• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Of course, because the leaker surely will claim he did it..... :dr^_^:
I mean, it could be one of his former colleagues

D

Deleted member

And he made his LinkedIn profiles private. Two scenarios ride from this:
1) It's legit and he's trying to hide himself because his friend is **** at hiding his name and got him in trouble over SnapChat
2) He's got nothing to do with this and to stop further people from using his name, he set his profile to private

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Based on the research pulled by My *** inc. here are what I believe the copyrights based on some common leaks.

Ken: Capcom USA (?)
Incineroar: Gamefreak, Creatures Inc.
Geno: Square Enix
Shadow: SEGA

All 4 are already on the title screen.

Sora: Square Enix, Disney
Dragon Quest: Square Enix, Armor Project, possibly Bird Studio (they are on the back of boxes, but are character related)
Banjo: Rare Inc. probably Microsoft
Isaac: probably Camelot
Chorus Kids: probably Tesunku (he is on the back of the box, but I don't know if he owns the rights to the characters)
Why would you even list Sora?

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
One thing has always confused me and that's the blank Battlefield background. I thought one of the big things going for this leak was that we had never seen the background without all the characters on it, but it turns out it was on a big huge bright board at this year's E3?! Why did it take so long for people to remember that?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
...I can actually see it.

Will the Zelda fans finally get what they want?

A newcomer who isn't one of the main trio!?
So does that mean LeakyPandy is the new Loz? Also on an unrelated note maybe we should start using spoiler tags for their original intent until theres been official confirmation in the form of a reveal or a direct..

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Team Real has provided tons of proof, all detailed in the OP.

Team Fake is compiled with one piece of convincing evidence, and the rest is "I know it's fake but I can't tell you why"
It's not really that black and white. Marina clarifying that Eric hasn't worked there in over 2 years and ACP's lack of involvement with Nintendo/Capcom and Illumination are both valid points.

Team Fake has its own supporting evidence too besides a bunch of "gut feelings".

D

Deleted member

Man oh man can't wait for Shovel Knught as Smash 4 DLC
"Posted on Smashboards"
"Has this been posted yet?"
cb32066b-7e40-4098-a68b-c3cdeb14ec29.gif

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace

Potato_

Smash Lord
Of course, just like how it happens in Majora's Mask
I'll admit I'm biased here, no doubt. But the spot really does look like the Mask to me. It's also very likely that Mach Rider got a redesign though, I'll admit that.

I could see SK in that spot if he was sitting, then it'd make sense why we can't tell his position. Or if he's doing the "slightly levitating" pose he's known for. But it's a longshot I will admit, and I'm certainly not confident in it.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Soooo I kinda lost track of the thread since it's going a million miles a minute. Can someone give me a TL;DR of what has happened?
We checked out two company that Eric worked at. First one deny all Smash stuff, the second is silent but seems to not have anything to do with Nintendo (though Bandai is connected, but we believe Nintendo would have the ad, not Bandai).

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
a fun, wacky reminder:

damage control exists. companies would most certainly make vague statements dismissing anything that would make them liable for something as serious as an NDA violation. the fact any company involved in this was inclined to say anything makes it all the more unlikely someone would do an epic prank on the internet just to either get themselves or some random guy they know in deep legal ****

unless we already addressed that, in which case, keep keeping on gents.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
No, why list Sora? He seems on the far fetched end. And, you know, Disney is probably the biggest hurdle.
TL;DR, insiders says that there is a characters missing from that leak alongside Incineroar and there a Rumor that there could be an Announcement at the VGA.
And Sora seems to be the one rumoured for that event.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Could you link to the original post?
Last time I checked, the castle was there all the time in all the versions of the pictures and it's in the leak too if you look carefully enough, I don't know what they are talking about. I think the background has never been changed and the only changed one is the one in the leak.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
TL;DR, insiders says that there is a characters missing from that leak alongside Incineroar and there a Rumor that there could be an Announcement at the VGA.
And Sora seems to be the one rumoured for that event.
I mean, it could very well be anyone...
Like Steve...:secretkpop:

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
What’s the current status of the banner leak?
Confusion, so basically the same as yesterday.

The company commented saying the dude hasn't worked for them since November 2015, but we found out there's ANOTHER account for this guy who works at another French marketing company.

Both accounts are now private, suspiciously. Also apparently they talked to the dude and he said he didn't know about any of this.

beans

Smash Lord
No, why list Sora? He seems on the far fetched end. And, you know, Disney is probably the biggest hurdle.
SW has hinted at him and people are riding this idea
Also Disney isnt really hard to work with, especialy with KH
They talk to Nomura before doing anything with the characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom