• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrollo.

fka president wario

Of course, because the leaker surely will claim he did it..... :dr^_^:
I mean, you’re right, but Eric’s like 50 apparently. So he could have no legitimate idea about it. Whether its real or fake someone could’ve used his name as a scapegoat.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Confusion, so basically the same as yesterday.

The company commented saying the dude hasn't worked for them since November 2015, but we found out there's ANOTHER account for this guy who works at another French marketing company.

Both accounts are now private, suspiciously. Also apparently they talked to the dude and he said he didn't know about any of this.
Which again is BS. He had the full force of 4chan on his arse for 24 hours, he would very well know about it.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
SW has hinted at him and people are riding this idea
Also Disney isnt really hard to work with, especialy with KH
They talk to Nomura before doing anything with the characters
By not hard to work with I imagine you mean they REALLLY like money :p

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
TL;DR, insiders says that there is a characters missing from that leak alongside Incineroar and there a Rumor that there could be an Announcement at the VGA.
And Sora seems to be the one rumoured for that event.
So nothing substantial.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendo and Marina are both acting like how I would expect them to if at least some of what was shown was real.

Marina- Denying a relationship despite being noted on their website falls in line with a strict NDA. They're basically pleading the 5th now because doing otherwise would probably be a breach of contract. If they say anything, that leads to further questions (like disclosing what they actually are working on) that could really lead them into a legal hot mess if it's taken to court. Marina needs Nintendo/Namco significantly more than the other way around so potentially losing a major client over a violated NDA is an enormous deal.

Nintendo- Really doesn't need to do anything. If they learned anything from the ESRB leak, it's that the Striesand Effect is a very real thing. All Nintendo has to do is stand with its arms folded as if it caught a kid eating the cake in the fridge that was meant for the church potluck. They don't have to confirm or deny anything because this whole mess is on Marina now and theys gots sum 'splain'n ta do.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't know. People brushed off LeakyPandy when (s)he mentioned the bit about a SE character being un the VGA. But now this almighty Vergeperson Says it's possible. It's pretty much confirmed.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Right, that's what I thought, but the canon bike does not have dual headlights like that.
I highlighted some stuff to show what I see, but it might not be correct so take it with a grain of salt.
But anyways, if it were actually Skull Kid, I don't think they'd hide him away like that. Every other character is in full view.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Which again is BS. He had the full force of 4chan on his arse for 24 hours, he would very well know about it.
If he’s actually 50 I doubt he’s on the Internet that much, which would explain why he wouldn’t know. Like I said before someone easily could’ve used his name as a scapegoat.

CCub

Smash Rookie
I mean, you’re right, but Eric’s like 50 apparently. So he could have no legitimate idea about it. Whether its real or fake someone could’ve used his name as a scapegoat.
Piggybacking this - I'd like to point out how easy it is to change your name on Snapchat, you can do it whenever you want to, and it will be how you appear on Snap when you send things to people. So, it's not far-fetched to think maybe someone would choose Eric as an easy scapegoat and just change names on Snap to his name to be extra safe when sending the sensitive info

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So nothing substantial.
Doesn't hurt to dream now right? I mean, with all of the crazy characters, Sora could very well be the last surprise my man.

Also btw, Serebii himself commented on the leak aaaand...

I thought the Pokémon community went bat**** crazy with fakes/rumours.

I've been mobbed for saying burden of proof is on it being real rather than on it being fake.

Come on guys, you're better than this.​
Source

He doesn't seems to buy it and got mobbed because he said that people shouldn't prove that it's fake, but prove that it's real

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't know. People brushed off LeakyPandy when (s)he mentioned the bit about a SE character being un the VGA. But now this almighty Vergeperson Says it's possible. It's pretty much confirmed.
It was SpawnWave who mentioned it, I don't know if he's just saying that beecause of LeakyPandy though.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Dude isn't related to Vergeben in any way. He's a different insider who's gotten a lot right in the past, LeakyPandy has been accused in the past of piggybacking off of what he says. Maybe it's the opposite now and Spawnwave is now piggybacking off of Leaky but idk.

Spawn has gotten much more right in the past than Leaky ever has.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I just woke up, has anything changed about the leak? Any new info?
We check the leaker's company. One deny having Smash stuff, the other is silent and seemingly not connected to Nintendo (though is with Bandai, but we believe Bandai is not handling the ad).

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
SW has hinted at him and people are riding this idea
Also Disney isnt really hard to work with, especialy with KH
They talk to Nomura before doing anything with the characters
And what has SW done in the past to prove that he’s credible? Because from here all I see is some no name vaguely hint at Sora and everyone losing their minds as if he is Sakurai lmfao

Untouch

Smash Master
It's been posted a few times, but things get buried easily given the pace of the thread.

AGHHH they did this on purpose to upset me, I just know it.
BQO16[1].jpg

Random still is the first option (and it's obviously composited) though.

D

Deleted member

This leak makes Joker's plan in The Dark Knight look like a school project.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Piggybacking this - I'd like to point out how easy it is to change your name on Snapchat, you can do it whenever you want to, and it will be how you appear on Snap when you send things to people. So, it's not far-fetched to think maybe someone would choose Eric as an easy scapegoat and just change names on Snap to his name to be extra safe when sending the sensitive info
Oh good. So if I am understanding correctly as someone who doesn't understand or use Snapchat, it could theoretically be anyone then and we've been wasting our time looking into this Eric fellow.
Great, we're just falling further and further down this rabbit hole.

beans

Smash Lord
And what has SW done in the past to prove that he’s credible? Because from here all I see is some no name vaguely hint at Sora and everyone losing their minds as if he is Sakurai lmfao
He hinted at Cloud with a Star Wars reference.
imo he just a dude who is memeing and got lucky

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
>Some no name
>Yesterday we answered like 10 time that question

Nah, **** you, I'm not digging through post once again- Just know that Spawn Wave is on a 9 leak streak proved truth and Nintendo stuff is in that streaks.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Oh good. So if I am understanding correctly as someone who doesn't understand or use Snapchat, it could theoretically be anyone then and we've been wasting our time looking into this Eric fellow.
Pretty much. I think honestly at this point if its real, the leaker likely used Eric’s name as a scapegoat.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If the leak is real then I really can't wrap my head around how they're going to show all the newcomers in one Direct, because not only do we need 5 newcomer reveals + 2 echoes, but we're also yet to hear about Spirits, Online, Stadium, All-Star, plus other potential modes and quirks, maybe even a DLC announcement aswell, even being lenient that's at minimum a 40 minutes presentation. Now I don't think anyone here would mind that, but it doesn't sound very realistic for a game specific Direct, and it also poses a question of how they're going to keep it flowing naturally if they have like 5 different trailers to play for us. There's no precedent for cross series newcomer reveals either, so I really can't see an Isaac/Geno trailer or something to that effect either, I think that'd only be done if there's been a tight budget constraint on the cutscenes they could produce, and I highly doubt Nintendo are penny-pinching when it comes to Smash's marketing.

The most realistic solution to it would be if they're presenting the content to us in a new format, kinda like how the 50-Fact Extravaganza was different from every other Smash Direct. I don't think they'd adopt that same formular again as I feel like it'd only mess with the flow even harder to throw trailers at us in such a rapid fire way, aswell as not being an ideal way at presenting a mode like Spirits which hopefully has at least some depth to it, but I could see them try a new way of presenting things to us in a relatively brief and concise way. Either way I don't think we're going to see Sakurai at his desk and with suspicious furniture again if this all turns out to be real.

CCub

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I think that is a fair way to look at it, too.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
AGHHH they did this on purpose to upset me, I just know it.
View attachment 171933

Random still is the first option (and it's obviously composited) though.
That reminds me...
CoroCoro saying 108... that's 5 more stages
this leaks supposedly says we're getting 5 newcomers, from newly represented franchises...
it all makes sense (I mean, if it's true)

Anyways, what do you all think will be the home stages for the following characters?

Gano
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Banjo Kazooie
Mach Rider

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
SW isn't a no name by any definition of the word, im don't know everything but he did leak the entire fall line-up for the switch.

@TotsBS has more information on this than me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom