• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NineS

Smash Lord
I'd play Kingdom Hearts if it ever came to the Switch. My friends have told me previously that it's not a series to "jump into". But I like the idea of it--it's such an interesting concept. My hope is that if and when Sora's planned for Smash, some sort of Kingdom Hearts ports come to the Switch.
With all the Final Fantasy games we're getting for the Switch, ports or not, along with the sum of Dragon Quest ones we have, I think Square Enix would be glad to port it over to Switch.
I think the only thing that would be holding them back is that they need Disney's word on it too.
Kat from Gravity Rush.
View attachment 169078

I know I wouldn't mind seeing 2B in Smash, She'd B awesome.
Now that I think about it, I think Kat would make for a pretty cool character.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'd play Kingdom Hearts if it ever came to the Switch. My friends have told me previously that it's not a series to "jump into". But I like the idea of it--it's such an interesting concept. My hope is that if and when Sora's planned for Smash, some sort of Kingdom Hearts ports come to the Switch.
Getting a full package Kingdom Hearts game 1.5, and 2.5, 2.8 remix with (hopefully) 3 would be an insta-buy for me

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I think the biggest thing standing in soras way right now honestly is... that he'd sell well.

as in he'd be an amazing DLC character.

So thats really it. if we dont see him base roster id suspect he'd be dlc and i feel like he fits as dlc best just because of how much he alone would be a marketable character. basically i think sora will be in ultimate when all is said and done.

D

Deleted member

So how much y'all are betting we're getting any Smash-related info at The Game Awards before the game launches? I'm banking on that we're gonna get something, if anything confirmation of DLC.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, even if this week ends in a bit of a whimper from what people were banking on...

It killed music theory, and that's good enough for me.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So how much y'all are betting we're getting any Smash-related info at The Game Awards before the game launches? I'm banking on that we're gonna get something, if anything confirmation of DLC.
That's pretty much what I'm thinking, and that's *if* we get info, as leakypandy is not much of a reliable source. That being said, I was questioning that a week or so ago, as part of me thinks it would be weird to announce something like that the day before the game launches, "You know that game you could play tomorrow? Here's what you can't play then!" It would make more sense if it were Day 1 DLC, however that's not a road I expect Smash to go down, and certainly not what I would want to happen.

So while that was my initial thought, given the timing, I'm a bit more hesitant to say for sure. It'll certainly not be a base character, as that character would leak long before then. And despite it also being Banjo's 20th anniversary of its release in Japan--I have to remind myself and others that coincidences do happen, and more often than we would like to think. :upsidedown:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I dunno. I mean I'll be sitting on my couch at home playing Ultimate hours before the Game Awards anyway, so it won't be pre-launch in some parts of the world.

D

Deleted member

Well, even if this week ends in a bit of a whimper from what people were banking on...

It killed music theory, and that's good enough for me.
All I want at this point is just confirmation that series that got shafted in Smash 4 music-wise get their due. Smash Directs I could honestly give less of a **** because we know it's gonna happen this month, but any confirmation that series' music won't get treated like **** like how Sonic, Final Fantasy, Xenoblade, ****ing Bayonetta even, would be relieving to hear.

That's pretty much what I'm thinking, and that's *if* we get info, as leakypandy is not much of a reliable source. That being said, I was questioning that a week or so ago, as part of me thinks it would be weird to announce something like that the day before the game launches, "You know that game you could play tomorrow? Here's what you can't play then!" It would make more sense if it were Day 1 DLC, however that's not a road I expect Smash to go down, and certainly not what I would want to happen.

So while that was my initial thought, given the timing, I'm a bit more hesitant to say for sure. It'll certainly not be a base character, as that character would leak long before then. And despite it also being Banjo's 20th anniversary of its release in Japan--I have to remind myself and others that coincidences do happen, and more often than we would like to think. :upsidedown:
I wouldn't trust LeakyPandy, but I would trust John (Spawn Wave)'s sources. Here's a list of what I can provide to why I think we're gonna get Smash news at The Game Awards.
  • He knew about Google's gaming prospects with Project Steam
  • He knew about New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe coming before people like Liam Robertson found about it
  • He also knew about Nintendo's fall line-up with stuff like Civilization VI, Diablo III and so on
  • One of the few people that gave solid confirmation of the original September Nintendo Direct date before it was delayed
He's been getting some crazy good sources, so if anything, he's really the only person that has actual cred on his waist that you could really listen to when it comes to what we might get.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh interesting! switching versions of the stage is neat, but possibly setting up for an incineroar reveal (i always pictured that in the boxing ring stage)...
You could do that in Smash Wii U and 3ds. :)

But yeah, this is definitely the stage you show Incineroar on.

However, as much as I want Incineroar, I kinda hope we get someone other than Ken and Incineroar for the next reveal to throw a spanner in the box theory's works.

Geez the mods are going to have a field day with all these spammers...
Jesus Christ.....I've never seen so many spam threads at once.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I will say, aside from the music, it IS kinda funny how so far, every post this week has a very loose theme to health and sports.

Wii Fit
Dr.Mario

and now the boxing Ring.

I don't think it means anything, but they really are hyping up this Health and Fitness day, huh?

Granted, I can't imagine it'll continue past today since, well there aren't any new items/Pokemon/Assists/veterans who fit the bill.

Unless Little Mac hasn't been seen yet.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I will say, aside from the music, it IS kinda funny how so far, every post this week has a very loose theme to health and sports.

Wii Fit
Dr.Mario

and now the boxing Ring.

I don't think it means anything, but they really are hyping up this Health and Fitness day, huh?

Granted, I can't imagine it'll continue past today since, well there aren't any new items/Pokemon/Assists/veterans who fit the bill.

Little Mac has NOT been seen yet...

RisanF

Smash Rookie
Hey, this is RisanF, checking into Smash Boards again. Back in 2017, I wrote an article for SourceGaming defending the concept of "Adventure Mode", and I'm pleased to find out it's an even hotter topic of discussion now than it was then. I'm pretty hyped about the unveiling of the blurred green mode, but I wanted to talk about something first.

Some people on various forums are arguing that the blurred mode isn't Adventure Mode/Subspace Emissary 2.0, saying that Single Player modes would be tucked behind a sub-menu like Games and More. But in Smash Bros. Brawl, both Subspace and the main Brawl mode are behind sub-menus, with both being given big buttons. Also, it seems like they're redesigning everything about the menus to be less confusing than Smash Wii U/3DS, so if "blurred mode" does turn out to be a sufficiently fleshed out Adventure Mode, it might make sense to give it priority alongside the regular Smash mode.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Well Monday was sports day in Japan, it's how people were able to predict Wii Fit Trainer

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman

Wii Fit
Dr.Mario

and now the boxing Ring.

I think Little Mac's been seen

EDIT : nvm, he hasn't

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Yeah, if Little Mac gets revealed next that'll just be too coincidental.

Ladies and Gentlemen.....
The Health and Fitness theory is born.

If anyone cares to fake a leak, theres your hook, claim little mac will be shown on the blog next.

ugh...thats almost certainly gonna happen isnt it... -_-

Shroob

Sup?
Little Mac has NOT been seen yet...
Well then.

While I don't expect a character reveal tomorrow...

If it's Little Mac

*Puts on gigantic tinfoil hat*

Incineroar's episode of the Pokemon anime is to air this Sunday.

And on October 11th, our final day of the week, it will have been exactly 10 days since the playlist was updated.

BIGthink if tru

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911

Wii Fit
Dr.Mario

and now the boxing Ring.

At this rate the next game will be Super Smash Bros. VR—Nintendo's next big sly attempt at tricking us into being healthy again in the post-Wii era where YOU throw the punches and jump on the heads of your enemies platforms. I mean after all, what else could it all possibly mean?

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of which, tomorrow will be more or less the death knell on the "10 day" theory.

If we hear nothing about an incoming surprise reveal, then we'll be waiting for a long time to see whatever it is they updated the playlist for.

Shroob

Sup?
Though let's be honest, we're all secretly hoping we hear something by tomorrow night's reveal. It doesn't make sense for them to update the playlist THIS long in advance if they're not going to show off who it is soon-ish.

NineS

Smash Lord
I'm willing to bet, right now as I hit "Post Reply" on this message, some 4channer is reading this thread and later today will post a leak confirming the "Fitness and Health Theory."

And because of that, they will announce the White Mage from Final Fantasy as the next new character because it fits the theme of "Health".

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Geez the mods are going to have a field day with all these spammers...
It's a good thing that I had last night off of work, I've removed around two dozen bots in the past few hours. Ad bots can be cleaned by any Staff member regardless of the board they're assigned to. If you see one, report it or tag any currently active Staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom