• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So it cant be marina... so it had to have happened at acp... but if they're not working on grinch stuff then the grinch renders dont make sense. I feel like we're getting played by some dude playing 420d chess whos using this eric dude as a scapegoat (not to mention this eric dude is like 50 lmao)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
All I can say is that it’s not Nintendo’s fault if you hate Incineroar, and it’s not Incineroars fault that we fell for a fake leak. If it’s fake, of course.

If you end up disappointed at the outcome of a game because of a brilliantly done fake leak, that’s on you. Don’t blame Sakurai or Nintendo for something that didn’t actually happen in the first place.
I blame Incineroar for most of the problems in my life.

He's the reason why I can't afford a dentist, and the reason why my apartment is messy.

D

Deleted member

So it cant be marina... so it had to have happened at acp... but if they're not working on grinch stuff then the grinch renders dont make sense. I feel like we're getting played by some dude playing 420d chess whos using this eric dude as a scapegoat (not to mention this eric dude is like 50 lmao)
This is a huge troll then.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
...I can actually see it.

Will the Zelda fans finally get what they want?

A newcomer who isn't one of the main trio!?
I still want a newcomer who is part of the main trio... Ganon... and I wouldn't mind Tetra as well.

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
ill see you guys later, got class, hopefully something actually happens maybe

D

Deleted member

This is a huge troll then.
Leaker watches Rick and Morty confirmed. His IQ is just too high.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is interesting. Maybe it's a child or other younger relation. That was basically what happened with the ESRB leak - the ESRB guy shared to someone they thought was trustworthy, that leak got into the hands of a child who thought they were sticking it to the Man and getting their internet fame points complete with the sanctimonious handle "MOTHER ****ING LEAKER", and then they ruin someone's career.

Really makes you think.
I'm just gonna add to this by saying the Snapchat story and 4chan leak's rude tones and "**** Nintendo" attitude are REALLY reminiscent of how "MOTHER ****ING LEAKER" treated the ESRB info until all hell broke loose.

Again, it really is interesting.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman

Of course, because the leaker surely will claim he did it..... :dr^_^:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This seems to hurt both a DQ character and Sora.
Sora would have Disney Interactive Studios, and a DQ character would have Armor Project (Bird Studio possibly, but while Nomura is credited on the site, he isn't mentioned on the title screen).

That being said, the common theory for both of these is related to DLC, which wouldn't be on here yet.
Why would this affect either?

Armor Project is basically Yuji Horii's studio.
When it comes to Armor Project and Bird Studio for DQ, they're a packaged deal. There's not one without the other.
Horii and Toriyama have worked together for 31 years, why get in the way of each other?

The only one with the Power to accept/Deny the use of a DQ character is Horii (as head of DQ) and Square Enix, as head of everything.

TheoreticalMyth

Smash Cadet
From where I can see the supposed image of skull kid under the bike, it looks too small and smushed to be anything to me atm. Then again, I'm on mobile, but from the close up, he looks to be hunched over and turned around or something. Honestly I think it's just a smudge, because all the characters seem to be given a little bit more room than that, even geno and banjo get more room on the image than that.

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Is Microsoft listed in Minecraft for Nintendo Switch, or just Mojang? Because if not, maybe Microsoft won’t be listed for Smash, but just Rare and Mojang.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nintendo Twitter have still not posted anything as of now.

Does it mean anything?

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone's pointed out that we do have Eric in a technical lie. He took down his Linkedin very early into the leak and has been the focus of 4chan sleuths for an entire day (easily 100 messages spread across every kind of social media), but he said he only first heard of the leak when the French reporting company got in contact with him. He darn well knew about it.

Ikanger

Smash Apprentice
You know, I'm just beyond ready for that direct.. because this mess gets more and more confusing by the hour and I just need some c l e a r i t y, straight to the point info..

*Victoria Justice voice* I thInK We aLL dO

CCub

Smash Rookie
I could see something like the Majora's Mask, but I don't see the body. Honestly it looks to the light of the bike from this image.
Right, that's what I thought, but the canon bike does not have dual headlights like that.

Last edited:

Antimatter042

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I'm pretty sure we're at a stalemate now with all facts considered: no artistic slip-up that can singlehandedly kill the whole leak has been discovered and we even got laughably bad fake renders based on the leak being thrown around (that one takes me back). I personally believe that if ACP haven't put out a statement to clear themselves of accountability by the end of the working week then it's almost definitely real. After Marina's very strongly worded statement it would not surprise me if ACP want to make their own as well, but an NDA is currently shutting them up and they can't make things worse.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I still want a newcomer who is part of the main trio... Ganon... and I wouldn't mind Tetra as well.
I mean... I want Tetra too...

She's just not on my signature because there wasn't an icon that was the same size as all the others on the Icon thread. >_>
I blame Incineroar for most of the problems in my life.

He's the reason why I can't afford a dentist, and the reason why my apartment is messy.
Incineroar poisoned our well and salted our fields.

He also killed little Timmy's dog!

Graizen

Smash Champion
I was thinking something...

If the Smash roster was decided like, in 2015.
This picture could have been taken a long time ago.

So, he was working on the other job that time.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Team Real has provided tons of proof, all detailed in the OP.

Team Fake is compiled with one piece of convincing evidence, and the rest is "I know it's fake but I can't tell you why"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Of course, because the leaker surely will claim he did it..... :dr^_^:
But is there an actual reason to believe that he was definitely the one who did it? :dr^_^:

Untouch

Smash Master
Based on the research pulled by My Ass inc. here are what I believe the copyrights based on some common leaks.

Ken: Capcom USA (?)
Incineroar: Gamefreak, Creatures Inc.
Geno: Square Enix
Shadow: SEGA

All 4 are already on the title screen.

Sora: Square Enix, Disney
Dragon Quest: Square Enix, Armor Project, possibly Bird Studio (they are on the back of boxes, but are character related)
Banjo: Rare Inc. probably Microsoft
Isaac: probably Camelot
Chorus Kids: probably Tesunku (he is on the back of the box, but I don't know if he owns the rights to the characters)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well according to @papagenos ' source, they have actual proof of Banjo, so that would be another company they'd need to add (obviously depending on whether or not you trust this source.)

Yeah a Direct is really the only thing that's gonna solve all these questions IMO.
It’s a waiting game at this point, for the direct and the game.

It’s not a question of what if anymore it’s now a when, when will they announce it.

Untouch

Smash Master
Why would this affect either?

Armor Project is basically Yuji Horii's studio.
When it comes to Armor Project and Bird Studio for DQ, they're a packaged deal. There's not one without the other.
Horii and Toriyama have worked together for 31 years, why get in the way of each other?

The only one with the Power to accept/Deny the use of a DQ character is Horii (as head of DQ) and Square Enix, as head of everything.
No I don't mean like that, just based on the room left on the title screen for copyrights. There isn't any room left, but I don't think this is a final title screen anywys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom