• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If some of you guys think you can handle a million voices coming from all directions messaging you to kill urself or something, then fine.

but you don't speak for everyone. And yes, Verg shouldn't have used Autism as an insult. But does that truly warrant harassment?

Should he be called out? Sure. But all out harassment?

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
My god the Smash community is filled with victim-blamers. You people should be better than this.

Harassment shouldn't be seen as on the same level as a legitimate occupational hazard. If you can't, you know, choose not to harass people, you are in the wrong, and probably a whiny manchild. And those choosing to blame the victim are no better.
With fame also comes criticism
It's obvious that people like him would get **** on all the time, so why is he just now going nuclear?
Why doesn't he just create a new account and pretend nothing happened, is that hard?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Music theory suggest no new Pokemon. Things could change though.
Let's be honest.

On the chance Incineroar gets revealed, music theory IS dead.

First it was "No newcomer without their music!" then it was "No newcomer without their music, Echoes don't count!"

If Incineroar/whoever gets revealed, then how is it going to evolve?

"No newcomer without their music UNLESS it's a series that's got considerable sales?"

"No newcomer without their music UNLESS it's the week prior?"

"No newcomer without their music UNLESS it's the third Friday in a month and it rained outside?"

Really, if we get a Pokemon newcomer, theory should have died back with Dark Samus.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If some of you guys think you can handle a million voices coming from all directions messaging you to kill urself or something, then fine.

but you don't speak for everyone. And yes, Verg shouldn't have used Autism as an insult. But does that truly warrant harassment?

Should he be called out? Sure. But all out harassment?
Well, based on what I said in response to Substitute on the last page, I agree. Personally, I would not have said anything to Vergeben himself. I am no harasser. Plus, as uncalled as the autism thing was, I will admit he does have a right to have anger. Also, what those harassers are saying that is so negative is just as equally bad, if not, worse. I can move on from this without problem, I don't see why others can't. Is it really even that big of a deal?

D

Deleted member

With fame also comes criticism
It's obvious that people like him would get **** on all the time, so why is he just now going nuclear?
Because he's probably reached his boiling point like most other people in his situation would? I would make the safe assumption that most people here would lash out if pushed hard enough, and I think Verg has been pushed pretty ****ing hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
That implies music theory is real though, which it might not be.
It might not be, but we haven't seen it be disproven yet and the Animal Crossing delay proves they do tie music to characters.

Right now, there are 9 series that dont have music: StarFox, Earthbound, Kid Icarus, Wario, Sonic, Punch-Out, Xenoblade, Wii Fit and Duck Hunt (as we know there is a Duck Hunt remix).

Some of these may not get a song (like Sonic). I'm also not sure how to treat the Miis as they have a separate series in the fighters category (but use the Smash logo). So either there will be a new series or two or a song will repeat.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Why, after the months of abuse, insults, **** slinging, and lies thrown towards him, is he now getting all angry? Idk man it truly is a mystery.
Because he's probably reached his boiling point like most other people in his situation would? I would make the safe assumption that most people here would lash out if pushed hard enough.
Just make a new account, pretend nothing has happened and boom, problem solved.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's really hard honestly, on one hand i want Minecraft representation, but on the other one i don't want Incineroar in.
I'm just throwing posts to see what i get
If you don't believe in a person partially, you don't believe in the person at all. Not choosing to pick any side is an option and then wait for everyone to beat themselves up before anything happens.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It might not be, but we haven't seen it be disproven yet and the Animal Crossing delay proves they do tie music to characters.

Right now, there are 9 series that dont have music: StarFox, Earthbound, Kid Icarus, Wario, Sonic, Punch-Out, Xenoblade, Wii Fit and Duck Hunt (as we know there is a Duck Hunt remix).

Some of these may not get a song (like Sonic). I'm also not sure how to treat the Miis as they have a separate series in the fighters category (but use the Smash logo). So either there will be a new series or two or a song will repeat.
I dunno, I just think they tie music to newcomers when the want to. I don't think music is stopping Incineroar.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
If you don't believe in a person partially, you don't believe in the person at all. Not choosing to pick any side is an option and then wait for everyone to beat themselves up before anything happens.
Those are some wise words, i'll take your advice.
I'm stepping out, just keep discussing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Incineroar is not deconfirmed. It's a Hoenn remix not an Alola one. If anything this deconfirmes Gardevoir.
If the music theory was per game instead of franchise then there is almost no one it would possibly deconfirm

Last edited:

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Ah yes, make a new account on the very website that’s insulted and abused every leaker that comes across them. Loz was subject to their abuse too ya know.

And making a new account on the same website that accuses anyone who supports Verge as a Verge alt is a problem solver? Great plan. I see that working out well.

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I dunno, I just think they tie music to newcomers when the want to. I don't think music is stopping Incineroar.
No, it's that is there was a new Pokemon, they'd save the song for him like they did with Isabelle. The other 4 newcomers also had songs for them as well.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is on par with telling some fourth grader to just ignore the bullies, only for him to commit suicide.

Ignoring the problem doesn't work, and you should know that.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Music Theory is dead. Noooooo.

Or we are not getting a pokemon character. But I am pretty sure we are at this point. So, yeah. it is dead. Wonder what todays stage will be.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Alright, I mentioned in the NintenZone thread that as someone who has autism, I find the use of the word in certain contexts funny. Vergeben's use of it is not one of those contexts. He came off as using the insult to deflect and project onto others.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I'm honestly shocked the Johto champion theme hasn't found its way to Smash Bros. It's arguably the most iconic boss theme from the series.
That theme was enough to instill fear into 10-year old me. Don't think it's a coincidence Lance opens up with a Gyarados.

Also, Silver's theme, thr Gym Leader battle theme and the Rocket Battle theme
ESPECIALLY the Team Rocket theme
I'm extremely disappointed that we never got any music from HGSS as that game has some of the best renditions outside of maybe Gen 5 and Gen 7.
Like give us the Johto Champion theme, especially since the Champion themself is returning for Smash Ultimate.

Also, if we're getting any Hoenn tracks, give me Zinnia's theme please.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am curious who is even left for people to have a nuclear meltdown about not making the base roster? There are no characters left as big as the likes of Mega Man, Ridley, and K. Rool, and there are no cuts for people to be outraged by. Why be upset over this roster if Incineroar and Ken are all that is left? Its not even the end anyway. All DLC characters are going to be newcomers this time too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
No, it's that is there was a new Pokemon, they'd save the song for him like they did with Isabelle. The other 4 newcomers also had songs for them as well.
It's not an Alola song though. All the newcomer songs had something to do with their characters. Steven has nothing to do with Incineroar at all.
Hoenn has nothing to do with Incineroar at all. Steven's never even looked at an Incineroar.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I am curious who is even left for people to have a nuclear meltdown about not making the base roster? There are no characters left as big as the likes of Mega Man, Ridley, and K. Rool, and there are no cuts for people to be outraged by. Why be upset over this roster if Incineroar and Ken are all that is left? Its not even the end anyway. All DLC characters are going to be newcomers this time too.
Goemon. He is that big.
And I will have a meltdown if he is not in the base roster. I will double post, post mean words and cry for 2 pages straight.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Ah yes, make a new account on the very website that’s insulted and abused every leaker that comes across them. Loz was subject to their abuse too ya know.

And making a new account on the same website that accuses anyone who supports Verge as a Verge alt is a problem solver? Great plan. I see that working out well.
Dood i mean like, just make a new account, and act like if they were a new person that has just stepped on the internet or something
This is on par with telling some fourth grader to just ignore the bullies, only for him to commit suicide.
Wow that's going too far
Ok you made your point clear

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Pretty sure this is off topic, but I guess I'll answer anyway.

Baked Apple-Walnut Pizza.

It's a special kind of dessert pizza that they serve at my school from time to time. It's got Walnuts, raisins, and Baked Apples on top of cream cheese and it's really hot.

One of my favorite specialty pizzas that my school serves, right after BLT Pizza.
Sounds tasty hold the raisins though.
They brought Steven's theme into Smash Ultimate???

THEY BROUGHT STEVEN'S THEME INTO SMASH ULTIMATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

MY FAVORITE CHAMPION'S THEME AND MY FAVORITE TRACK FROM POKEMON FINALLY MADE IT INTO SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SMOKES, THAT METAL ROCK REMIX IS AMAZING FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD SO FAR!!!!

Okay, I'll calm down, but trust me, you don't know how happy I am about this. I've been WANTING this song to be in Smash for so long!!
I wanted this song for a while too, hopefully we can get Champion Iris' song too.
>getting angry from reading text on a screen
Yeah, sure i would do the same...
He still doesn't deserve all that flak.
Cynthia's still the best champion however, and Iris and Lance still have the best themes.
This statement is true, no exception.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
They didn't play Bloody Tears / Monster Dance in Simon & Richter's trailer.

Nor Happy Home Designer's Title Theme remix in Isabelle's, nor Brinstar Depths in Ridley's.
It's still related to them while Steven has no presence in Alola and you can't use Incineroar in Hoenn

D

Deleted member

I won't excuse Verg for using autism as an insult but he was receiving this harassment way before that and it's in no way justifiable. People are literally only giving him **** for leaking "stuff that is not what they want".

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I could see the Banjo fanbase not taking it well, honestly. Maybe Geno if the prophesied Square Enix character isn't him.

Obviously there's bound to be some whining regardless of who gets "snubbed," but like all Smash rosters, I don't think there'll be a big enough support base feeling snubbed enough to get more attention than even Waluigi at E3, never mind something to the scale of the post-Ballot fallout.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It's still related to them while Steven has no presence in Alola and you can't use Incineroar in Hoenn
But they did play X/Y's battle theme in Greninja's trailer.
But if we get two Pokemon songs on the site, we can get 2 of any other series on the site, so Music Theory is still dead. They can use a Gen 7 remix in Incineroar's trailer without uploading it to the site, just like the music in every other characters' trailers. Vs. Ridley in Ridley's reveal was a new remix that wasn't uploaded.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well then. I come into see practically a repeat scenario of the whole LimaZack EVO Situation and the Music Theory dead.

WOAH NELLY.png

Anyways, I've been clocking in almost 10 hours of OKAMI HD, and I can fully say that this franchise for sure deserves to be in Smash - AT LEAST, in one way or another. Smash Bros. has SO many franchises, from really big, to super small, it's so weird how Okami hasn't been on the Smash IP roster list. I hope, at the very least, to see some music in Smash Ultimate. Okami techincally was created by Platinum Games (before they were known as Clover Studios before the shutdown and reorganizing for games like Bayonetta), so it shouldn't be too hard, since they have Bayonetta at a very high pedestal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom