• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
What I hope for Spirits is that it goes all out with bosses. So far it only has 2 and it's not making me hopeful tbh.
Oh believe me they are showing a lot more bosses on the next smash bros direct

There was 11 in smash bros brawl so we may get just a few more above that

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Honestly, I don't know what to expect with Spirits. I REALLY don't want to get my hopes up for something incredible, but whatever it is, it has to be somewhat notable. Otherwise, they would've gone ahead and shown it to us by now.

I'm still betting on it being a boss mode.

D

Deleted member

Seriously, is it too much to ask for an Arceus boss fight? Fighting God would be dope and we have Spear Pillar back to use for assets.
I know Metal Face is back, but they could do the same concept with Zanza if they wanted a Xenoblade boss that isn't a complete pushover.

Arceus is not in the demo and hasn't been shown yet. Make of that what you will. I hope it wasn't completely removed. All they needed to do was fix its voice.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Actually serious question, in Smash Wii U you were able to unlock all characters by playing 100 matches. This was much less than Brawl and especially Melee and imo it was probably a change in current trends and they would want to keep it that way.

Now how do you unlock 60+ characters in 100 or so matches??? It's not gunna be possible unless you get a new character every 5 matches. Either they are going back to the melee levels of thousands of matches for characters, or we might not see this unlock condition return. It was one of the most boring for me anyway.

D

Deleted member

Actually serious question, in Smash Wii U you were able to unlock all characters by playing 100 matches. This was much less than Brawl and especially Melee and imo it was probably a change in current trends and they would want to keep it that way.

Now how do you unlock 60+ characters in 100 or so matches??? It's not gunna be possible unless you get a new character every 5 matches. Either they are going back to the melee levels of thousands of matches for characters, or we might not see this unlock condition return. It was one of the most boring for me anyway.
I'd like it if every 5 or 10 matches, a random character challenges you. I'd hate if the unlocks were in website order.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Since we do know this game isn’t afraid to lift some assets from Smash 4:

What enemies from smash run/subspace emissary do you see getting reused in spirits?

Me, I see a lot more smash run enemies getting reused than subspace emissary.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Smash_Run

Look at that enemies list. It even includes some subspace emissary enemies.

I should play some smash run
Sakurai will make sure every enemy from Kid Icarus will be in Smash Ultimate

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, by the way, I decided to make a big infography about the Square-Enix rumors right now, because I keep seeing people spreading missinformation about it, like forgetting that it's not JUST an image leak or whatever. And I took our two main leak candidate for it along side more information, it would be nice to get your feedbacks if I forgot anything.
Honestly? I see both making Ultimate, DLC or not. Sora probably is the next biggest character Square has, and Geno is a massive Sakurai pick. I see both getting in for 2 entirely different reasons. Not to mention other 3rd party's have 2 and are even hitting 3 characters from those publishers, and Square still only has Cloud.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One of the reasons I'm not convinced it's a boss rush. But I guess they could drop 10+ bosses in the next direct.
I just hope that series with obvious candidates don't get missed on. SSE was already disappointing with its *counts on hand* 4.5 actual Nintendo bosses.
They could start by bringing back 3 of those(Petey, Porky and Rayquaza) and then add from unrepped series such as Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, FE and KI.
Not to mention what you can do with the third parties. We can't go without a Metal Gear fight.

They could keep it at a constant 10 battles per unlock ratio. Just 5 would defeat the purpose of whatever other unlock methods there are

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
While we're on the topic of bosses, I figure I'll mention the fact that, on the site, the Zero Assist Trophy is referred to as "Zero (Megaman)". They wouldn't do that if that was the only Zero in the game, so that means that Zero/02 from Kirby will probably be a boss.

D

Deleted member

And negative F-Zero content if he’s feeling risky!
I don't think the lack of F-Zero content has ever been Sakurai's fault. It's entirely because the series has been dormant for over a decade.

D

Deleted member

I thought his current bias was Metroid and Castlevania.
Oh crud, you're right... We might have to add Street Fighter to the list soon. It's got more music than Castlevania, and Ken may be coming.

osby

Smash Obsessed
And yet this is only a slight exaggeration of the KH lore. The games are fun but good lord have they made a series with Disney characters on par with Metal Gear in terms of being convoluted.
Kingdom Hearts is one of those games I love but never would advice anyone I care about to play.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I had a fun smash dream. I was watching a reveal trailer that began with Fox walking into a large greenhouse-like cathedral, and inside was a bunch of piranha plants being tended to by Wolf, who was waiting for Fox.
Wolf is about to let the Pirahna Plants attack Fox, when he’s stopped by the first character: Dixie Kong. Dixie tackles Wolf and stops him from hurting Fox. Then, a Pirahna Plant tries to attack Dixie, who then flies into the corner of the room, just out of reach from the Pirahna Plant, and Fox and Wolf tussle in the background.
Just as Dixie’s about to be eaten, an Arwing crashes through the ceiling and there was a female voice. So at this point I assume it’s strangely Krystal, but nope, out of the arwing steps an Owl in ornamental robes. The splash screen read “ANGRY ****IN’ HYLIA crashes into battle.” The F-Word was just there, uncensored. Anyways, it seems the next Star Fox rep is the Legend of Zelda’s Goddess Hylia’s Owl Fursona. And she did count as a Star Fox rep.
And that point I went onto smashboards to see their reaction to this, but all everyone was talking about is just how there are four characters for a lot of 64 series, Kirby is still not getting another rep. So look out for Angry ****in Hylia I guess. Trust me, I’m Vergeben.

Graizen

Smash Champion
>Be me
>Talks how Digimon Started as a Video Game character
>Guy says Virtual Pets are not Video Games
>I tell him that a Virtual Pet is more Video Game than Game & Watch and R.O.B.
>He says that Virtual Pet is not a Video Game but Game & Watch is

My god i get so tired of these people sometimes

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
While we're on the topic of bosses, I figure I'll mention the fact that, on the site, the Zero Assist Trophy is referred to as "Zero (Megaman)". They wouldn't do that if that was the only Zero in the game, so that means that Zero/02 from Kirby will probably be a boss.
I think it clearly means TSM ZeRo is going to be a playable character. No other explanation.

D

Deleted member

>Be me

Virtual Pets are minigames that you play, Game & Watch too.

Digimon is a video game.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
>Be me

Well, then that guy is wrong because digital pets are basically video games in my eyes...

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I had a fun smash dream. I was watching a reveal trailer that began with Fox walking into a large greenhouse-like cathedral, and inside was a bunch of piranha plants being tended to by Wolf, who was waiting for Fox.
Wolf is about to let the Pirahna Plants attack Fox, when he’s stopped by the first character: Dixie Kong. Dixie tackles Wolf and stops him from hurting Fox. Then, a Pirahna Plant tries to attack Dixie, who then flies into the corner of the room, just out of reach from the Pirahna Plant, and Fox and Wolf tussle in the background.
Just as Dixie’s about to be eaten, an Arwing crashes through the ceiling and there was a female voice. So at this point I assume it’s strangely Krystal, but nope, out of the arwing steps an Owl in ornamental robes. The splash screen read “ANGRY ****IN’ HYLIA crashes into battle.” The F-Word was just there, uncensored. Anyways, it seems the next Star Fox rep is the Legend of Zelda’s Goddess Hylia’s Owl Fursona. And she did count as a Star Fox rep.
And that point I went onto smashboards to see their reaction to this, but all everyone was talking about is just how there are four characters for a lot of 64 series, Kirby is still not getting another rep. So look out for Angry ****in Hylia I guess. Trust me, I’m Vergeben.
Umm... Kaepora Gaebora?

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
You know, I had a somewhat similar dream once.
It was a Smash Direct, and Sakurai was revealing echo fighters. Well, one of them was for some reason a Wii Fit Trainer echo fighter, and had been revealed in a CGI trailer. I sadly forgot what her splash screen said, but I digress.
The differences it had was that this Wii Fit Trainer had blue skin, would smile, no male alts, and had a new neutral-B that was like the original but weaker and would charge instantly and it gave you healing.
It was basically a Sakurai OC he made for the purpose of being a Wii Fit echo fighter.

And I too can confirm this is the next fighter we're are getting without a doubt in my mind.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ooh, y'all are talking Smash dreams huh? Okay...
Back in the Smash 4 days, I had a dream that Prosphora from Kid Icarus Uprising got announced as a fighter... I can't remember much besides that...
This happened shortly after Palutena got announced so...

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The main issue with Digimon is that to find it you have to walk to the Pokemon aisle and bend down all the way to the bottom shelf where it's in an unboxed bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom