad for the lack of female representation if this turn out to be true though
Lack of female representation? We already got Inkling, Isabelle, Daisy, and Dark Samus. That is more female newcomers than every game except Smash 4.

Doesn't hurt to dream now right? I mean, with all of the crazy characters, Sora could very well be the last surprise my man.

Also btw, Serebii himself commented on the leak aaaand...

Source

He doesn't seems to buy it and got mobbed because he said that people shouldn't prove that it's fake, but prove that it's real
That is my attitude as well. Wait and see.

Personally, I still find it very strange that there would be another seven newcomers for the base roster on top of Incineroar (who is missing).

This place is going to be very, very ugly even we get two additional characters to Incineroar and Ken, which is very sad considering all that this roster has given us.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
If the leak is real then I really can't wrap my head around how they're going to show all the newcomers in one Direct, because not only do we need 5 newcomer reveals + 2 echoes, but we're also yet to hear about Spirits, Online, Stadium, All-Star, plus other potential modes and quirks, maybe even a DLC announcement aswell, even being lenient that's at minimum a 40 minutes presentation. Now I don't think anyone here would mind that, but it doesn't sound very realistic for a game specific Direct, and it also poses a question of how they're going to keep it flowing naturally if they have like 5 different trailers to play for us. There's no precedent for cross series newcomer reveals either, so I really can't see an Isaac/Geno trailer or something to that effect either, I think that'd only be done if there's been a tight budget constraint on the cutscenes they could produce, and I highly doubt Nintendo are penny-pinching when it comes to Smash's marketing.

The most realistic solution to it would be if they're presenting the content to us in a new format, kinda like how the 50-Fact Extravaganza was different from every other Smash Direct. I don't think they'd adopt that same formular again as I feel like it'd only mess with the flow even harder to throw trailers at us in such a rapid fire way, aswell as not being an ideal way at presenting a mode like Spirits which hopefully has at least some depth to it, but I could see them try a new way of presenting things to us in a relatively brief and concise way. Either way I don't think we're going to see Sakurai at his desk and with suspicious furniture again if this all turns out to be real.
If the two directs rumor is correct, I see the general Nintendo direct coming first announcing 2 of the Unique Newcomers, and then at the end they announce the date of the Smash direct (Which they did with the Cloud dlc iirc). In that direct they announce the remaining 5 characters which should go smoothly. One at the beginning, one in the middle, one at the end with the echoes shown somewhere between them. Echo announcements are normally quick so it shouldn’t ruin the flow of it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Also, in regards to the Spawn Wave thing, if there's any Smash content being announced at TGA it's going to be DLC, so pretty irrelevant to the banner leak and startup screen copyrights.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
PLV is La publicité sur le lieu de vente
advertising at the point of sale

This is a nice video for fun from this company

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
If this is fake this is a curse and a blessing for Nintendo

On the good side, theres someone making hype for you when you have done a ****ty job of keeping it alive in the last 2 months

On the bad side... they overhyped your fans

beans

Smash Lord
If there is green DK pallete, someone should a meme where he just grabs the rooster and carries it.
Outside of jokes, how do you guys think the characters will be revealed?
For Banjo I imagine Sakurai having a dificulty with a jigsaw puzzle with the mural and when he puts the final piece with Banjo inside, it plays the jiggy jingle

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Doesn't hurt to dream now right? I mean, with all of the crazy characters, Sora could very well be the last surprise my man.

Also btw, Serebii himself commented on the leak aaaand...

Source

He doesn't seems to buy it and got mobbed because he said that people shouldn't prove that it's fake, but prove that it's real
He has a point though, that which can be stated without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. Boxes don't count as evidence it has to be something NOT insane.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Soooo I kinda lost track of the thread since it's going a million miles a minute. Can someone give me a TL;DR of what has happened?
Basically a French Twitter account contacted Eric's old company and they said he no longer works there. They then publicly posted that he hasn't worked there since 2016 and they are not working on anything Smash related.

However Eric now works at a different company that does not list Bamco, Nintendo or Universal Studios (makers of the new Grinch movie) as clients, but have worked for Ubisoft to make cardboard for Assassin's Creed stuff. Not listing their clients may just be an NDA issue.

Turns out the blank Battlefield was shown on a huge ****ing BILLBOARD at E3 this year, and no-one realized until about 12 hours ago. Anyway, there are differences between that one and the one in this leak, (such as the crystals being different and a castle missing) but someone has pointed out that this would not be the first time the background has changed since E3.

Both MysticDistance on Twitter thinks the leak is real based on his sources, but says there is one more character remaining who is oddly not in this leak. SpawnWave thinks this fake because Incineroar and another character he knows is going to be in the game are not present. papagenos papagenos also has a source at Microsoft who knew about these 7 on the Grinch leak, but never heard of this last character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If there is green DK pallete, someone should a meme where he just grabs the rooster and carries it.
Outside of jokes, how do you guys think the characters will be revealed?
For Banjo I imagine Sakurai having a dificulty with a jigsaw puzzle with the mural and when he puts the final piece with Banjo inside, it plays the jiggy jingle
Screencap this to remember Smashboards.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Dude isn't related to Vergeben in any way. He's a different insider who's gotten a lot right in the past, LeakyPandy has been accused in the past of piggybacking off of what he says. Maybe it's the opposite now and Spawnwave is now piggybacking off of Leaky but idk.

Spawn has gotten much more right in the past than Leaky ever has.
Oops, my bad.

Wait, was he the one who leaked the Yoshi game?
Maybe I'm confused. So many leakers dangit.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
While y'all are out here wondering about this leak, I'm still just here beyond wanting to know what the Minecraft content will be.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
WAIT HOLD ON

I JUST WOKE UP

WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON
There's a good chance the banner maybe a fake. If true I figured it was only a matter of time until it was debunked.

On one hand I'm hoping its real because Banjo

But at the same time hoping its fake because then there's hope for Black Shadow, Elma, Leon Powalski, Medusa and Nightmare.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord
I'm too busy to get really involved in speculation and now stuff takes off like crazy :(

My two cents, just to put it out there:
-Team Real
-APC not having known ties to Illumination makes it more believable to me. Obviously if fake, leaker did hella research. Why not use something APC has known ties to instead of 4D chess?
-Marina denial means literally nothing if supposed leaker is at APC, so skimming I'm not sure why that's still being talked about
-Stop talking about the dudes age. Not every 50 yr old is mature and careful to follow contract.
-If Eric was screwed over by a friend, it's still his fault and he is not a victim. If he's under NDA, he knowingly broke it to send it to a friend or give a friend an office tour etc
-...but his name being on things isn't a guarantee it's him either. Half the stuff I work on says "By _____" at the top with other people's names. Eric's name on the material does not mean that's even Eric's work area
-Roster is sounding great. I'll acknowledge bias that this is by a mile the leak I would be most happy with if true.

Ok, that's all. Back to being too busy

MainJPW

M.T.A
I mean... I want Tetra too...

She's just not on my signature because there wasn't an icon that was the same size as all the others on the Icon thread. >_>
I always kinda wanted Tetra, just not as much as other characters like K. Rool and Isaac. I supported her when the ballot went up on the old Support thread yet I never bothered to swing by the Ultimate Support thread until just now actually. That'd be one more.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Piggybacking this - I'd like to point out how easy it is to change your name on Snapchat, you can do it whenever you want to, and it will be how you appear on Snap when you send things to people. So, it's not far-fetched to think maybe someone would choose Eric as an easy scapegoat and just change names on Snap to his name to be extra safe when sending the sensitive info
Oh good. So if I am understanding correctly as someone who doesn't understand or use Snapchat, it could theoretically be anyone then and we've been wasting our time looking into this Eric fellow.
Great, we're just falling further and further down this rabbit hole.
IIRC, Snapchat isn't where the name was found out, people found it through the blurry images that were taken from Discord (the original video was quickly removed, the 'leak' was someone splicing together images they took), which in turn had the name (partially crossed out, but not enough) on them.

I really doubt the "**** Nintendo" thing was added in by a friend/colleague or impersonator that took the video without consent, but dumber things have happened.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
>Some no name
>Yesterday we answered like 10 time that question

Nah, **** you, I'm not digging through post once again- Just know that Spawn Wave is on a 9 leak streak proved truth and Nintendo stuff is in that streaks.
I literally asked in this thread 5 times who Spawn Wave is and got no answer, and saw that someone else did the same. If this guy was really on such a hot streak I’m sure I would’ve heard of him before yesterday and I’m sure he’d have more to say about the leak than “people have been saying Incineroar”. Sorry man, I don’t think you’re getting Sora lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lack of female representation? We already got Inkling, Isabelle, Daisy, and Dark Samus. That is more female newcomers than every game except Smash 4.

That is my attitude as well. Wait and see.

Personally, I still find it very strange that there would be another seven newcomers for the base roster on top of Incineroar (who is missing).

This place is going to be very, very ugly even we get two additional characters to Incineroar and Ken, which is very sad considering all that this roster has given us.
I mean Inkling Boy is there too so that gets evened out for Inkling although it means you can add Leaf, and Dark Samus really just depends on your interpretation. Just because it's more than average doesn't mean it's a lot if we assume the leak is real and count every other character then

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
If the leak is real then I really can't wrap my head around how they're going to show all the newcomers in one Direct, because not only do we need 5 newcomer reveals + 2 echoes, but we're also yet to hear about Spirits, Online, Stadium, All-Star, plus other potential modes and quirks, maybe even a DLC announcement aswell, even being lenient that's at minimum a 40 minutes presentation. Now I don't think anyone here would mind that, but it doesn't sound very realistic for a game specific Direct, and it also poses a question of how they're going to keep it flowing naturally if they have like 5 different trailers to play for us. There's no precedent for cross series newcomer reveals either, so I really can't see an Isaac/Geno trailer or something to that effect either, I think that'd only be done if there's been a tight budget constraint on the cutscenes they could produce, and I highly doubt Nintendo are penny-pinching when it comes to Smash's marketing.

The most realistic solution to it would be if they're presenting the content to us in a new format, kinda like how the 50-Fact Extravaganza was different from every other Smash Direct. I don't think they'd adopt that same formular again as I feel like it'd only mess with the flow even harder to throw trailers at us in such a rapid fire way, aswell as not being an ideal way at presenting a mode like Spirits which hopefully has at least some depth to it, but I could see them try a new way of presenting things to us in a relatively brief and concise way. Either way I don't think we're going to see Sakurai at his desk and with suspicious furniture again if this all turns out to be real.
You just summed out why I am skeptical, as well as Sakurai's own statements. Being skeptical is the best road to go down because its a win/win. You are not disappointed if there are only 2-4 characters left, and you are hyped if it does turn out to be real.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That reminds me...
CoroCoro saying 108... that's 5 more stages
this leaks supposedly says we're getting 5 newcomers, from newly represented franchises...
it all makes sense (I mean, if it's true)

Anyways, what do you all think will be the home stages for the following characters?

Gano
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Banjo Kazooie
Mach Rider
Won't get a stage
Not sure. Don't know enough about GS
Don't enough about Rhythm Heaven
Spiral Mountain
Excitebite course

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

As for showing seven more with shadow ken Isaac geno banjo mach rider and chorus kids

Maybe they save the last one for the vga thing spawn was talki g about

Oh and I heard why I thinks its fake its 100% opinion incineroar is not a excuse there's Ben a rumor going around incineroar was bait for leakers

Weeman

Smash Crusader

Well Ken and Shadow don't really need trailers.
If we do actually end up getting some kind of story mode, i could see there being a super trailer that introduces the mode while also rapid firing newcomers, this is where Geno, Mach Rider, Chorus kids and Isaac would be revealed.
Banjo on the other hand, being the last big 3rd party newcomer, would probably the last reveal at the end.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Not trying to invite you to the site lol, avoid it as much you can and try not to take them too seriously.
Don't worry, I don't take it as an invitation and I'm not so thin skinned that being on the site would bother me. I've posted leaks on it scoured it for leaks for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom