• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato_

Smash Lord
So if SpawnWave knows something, he isn't saying it or even implying it. He basically says he doesn't believe the leak due to the characters chosen.

Interesting though, when describing the Smash Direct he used the phrase "A couple of character reveals" and also said he thinks that some of these characters could be in such as Ken. Specifically though, he said he doubts Geno and Banjo.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Does the current mural share the same necessary similarities to the E3 image? That's a big differentiation if not. I know there's the general artwork for Battlefield, but that E3 image doesn't look like it fits with the current mural and that would seemingly defeat that situation. Again, I don't really believe Grinch leak, but if we're going to disprove it, we better do it right.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
Ok after seeing papagenos video.. or what little i saw before i chickened out from spoilers. This kinda feels familiar

D

Deleted member

Notes from the Recent Rumor Wave

• At least to give you all an outsider view from the general consensus of the internet and not just on one specific site, say like Smashboards for example, reactions have been pretty split.
  • The "armband" isn't an armband. It's a piece of promotional art that is used in circular marketing standees where you play the game, like a pillar.
  • Legit connections have been confirmed with Bandai. Didn't include it for safety and personal reasons, of course, unlike a lot of people have.
  • Went over stuff like how it came about, The Grinch stuff, etc.

• Spawn is on the stance that Incineroar is still in the game, confirming that the "other character" is someone we actually don't know.

• He's 50-50 on it, if it's fake, very elaborate, if it's real, great. He views the last newcomers as a "wishlist" if anything and does have some concerns about Banjo and Geno a bit. But, to be clear, he wants all of these characters in, of course.

That's about it. He was right about this being more of an informational video to get out to people, but what I feel is telling is that there was no mention of The Game Awards. We'll have to see. Verdict, streak is alright for now. December 6th will be Judgement Day.

Last edited by a moderator:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
why would nintendo make two completely different images for the mural
Why two different images you ask? I believe that it was likely Sakurai's decision to update the empty battlefield which explains why vaanrose vaanrose was able to spot few errors between that image from e3 to leaked empty battlefield.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Yeah, Spawn Wave seems to feel this leak isn't real due to Incineroar not being in it.

If Incineroar turns out to be a bait character that's the biggest bamboozle Nintendo has done in a very long time

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So Spawn Wave thinks it's fake, but with absolutely nothing new to bring to the conversation.

What a let down. Something interesting would have been nice.
He literally says that what Make him feels teams fake is the lack of Incineroar, which seems to be what every insiders and their grandparents feel is wrong here-

Untouch

Smash Master
So I dug back through the Treehouse Footage and found a better angle to see Battlefield at, as well as showing the character art popping in, if it helps at all.

View attachment 171767
This looks closer to the real picture we have, but it looks a BIT different, the ruins look like they're in a different spot though I don't know how much of that is attributed to the angle (probably all of it).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So no new information coming out of Rumor Wave. He spoiled it by saying it appears to be fake--but his reasoning is the same as everybody else's who doubts it (Incineroar's got to be in).

Okay.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I have one thing I want to say if this turns out to be fake.

I have a serious issue with the image creator faking an ID card to misrepresent someone and falsely indict them for breaking an NDA. That's literally fraud (like those "Nigerian prince emails", only worse because the French guy didn't even have a role in this), and it's illegal.

As part of the Smash Bros community, we need to realize that there has to be a limit for fake leaks because if this one is fake, this has definitely gone too far.

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
guys I found a legit leak for smash brothers you can tell its real because a lot of effort was put into it

shrek.png

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mach Rider is probably the character of this bunch I'm most excited for. Hoping for another remix of the game's theme. Harmony of Heroes' version of the Mach Rider theme, Bach Rider, is wonderful.

D

Deleted member

I don't think Papagenos has any reason to lie but I have as much reason to trust his source as I have from anyone else with a reputation to lose.
still not a fan of his videos tho

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

I have a serious issue with the image creator faking an ID card to misrepresent someone and falsely indict them for breaking an NDA. That's literally fraud (like those "Nigerian prince emails", only worse because the French guy didn't even have a role in this), and it's illegal.

As part of the Smash Bros community, we need to realize that there has to be a limit for fake leaks because if this one is fake, this has definitely gone too far.
I don't think we need to worry about that as much. Even Omni went and confirmed the location the video was taken in was absolutely a photo studio based on his experience. So nothing was fabricated (Probably), though that's not to say the person who took the video wasn't in there without permission with the real individual leaving a receipt behind in the office, or even the man himself.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord

Oh 100%. This could ruin any chance the guy has of getting a job with any sort of gaming related companies.

****ing over a guy's career just because you want 5 minutes of fame wouldn't just be ****ty, it'd be downright evil.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Spawn Wave seems to feel this leak isn't real due to Incineroar not being in it.

If Incineroar turns out to be a bait character that's the biggest bamboozle Nintendo has done in a very long time
No? He mainly said that he still thinks that he's in the game, but doesn't think it discredits it.

The only concerns he has towards the leak is with mainly Banjo-Kazooie and Geno and how it feels a bit like a wishlist, but also feels like it has a pretty good chance of it being real with how legitimate it looks.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Ok sorry I won't do it next time.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
He literally says that what Make him feels teams fake is the lack of Incineroar, which seems to be what every insiders and their grandparents feel is wrong here-
I think it's interesting that its Incineroar that makes him think its fake instead of Sora, whom he has brought up a lot.

Autobot N

Smash Apprentice
If this leaked roster + Incineroar is what we're looking at...I should stay away from shelves...
Pretty much. I'm a bit sad that people like Tetra, Shantae, and Elma may not be in, but I'd be more than fine with Incineroar, Shadow, Banjo, and Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom