• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon2

Smash Journeyman
Under what circumstance would you take any video or photo out of focus?
The fact that you have a concept of photos being out of focus shows that are are indeed circumstances under which a photo is taken out of focus. How about:
- If I was kind of stupid (I am)
- If I was kind of lazy (I am)
- If I had a crappy phone that takes ages to focus (I do)
- If I was on the job and being discrete (I am)
- If I didn't even care about Smash/the general situation that much and was just some disgruntled employee (I am the latter)

D

Deleted member

Well, he wouldn't be out of a job if he faked it.
Even just posting an image of the private office he works in could be considered tenable ground to fire someone on, especially if it contains such sensitive material as the grinch stuff. Universal does NOT take kindly to leakers, this man is 100% fired. Not to mention that hes probably under an NDA about Smash if hes working on logos for Smash and such, and even if its fake hes still breaking it. Its like if Matthew Mercer said Chrom wasn't in Ultimate before Chrom was announced, that would still break his NDA

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
Oo! Oo! I can play this game.

Mario - 1: Is anybody here old enough to remember the travesty that was the Mario CD-i game? And how shamelessly it tried to distinguish itself as "a puzzle game" by changing the gameplay in between godawful animated cutscenes? I don't know why anybody cares about this character after that one terrible game. Mr. L is a much better fit for a Luigi clone.
Yeah that's the same because Shadow went on to have so many successful fleshed out solo outings. Oh wait. But I guess he had many more memorable moments as Sonic's sidekick. Oh wait.

No. Shadow is a garbage character and the only reason he is in is because he can be construed as a villain or at least "dark" sonic, but overall a damned waste of space and Tails would be a more interesting character with more relevance.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah that's the same because Shadow went on to have so many successful fleshed out solo outings. Oh wait. But I guess he had many more memorable moments as Sonic's sidekick. Oh wait.

No. Shadow is a garbage character and the only reason he is in is because he can be construed as a villain or at least "dark" sonic, but overall a damned waste of space and Tails would be a more interesting character with more relevance.
This guy hasn't seen Shadow's roundhouse kick in '06

D

Deleted member

Tails and Shadow aren't more relevant then each other

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
How do you acquire the biggest piece of secret Nintendo information in existence right now and casually or accidentally show it off?
It's likely he just didn't give a ****. This was posted on snapchat after all, which facilitates quick and low quality pictures.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
That's another proof that the leak is fake.
The clouds of Luigi's rocket aren't part of the background tempale (because Luigi can be moved), yet, they are in the leak.
The fact that they left the rocket cloud in the part of the picture where there are no character, is unprofessional and makes no sense.

There are many of those details that debunk this picture, it's 100% fake, I'm sorry.
I want it to be true because I like the roster (except Chorus Kids because I prefer Karate Joe), but there are proofs that it's fake.
Damn...we got destroyed guys, the fun police is here, pack it up, theres nothing left for us, we're all just gonna have to die now.

D

Deleted member

Even just posting an image of the private office he works in could be considered tenable ground to fire someone on, especially if it contains such sensitive material as the grinch stuff. Universal does NOT take kindly to leakers, this man is 100% fired.
I can't believe this man would get himself fired just to show us an unreleased Grinch render.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yo KM , what you think of this?

View attachment 171633
I can see how you can see Omegamon.

I'm just confused why they'd pick Omegamon over Agumon (to non-Digimon fans, it'd be like picking Mewtwo/Charizard first over Pikachu), but I'd accept it.
If he took video/photos of it to share with another human being he wouldn't have it be so blurry.

Under what circumstance would you ever take a video or picture of something to show with anyone and have it be completely out of focus? Under what circumstance would you take any video or photo out of focus?
It's blurry because the banner was far away in the shot.

The guy was showing video of his studio, viewers just happened to notice the Smash Banner on his desk and screenshot it.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Gematsu was right in the end.
He is now there in the sky smiling at us
"I told you soooooo..."
Fly high gematsu, fly high...
I mean, people should have known Gematsu was legit after Sakurai said he considered Chrom for Smash 4 and a file named "Rhythm" was found unused among all the franchise emblems.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All I'm going to say is if this turns out to be real, I'm gonna go full Etika and probably break something our of hype. This is too nuts.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm in contact with the french guy and he said that wasn't the final roster. This is the full picture. Im still trying to figure out whos there myself.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Also can I just say that including the Chorus Kids' conductor as part of the character is absolutely brilliant and despite this character being something Smashboards has talked about for like 4 years, we still might end up with a fresh spin on the character that no one has thought of.

Like maybe you play the conductor and the kids follow your inputs as demonstrated by the conductor's baton moving.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

The only thing that's garbage here is your attitude.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm not going to touch rest of this with a ten-feet pole but Shadow was playable in Forces as the protagonist of his own mini story and Tails wasn't.

I love Tails but saying he's more relevant is factually incorrect.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
1. Where's Ashley? Bandana Waddle Dee? Shantae? Of course Sakurai is filling the game with who people want, but he can't do everyone.
2. There was a guy who created a convincing image of a brand new Pokefloats stage for a fake leak. The technology and talent is out there these days. People can create anything.
3. Which is why announcing 7 new characters in 1.5 months is unlikely. That's not the pace slowing down, that's at a faster pace than at any point in time since E3.
4. Again, people can fake just about anything with the right amount of talent and smoke and mirrors.
5. Everyone's gauge for how many to expect is different, I'm merely stating my own, based on previous games and the evidence at hand. I could be wrong. I'd like to be wrong. But I'm just saying that it seems like that leak is presenting too much.

I'm not treating my opinions as objective. I explicitly said it wasn't impossible, just highly unlikely. I was wrong about Isabelle, so I know I'll probably be wrong about other things. I just think people are getting a little carried away.

I meant regarding the hardcore fans. The people who are sitting here and talking about the game every day. Not the people who are going to play the game for just a month and then never touch it again.

The majority of any game's playerbase is casual, and they're important. A game can sell millions, but less than a million will continue to play the game for a long period of time. That's why Street Fighter V flopped. It catered to a very narrow hardcore fanbase and had nothing for casual fans, while Mortal Kombat X catered to both and became the best selling fighting game ever.

But the casual fans aren't the ones who care about Ridley, King K. Rool, Dark Samus, Simon, Richter, and Chrom. Inkling is middling between hardcore and casual. Isabelle is the only fully casual pick.

I mean, did people jump and cheer for Wii Fit Trainer, Bowser Jr., Greninja, and Rosalina? Or did they mainly jump and cheer for Mega Man, Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta?
I mean Street Fighter V was also a severely underbaked piece of **** with basically no content and didn’t even properly appeal to the hardcore community either. That thing has an embarrassing roster size and not even basic arcade mode or story or anything to start with. I don’t know a ton about Stree Fighter, but I’ve heard the hardcore community have plenty of issues with it.

Mortal Kombat X actually had a significant amount of content and less DLC pandering. Still not great, but it had the three different styles for each of the fighters and a decent selection of modes and content at launch. Plus, you know fatalities always appeal to a more casual base than just super combos.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just a reminder, ya all, even if a leak has a lot going for it, and lots of evidence supporting it, it can still be fake. So if this does get confirmed fake, don't be surprised.

beans

Smash Lord
Alright irrelevant to what you're talking about but now that I'm home from my internship my heart is freed and I can be your ultimate rival

Not that I necessarily feel this way, but TURNIN' THE DIALS TO FULL ON #TEAMTRUE

this feels wrong but the pain keeps me alive
Its civil war now, just like Coke and Pepsi, Apples and Oranges, female and male player characters in FE, Head and tails, Mario and Luigi, [insert gen 8 pokemon games here], Melee or any other Smash game, Steve or Steve?uhhh

D

Deleted member

You're not wrong. But there are still potential explanations for it.

You're also sticking to that one point among a literal page long checklist of evidence in favor of it. Stuff like this is ringing familiar of "The lines on the 3DS's CSS don't match up, this line is thicker than the others, there's too much space here, WAY too sloppy to ever get past Nintendo", etc.

This is seriously turning into ERSB 2.0.
Every leak is ESRB 2.0 in this day and age.
Imagine being the friend who leaked this
Imagine talking to your friend who sent you Smash Bros info out of love for you after it blows the **** up on mainstream news sites

See Porygon's post. I may be guilty of misinfo.
Even better, Snapchat alerts you if someone screenshots something you sent on stories. If this is legit, Eric is fully aware of who the asshole is.
Alright irrelevant to what you're talking about but now that I'm home from my internship my heart is freed and I can be your ultimate rival

Not that I necessarily feel this way, but TURNIN' THE DIALS TO FULL ON #TEAMTRUE

this feels wrong but the pain keeps me alive
CAN'T ESCAPE FROM CROSSING FATE

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
The fact that you have a concept of photos being out of focus shows that are are indeed circumstances under which a photo is taken out of focus. How about:
- If I was kind of stupid (I am)
- If I was kind of lazy (I am)
- If I had a crappy phone that takes ages to focus (I do)
- If I was on the job and being discrete (I am)
- If I didn't even care about Smash/the general situation that much and was just some disgruntled employee (I am the latter)
It's likely he just didn't give a ****. This was posted on snapchat after all, which facilitates quick and low quality pictures.
But the other photos in the leak that don't show anything important are clear as crystal. It's just the ones that actually show the poster with the characters, the part of the leak that is the most difficult to make look convincing, that's blurry. Just like every other "leak" like this.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
But the other photos in the leak that don't show anything important are clear as crystal. It's just the ones that actually show the poster with the characters, the part of the leak that is the most difficult to make look convincing, that's blurry. Just like every other "leak" like this.
Can you get me these other photos

You honestly believe that he just sorta blacked it out?
Yes?
You act like he intended for this to blow up like it did

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Snap chat vids auto delete 5 mins after upload and it looks like he was alone at the time so he could at the very least focus a photo intead of all this snap chat bs...
I've viewed Snapchat videos much more than 5 minutes after they were uploaded... Just to verify I just watched a snapchat vid that I watched several hours ago.

But that's because I'm following that person. Does it always delete after 5 mins when you directly send it to someone? I also thought I remember viewing videos multiple times after more than 5 minutes when someone sent me a video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom