• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
And this right here is what I mean when I say we can't have nice things.

Yes, let's belittle two fanbases on a power trip to feel superior on the internet. I'm sure you feel good about yourself.
its just ****posting my guy, chill out lmao.
literally, none of these images or the words exchanged for the past 500 pages will matter in a few months once the game releases. no point in getting angry over superficial memes :4pacman:

Rayleigh

Smash Journeyman
I hope. But custom Robo is no longer copyrighted by Nintendo, so he's much less likely now.
We went over this in the Custom Robo Thread, and I went a little insane and confirmed the trademark talk came to the conclusion that, like with the expired copyright concerning Donkey Kong Country 3, that the copyright is about disc technology and not the series itself. Its Eleven Years dormant...but not dead. You can find that information Here, Here, and my summary write-up Here.

There's more little bits of information scattered in the support thread, but that's the big stuff.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I never even said it was proven fake, lol. The discrepancies exist, how people respond to them is up to the individual.
That was I was trying to say. I was not saying you were the “duh” guy. It came off wrong so I apologize for that. I was saying you left it open ended but everyone else took it as “real” or “fake”.

Sorry about that

Noipoi

Howdy!
I might have to ditch this place and other gaming sites for a while. We could possibly get a roster that pleases just about everybody and instead of being happy about it people have to crap on those who didn't get their characters.

Why? You got what you wanted after years and years of begging and this is how you spend your victory?

I'm sorry for liking a character you don't, i'll get out of your way...

D

Deleted member

I'm going to sleep so I expect to wake up to 100 pages, din't dksappoint me, guys.

TheMilkmann

Smash Apprentice
Alright, whats the current status of Grinch, I'm seeing plenty of evidence for and against it, and can hardly keep up rn.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh hey, I just noticed Richter finally passed Simon in the thread poll.

Heck ye.

D

Deleted member

But--he already said that before. I think people are complaining that there was nothing new in the video. It was mostly speculation, and I would argue bad speculation at that (as Noipoi Noipoi mentioned, guess that means Ridley and K Rool aren't in because they're wishlist characters). I'm not saying he's not credible, I'm not saying he doesn't have sources--but he also doesn't have new information he's willing to share. :upsidedown:
The reason why he felt a bit how the rest of the newcomers could be a "wishlist" is due to the timing and aftermath of the posting of the images, which I think anyone has the right with good reason to feel. You'd get taken a back a bit.

But what do you find more appealing?

Going on Source Gaming's stream and them saying it's fake because "Sakurai said there won't be too many characters" or Spawn Wave saying that there's another character on the way, with implications of that "other character" might possibly being someone like Sora for a Game Awards reveal and Incineroar is still there?

Like I said before the Rumor Wave video, he gave us two roads that could happen. One, it's fake, or two, it's real, but it's "timed for a certain release with certain reveals." Those rumors about The Game Awards might just be seeming more and more likely by the day, and possibly even Sora, too.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I have to do work and I'm getting way too distracted for now. I'll be back in a few hours.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To all the guests reading the thread, I ask you to remember me as the shadows guy.
No, not Shadow, Snake's shadow. I'm back on my game after speculating over Ridley's shadow 4 years ago.
You heard it here first, folks. He’s definitely talking about Shadow the Hedgehog, who is currently dating Snake and used to date Ridley.

Shroob

Sup?
literally, none of these images or the words exchanged for the past 500 pages will matter in a few months once the game releases. no point in getting angry over superficial memes :4pacman:
There's ****posting, and then there's "HAHA, YOU'RE ALL ****ING ******** FOR BELIEVING IN X" which is exactly what's going to happen if this turns out to be real.

I can already name a handful of users who are going to take this and rub it in to the point that they look even more autistic than me, and I'm already highly autistic.

Legit, I think I need to just, leave for a bit. The amount of ass-holery is going to be mind numbing.

Humble in defeat, graceful in victory, yet online, it's never like that. It's always "LOOK HOW SMART I AM AND HOW STUPID YOU ALL WERE."

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Just realized something. The background may actually be different on purpose from E3 or the official banner used on the website. Remember the original leak?

Look at the top right image with the circular prop. You can see the background here is repeated twice to accommodate the title and logo's, then all of the characters.

Not sure if this was readily obvious, but I just wanted to make note that we have no idea how these things are overlayed and repeated.

The background stock image on the top left may not be used for the same background for the characters. It may be for, lets say, the back of the advertisement, just a blank poster with the background as such, and could have been made differently from the official and E3 backgrounds we have.
Wow, this is actually a very valid point.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah I saw your like. Lol thought I'd never see you again.
Yeah see when things drop I show up. Also helps I'm in between amateur Heroes of the Storm teams so I got actual time to do stuff other than scrim that game nonstop in hopes of getting good. x d

Been following along the best I could on Twitter, but information on Smash Boards always has and always will find a way to move along much faster it seems.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I still don't understand why the Pokemon developers thought Incineroar was a better design then the saber-toothed cat design. I don't know Incineroar just feels so out of place as the final evolution forms from the previous two whereas the latter would had fitted more, not to mention cooler as saber-toothed cats are my favorite Ice age animals and among my favorite prehistoric animals.

But hey if people thinks otherwise to each their own I guess. Can't change an opinion.
My guess is that they wanted to tie Incineroar with the Masked Royal to keep the wrestling theme.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I might have to ditch this place and other gaming sites for a while. We could possibly get a roster that pleases just about everybody and instead of being happy about it people have to crap on those who didn't get their characters.

Why? You got what you wanted after years and years of begging and this is how you spend your victory?

Oh please, don't let it get to you too much. You're a cool person around these parts :yoshi:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

That's certainly not how I would want to spend my victory. I would say don't listen to them, especially if it's causing that much disconnect. I still think Incineroar's likely in some form, and I'd even say more likely than my character even when including the Grinch Leak. :upsidedown:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So, I'm not entirely sure about that space behind Bowser Jr., but I will say the cloud in the E3 banner has a part that looks like it should go past Bowser Jr.'s face, but it doesn't, and the lighting seems different but idk. A few little clouds may be missing or different from the E3 banner overall.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I have returned from my sabbatical in the womb to join in the festivities.

Chaste kisses to all the old homies, and the new.

Finally caught up to this whole affair. Seems promising.

My hopefuls going into Ultimate consisted of Ridley, K Rool, Skull Kid, and Banjo. Getting 2/4 was already a trip; 3/4, especially with BK, and my body might leave my soul.

Plausible leaks water my pores, so here's to more cracks in the pipeline.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Hmm.

If Incineroar was a fake leak they sent out, I wonder if Skull Kid was too. And I further wonder if they do have plans for either later down the line. I would hope they wouldn't toy with people's emotions like that...
Skull Kid was only said to be in by Loz, who admitted on Discord that he didn’t have an actual source for it and assumed he’d be in based on evidence. Unless those screenshots was fake/it wasn’t him in them and I don’t know about it.

However, I do think Loz was one of those who got duped by deliberate fake leaks from Nintendo. His E3 info was way too specific to be guesses, but Nintendo caught on quickly and sent out fake info about the August direct. I mean, he was wrong about what he said about the August direct but they were sort of half truths. The direct was in August but he got the date wrong. They did show off the new game mode but it wasn’t in depth like Loz claimed, it was just a tease. I feel like Nintendo sent out a bunch of half truths to weed out whoever gave him the E3 info.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I tell ya playing as a saber-toothed cat pokemon would had been pretty wicked and definitely had been one of my mains if it was in this game.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
The ONLY thing I'd like to note about this leak is to the people claiming it's too elaborate to be fake. It's really not; the dude works at a place that makes stuff like this for a living. There are constantly things with people working in the industry that make their own stuff using work computers or 3D printers or whatever they work with on their own time. It's really not out of the realm of possibility that the dude decided to make all this literally just because he could. Reminder it's not the most elaborate leak out there, plenty of people have made their own 3D models and stages and whatnot for the "fun" of making a fake leak. I'm team neutral because honestly I like the roster already and don't care who else we get, I'm sure everyone else will be fun. I just want to make a point that a dude working at a promotional company that does design work would absolutely have the ability to make something like this if he really wanted to. Not saying it's real, not saying it's fake, just that it's not "too elaborate to be fake" because as someone who designs stuff for a living and does stuff for companies for print and whatnot, sometimes we mess around with stuff for funsies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Oh hey, I just noticed Richter finally passed Simon in the thread poll.

Heck ye.

I'm considering the leak likely real, but also not guarenteed, I tend to take leaks with a grain of salt though, so whatever happens I'll still be hyped for Smash.

Untouch

Smash Master
Alright, whats the current status of Grinch, I'm seeing plenty of evidence for and against it, and can hardly keep up rn.
There's some very solid points suggesting that the background image is fabricated, whether or not that debunks the leak or if they made a new background is up to whether you believe the leak or not.
Like always, we won't be able to tell until the direct!

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
And this right here is what I mean when I say we can't have nice things.

Yes, let's belittle two fanbases on a power trip to feel superior on the internet. I'm sure you feel good about yourself.
The same thing happened when K Rool was shown and Ashley was deconfirmed. People kept posting dead Ashley memes and K Rool dabbing memes

So true, some people need to get off their high horses and stop with the holier than thou attitude.

Nothing more than a throw away comment with no malice intended.

A bit curious with the backgrounds which fills me with some doubt but gee things look to to be aligning a bit, don't they?

Just strap yourself in and enjoy whatever may come.

"Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 336, Guests: 1029)"

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I myself am questioning why there are so many edits, but then it also occurs to me that these leaks came from a video, no? Not to mention it’s rather blurry.

Either way, I get this creeping feeling that something is going to happen overnight. Regardless, we’re going to get to the bottom of all of this.

It’s only a matter of time!
We're in for a crazy ride.

The ride doesn't end at launch btw.

I hope y'all don't have your mean faces or reactions ready but instead just take everything with stride or smiles, because DLC for this game is going to last at least a year or 2. I recommend to all the high volume posters here to take a break in the meantime every once in a while. I've posted 1,000 posts in a month, it can get tiring.

It's best that you take care of yourself and make sure doing this is "fun" rather than "addictive," otherwise it will start to negatively effect your health. After all, it is only a game.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
User was warned for this post
oh and the ashley fanbase deserved it because loli fanbases are always really weird

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The weirdest thing about this leak is Chorus Kids having the Conductor as likely the main controllable character. I've been on Smashboards awhile and I don't think the Conductor was never brought up in regards to the Chorus Kids as the centerpiece of the moveset. It reminds me of the Bowser Jr. Clown Car moveset that people thought was too ludicrous to be true, but Sakurai likes to think outside the box.

gloop898

Smash Cadet
The inconsistencies in the background really fill me with a lot of doubt about the whole thing. The differences seem way to minor for something Nintendo would bother to change. Although some of them do seem like the photo quality / lighting / printing may be responsible for some of the differences.

But even if there were no differences, it would still shed doubt on the whole thing, because a characterless background already existed. To me it's looking less and less likely and more like one of the most impressive hoaxes ever made. Of course it's still possible it's real, but I'm leaning more towards fake at this moment.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Cuz obviously Incineroar and Steve not getting in means that Isaac and Banjo-Kazooie automatically get in :upsidedown:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
There's some very solid points suggesting that the background image is fabricated, whether or not that debunks the leak or if they made a new background is up to whether you believe the leak or not.
Like always, we won't be able to tell until the direct!
We don't know if its fabricated. We only know its different. Sometimes backgrounds are entirely different for Logo's and such. If you are curious look at the last post I made.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The weirdest thing about this leak is Chorus Kids having the Conductor as likely the main controllable character. I've been on Smashboards awhile and I don't think the Conductor was never brought up in regards to the Chorus Kids as the centerpiece of the moveset. It reminds me of the Bowser Jr. Clown Car moveset that people thought was too ludicrous to be true, but Sakurai likes to think outside the box.
I wonder what the character might be called if that's the case? Chorus Gang?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom