• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
The point in those Bayo posts was to show that we really don't have much to complain about Bayo now. Worse WT, worse off-the-top KO abilities, and a easier time getting out of her combos. She definitely will still be good (with great, not broken combo abilities and recovery among better traits), from what I've seen, but I'll hold on complaining about her until I see her causing trouble. At least people here think logically (can't say the same for Reddit or YouTube).

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, confession time: I just went against everything I said and preordered Let's Go Evee. It's doing a lot of things that upset, baffle and sometimes even anger me, but at the end of the day, I think I'm going to still enjoy my time with it. I'm still not going to defend it's flaws however.

I'm not getting the Pokeball+ either, but I might change my mind if it turns out to be compatible with Pokemon 2019.
Honestly? Same.

It's doing some really stupid things in my opinion, but it looks like an ok game. I've never played through a Kanto game so technically it's a new experience for me. I'll complain but I might have some fun. Emphasis on some.
I was getting it anyway, I want a Meltan. I'm not spending 50 bucks for a Mew though, no way in Hell.

All in all, I probably won't even think about Let's Go in six months. Let's hope 2019 really is as great as they're hyping it up to be.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle:

If the rumors are true, this could possibly be our final roster. How would you rate it from a scale from 1 to 10?

I would personally give it a good 8/10. I'm not crazy about a couple additions (*Cough*:ultkrool:*Cough*), but overall, characters like Inkling, the Belmonts, Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar are making me pretty excited to play..

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, let me ask: if there was DLC, and they revealed all DLC characters now, and they were all Echoes of other characters, how would you react?

D

Deleted member

:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultisabelle:

If the rumors are true, this could possibly be our final roster. How would you rate it from a scale from 1 to 10?

I would personally give it a good 8/10. I'm not crazy about a couple additions, But overall, characters like Inkling, the Belmonts, Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar are making me pretty excited to play..
Probably a 9/10. The only additions here that bug me are Chrom and Ken, but Inkling, Isabelle, K. Rool, Ridley, and Dark Samus are all top tier additions and really make this game for me. Simon, Richter and Incineroar are additions that while I disliked at first, I have grown to love them thanks to cool movesets.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey guys, let me ask: if there was DLC, and they revealed all DLC characters now, and they were all Echoes of other characters, how would you react?
I'm especially down if all of them were Captain Falcon echos.

As long as one of those is Boshi :yoshi:
Boshi also being a Captain Falcon echo.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
The point in those Bayo posts was to show that we really don't have much to complain about Bayo now. Worse WT, worse off-the-top KO abilities, and a easier time getting out of her combos. She definitely will still be good (with great, not broken combo abilities and recovery among better traits), from what I've seen, but I'll hold on complaining about her until I see her causing trouble. At least people here think logically (can't say the same for Reddit or YouTube).
She's definitely not going to be a terrible character. I think she'll end up being a decent or good character in the end, but anything is far better than the spot she previously held in Smash 4.
As long as Sakurai doesn't nerf her to the bottom of the tier list, or hardly nerfs her at all, I'm happy. But, a balance is optimal.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How do y'all think we'll be able to evolve Meltan?
Catch a bunch of em and smush em together.

I would personally give it a good 8/10. I'm not crazy about a couple additions, but overall, characters like Inkling, the Belmonts, Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar are making me pretty excited to play..
9.9/10

The only low point for me is the Belmonts, who I couldn't care less about, and no Geno. There's still dlc for characters like Geno and Dee.
Literally everyone else along with the Squid Kids, HI IM DAISY, A murder Dragon, a Krazy Krok, a sweet lil' puppy, and my Alola Starter?
Sounds good to me.

D

Deleted member

I would personally give it a good 8/10. I'm not crazy about a couple additions, but overall, characters like Inkling, the Belmonts, Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar are making me pretty excited to play..
2366D1B9-D01C-4CB5-9FAA-5BF4889A4423.jpeg

Ten out of Ten.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Witch Time is irritating, but it's always annoyed me less then her nonsensical ladder combos because at least with Mewtwo, I can zone and grab a lot to make it hard for her to get away with them. But sometimes I still slip up and get caught in an Up-Smash that kills me at 80%...

Ah well, I shouldn't be worried. Even if Bayo is still toxic at Ultimate's release they'll probably tweak her more with patches. The only reason Bayo didn't keep getting nerfs is because she came too late in Smash 4's life span.
How do y'all think we'll be able to evolve Meltan?
I'm not sure if that new form that was implied was an evolution or not, but I think that you'll be able to get it by catching a bunch of them. It seems to be a Pokemon made for Let's Go, and is the first mythical Pokemon that seems to be available in abundance, so I imagine that if you can catch enough of them you can fuse or "melt" them together into some sort of super-Meltan. Pokemon Go is all about catching Pokemon of the same species over, and over, and over again.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokemon Go is all about catching Pokemon of the same species over, and over, and over again.
I know, it annoys me to no end. Can't wait to buy a whole game of that!

CURSE YOU MELTAN, HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME BUY THIS? CURSE YOUR CUTE LITTLE NUT FACE!

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The only reason Bayo didn't keep getting nerfs is because she came too late in Smash 4's life span.
I thought it was the team wanting to focus on SSBU instead.
CURSE YOU MELTAN, HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME BUY THIS? CURSE YOUR CUTE LITTLE NUT FACE!
Perhaps you could just buy some Meltan merch instead?

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Makes me wonder who's going to be the top dog this time round. I mean, Bayo will still be good, but whose turn is it at the top this time?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This is my reaction honestly.

The fact that every character is back ,already made it my dream game.

On top of that we get the awesome selection of newcomers...

It's like the perfect game is only getting better.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Makes me wonder who's going to be the top dog this time round. I mean, Bayo will still be good, but whose turn is it at the top this time?
It's probably gonna be :ultinkling:
Looking at gameplay footage, they seem a bit OP. Not that's a bad thing necessarily.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is my reaction honestly.

The fact that every character is back was already my dream game.

On top of that we get the awesome selection of newcomers...

It's like the perfect game is only getting better.
I'm so glad I live in the Super Smash Bros Ultimate timeline.

Not like those losers in the Super Smash Bros Mediocrity timeline.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I thought it was the team wanting to focus on SSBU instead.
I mean, that's why Bayo came to late. She came at a time when they were pretty close to done with patches, and SSBU may have been the reason for that. If she was round one DLC she probably would have gotten a lot more nerfs.

Ren Amamiya

Smash Apprentice

Honestly, if you ask me, the roster is already perfection.
Are there more characters I wanted to see? Absolutely. To name a few: requested people like Geno, Isaac, and Bandana Dee or even third-party pipedreams like Dante from Devil May Cry and Joker from Persona 5.
But still, we already have lots of requested characters such as Ridley, K Rool and Simon. And we have ****ing SOLID SNAKE back, so yeet. I'm already satisfied with what we've got.

Iridium

Smash Hero
In most people's eyes, the better characters from what we have seen so far might be :ultmarth::ultpokemontrainer::ultryu::ultsheik::ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultpikachu:. Won't stop me from maining :ultlink:, though (but :ultmarth: is one of my other 9 mains, so...), but I play a lot of characters.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In most people's eyes, the better characters from what we have seen so far might be :ultmarth::ultpokemontrainer::ultryu::ultsheik::ultbayonetta::ultinkling:.
Don't forget Pikachu. What a great way to celebrate Smash's 20th anniversary, making 64's king top tier again! :4pacman:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Steve will be the only one in S Tier.

Assuming he's in.
That'd be pretty funny though because he would basically be Bayonetta 2.0
AKA: A character who's inclusion would be controversial in the Smash Community, only to be the top tier character in the game.

Iridium

Smash Hero
This talk of tiers made me think of how funny it would be if :ultpacman: ever got banned for no reason. Or :ultkingdedede: as well.

Don't forget Pikachu. What a great way to celebrate Smash's 20th anniversary, making 64's king top tier again! :4pacman:
Edited it a minute before. Yeah, I forgot to add him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where's my Meta Knight echo, Brawl Meta Knight?

He comes complete with gliding, transcendent priority on all his moves, infinite Dimensional Cape, and random tripping.

:metaknight:

NineS

Smash Lord
In most people's eyes, the better characters from what we have seen so far might be :ultmarth::ultpokemontrainer::ultryu::ultsheik::ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultpikachu:. Won't stop me from maining :ultlink:, though (but :ultmarth: is one of my other 9 mains, so...), but I play a lot of characters.
Marth is just a character you can't make bad unless you changed his moveset or intentionally made him bad.
I would assume Lucina is going to place high as well, due to being an echo of Marth.
I've heard a lot of good things about Pit, too, but nothing top of the tier worthy.

I wouldn't say the tier list is going to be permanent with the patches we'll get.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I watched a video titled "Brawl is Broken" and apparently Meta Knight could stay invisible with his down special + another move during it, perhaps up-tilt, I forgot.

Hmm... :troll:

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm so glad I live in the Super Smash Bros Ultimate timeline.

Not like those losers in the Super Smash Bros Mediocrity timeline.
Super Smash Brothers Meiocrity - Every bad mechanic is here!

You want a game with forced L-cancling, Brawl Tripping, and Smash 4's lack of real single player content? Neutral gameplay will be solely defined by spamming the same move over and over again until one player manages to get in a hit and start an infinite. The only viable stage in the entire game is Smashville which now only has one music track, and the only viable characters will Meta Knight and Bayonetta, who will be so evenly matched that tournament finals between the two always devolve into glorified Taunt Parties! That is, of course, until Goku gets added as DLC at the end of its life cycle, where he'll be so broken even Meta Knight loses to the matchup 0/10. It's truly most underwhelming Smash Brothers experience!

Pre-order now!

Iridium

Smash Hero
Marth is just a character you can't make bad unless you changed his moveset or intentionally made him bad.
I would assume Lucina is going to place high as well, due to being an echo of Marth.
I've heard a lot of good things about Pit, too, but nothing top of the tier worthy.

I wouldn't say the tier list is going to be permanent with the patches we'll get.
I just want to see all the Links at least reach top tier this time around. Not hopping on the YL-only bandwagon, as I'm for all, but I have to go for (Young, hehe) Adult Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom