• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
All I'll say is this: temper expectations. I don't trust anything on the internet these days without official confirmation and I think more people should do the same to avoid being hurt. Because there are two outcomes here.

The leak is real. If you denied it you were wrong.

The leak is fake. If you believed in it your hopes are crushed.

One of these is significantly worse than the other. Hype responsibly.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Boi if you don’t straighten out and stop taking these knuckleheads seriously I’m gonna revoke another one of your birthdays
I suppose you're right. I really try to be a friend to everyone, but I should realize not everyone shares that mindset. I should really just ignore them.

please I need that Birthday

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I have checked the clouds behind Bowser Jr and they're fine. There's a lighter part of that cloud but it's covered by DK's arm, so the cloud appears to be all dark grey even if it's not, but it's ok, nothing has been moved.
Though, the prespective can be confusing, I had some problems at figuring that one out too.
On the right of Bowser Jr, near Dark Samus, there are some red lightnings that seem to be missing from some of the E3 pictures, though it can just be the lighting, because if you observe all the surrounding details, it matches perfectly.
I dunno, there's a small part next to DK's hand on the left that's also dark instead of light (and might be shaped differently? I dunno), and the part I was talking about before should be where the right side of the cloud by Bowser Jr. ends (the bottom of the cloud), and it looks long in the E3 background so I assumed it should be visibly going past his head.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If its real I'm somewhat satisfied. I get K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo but at the same time bummed out no Black Shadow, Elma, Leon Powalski (He was unlikely anyways), Medusa and Nightmare but wouldn't lose hope at some chance they make DLC.

Even then this is Sakurai's game so he can do whatever he wants and we should be grateful he went out of his way to give us fan favorites that we had been requested for years. Couldn't ask for anything else.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Five bucks says he's like Pikmin and Olimar. You play as the conductor but spawn Chorus Kids as part of his moveset.
I mean it’s interesting, I’m down to see that.
But I could really see them as like for specials and smash attacks, they’re not exactly dispensable.
I just always assumed you’d be playing a Chorus Kid, given that’s who you use in the mini game itself.
Either way, I’m extremely interested in how they would play.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
All I'll say is this: temper expectations. I don't trust anything on the internet these days without official confirmation and I think more people should do the same to avoid being hurt. Because there are two outcomes here.

"Sakurai's Wager"

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Hell nah not only is this leak real each of them is unique and comes with 14 echo fighters

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Oh man this has the potential to crash and burn worse than any Smash leak up to this day.

If people get disappointed, or outright angry with Sakurai or the game because the leak is fake and we're indeed only getting 2 more characters, i'm going to be so pissed. Remember that anything that happens is your own damn fault.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
There's ****posting, and then there's "HAHA, YOU'RE ALL ****ING ******** FOR BELIEVING IN X" which is exactly what's going to happen if this turns out to be real.

I can already name a handful of users who are going to take this and rub it in to the point that they look even more autistic than me, and I'm already highly autistic.

Legit, I think I need to just, leave for a bit. The amount of ***-holery is going to be mind numbing.

Humble in defeat, graceful in victory, yet online, it's never like that. It's always "LOOK HOW SMART I AM AND HOW STUPID YOU ALL WERE."
It's a shame there's so many people who choose to rub that kind of stuff in people's faces.
Can't we just get a "Yes! Hah! He's in, see?!" and a happy to be wrong reaction, or a "Damn! I hated on this guy so much... Well, whatever. He looks cool. I'll give him a shot."

On an unrelated note,

I got a bingo on my expectations! . . . It's a shame the same didn't happen for my most wanted/hoped for, but I'd still be pretty amazed and excited if this is the final roster. Still hopes for DLC though.

gloop898

Smash Cadet
Except things like that happen for a lot of other promotional material.

If you want proof, go to Gamestop and look at their advertisements. Compare them to the official art online that the advertisements in the store use. I guarantee many of them are pretty different.

Thats exactly what I think is happening here. But thats my opinion I guess.
I will admit that some of the differences might be too minor to really point to anything. But the islands and waterfall around part C is really what kills it for me. The leak seems to be missing an entire chunk of land with castles or ruins on it. It's too big of a change for me to be nothing.
https://twitter.com/vaanrose/status/1055285233946255360

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
As with every other “leak”, I’m taking it with a hefty grain of salt. It could be real, but there’s some good evidence that goes against it. It could be fake, but there are some signs that say it could very well be real. Rather than believing that this will hands down be the final roster, or just pointing at it and yelling FAKE AF, I’m just gonna do what I’ve always been doing: just waiting for further developments. If it ends up being fake, OH WELL, at least we still have some surprises in store. If it’s real, I’m satisfied with it, and I’m sure most people will be happy.

Either way, the fact that we’re even getting a brand new Smash Bros. game after only 4 years is enough to make me happy (along with K. Rool getting in, thank you based Sakurai), and I’m taking the day off from work on December 7th just to spend the whole day playing it. And remember kids, just because your favorite character didn’t make the cut, it’s not the end of the world; there’s always DLC.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
i'm sorry but what in the actual **** did i just see
Scene from the weird-ass psychological horror flick "Anti-Christ"
William Dafoe walks around and randomly walks into a talking Fox.

This scene is never referenced again.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I might have to ditch this place and other gaming sites for a while. We could possibly get a roster that pleases just about everybody and instead of being happy about it people have to crap on those who didn't get their characters.

Why? You got what you wanted after years and years of begging and this is how you spend your victory?

I'm sorry for liking a character you don't, i'll get out of your way...
The characters are unfortunate scapegoats for Vergeben. Everyone just hates Vergeben and the Box and what they did to Smash speculation/the attitude Vergeben has had towards skeptics. At this point they don't want them to be wrong because they hate Incin or Steve so much as they just want stupid crap like the Box Theory and the Vergeben worship to die off so we can go back to being excited instead of arguing all the time.

If Incin gets in too, everyone will be happy with it. But him not getting in means we get to shame Vergeben off the web for being an asshat about everything, calling people autistic, and rudely shutting down everyone who questioned him in ruthless ways. The dude is an abrasive prick and deserves to be wrong. Poor Incineroar just gets stuck in the middle because at this point, a lack of Incineroar means we can ignore Verge entirely, as we should be doing already.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hype irresponsibly and don’t be boring

Live your best life

And most importantly, Being wrong isn’t scary or bad so don’t be afraid to speculate... in a speculation thread

Thanks

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I have returned from my sabbatical in the womb to join in the festivities.

Chaste kisses to all the old homies, and the new.

Finally caught up to this whole affair. Seems promising.

My hopefuls going into Ultimate consisted of Ridley, K Rool, Skull Kid, and Banjo. Getting 2/4 was already a trip; 3/4, especially with BK, and my body might leave my soul.

Plausible leaks water my pores, so here's to more cracks in the pipeline.
More like Sehnsucks

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Don't normally post about myself like this, but anyone posting comment recently on videos on my old videos I made for Brawl speculation 11+ years ago when I was on hella meds after my partial liver failure in a time I couldn't remember and honestly doing all that and posting here kept me kinda sane and is how I remember much of that time (and I wouldn't want to because much of it was physically hell for me; no worries now, my health is amazing ATM, all is well that ends well!) of when I was 16... hi! :)

Really Love reading those comments and all the crazy thoughts haha. It gives off some weird nostalgia for those times even if they weren't exactly... ideal times in my life (kinda made me more nostalgic for my progress as a person TBH).

Might do another for DLC just to satisfy you wild folks commenting on all I got right (and none of you for flaming me for forgetting Olimar, which still upsets me I forgot all these years later lol). Got a lot of thoughts on characters and the likes and picks that a lot of people seem to overlook I think that people would like to hear.
Hah is strange I got back too because of this leak too.

.n_n.
Hey, we can be "re-entering speculation hell together" buddies! x d

D

Deleted member

Scene from the weird-*** psychological horror flick "Anti-Christ"
William Dafoe walks around and randomly walks into a talking Fox.

This scene is never referenced again.
HOLD UP. Didn't William DaFoe work on Beyond: Two Souls, too? I SWEAR IF THIS IS A DAMN DAVID CAGE MOVIE, IDON.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I shouldn’t trust the leaked pic...but Shadow is there so I kinda wanna

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I will admit that some of the differences might be too minor to really point to anything. But the islands and waterfall around part C is really what kills it for me. The leak seems to be missing an entire chunk of land with castles or ruins on it. It's too big of a change for me to be nothing.
https://twitter.com/vaanrose/status/1055285233946255360
Yeah, like... these things change to be MORE polished, not less. Every change from the E3 screen to the leak has been objectively worse.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Just compared E3's bg to the official mural again; yup, for that cloud behind Bowser Jr. to be the same one, they definitely changed its proportions, and may have changed its left side from light to dark based on the little I can see next to the left of DK's hand.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Live your best life

And most importantly, Being wrong isn’t scary or bad so don’t be afraid to speculate... in a speculation thread

Thanks
Is it possible to like a comment twice? Because it needs to be a thing now.

If you want something to be true and it has reasonable cause, believe in it. If it ends up being false, it's fine, what's the big deal?

Last edited:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Legit was on both sides of these fences.

Was super into a Brawl fake leak of a 45 character roster for optimism, didn't get dashed because I jumped ship just in time to the real 39 character roster.

The inverse happened for Smash 3DS. I thought the leak was too optimistic via the ESRB leak and then I jumped ship right when videos dropped.

Crap happens. Just enjoy the ride more than anything.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
So we know people will twist Sakurai's statements to crazy lengths to convince themselves there is more stages/characters/ ect than have been promised, but can you imagine if they did the opposite?

"I see no evidence that Diddy Kong is playable. Sakurai just said he is "here", not playable. He was shown on the Smashdown grid, but that grid is NOT the CSS. We don't know what capacity he's "here" in--he could very well just be a CPU character in the single player mode for all we know."

"When Sakurai said there are more items, Pokemon, and Assist trophies, he simply meant there were some new ones, not necessarily more total."

"Sakurai carefully said there are 29 hours of music if you play each track once, but tracks may contain internal loops, as is common in video game BGM. The actual amount of music is much lower."

"'Everyone Is Here' is Sakurai's way of warning us there is no DLC."

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Every time I try to catch up there's ten new pages. Not that I can blame anyone. This is so exciting. This is officially better than Brawl for me.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
What does that have to do with me missing you :(
I am Sehnsucht, TB. It's in my very nature to elicit a deep, pre-conscious yearning in all who look inward.

But yours was always the purest, which is why I hold you as a dear. :)

Eyyyy the man, the myth, the nightmare Sehnsucht Sehnsucht is here.

All the old faces are coming out of the woodwork.
What do you mean.

This is the woodwork.

The woodwork is all there is.

Welcome to the woodwork.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I shouldn’t trust the leaked pic...but Shadow is there so I kinda wanna
I don't trust anything :awesome:

But I have felt like as much as I considered it fake at first, though I wanted it to be true, everything seems to be falling in place for it, and the arguments against--are lacking, to say the least. We'll know for sure (hopefully) in a couple weeks, so I'm just gonna grab my popcorn and watch the **** show (and participate from time to time).

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
This is perhaps the only Smash Ultimate "leak" that I've felt holds water, so I don't feel bad by saying I'm willing to believe it
I'm also impartial since none of these characters have any significance to me

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I feel like I hyped myself too much. Despite how much it's shaping up to be real, I'm scared of the possibility of it being wrong and me being really disappointed as a result.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Live your best life

Thanks
P much being wrong in Smash speculation is normal.

I was 1 off the Brawl roster size and right on the Smash 4 roster size. You know what I was wrong on? A lot of characters... like 25-ish percent of the Smash 4 launch roster.

That's a lot.

Doesn't really matter though. There's no such thing as "speculation points." And if there are, it's the friends, good memories, and positive vibes you make along the way! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom