• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
View attachment 166780
Yep, this seems like the composure of someone with trusted sources to me.

It doesn't at all feel like someone who's realised his credibility's crumbling and has given up even trying with arguments. No sir.
What are you trying to grasp here?

Because he curses and throws insults makes him less reliable?

I don't see how that makes him less of a leaker.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wow, some of you guys really can't handle the fact that Vergeben is wrong huh?
He’s been wrong before he usually confirms as soon as he can

Here’s your mistake with the Isabelle thing Vergeben was not sure if Isabelle was echo or not only one source assumed she was echo so probably due to that he possibly threw out the source and he apologized for that source besides it’s probably not the same source as simon

Anyway if everyone really is jumping the gun on what Sakurai said on less characters I can see it like this

Pokémon rep/incineroar
Ken (echo)
Geno (could end up dlc though)
Shadow (hybrid echo of sonic/mewtwo)
Skull kid (I’m sorry until I see the base i just can’t see skull kid not in due to what happened with :ultisabelle::ultdarksamus::ultchrom: which is missing in action entirely even the alts for this case the moon)

Darkurai

Smash Master
View attachment 166780

It doesn't at all feel like someone who's realised his credibility's crumbling and has given up even trying with arguments. No sir.
I notice you chose not to actually respond to my argument against what you were saying and instead ignored it to bring up a completely different topic that admittedly reflects poorly on his character, but doesn't serve to disprove his claims whatsoever. That's the kind of thing people do when they don't actually have anything against an argument and just want to change the topic to something they already know what to say about.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I like how i'm a normie if I like Incineroar. Liking the most "controversial" of the Alola starters instead of liking the Owl like everyone else makes me a normie apparently.
Nah it's just that normies instantly started bandwagoning on Incineroar when their vergegod said that he was going to be in

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Wow, some of you guys really can't handle the fact that people like Incineroar over the Owl or the fact that Incineroar might be in Smash this time huh?
Yeah whoever they are just needs to take a breather. I admit I don't like Incineroar but only because he screams slow, powerful, heavyweight to me which just doesn't fit my playstyle (I've tried many times, to fit it in my playstyle, but no luck) so he wouldn't see much play from me, which is why I'm also not really gun ho on Ridley or King K. Rool. (though I was glad for people who got them)

But to delude myself into thinking that no one likes them, or that they have no chance, is just going too far. It's still quite possible that we'll get Incineroar.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
View attachment 166780

Attacking one's character as a means of attacking their credibility is called ad hominen and it's a well known logical fallacy.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
View attachment 166780

None of this **** proves nothing, and want to know he was so mad and acting like ass? Because yesterday, someone made thread claiming that if music theory was ded and that means he was wrong on his leaks. His response to that was like this, he didn't even bother to answer questions regrading music theory and now he did.

You are making him look like he was guy that wants more attention AND bad guy of this story.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Verg getting pissed off doesn't make him wrong.

If I was asked a math question and I answered with "2 + 2 EQUALS ****ING 4" it wouldn't make me wrong, it'd just make me a jerk with the right answers.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Well, I can't believe that every theory we had has just been shot down.

Music theory died (unless we aren't getting a new Pokemon) and the blog theory died as Sakurai told us that Ultimate announcements are just dead. But yeah, seems like we'll have nothing to do unless we happen to kidnap Sakurai Misery style and force him to announce the remaining newcomers.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Four Star won't accept Verge if he's right. He isn't attacking the claims. He's attacking his character.

Even if Verge is 100% right, in his mind he's still wrong.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
You mean like how people started bandwagoning on Shantae after that one tweet? :troll:
SHANTAE IS IN, IT'S JUST THAT WAYFORWARD HASN'T SAID ANYTHING YET BUT SHE'S IN I'M TELLING YOU
Besides, i've been wanting Shantae since Brawl, so i wasn't bandwagoning

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
BTW why is being a "normie" a bad thing? Stuff like that makes me think you WANT to be socially ostracized.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Can we move on to something else maybe? We'll probably end up circling back to it later anyway, but this back and forth isn't even going in a circle, it's going nowhere at all.

D

Deleted member

I mean, the person who was behind the ESRB leak wasn't very nice either. Especially with his..."unique" username and the way he behaved.

If people like Incineroar, there's nothing wrong with that. If people don't like him, that's okay too. IMO people can like what they like and dislike what they dislike, and I don't see a need to egg anyone on about what characters they want in Smash. To each their own, and such.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Music theory died (unless we aren't getting a new Pokemon) and the blog theory died as Sakurai told us that Ultimate announcements are just dead. But yeah, seems like we'll have nothing to do unless we happen to kidnap Sakurai Misery style and force him to announce the remaining newcomers.
I kinda like it. Sure some people will still cling to theories but for me and those who agree with me it's like going back to speculation square one. Yeah, Sakurai said there'd only be a few more reveals but we all kinda expected that anyway.

Darkurai

Smash Master

Box Theory still going strong

(box theory is admittedly on shaky ground, even if I do believe it. I just wanted to make a little joke about how it technically hasn't been definitively proven wrong)

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Dude is going to immediately be given **** if he's wrong about one thing.
It's not like people aren't already harassing him over stupid info.

Like despite me not liking Verge's attitude, it's still pretty crappy that he has to put up with people whining and yelling at him over a video game.
It's definitely not worth it in my opinion.
He brought it upon himself the moment he made the conscientious decision to leak this game. You shouldn't feel any sympathy for him.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You know, as someone who had Litten as their Alola starter and who was actually elated to see it’s leaked final form, I don’t know if I should feel disheartened that there’s still people regurgitating their unbridled hate towards Incineroar considering that it’s been almost two years since SuMo came out. Incineroar was my favorite Fire-starter in a long time; it had personality, a badass theme, a unique typing, it looked like the kind of Pokemon that could kick your butt and laugh about it every day of the week. I thought it looked so cool, especially when compared to past Fire-starters. It hadn’t made me feel excited for a starter Pokemon in a long time.

I wasn’t actually expecting to see Incineroar in Smash as a playable character. In fact, I wasn’t even excited to see a new Pokemon character at all in the roster with the front runners that we had previously. Decidueye looked so bland and uninteresting to me, Mimikyu always felt to me that it would more likely be a Pokeball Pokemon than a playable character, and Lycanroc was barely a blip on the radar for me. But Incineroar, like in SuMo, excited me like no other Pokemon candidate would. I mean, look at him! He’s a freakin’ wrestler! We don’t have a character like that in the roster, and the fact that it was my Alola starter has actually made me excited for a Pokemon newcomer!

Sakurai already amazed me with Ridley and Simon, but if he actually puts in Incineroar I would just be blown away even further. So as an Incineroar fan, so what if he’s hated? He’s a heel wrestler, he feeds off the salt of haters.:p

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
BTW why is being a "normie" a bad thing? Stuff like that makes me think you WANT to be socially ostracized.
Normies are the kind of ""people"" who follow trends and behave like machines, they don't think by themselves, they eat up anything that's thrown at them even if it's a big pile of ****

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Normies are the kind of ""people"" who follow trends and behave like machines, they don't think by themselves, they eat up anything that's thrown at them even if it's a big pile of ****
"Anyone who likes something I don't is a sheep."

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm tired of all the controversy. At this point, my biggest wish is for every theory and leaker to be completely shot down by a random and unexpected character who no one would have ever saw coming.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know, as someone who had Litten as their Alola starter and who was actually elated to see it’s leaked final form, I don’t know if I should feel disheartened that there’s still people regurgitating their unbridled hate towards Incineroar considering that it’s been almost two years since SuMo came out. Incineroar was my favorite Fire-starter in a long time; it had personality, a badass theme, a unique typing, it looked like the kind of Pokemon that could kick your butt and laugh about it every day of the week. I thought it looked so cool, especially when compared to past Fire-starters. It hadn’t made me feel excited for a starter Pokemon in a long time.

I wasn’t actually expecting to see Incineroar in Smash as a playable character. In fact, I wasn’t even excited to see a new Pokemon character at all in the roster with the front runners that we had previously. Decidueye looked so bland and uninteresting to me, Mimikyu always felt to me that it would more likely be a Pokeball Pokemon than a playable character, and Lycanroc was barely a blip on the radar for me. But Incineroar, like in SuMo, excited me like no other Pokemon candidate would. I mean, look at him! He’s a freakin’ wrestler! We don’t have a character like that in the roster, and the fact that it was my Alola starter has actually made me excited for a Pokemon newcomer!

Sakurai already amazed me with Ridley and Simon, but if he actually puts in Incineroar I would just be blown away even further. So as an Incineroar fan, so what if he’s hated? He’s a heel wrestler, he feeds off the salt of haters.:p
Exactly! These past few moments have only made him stronger, and if we're lucky, he's gonna unleash a Malicious Moonsault on this site!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
He brought it upon himself the moment he made the conscientious decision to leak this game. You shouldn't feel any sympathy for him.
“She brought it upon herself for wearing that short dress. She should have known better.”

Nice victim blaming you have there. Don’t explain why people choose to react certain ways, blame it on the people they’re harassing instead.

D

Deleted member

Can we move on to something else maybe? We'll probably end up circling back to it later anyway, but this back and forth isn't even going in a circle, it's going nowhere at all.
I agree.

So, what do you guys think about a western third party company like Bethesda getting characters in Smash?

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Verg getting pissed off doesn't make him wrong.

If I was asked a math question and I answered with "2 + 2 EQUALS ****ING 4" it wouldn't make me wrong, it'd just make me a jerk with the right answers.
I don't fault him for getting pissed though. He's leaking a incredibly popular series, and with that comes people trying to attack him verbally all the time, it probably gives him a headache and he lashes out. Not a lot of people can handle people be at their throat over video game rumors.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
“She brought it upon herself for wearing that short dress. She should have known better.”

Nice victim blaming you have there. Don’t explain why people choose to react certain ways, blame it on the people they’re harassing instead.
>walks on the street with a "shoot me" sign
>gets shooted
>wonders why he got shooted
Hmm....

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Dude, don't say like that. You are bashing him so hard that because he was like kind of ass yesterday? How many times do I have to point it out? REASON VERGE ACTED LIKE THAT BECAUSE SOMEONE THOUGHT THAT MUSIC THEORY WAS KILLED WHICH MEANS HE MIGHT BE WRONG FOR ONCE.

Just don't use this as proof to why we should not trust him AND his leaks.

God, I really need some break from explaining the reasons because you and others on vergeben's hatewagon are ****ing childlike and idiots.

Excuse me what? are you serious about using normies to describle people?

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I agree.

So, what do you guys think about a western third party company like Bethesda getting characters in Smash?
Bethesda in particular I'm not so sure about, but given their current relationship with Ubisoft, if not a character, I could see a DLC stage based on Kingdom Battle or something along those lines.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
It's funny how the only thing people point out as "wrong" that Verg has gotten is one of his sources stating Isabelle was an echo, even tho he stated that he didn't believe it himself and people on this very board thought so too while watching her trailer.

Not liking Verg is one thing, which I can understand. But putting words in his mouth to discredit him is another.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok well I suppose the rest of the characters could be something like this

Incineroar
Geno or Steve or Sora (a Square Enix rep basicly)
Skull kid
Ken (ryu echo)
Shadow (sonic echo)

Oh the second smash direct which would have the whole base roster reveal would end with a mewtwo esc reveal (first dlc character) of something like banjo and kazooie or geno.

(By the way skull kid is due to missing in action and shadow is because of knuckles)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I guess if you really, really, really dig, but I'm not seeing it.

vs

It's literally canon that Decidueye puts on a facade of stoicism and coolness but gets flustered beyond belief if it's startled or ambushed. You not being able to see it doesn't mean Decidueye doesn't have personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom