• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I wonder what the character might be called if that's the case? Chorus Gang?
Probably just Glee Club like the mini-game.

But that is interesting to think about, given I’ve never actually considered the conductor beyond a Red/Green position or just showing up in victory screens like Doc Louis.
If he ends up factoring in, I’m extremely curious in the moveset then.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I have returned from my sabbatical in the womb to join in the festivities.

Chaste kisses to all the old homies, and the new.

Finally caught up to this whole affair. Seems promising.

My hopefuls going into Ultimate consisted of Ridley, K Rool, Skull Kid, and Banjo. Getting 2/4 was already a trip; 3/4, especially with BK, and my body might leave my soul.

Plausible leaks water my pores, so here's to more cracks in the pipeline.
Welcome back to the zoo. Old rules still apply; no feeding the animals.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I have returned from my sabbatical in the womb to join in the festivities.

Chaste kisses to all the old homies, and the new.

Finally caught up to this whole affair. Seems promising.

My hopefuls going into Ultimate consisted of Ridley, K Rool, Skull Kid, and Banjo. Getting 2/4 was already a trip; 3/4, especially with BK, and my body might leave my soul.

Plausible leaks water my pores, so here's to more cracks in the pipeline.
I missed you.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The weirdest thing about this leak is Chorus Kids having the Conductor as likely the main controllable character. I've been on Smashboards awhile and I don't think the Conductor was never brought up in regards to the Chorus Kids as the centerpiece of the moveset. It reminds me of the Bowser Jr. Clown Car moveset that people thought was too ludicrous to be true, but Sakurai likes to think outside the box.
Yeah it is interesting. I can't see there being four characters in one, so I'm imagining that you control the Conductor and the Kids appear for attacks.

There's no way it'd be an Ice Climbers situation but with 4 characters.

Imagine 8 Player Smash with 4 x 8.

Boy oh boy.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Guys, the space behind Bowser Jr., in the official mural, may be different from the E3 background-

ah, forget it, I'll discuss it tomorrow when all these guests leave and take the images to GameFaqs or whatever, the website is getting slow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all realize that even with these insane characters getting in and how some people have reacted to this whole debacle, DLC at this point is gonna be much more of a bloodbath.

...um, I....png

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I might have to ditch this place and other gaming sites for a while. We could possibly get a roster that pleases just about everybody and instead of being happy about it people have to crap on those who didn't get their characters.

Why? You got what you wanted after years and years of begging and this is how you spend your victory?

I'm sorry for liking a character you don't, i'll get out of your way...
But we love you

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
im at page 6012... i will post somthing at the last page after im finish reading evreything up , however i think i see skull kid in this frame as well...

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Opossum, stop.

You're gonna make me make a post a song from my favorite Disney movie ("Be Our Guest" from Beauty and The Beast).

And someone is gonna misread it as "OMG! SORA CUNF1RMED!!!"

(which btw, if this leak is real, Banjo was the original "White Whale" that couldn't happen after the Rare situation. Now he's off the table. Now the closest thing to that "White Whale" is Sora)
Hah is strange I got back because of this leak too.

.n_n.

Last edited:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Skull Kid was only said to be in by Loz, who admitted on Discord that he didn’t have an actual source for it and assumed he’d be in based on evidence. Unless those screenshots was fake/it wasn’t him in them and I don’t know about it.

However, I do think Loz was one of those who got duped by deliberate fake leaks from Nintendo. His E3 info was way too specific to be guesses, but Nintendo caught on quickly and sent out fake info about the August direct. I mean, he was wrong about what he said about the August direct but they were sort of half truths. The direct was in August but he got the date wrong. They did show off the new game mode but it wasn’t in depth like Loz claimed, it was just a tease. I feel like Nintendo sent out a bunch of half truths to weed out whoever gave him the E3 info.
Oh huh, I never heard that he didn't have a real source for that. Damn. I guess that just about kills that dream.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Vaanrose's comparison is a big hmm in my book. Is it likely that Nintendo would change the Battlefield background that much?

Of course none of that matters. Not one little bit.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I might have to ditch this place and other gaming sites for a while. We could possibly get a roster that pleases just about everybody and instead of being happy about it people have to crap on those who didn't get their characters.

Why? You got what you wanted after years and years of begging and this is how you spend your victory?

I'm sorry for liking a character you don't, i'll get out of your way...
Boi if you don’t straighten out and stop taking these knuckleheads seriously I’m gonna revoke another one of your birthdays

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
So, I'm not entirely sure about that space behind Bowser Jr., but I will say the cloud in the E3 banner has a part that looks like it should go past Bowser Jr.'s face, but it doesn't, and the lighting seems different but idk. A few little clouds may be missing or different from the E3 banner overall.
I have checked the clouds behind Bowser Jr and they're fine. There's a lighter part of that cloud but it's covered by DK's arm, so the cloud appears to be all dark grey even if it's not, but it's ok, nothing has been moved.
Though, the prespective can be confusing, I had some problems at figuring that one out too.
On the right of Bowser Jr, near Dark Samus, there are some red lightnings that seem to be missing from some of the E3 pictures, though it can just be the lighting, because if you observe all the surrounding details, it matches perfectly.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not gonna pretend I know anything about the background or how graphic arts work, but things can change. There can be inconsistencies; there are inconsistencies in artwork all the time.

And at the same time, it's just a promotional picture. It is not a definitive confirmation or deconfirmation. If anything, the text leak a month back by ChadG anondorf is the big "proof."

Also most of these characters are gonna be in anyways. Isaac and Chorus Kids felt inevitable as DLC at least, Shadow and Ken felt like easy choices, Geno and Banjo make a ton of sense and got a lot of demand (especially the latter), and Mach Rider is one of the best "forgotten retro character" candidates that has been thrown around as a concept before in Melee.

In addition, this fits Chad Ganondorf's leak.

Again we are going to get most of these characters. We are getting DLC and other characters. If your favorite with a good shot isn't here, don't panic. You can wait for DLC, and the roster is already too good as is. Game's roster as is right now is the best roster in any game I have ever seen for anything ever. If that's not enough to satisfy roster nerds, IDK what is.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Yeah it is interesting. I can't see there being four characters in one, so I'm imagining that you control the Conductor and the Kids appear for attacks.

There's no way it'd be an Ice Climbers situation but with 4 characters.

Imagine 8 Player Smash with 4 x 8.

Boy oh boy.
I mean, I personally never thought they would work as some sort of Ice Climber duo, more along the lines like Duck Hunt where they all act as one individual entity along with animations and attacks, making them mostly multi hitting characters relying on timing and combos.
But it’s interesting to think the conductor is the playable character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Vaanrose's comparison is a big hmm in my book. Is it likely that Nintendo would change the Battlefield background that much?

Of course none of that matters. Not one little bit.
I'm almost sure the space behind Bowser Jr. in the official mural is different from E3's empty mural, but eh...

kylexv

Smash Master
So I've noticed that half are thinking this leak is real while the other half thinks it's fake. Half will be right, half will be wrong. Because of this, I think I've found the true culprit behind the leak.

Thanos

You see, it is just as he desires. A perfectly balanced world, where half will live in the joy of being right, and the other half will end up saved by the Mad Titan himself from their errors.

The stances for this leak are perfectly balanced, as everything should be.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
The inconsistencies in the background really fill me with a lot of doubt about the whole thing. The differences seem way to minor for something Nintendo would bother to change. Although some of them do seem like the photo quality / lighting / printing may be responsible for some of the differences.

But even if there were no differences, it would still shed doubt on the whole thing, because a characterless background already existed. To me it's looking less and less likely and more like one of the most impressive hoaxes ever made. Of course it's still possible it's real, but I'm leaning more towards fake at this moment.
Except things like that happen for a lot of other promotional material.

If you want proof, go to Gamestop and look at their advertisements. Compare them to the official art online that the advertisements in the store use. I guarantee many of them are pretty different.

Thats exactly what I think is happening here. But thats my opinion I guess.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I want to see Nintendo's playbook for how they reveal each of these characters anyway.

"Guess what? New trailers every week!"

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
There's ****posting, and then there's "HAHA, YOU'RE ALL ****ING ******** FOR BELIEVING IN X" which is exactly what's going to happen if this turns out to be real.

I can already name a handful of users who are going to take this and rub it in to the point that they look even more autistic than me, and I'm already highly autistic.

Legit, I think I need to just, leave for a bit. The amount of ***-holery is going to be mind numbing.

Humble in defeat, graceful in victory, yet online, it's never like that. It's always "LOOK HOW SMART I AM AND HOW STUPID YOU ALL WERE."
Mate you're the only one making a big deal about this, the rest of us are chill.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Probably just Glee Club like the mini-game.

But that is interesting to think about, given I’ve never actually considered the conductor beyond a Red/Green position or just showing up in victory screens like Doc Louis.
If he ends up factoring in, I’m extremely curious in the moveset then.
Five bucks says he's like Pikmin and Olimar. You play as the conductor but spawn Chorus Kids as part of his moveset.

I also thought of something that could be neat for his trailer: It starts with Clappy Trio gameplay, when suddenly one of the members catches a Smash invite while clapping.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
All cards on the table, if this leak is true, then Christmas came early for me this year (especially since A. it's the midway point of my final exams on launch day, and B. I have to go to work that weekend anyway).

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
If this is the real final base roster, I'm fine with it for the most part. Just two things that come to mind. First, broken new Pokemon rep streak. Second, would Chorus Kids be like Ice Climbers but with three or would it be something where only one is on screen and the others appear for certain attacks? Would they be flat like Mr. G&W?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Five bucks says he's like Pikmin and Olimar. You play as the conductor but spawn Chorus Kids as part of his moveset.

I also thought of something that could be neat for his trailer: It starts with Clappy Trio gameplay, when suddenly one of the members catches a Smash invite while clapping.
I pictured the conductor in the background like Pokémon Trainer.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
How long ago did this guy leave the firm that would have worked for Nintendo?

Wait, sorry, Bandai Namco?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The reason why he felt a bit how the rest of the newcomers could be a "wishlist" is due to the timing and aftermath of the posting of the images, which I think anyone has the right with good reason to feel. You'd get taken a back a bit.

But what do you find more appealing?

Going on Source Gaming's stream and them saying it's fake because "Sakurai said there won't be too many characters" or Spawn Wave saying that there's another character on the way, with implications of that "other character" might possibly being someone like Sora for a Game Awards reveal and Incineroar is still there?

Like I said before the Rumor Wave video, he gave us two roads that could happen. One, it's fake, or two, it's real, but it's "timed for a certain release with certain reveals." Those rumors about The Game Awards might just be seeming more and more likely by the day, and possibly even Sora, too.
I think any speculation video would be better than Source Gaming's :rotfl: I really tried to give them a shot, despite how much I felt they were biased and un-critical. And after the 15th time of saying "But Sakurai said..." and turning subjective interpretations of his words as an objective statement--I felt my brain turning to pudding.

So I agree, Spawn Wave's video was more informative and engaging (unfair comparison, as I only watched 10 mins of SG's), but I also very much disagree with his assessment as it's not--an argument. It's a reflection, and an important one (which is why I hope for the best and prepare for the worst), but to me that's not an argument and he didn't convince me that the leak was any more fake than I had already believed (likely to be true, not definitive).

I hope Sora's in, it's nice Blind Wave's possibly hinting in that direction. I just feel like this is gonna be a quick 2 weeks or a rather long one. :chuckle:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Y'all realize that even with these insane characters getting in and how some people have reacted to this whole debacle, DLC at this point is gonna be much more of a bloodbath.

View attachment 171788
I already got my weaponry ready. This is gonna be the DLC war to end all DLC wars.

Which will Daddy Sakurai deliver to us first:

The Full Tekken 7 roster in the game or the Full Street Fighter V DLC roster? :chuckle:

In addition to that, I will spill digital blood if Crono has any real shot LMAOOOOOOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom