• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
You guys seen that the “early smash Nintendo switch” on eBay is down, but they uploaded some more pics of it and it has a Manuel with it! So if somebody buys it, we could actually see if all of this is real! That is, assuming the Manuel shows all the characters...

Edit: the switch bundle is what I mean

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
>implying the background can't and shouldn't be edited in anyway for the final product, and if there is a slight difference, it HAS to be fake…

lol what? seriously? geez guys… lmao

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I think it's interesting that its Incineroar that makes him think its fake instead of Sora, whom he has brought up a lot.
Well, Sora might be First DLC at VGA, so maybe he won't be in the "launch" mural and will only be added later on the website

Yatagarasu4

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1048-9705-8601
Switch FC
SW-1119-7285-9411
Welp, It's been a great day for Smash Ultimate and I'm ded. Good night everyone!

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
You guys seen that the “early smash Nintendo switch” on eBay is down, but they uploaded some more pics of it and it has a Manuel with it! So if somebody buys it, we could actually see if all of this is real! That is, assuming the Manuel shows all the characters...
So who wants to volunteer?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Sooooo, I don't think everyone is returning to Smash Bros 5--it seems too much like a wishlist.

Sorry, y'all. :(

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
It's not your job to gate-keep what people can and can't believe, if they end up disappointed in the end, that's their problem, not yours.

Thank you, and have a nice day.
Youre right its not my job and thats not what I'm doing. Just because you see a post you don't like doesn't mean Im gate keeping. When I start monitoring what everyone is saying and responding to people individually then you can say I made it my job to gate keep.

I stated my opinion on the situation, It's okay if someone doesn't hop on your bandwagon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So Spawn Wave still thinks Incineroar's in, but they also think this leak could be real. Does he think Incineroar is just missing from this image?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
(Users: 328, Guests: 1059)

Everyone is here on smashfaqs. wow. is everyone really posting, or just lurking.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
If this leaked roster + Incineroar is what we're looking at...I should stay away from shelves...
I would love to see you pull an Etika, Noipoi.

Yeah, Spawn Wave seems to feel this leak isn't real due to Incineroar not being in it.

If Incineroar turns out to be a bait character that's the biggest bamboozle Nintendo has done in a very long time
That's pretty weak reason honestly. i wouldn't be surprised if Incineroar got in, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

The other character he's not mentioning is interesting though.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So Spawn Wave still thinks Incineroar's in, but they also think this leak could be real. Does he think Incineroar is just missing from this image?
Yup. Incineroar and the other Characters which is probably the VGA DLC are missing

Peptobislawl

Smash Rookie

For the sake of comparison here's a version of the banner with all the characters on it as of E3 i think. Even though it should be the same background, the castle is farther towards the center of the stage than In Vaan's by the look of it. You can see pillars under Zelda's hand and the castle looks like it continues past the centerpoint

On here the castle seems to stop completely around where zelda's hand is on the other one. So these backgrounds are changing even between the E3 animation and the still vewrsion released to match it. Differences between the leak and the E3 animation would be expected in that case.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think one of two things happened with Incineroar.

Bait character to cull out leakers.
He died because he was low priority and didn't get finished before game release.

That is this is all real that is.

Abha

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe Sakurai is adding each and every person browsing this thread to smash just as a love letter from Sakurai for the Ultimate Smash game

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I would love to see you pull an Etika, Noipoi.

That's pretty weak reason honestly. i wouldn't be surprised if Incineroar got in, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

The other character he's not mentioning is interesting though.
Speaking of Etika, I don't know if he does stuff on leaks, but I wonder how he would react to each of the characters in the leak if it were true, especially Banjo-Kazooie, Isaac, Geno and Mach Rider?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Same, just look at her design: Shredded abs, badass biker helmet, spiked shoulderplates, a futuristic bike, a machine gun...
I just need some of her moves to take advantage of her being able to reform after exploding. It's one of those really neat little things from the game that give it so much charm. Up special, smash attacks, even the dodge animation...it could be really neat.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
With the amount of guests viewing the thread rn you’d think that footage leaked

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
He thinks it could be real, could be fake--but Banjo and Geno are wishlist characters, so probably not happening.

(actual argument)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom