• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, wait, does Spawn Wave have inside information when he says he expects Incineroar is in and he doubts Geno and Banjo? Or is that just his gut feeling/opinion?
He did mention before publishing the video that he wanted to mainly get his opinion out. You can give your opinion out, and also have insider knowledge.
All we can do is wait for December 6th.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I could see the next direct opening with Banjo-Kazooie, similar to Simon.

Then show the last 2 echoes - Shadow and Ken.

And end with a “gone but not forgotten” trailer (as some have suggested) of Geno, Isaac, Mach Rider, and Chorus Kids (the last one night not completely fit but ah well)

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Now that I have the attention of 1300 people...
Let's talk about Shrek and why he's the best choice for Smash.

Have we already ruled out the clouds moving between character additions?

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
I feel people are missing the point. The image is too blurred to even compare anything. And even if we could see it clearly it doesn't matter because as we've seen it can all be faked. The circumstances surrounding the leak are what should be scrutinized, not the banner.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
>tfw you never had that much stock in the speculated newcomers for this game and you're just in it for the ride.

The madness, the chaos, keep it up, guys! Definitely the most entertaining non-Direct day so far in this cycle.
>tfw your most wanted and one nice surprise is already in

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Are we actually arguing over an image where 96% of it matches, and only 4% is slightly off? Wat? I must be missing a real argument somewhere.

Okay, so since people clearly misunderstood his stance on this leak because "oh, he still thinks Incineroar is in, no new information dumb insider", let me clarify this.

Spawn Wave is 50-50. He mainly mentioned Incineroar as an example with all the rumours and leaks mentioning him, but that wasn't where his qualms where at. It was more so about characters like Geno and Banjo-Kazooie, and with the legitimacy of the pictures. And if he straight up is firm about Incineroar in the game, we already have confirmation of another character we don't know. I don't get why people think he brought no new information when he was the ONLY insider who actually did that provided more hype with possible DLC confirmation.

https://twitter.com/SpawnWaveMedia/status/1055135917114118144

He has his sources claiming there'll be a reveal at The Game Awards, most likely for DLC. He's been "guessing" Sora quite a bit in recent memory. With the streak of stuff he's been getting right, and now with Trine 4 announced, can you really say these things about Artsy Omni or Source Gaming? Or ANY insider?
So please, guys, can we not jump the gun?
But--he already said that before. I think people are complaining that there was nothing new in the video. It was mostly speculation, and I would argue bad speculation at that (as Noipoi Noipoi mentioned, guess that means Ridley and K Rool aren't in because they're wishlist characters). I'm not saying he's not credible, I'm not saying he doesn't have sources--but he also doesn't have new information he's willing to share. :upsidedown:

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Hmm.

If Incineroar was a fake leak they sent out, I wonder if Skull Kid was too. And I further wonder if they do have plans for either later down the line. I would hope they wouldn't toy with people's emotions like that...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sorry I'm just salty that the Pokemon developers thought Incineroar's design was better then the saber-toothed cat design...Also Steve? just looks so generic.
Yeah, but if K Rool was deconfirmed (even though Incineroar isn't deconfirmed) I wouldn't say "yay no fat crocodile" because that's not cool.
Stop being not cool. It's fine to have opinions, but think about how others feel.

D

Deleted member

Interesting how his opinion has changed in the past few hours. Earlier today he sounded totally convinced this was fake.
When I was watching the video, it seemed very apparent he wanted to look at everyone's thoughts and reactions before posting his own to not be a bore and still provide some new information after that tweet.

If you ask me, his stance on Incineroar and the supposed character we don't know is more of a definitive response than Source Gaming and Artsy Omni's by a long ****ing mile.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

For the sake of comparison here's a version of the banner with all the characters on it as of E3 i think. Even though it should be the same background, the castle is farther towards the center of the stage than In Vaan's by the look of it. You can see pillars under Zelda's hand and the castle looks like it continues past the centerpoint

On here the castle seems to stop completely around where zelda's hand is on the other one. So these backgrounds are changing even between the E3 animation and the still vewrsion released to match it. Differences between the leak and the E3 animation would be expected in that case.
The background has not changed, the one under Zelda's hand is a different castle, look at this post:
https://smashboards.com/threads/sma...-possible-spoilers-leaks.434391/post-22588860

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>tfw you never had that much stock in the speculated newcomers for this game and you're just in it for the ride.

The madness, the chaos, keep it up, guys! Definitely the most entertaining non-Direct day so far in this cycle.
I've already accepted that none of my most wanteds are coming in until we reach through the absolute bottom of the bottom of the bottom of the barrel.
wood fiend.jpg

So now I'm just bored and aimlessly arguing for the sake of arguing.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just realized something. The background may actually be different on purpose from E3 or the official banner used on the website. Remember the original leak?

Look at the top right image with the circular prop. You can see the background here is repeated twice to accommodate the title and logo's, then all of the characters.

Not sure if this was readily obvious, but I just wanted to make note that we have no idea how these things are overlayed and repeated.

The background stock image on the top left may not be used for the same background for the characters. It may be for, lets say, the back of the advertisement or just the logos, just a blank poster with the background as such, and could have been made differently from the official and E3 backgrounds we have.

Last edited:

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Lol, I just tried to type a reply and the site crashed for me. There's certainly a lot of strain going on.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah, but if K Rool was deconfirmed (even though Incineroar isn't deconfirmed) I wouldn't say "yay no fat crocodile" because that's not cool.
Stop being not cool. It's fine to have opinions, but think about how others feel.
Fair enough. It was pretty childish of me.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
No, he just gave his own inputs on things but everyone jumps to conclusions on this website so they can be the first to say “DUH I’m right!!”
I never even said it was proven fake, lol. The discrepancies exist, how people respond to them is up to the individual.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Hmm.

If Incineroar was a fake leak they sent out, I wonder if Skull Kid was too. And I further wonder if they do have plans for either later down the line. I would hope they wouldn't toy with people's emotions like that...
I mean the leakers did not Nintendo. Nintendo didn’t want them to leak :p

D

Deleted member

To all the guests reading the thread, I ask you to remember me as the shadows guy.
No, not Shadow, Snake's shadow. I'm back on my game after speculating over Ridley's shadow 4 years ago.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The cloud in the E3 banner should be behind Bowser Jr. in the current banner, but it's not.

However, another cloud next to it, is next to Bowser Jr. There are other clouds behind him, but not where they should be to match up, and we can't tell if they're the same shape as the one in the E3 banner anyway.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Still hoping for Inciniroar and Steve. I thought they were good choices. Anyone else thinking otherwise is being childish.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Welcome, ex-guest.
Opossum, stop.

You're gonna make me make a post a song from my favorite Disney movie ("Be Our Guest" from Beauty and The Beast).

And someone is gonna misread it as "OMG! SORA CUNF1RMED!!!"

(which btw, if this leak is real, Banjo was the original "White Whale" that couldn't happen after the Rare situation. Now he's off the table. Now the closest thing to that "White Whale" is Sora)

Confirmation

Smash Ace
It's crazy that we've pretty much hit a deadlock on this. I don't think that's really happened since the Ken leak.

I love the enthusiasm for it, though. After weeks and weeks of Box Theory, this is definitely the best-case roster in my eyes.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Magnificent!

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Just realized something. The background may actually be different on purpose from E3 or the official banner used on the website. Remember the original leak?

Look at the top right image with the circular prop. You can see the background here is repeated twice to accommodate the title and logo's, then all of the characters.

Not sure if this was readily obvious, but I just wanted to make note that we have no idea how these things are overlayed and repeated.

The background stock image on the top left may not be used for the same background for the characters. It may be for, lets say, the back of the advertisement, just a blank poster with the background as such, and could have been made differently from the official and E3 backgrounds we have.
This is something we should pay attention to. The leak is intended to be wrapped around, which could cause some stretching. Also it's supposed to be printed, and anyone who's worked professionally with high-detail industrial-grade material printers knows that even the best ones have blips occasionally.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still hoping for Inciniroar and Steve. I thought they were good choices. Anyone else thinking otherwise is being childish.
I still don't understand why the Pokemon developers thought Incineroar was a better design then the saber-toothed cat design. I don't know Incineroar just feels so out of place as the final evolution forms from the previous two whereas the latter would had fitted more, not to mention cooler as saber-toothed cats are my favorite Ice age animals and among my favorite prehistoric animals.

But hey if people thinks otherwise to each their own I guess. Can't change an opinion.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Yeah the castle under Zelda's hand is covered up by the monitor, you can see it in the youtube video.

BQziy[1].jpg

It APPEARS to be missing from the "leak", but its fairly blurry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom