• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Big Metal Gear fan here and I may be wrong... but... Snake uses the same suit in MGS2 as MGS1, only difference is he ditches the vest because he is no longer in the arctic. I would love a MGS1 costume variant with Snake though as well :)
Well yeah, that's what I thought too.
BUT THEN MGSV HAS THE ARCTIC VEST AND VENOM'S IN GODDAMN AFGHANISTAN

Either way, I want to wear that sleek black vest. It's "the" suit that's part of his most legendary and iconic adventure and it deserves to be in Smash.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Ken is our echo with the most difference and get the name of "echo" mostly as an "honorary" title because of his Legacy
They definitely wouldn't do that as the term "echo" is to communicate a point, otherwise Docter Mario would be one as well.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, one of my biggest complaints in regards to them just dropping a newcomer when a Final Smash direct seems very soon was that:

"We probably don't even have that many characters left, why split them up?"

I guess I never factored in that an Echo reveal on its own could happen.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I mean, one of my biggest complaints in regards to them just dropping a newcomer when a Final Smash direct seems very soon was that:

"We probably don't even have that many characters left, why split them up?"

I guess I never factored in that an Echo reveal on its own could happen.
With how downplayed Echo reveals tend to be they’d be really stupid to drop a trailer for just one of them. Just clomp the last batch of characters together and let the hype spread itself.

kylexv

Smash Master
About the whole video thing from a couple pages back.

I just don't get why Nintendo would randomly go back and change the thumbnail for a video that is over 3 years old. It probably means nothing though.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/434315805
So i dont know if you guys talked about this but could this be real?
Good effort but,
  • That stage is obnoxiously small, It's a little larger than the bottom level of Peach's Castle 64. I don't see how you could comfortably have a 4 player Smash on there, let alone 8 players.
  • Arle's model looks awkward. The lack of detail conflicts with the general art style of the game. Her head also looks larger than it did in Puyo Puyo.
  • Steve's model looks untouched. That's not to say they might rip the model from Minecraft, but it seems like an odd choice
That being said, there are somethings that are done really well. The hud looks really close to what we've seen in gameplay, the characters' movements are very fluid and natural looking, and I have to appreciate the ambition of creating Puyo models from scratch.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
BGUfU[1].jpg

It's fake.
They cut off a junk of the box or overextended it for some reason.
Guessing the latter which is why the icons are IN the box for some reason (look at any real footage, it isn't like that).

Chrono.

It has the ultimate renders at the bottom though
You can pretty much mod just about anything in Smash 4 from menus, to the UI, to inserting custom renders.

Everything about this looks like amateur hour, the UI looks janky at the bottom, the models themselves aren't any good and the fact that they had them in idle positions is a red flag.

Nintrendo

Smash Cadet
You can pretty much mod just about anything in Smash 4 from menus, to the UI, to inserting custom renders.

Everything about this looks like amateur hour, the UI looks janky at the bottom, the models themselves aren't any good and the fact that they had them in idle positions is a red flag.
I mean Steve looks like the best one lol

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
I do really like how Steve's render in this leak isn't just him walking around or brandishing a diamond sword. They actually went creative with it.

Doesn't make it any more believable but hey

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
We've just been discussing a leak. Pretty sure the majority of us believe it's fake.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The movement of Steve's head in his idle in particular feels very believable, those little details I feel would be there if Sakurai made Steve into a fighter.

This is a nice leak we have here, the lack luster look of the Puyo Puyo stage makes me doubt it though, and that sudden head turn with Arle's animation is odd, though I don't know if such an idle animation stay true to Arle's character. I have not been as invested in the series to really get a grasp of her character.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I was gone for a bit so wh-
*See's updated thumbnail for whatever Sm4sh trailer*
Oh that's cool! Anythi-
*See's Steve and Arle video*
Huh no sound...that is fake.
Animation is smooth and all, but Arle's sudden head jank gave it away for me.
Reminds me of the Spring man leak!

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The E3 section where Ryu/Roy were revealed's video on youtube has had its thumbnail updated for some reason.
So I checked Nintendo's Youtube channel, and they have been doing this with most of their older videos...
Nothing to worry about here...
Compare this Video from 2016
with this video from 2013
The Red Nintendo Banner didn't get used in marketing until 2016 (around the time the Switch got announced)

Last edited:

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
No! All of the thumbnails they're changing are actually references to newcomers! This is a conspiracy! AAAAAAAA

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Here’s maybe a fun little side quest:

We know we have nacho Libre Pikachu. And Wedding Mario. And two Ikes. Yarn Yoshi. Mecha-Ridley. But what do you think are potential alt costumes that we have yet to see?

What are your top 10 alt costumes that you think are likely to be included? Likely as easy to develop and implement without much time spent into it?
I'd love to see:
Brawl Wolf
Twilight princess Zelda, Link, and Ganondorf

I guess that's about it...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Here’s maybe a fun little side quest:

We know we have nacho Libre Pikachu. And Wedding Mario. And two Ikes. Yarn Yoshi. Mecha-Ridley. But what do you think are potential alt costumes that we have yet to see?

What are your top 10 alt costumes that you think are likely to be included? Likely as easy to develop and implement without much time spent into it?
Bridal Gown Mario, Gerudo Garb Link, girl Cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom