• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KafkaKomedy

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 8371 3981 5803
I'm in the camp that, while I'm glad that characters other people wanted got in, nobody I was rooting for has been shown in the game yet except for SK (who won't even be playable) so I can't say the roster is bad or anything, this is just the first Smash game where I haven't been thinking about getting really in depth and loving a newcomer. They're all good picks from an overall perspective so far but we've yet to get a signature "wacky" or "left field" character and only one new series is getting repped, one thats already Very mainstream.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
I honestly wouldn't even be surprised if all of vergeben's "sources" weren't actually real and just stuff he makes up on the spot. All he does is backpedal over and over and over. The way he reacted yesterday was inexcusable and only shows that he's finally about to snap.
What? No, have you seen Verge's other leaks like, leaks related to SCVI? and claims that he just "backpedaled" is what he didn't know or some false informations that he thought was correct one and was 100% sure about it. About yesterday, is what would happen IF he have enough of being pinged stopless just for many questions, some of them are about theories, and "proofs to prove that his leaks is real." I'm aware that he can be wrong sometimes, but that doesn't paint him as asshole in our eyes.

Just don't start hate mob at Verge here, you know we're better than gamefaq.

Darkurai

Smash Master
>get proven wrong
>"I-IT'S BECAUSE OF MY SOURCES I SWEAR"
Why do people still like and defend him?
You serious?

He correctly predicts multiple characters including the one in question, but the thing that breaks his credibility is saying that one of his sources was mistaken in thinking she's an echo when we argued here for days over why Isabelle didn't count as an echo?

The idea that the people giving him information made the exact mistakes as we did in this very thread is so unbelievable?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Am I missing something?

Verg isn't insulting his sources, and real leaks exist.

and being a jerk doesn't mean he's faking it, you may as well believe he's legit since he's gotten what he's kept as fact in regards to Smash all correct so far, or simply go with a "the world may never know" approach.

Last edited:

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
One is entitled to dislike or hate x character, even if it's fictional
Based on what Ultimate has done to some of my favourites, if Incineroar does get in he’ll probably be green and have wings or something just because Sakurai felt like it so I wouldn’t worry too much ;)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wow, some of you guys really can't handle the fact that people like Incineroar over the Owl or the fact that Incineroar might be in Smash this time huh?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't like Incineroar either, but that's going too far. If Incineroar gets in, just beat him up using your favorite character(s).
This.

This is how I feel about Chrom so I'm happy I at least have a beat up character this time around I'm sorry Opo

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Wow, some of you guys really can't handle the fact that people like Incineroar over the Owl or the fact that Incineroar might be in Smash this time huh?
Wow, some of you guys really can't handle the fact that Vergeben is wrong huh?

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
What personality does he have that isn't based in Pokken?

Like I keep trying to dodge this arguement because I've heard it so much but like... Pokken is where this "Cool but dorky" personality thing is coming from.

Not the main game, not the anime, not the concept art. Its all coming from a spin off fighting game. Where's the validity in that?
Well Pokémon Amie shows a bit of that in the interactions with Decidueye, especially with his previous evolution, Dartrix.
Not to mention the PokéDex entries.
Even that is an odd decision.

Like that Swamp guy said. What has a fictional character done to you to straight out hate that character?

I never understood this mentality.
I don't get why this guy is so against Incineroar, but I can understand why he doesn't like him.

Like out of the starters to be featured, I'd just prefer the Rowlet line for the fact that they bring quite a bit of new design elements to the table.
Same reason why I'd love to see an Ultra Beast like Buzzwole get in.
Incineroar innately doesn't have much to stand out compared to the rest of the cast of Pokémon on the roster and in the generation alone.
To me personally, he just feels boring. But that's all subjective at the end of the day.

However, I don't understand how you can hold so much vitriol for just a Pokémon.
Like I don't want the dude, but I wouldn't be mad if he got in.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I'll admit I wasn't big on the idea, but I'm warming up to it. I think seeing other people be positive and excited about it getting in has kinda helped make me like the idea, lol.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
But plenty of times it's for the wrong reasons.
They can dislike whoever they want and no one can tell them what to like and what not
Based on what Ultimate has done to some of my favourites, if Incineroar does get in he’ll probably be green and have wings or something just because Sakurai felt like it so I wouldn’t worry too much ;)
I feel you, you have every right to dislike ZSS's design and no one can force you to change your opinion

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
As much as I like the two, I don't want either Incineroar or Decidueye...

Though I'd be happy with both if they also brought in Primarina.

Ya'll need to get off of IGuessItsOver IGuessItsOver 's case, though. The poison joke was a bit over the top, but they have every right to not want a character in, regardless of reason.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
You serious?

He correctly predicts multiple characters including the one in question, but the thing that breaks his credibility is saying that one of his sources was mistaken in thinking she's an echo when we argued here for days over why Isabelle didn't count as an echo?

The idea that the people giving him information made the exact mistakes as we did in this very thread is so unbelievable?
Honestly, what most likely happened is that the source who told Vergeban about Isabelle learned she was in the game as a playable character and assumed she was an echo due to not knowing all the details of Isabelle;s inclusion.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
You are expected to respect others. Mocking the points they make is anything but respectful.
Well it's a good thing he hasn't been proven wrong yet then. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how people react if he ever is.
Guys, I have a groundbreaking new leak for ya'll, now hear me out cause it's a doozy:

Banjo may or may not be in
Geno may or may not be in
Steve may or may not be in
Goku may or may not be in

There, I can never be proven wrong.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I’m probably gonna get flamed for this but it was just a throwaway gag. Damn this board is sensitive.
There's some things worth being sensitive about. Suicide is one of them.

It's better to be too sensitive then to be too insensitive.

TheDukeofDorks

Smash Apprentice
I suppose you're right. Maybe I should just wait until the next Pokemon is confirmed before I start worrying too much. I just think he'd be a much better fit for Smash than a generic wrestler though.
If Incineroar was simply green and shot vines from his belt instead of flames, you'd be clamoring for his inclusion over that "generic fire owl" :p

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Eh

When it comes to disliking/hating newcomers in smash it usually comes down to "spots being stolen" for a lot of people.

Came across plenty of those opinions here on this site.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This man gets it.

Only normies, but everyone else dislikes him
I like how you unironically used the word "normies," as it implies disliking Incineroar is abnormal. Fitting, really.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait, so Verg is suddenly wrong in everything he's said because one of his several sources got a tiny tid-bit of a character wrong?

A character that's still in the game, just not how he thought they'd be?

That's what makes everything he's said suddenly wrong?

You gotta be kidding me...

Darkurai

Smash Master
Guys, I have a groundbreaking new leak for ya'll, now hear me out cause it's a doozy:

Vergeben has never said "may or may not". He's always said things definitively, such as "dismiss any leak that doesn't have Isabelle". When has he been wishy-washy like this? I don't recall him ever saying "This character might be in, but I'm not sure".

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Except he always confirms it, he doesn't say "maybe" or "probably" unless it's his own speculation regarding what he's confirmed based on his source's information.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
What is happening rn? Well, aside from everyone being up in arms about Verge's credibility or lack thereof.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben has never said "may or may not". He's always said things definitively, such as "dismiss any leak that doesn't have Isabelle". When has he been wishy-washy like this? I don't recall him ever saying "This character might be in, but I'm not sure".
backpedaling.png

backpedaling2.png

What gets me about this second one is that he could have made it so much easier on himself if he just simply claimed that Richter wasn't leaked to him. The amount of insane backpedalling he actually goes into makes him look so desperate

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Eh

When it comes to disliking/hating newcomers in smash it usually comes down to "spots being stolen" for a lot of people.

Came across plenty of those opinions here on this site.
Meh i'd say it's justified, i dislike Corrin because no one asked for him and he's just another FE filler character
I like how you unironically used the word "normies," as it implies disliking Incineroar is abnormal. Fitting, really.
Leave me alone normie
I know I'm in the late party, but can someone tell me what's going on between Vergeben and the Music Theory?
Some people are saying that the music theory got disconfirmed, others that verge was deconfirmed

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Wow, some of you guys really can't handle the fact that Vergeben is wrong huh?

Look, dude. We get it that you don't like Vergeben because of his leaks and wants to wish that he would be wrong on his leaks ALL BECAUSE OF WRESTLING CAT FURRY POKeMON BEING IN HIS LEAK rather than archer owl pokemon for an pokemon gen 7 rep (we wish that he would be in but based on Verge's record, its look like he was correct on Simon, Isabelle, and some of E3 leaks, so we can wait and see if his information about incienroar was correct after all.)

I seriously hope that you are not trolling here because of "vergeben is ****ing wrong!!-!" due to music theory being killed: Music Theory =/= Vergeben's leaks. Even he finally stated that music theory is WRONG at all, and that Incienroar is still in, and I really wish discussions like this wasn't like yesterday's discussion in leak thread.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Jeez some of you are childish over some guy who leaks stuff.

>gets leaks right

> “Hey! You spoiled the game for me! You better watch it, or else ima start telling people when you were wrong and admitted to having bad sources!”

>continues to get stuff right

> “Grr, he keeps leaking stuff and is right. Let me cherry pick a random time when he was wrong that does absolutely nothing to the credibility of his current material”

Good god. Not only do a lot of people here not understand how leaks work (some at least are learning or getting to understand which is good) but others are targeting somebody with harassment...over a, say it with me, Game about fighting fictional characters.

Wow! So cool! So much edge!

Like really? If you don’t like Vergeben, great. To harass him and slander him?

It’s obnoxious. People doing that come across as petty, and just want to be the one say Vergeben is wrong.

What happens when another people says they have information that Ken and Incineroar are it for base game? What then? Will the people saying he’s making it up STILL think he’s making it up? I get the feeling they’d start feeling foolish.

Imagine having enough time to waste on harassing and slandering somebody (someone you don’t even know) rather than building people up. Wow.

Last edited:

Darkurai

Smash Master
View attachment 166776
View attachment 166778
What gets me about this second one is that he could have made it so much easier on himself if he just simply claimed that Richter wasn't leaked to him. The amount of insane backpedalling he actually goes into makes him look so desperate
Please see my previous post in this thread for my thoughts on Isabelle.

Regarding Richter, what's the problem here? He wasn't sure about something so he didn't say it? So we're calling him a fraud because he didn't say something he wasn't confident was true? You'd prefer if he lied and said he heard nothing?

You know he got a tip that the Donkey Kong franchise would receive no new characters right? He didn't publicly say anything about it because he wasn't confident it was true. He made the right decision there, but apparently based on your logic he should've said it anyway.

Try again.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
View attachment 166776
View attachment 166778
I don't think that's backpedaling. He didn't go back on info he's shared, except for pre-E3 info he found to be innaccurate so his dismissed it and gave us Ridley.

It looks more like a person wanting to discuss stuff imo.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
verg.png

Yep, this seems like the composure of someone with trusted sources to me.

It doesn't at all feel like someone who's realised his credibility's crumbling and has given up even trying with arguments. No sir.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like how i'm a normie if I like Incineroar. Liking the most "controversial" of the Alola starters instead of liking the Owl like everyone else makes me a normie apparently.

Over9000BPM

Smash Ace
There's some things worth being sensitive about. Suicide is one of them.

It's better to be too sensitive then to be too insensitive.
Well to be fair I didn’t mean you specifically, that was just the latest example. Suicide IS a serious issue, but that remark was just way too noncommittal and nonspecific to be offensive.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It doesn't at all feel like someone who's realised his credibility's crumbling and has given up even trying with arguments. No sir.
I agree. It sounds like an angry person.
You're not making him look like he can't be trusted. You're just making him look unprofessional.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Well it's a good thing he hasn't been proven wrong yet then. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how people react if he ever is.
Dude is going to immediately be given **** if he's wrong about one thing.
It's not like people aren't already harassing him over stupid info.

Like despite me not liking Verge's attitude, it's still pretty crappy that he has to put up with people whining and yelling at him over a video game.
It's definitely not worth it in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom