• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
After the background differences, I'm now leaning more towards team fake than team real. This is proving to be a rollercoaster of a leak and I'm hoping it's proven to be one or the other soon because I don't know how much longer I can stomach this.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So what are the teams again?

Team Real
Team Fake
Team Hmmm (whatever that is)
Team Zinith

Is that about right?
I'd be on team Zinith if I wasn't already on the Fighting ToasterBrains Team.
And the Arizona Green Tea Team. At the same time.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
Don't know why people say it's fake, it's real.
At least people will shut up about their Never Evers being in Smash except Skull Kid, Incineroar (thank god), Waddle Dee (yes), and Waluigi fans. Anyways hope for your most wanted be DLC or something, unless they're an assist.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Team Fake that background being completely different (with the missing ruins but not only that) is really the deal breaker here.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So with the Grinch leak, when do you think the direct will come confirming/deconfirming all this?
I am of a firm oppinion that 7 characters or not we still only have 1 remaining smash direct, likely on the 8th. Mayyyybe we have a single trailer drop earlier but I doubt it.

I really like the idea of a 50 fact direct with a new character every 10 or so (1, 15, 25, 35, 49???) And then one number, like number 20 could be ECHOES and we see all the echoes including 2 new ones. I think this is possible, but also I want it just because I loved the 50 fact formula. Just have it be Sakurai (sorry I love you Xander but this is his magnum opus).

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Now another thing we can expect is Nintendo or another companies (for example the one the leaker is working) reacting to this, even internally. I'm waiting until someone says "my sources, who I trust 400%, says Nintendo is going beyond mad due this leak" confirming it even more or something.

It's the little things like the reactions or, in general, news related to the leak in the next days what I enjoy the most.

I'm 100% team "hmmm". Too good to be real + Too real to not be true.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
You know...

Imagine the ****storm if that banner had had Goku on it. :laugh:

Oh, boy.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
So what are the teams again?

Team Real
Team Fake
Team Hmmm (whatever that is)
Team Zinith

Is that about right?
I am Team Danganronpa, creators of Danganronpa V3 and is currently rooting for Monokuma in Smash.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If this is real I will eat McDonald's.
What, no! Think of your health!

No clue, these Teams keep fracturing...
Okay, then. It's just I try to be cautious, but it's hard since this leak's contents is really good. It's like sitting on a feast and try not to eat. It's not easy even if you are not hungry.

You know...

Imagine the ****storm if that banner had had Goku on it. :laugh:

Oh, boy.
Oh, hi best timeline.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Join the Fighting ToasterBrains Team, offshoot of Team Arizona Green Tea.
We have cookies, ****posting, and lawn chairs to use when watching everyone else spontaneously combusts from being in this thread too long.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Join the Fighting ToasterBrains Team, offshoot of Team Arizona Green Tea.
We have cookies, ****posting, and lawn chairs to use when watching everyone else spontaneously combusts from being in this thread too long.
Sometimes I feel like you're enjoying other people ripping each others' throats a bit too much...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
if the banner is fake, i will install myself as the leader of the first galatic empire, and bring peace to the galaxy

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Please don't. I have this weird affliction where if I see a long fingernail I imagine myself biting it. (I'm pretty messed up.)
don't worry it's already pretty short
(because i've been biting it :()

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What's the Arizona Green Tea Team? It sounds like I ought to be obligated to join it, given my location.
Everyone was picking teams yesterday when I was drinking one.
It's the team you pick when you're not heavily leaning either way (for any reason), but you're more fun than team "hmmmm". Or, you lean one of the ways, and you're more fun than team real or team fake.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Does Team Hmmm includes Team Cautiously Optimistic?
I would like to know as well. Because I think that describes me pretty well--cautiously optimistic.

Overall I am definitely leaning real, but with enough doubt to only just lean. And I want it to be true, of course.

I also am not convinced of the arguments against the leak that have been presented. Not one of them is strong enough to move the needle to pessimism. If there's any reason I doubt the leak, it's because of the circumstances it carries with it naturally. By which I mean...Team Fake, step it up if you really wanna debunk this.

Disclaimer: that is NOT an invitation to flood me with quotes and tags about your arguments, lol. If you've got a good one, just state it to the group, thanks.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
Sometimes I feel like you're enjoying other people ripping each others' throats a bit too much...
I mean, every time I rip someone’s throat all that happens is that I get banned. That’s not an enjoyable experience so I prefer not to do that.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I am on Team Hmmmm and Team Cautiously Optimistic, thinking this could go either way. I am leaning towards real, though.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think we're gonna reach a boiling point where more info is gonna come out either in favor of or against this leak? Or do you think we'll be stuck in limbo until the next direct?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If it wasn't so silly-dramatic it'd be harder to treat it like a soap opera. You've seen how absolutely mad some people have gotten in here. Mad as in crazy.
And I wouldn't stop that from happening, because I can't.

In fact, sometimes I use the desperation arguments here as part of my basis for one of my "guesses" haha

It's especially hard in MY case considering.... you know

Team Zinith until proven ToasterBrains

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean, every time I rip someone’s throat all that happens is that I get banned. That’s not an enjoyable experience so I prefer not to do that.
Yeah, I give in to my emotions and acted irrationally a few times, too. Though I like to imagine I'm cool now.

It's especially hard in MY case considering.... you know

I didn't even needed to see the picture to know what was in it.

Everyone was picking teams yesterday when I was drinking one.
It's the team you pick when you're not heavily leaning either way (for any reason), but you're more fun than team "hmmmm". Or, you lean one of the ways, and you're more fun than team real or team fake.
You shut your mouth, Team Hmmm has plenty of fun. Does other teams have staples, hmmm?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Do you guys think we're gonna reach a boiling point where more info is gonna come out either in favor of or against this leak? Or do you think we'll be stuck in limbo until the next direct?
I mean the leak's outcome will probably be decided in 2 weeks so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom