• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

domriver

Smash Lord
They are getting ready to release the Nintendo Sentinels.
The Sentinels are awaiting N.O.A orders. * Arrive at Nintendo HQ*
*Reggie comes walking about with 2 Bayonetta Cos-Play security personnels.*
Sentinels : your orders my liege?
Reggie: Seek and Destroy and bring me back their head or heads!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
This leak only brings chaos and nothing more... and if it's fake (it most likely is) the thing that they are fooling most of us is just annoying.

The fact is that the background is different, and there is solid proof of that.
It's possible that it has been modified on purpose to make it seem like a fake, in that case it's not unlikely that some of the characters in the banner are fake too and not all of them are in/someone has been removed from the picture in the edit.
So, even if the leak is real, it's probably not the real roster, not completely.

If the background is different because it's fake, then it's fake ad we are all losing our time.
I think this is the most likely option, though I don't exclude the other one.

The 4chan post with the same characters as the leak means nothing, because it's very possible that the post and the leak are made by the same person/group of people and they specifically posted the list of characters on 4chan only to support the leak and make it more credible. The fact that it has been posted close enough to the banner leak, is an hint that the two things are connected and that the leak may be fake. If that roster was real, it would have probably appeared more often in text leaks, assuming that a small percentage of them have actual legit informations. All the text leaks so far, despite using the same names over and over, have all been very different each other, in a way or another, by mentioning different third party reps, and different amounts of characters.

I think they have posted the list of characters close to the leak so that people would assume that there wasn't enough time to create the picture based on the text leak in such a short time (I don't know precisely how much time it was, but I have read somewhere it was close), and to make it seem like both the text leak and the banner leak were unrelated and both legit (so basically, a move to support the leak's credibility), but ironically, I think that it would have been more credible if it was based on a text leak (or better, on several text leaks) of many weeks ago, in that case there would have been the doubt that maybe between all the fake leaks there were some overlooked real ones (kinda like the "there is a true image leak between the fakes that has been overlooked" of some days ago).

Anyway, I'd be ok with that roster if it's real. It would annoy me a bit that there are the Chorus Kids instead of Karate Joe, but still, the other characters are all characters I'm neutral to, and I like Geno.
It's just that this roster is missing a surprise character... I don't know, it's kind of disappointing that every character in the picture is someone that's already been speculated (and fake-leaked) countless times, between Ultimate and Smash 4's speculation cycle... and honestly this is another thing that points toward it being fake, it really seems a fan's wishlist and I have an hard time trying to think that this list is actually official.

D

Deleted member

Wait were there any updates as to whether or not the new company works on smash/grinch stuff?

KMDP

Smash Legend
What if... The culprit is Eric's son/daughter? Holy **** I'd pay good money to be seated at that dinner table that night. Can you imagine being comfortable in your career and that's now possibly BTFO because your kid got overexcited about some Nintendo characters and blew an NDA with one of your company's biggest clients? It'd be like suddenly realizing you're going over Niagara Falls in a barrel but the barrel's full of dog **** and M80s.
Isn't that what I suggested about an hour ago? XD

The best laid plans of mice and men get screwed over by somebody's overexcited kid.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
View attachment 171920

Here is a comparison with the Event version that we got ever since E3. Forgive me with my **** photoshop skill, but currently studying and only have a trackpad as a tool, but I tried to recreate the title screen with everything we see in the Ad...And there is a big empty chunk now.
It's hard to tell, but it looks like Sega is still at the bottom left. Assuming companies are added in the order they get in Smash, that would mean Microsoft and Camelot would have to be in the last row.

Personally, I think they just shrunk the text. If we get more companies, they'll probably rearrange them again and bump up Sega and Capcom. If not, then the last row will a bit longer than the previous row.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Team Real and Team Fake are not good and evil, nor are they rivals in opposition.
They are Defense lawyer and Prosecutor, duking it out not for their individual sake, but to find out the truth.
Phoenix.gif
Miles.gif

Troykv

Smash Master
So... what happened with the Grinch thing now? I'm seeing more conflictive people talking about the leak.

Nazzul

Smash Rookie
I gotta be on team agnostic for this one. I just dont have enough evidence to convince me it's totally real, but what I have seen it certainly could be real. PlusI feel that we have not found enough to disprove it yet. Really this is a great comparison to religion in general.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Camelot is already there for the Mario sports games (Waluigi, etc), but the font change may confirm others like Microsoft/Rare/Mojang joining in.

It makes perfect sense tbh
Camelot are not currently on the title screen like ape, Gamefreak, Hal and intelligent systems. If Isaac is in it makes sense that Camelot would be added to it.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
So... what happened with the Grinch thing now? I'm seeing more conflictive people talking about the leak.
We check out the company that the leak was supposedly coming from. One deny any involve with Smash content, the other is silent but appears to not have anything to do with Nintendo (this company also had nothing to do with Grinch so we are having some doubts).

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t think anything new has happened other than Sakurai getting ready to murder him

beans

Smash Lord
Man, this really has been a case full of turnabouts.
For me the leak is true, so many minor details that I doubt anyone would think a lot about it.
However all the company and Linkedin stuff is getting fuzier and fuzier.
Im team real all the way to the end, the only thing that can destroy it for me is a Nintendo Direct attack on it.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo really needs to put out a direct. The game is coming out so soon and there's still quite a bit we don't know. Even if this leak is fake, it's just a matter of time before a real one comes out.

D

Deleted member

So the new company DOES have ties to bamco then... huh. What about Illumination/Universal? Been looking thru the last few pages and can't find anything lol

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm conflicted on the Grinch. On one hand, everything seems to be lining up for it. On the other, 5 more unique newcomers seems really impossible. Sakurai said they were too trigger happy with reveals in August. If this leak is real, they could have shown a third newcomer in August, an extra one at the beginning of the September direct, and still had three newcomer trailers for November.
Your belief that there are too many newcomers is not convincing evidence.

Also Sakurai never said that they had less newcomers to reveal, but rather they would be slowing them down for the time being. Read what he said.

TheoreticalMyth

Smash Cadet
Nintendo really needs to put out a direct. The game is coming out so soon and there's still quite a bit we don't know. Even if this leak is fake, it's just a matter of time before a real one comes out.
Supposedly, there is a direct coming out between November 5 - 12th, likely on the 8th

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Sharpening tool has seen better days. The sharper the image gets, the more I see Skull Kid under Mach Rider
I could see something like the Majora's Mask, but I don't see the body. Honestly it looks to the light of the bike from this image.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
All I can say is that it’s not Nintendo’s fault if you hate Incineroar, and it’s not Incineroars fault that we fell for a fake leak. If it’s fake, of course.

If you end up disappointed at the outcome of a game because of a brilliantly done fake leak, that’s on you. Don’t blame Sakurai or Nintendo for something that didn’t actually happen in the first place.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
So hum...A while ago, someone talked about how the copyright means no other licence or third parties could be added because in the Demo there wasn't any spot left.
Well, Nintendo recently started their Ads where we see the Smash Ultimate titlescreen with the 1.0.0 version aaand...

View attachment 171919

The Font changed...It's not full anymore.

Where can we see this ad?

D

Deleted member

I am on Team Memes.

Can be real, can be fake, but i look just for the memes.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sharpening tool has seen better days. The sharper the image gets, the more I see Skull Kid under Mach Rider
...I can actually see it.

Will the Zelda fans finally get what they want?

A newcomer who isn't one of the main trio!?

Potato_

Smash Lord
I could see something like the Majora's Mask, but I don't see the body. Honestly it looks to the light of the bike from this image.
Well that would mean Mach Rider is getting a redesign because...

It was always one light, not two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom