• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I understand the point of view, and both point of view are right.

In the end, that characters will probably stay secret until announcement, but at the very least, neither """side"""" (I say side, because in the end, I keep repeating it, I just want another Square-Enix characters) shouldn't be surprised if IT IS Geno, or IF IT IS NOT Geno.
We just know that this characters exist, whoever it is.

After Schrödinger's cat, welcome to Schrödinger's Geno Theory.
Won't be surprised. But will be disappointed.

Don't really care who we get if not Geno. Not Geno, not gonna be happy about it. I'm sure this sounds selfish, but I don't feel bad for not caring for the companies other choices.

If Geno isn't in base, they may add him as DLC so Square or Nintendo can gauge his popularity.
They already understand his popularity, Sakurai has come out and said he's damn popular with fans

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My boi can probably eat the phazon and not be affected (and Kirby too) because my boi can eat anything
I don’t think Yoshi will be allowed to eat anything until he’s done with his taxes

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
plus, there's also the fact dark samus is essentially a sentient metroid
who samus has wiped out
they’ll...they’ll do the best they can to keep that in the history books

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I made an offhand comment to Grant Kirkhope about wanting Grunty in as the "codec call" for Banjo's inclusion and he liked it haha
I'm sure a lot of people would think that's cool. Would love to hear a remix of a Kirkhope track

Noipoi

Howdy!
Don’t worry I haven’t forgotten, but being forced to live together could be a good way to make them have a better relationship than Samus has with Ridley
Master Hand has a strict no co-ed rule when it comes to rooms.
He doesn't want a repeat of what happened when Lucina and Robin were stuck in a room together...

Iridium

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet

You all can take a guess at what the Bayonetta nerf here is. This, I've haven't seen be a problem before today.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Master Hand has a strict no co-ed rule when it comes to rooms.
He doesn't want a repeat of what happened when Lucina and Robin were stuck in a room together...
But he made an exception for :ultpit::ultpalutena: and :ultmario::ultpeach:...:ultbowser:, and as long as they didn’t have Morgan be born the co-ed rule should be fine

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

a remix of a Kirkhope track
I just wish the DK Rap kept the Lanky and Chunky bits this time around. There was barely justification for it in Smash 4, but with the supposed improved compression they've got for audio now, it's completely inexcusable.

Or just give me a new DK Rap arrangement. I only have 20 different DK Raps in Smash 4, I can always use more DK Raps.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So whose a character that you want despite no one really wanting them.

Forme it'd be Leon Powalski. How I feel the Kirby roster isn't complete without Bandana Dee I feel the same with the StarFox roster since Leon would be Falco's answer as Wolf is to Fox. It would perfectly balance it.

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
I just wish the DK Rap kept the Lanky and Chunky bits this time around. There was barely justification for it in Smash 4, but with the supposed improved compression they've got for audio now, it's completely inexcusable.

Or just give me a new DK Rap arrangement. I only have 20 different DK Raps in Smash 4, I can always use more DK Raps.
Have you ever asked yourself "How many DK Raps is too much?".

NineS

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet

You all can take a guess at what the Bayonetta nerf here is. This, I've never seen be a problem before today.
I'm sorry, she launched Snake at 159% near the top of the screen, and it didn't kill him?
Sakurai, you glorious mad man, what did you do to Bayonetta?

Does that combo not kill anymore?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So whose a character that you want despite no one really wanting them.

Foe me it'd be Leon Powalski. How I feel the Kirby roster isn't complete without Bandana Dee I feel the same with the StarFox roster since Leon would be Falco's answer as Wolf is to Fox. It would perfectly balance it.
Spoken like a true scal-- I mean reptile enthusiast :yoshi:

Anyways, mine needs no explanation...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I've got SiIvagunner to turn to when the time comes to satisfy that need.

NineS

Smash Lord
Yep. Even went on this channel a week ago, if I remember correctly. I'm desperate to find interesting things to show off, really.
This is honestly really interesting to me.
It goes to show how far Sakurai might've gone to nerf Bayonetta after what happened in E3. (Ridley died for our sins, and his sacrifice will result in slaying the witch.)

Iridium

Smash Hero
There's also this match.

I've talked about how good Tweek is already (Zack is too), but take a guess at how this goes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At this point these characters seem to be my most current wants.

Banjo-Kazooie
Black Shadow
Elma
Leon Powalski
Medusa
Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, she launched Snake at 159% near the top of the screen, and it didn't kill him?
Sakurai, you glorious mad man, what did you do to Bayonetta?

Does that combo not kill anymore?
Apparently someone in the comment said they tried calculating everything about Snake, DI, and the combo damage and knock back, and apparently it’s a 39% difference.

That’s a massive nerf. She can’t rely to the top combos anymore.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Apparently someone in the comment said they tried calculating everything about Snake, DI, and the combo damage and knock back, and apparently it’s a 39% difference.

That’s a massive nerf. She can’t rely to the top combos anymore.
This was the comment.

This is amazing. Best news I've heard since August. I'm sorry, I'm happy Isabelle's in, but you have to get someone outrageous into smash to top Bayonetta being nerfed like this to me.

D

Deleted member

So are the builds they currently touring with not the E3 build? I thought they were just reusing the E3 build this whole time.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There's this cool storyboard someone made for a Geno & Skull Kid reveal:

Also, the wicked witch was nerfed? nice >:] (I don't really care either way but sounds good for competitive people)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright, confession time: I just went against everything I said and preordered Let's Go Evee. It's doing a lot of things that upset, baffle and sometimes even anger me, but at the end of the day, I think I'm going to still enjoy my time with it. I'm still not going to defend it's flaws however.

I'm not getting the Pokeball+ either, but I might change my mind if it turns out to be compatible with Pokemon 2019.
So can we safely say ding dong the Witch is dead! or is it still too early?
That's like declaring Diddy dead because the Hoo-hah stopped killing. I doubt she'll be bad, but maybe she'll actually have to try in order to get kills now.

Here's to hoping her Back Air got nerfed as well. She'd be so much less frustrating to fight if she had to rely on those risky Smash Attacks to kill.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bayo potentially being nerfed into the ground is excellent news IMO. I may not be a huge competitive Smash player, but I've heard of the horror stories and even watched a few clips, and a lot of her stuff in Smash 4 just looks plain gross. I'm happy to see Sakurai is taking the feedback to heart and is aiming to change some things.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
She still has other aspects that make her effective, right?
Yeah, you can still get ****ed for doing a simple d-tilt/Jab to space with her witch-time which is still pretty dumb for the Risk/Reward ratio
However, Bat-within is now almost a lenience with the new dodge/ ESPECIALLY air-dodge mechanics for her

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I just saw the new ad for Zeraora in GameStop/TCG and I want them even more. I can't help but imagine Zeraora playing like a Wolf/Pikachu/Sheik hybrid and that sounds hype as hell

Ridley, Dark Samus, and Ganondorf are the only exceptions to separations

Everyone else have to share rooms together (gonna be awkward for :ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser: and maybe :ultluigi::ultdaisy:)

Three versions of Samus in the same room...oh my (is that even too bad of a thing now that I think about it)
These kinda talks remind me of a very weird pre-Smash 4 dream I had that Gharnef was revealed as a newcomer and Marth ragequitted from the roster...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, you can still get ****ed for doing a simple d-tilt/Jab to space with her witch-time which is still pretty dumb for the Risk/Reward ratio
However, Bat-within is now almost a lenience with the new dodge/ ESPECIALLY air-dodge mechanics
Witch Time always should've functioned like how the parry does, in that the duration of the time slow is dependent on the attack used.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Witch Time always should've functioned like how the parry does, in that the duration of the time slow is dependent on the attack used.
Exactly, and it still pisses me off to this day, to get chees'd because you throw a simple spacing move... Should have been attack dependent, but who knows how hard it is to implement.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bowser woul've jumped at the opportunity to share a room with Peach, but then he found out he'd have to share with Mario too.
He decided to just bunk with Junior and the Koopalings instead...
Bowser just turns into Bowsette and they both force Peach to sleep on the ground

D

Deleted member

So can we safely say ding dong the Witch is dead! or is it still too early?
We won't know for sure until the game launches, unfortunately. Right now we can only hope things keep going in the right direction.

On the bright side, this game will probably be supported by Nintendo for way longer thanks to the success of the Switch, so I imagine balance patches will be very prevalent. I'm not too worried about seeing another Bayonetta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom