• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oo! Oo! Lemme try:

Marth
Caeda
Tiki
Navarre
Minerva
Michalis
Sigurd
Ephraim
Eirika
Eliwood
Hector
Roy
Lyn
Ike
Black Knight
Micaiah
Alm
Celica
Chrom
Lucina
Robin
Cordelia
Corrin
Azura

That's 24 but I'm having a hard time removing anyone.
Pretty close to mine except I had Tharja, Olivia and Reinhardt in there in place of a couple of them.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
PlayStation All-Stars isn’t a masterpiece by any means but I feel people give it a lot more **** than it actually deserves.

Stuff like Crash not getting in was due to Activision not willing to cooperate. The developers fully embraced the fact it was a Smash inspired game in interviews. And for the franchises it did represent, it represented them very well.

The stages being crossovers was an absolutely brilliant idea. Really makes the game feel like a clash between worlds.

The Rival cutscenes, while rather cheesy, provided a lot of charm. Where else are you going to see Big Daddy get jealous that Little Sister has taken a liking to Sackboy? Or Sweet Tooth get upset at Kratos knocking over his ice cream.

Again, the game is not perfect, but for what the team was given, they made the best game they possess could.

It’s a shame a sequel will probably never happen. Given a second chance and getting rid of the growing pains, I think they could make something that clicks with more people.
dude stop being reasonable what the **** bro

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
PlayStation All-Stars isn’t a masterpiece by any means but I feel people give it a lot more **** than it actually deserves.

Stuff like Crash not getting in was due to Activision not willing to cooperate. The developers fully embraced the fact it was a Smash inspired game in interviews. And for the franchises it did represent, it represented them very well.

The stages being crossovers was an absolutely brilliant idea. Really makes the game feel like a clash between worlds.

The Rival cutscenes, while rather cheesy, provided a lot of charm. Where else are you going to see Big Daddy get jealous that Little Sister has taken a liking to Sackboy? Or Sweet Tooth get upset at Kratos knocking over his ice cream.

Again, the game is not perfect, but for what the team was given, they made the best game they possess could.

It’s a shame a sequel will probably never happen. Given a second chance and getting rid of the growing pains, I think they could make something that clicks with more people.
From what I heard they also kept Kratos deliberately OP and nerfed Sackboy when he was top tier alongside Kratos too

D

Deleted member

Well the guy who leaked a lot of DMCV info got a second thing wrong and he also claimed Dante was in Smash so there's more doubt on that now
Aw man, I wanted there to be another Bayonetta so the community can complain about how **** they are at the game so we ban her! Dang!

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
The strategy guide just went up on Amazon, maybe we will get a leak from someone who works for Prima Games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Aw man, I wanted there to be another Bayonetta so the community can complain about how **** they are at the game so we ban her! Dang!
I mean the DMCV leaker is probably like Loz, had good info (in this case a large chunk of DMCV info) and wanted more people to root for their favourite, Skull Kid or Dante. It worked as Dante is a character people are more open about

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Pretty close to mine except I had Tharja, Olivia and Reinhardt in there in place of a couple of them.
I was thinking of adding more mages, but I wasn't sure how they'd be incorporated into a game about fighting with swords. And I realize my list needs more villains, but I just had such a hard time parting with anyone.

Share your list sometime. I'd love to see it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Spoiler: The remaining characters are Incineroar and Ken

Top tier Prima leak

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
From what I heard they also kept Kratos deliberately OP and nerfed Sackboy when he was top tier alongside Kratos too
Sackboy was a legit problem when the game released, but they went too far with the nerfs.

Kratos was a hot mess. The fact that Sony Santa Monica helped develop PlayStation All-Stars led to a lot accusations of bias.

Zeus getting in as DLC didn’t help either.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
For Spirits/Adventure/Subspace/Smash Run/whatever.

What new enemies do you want to see?

For me.

-Monty Moles (Mario)
-Boos (Mario)
-Moblins (Zelda)
-Snowmads (DK)
-Scarfies (Kirby)
-Pidgies (Pokemon)
-Rattatas (Pokemon)
- Anything from Earthbound
-Waterwraith (Pikmin)
-Wollywogs (Pikmin)
-E-Series (Sonic)
-Motobugs (Sonic)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

For me.

-Monty Moles (Mario)
-Boos (Mario)
-Moblins (Zelda)
-Snowmads (DK)
-Scarfies (Kirby)
-Pidgies (Pokemon)
-Rattatas (Pokemon)
-Waterwraith (Pikmin)
-Wollywogs (Pikmin)
-E-Series (Sonic)
-Motobugs (Sonic)
Wanderin’ Goom

Just Wanderin’ Goom

Untouch

Smash Master
We haven't gone long enough with news to be desperate enough to believe an obviously fake leak like this.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord

Again, the game is not perfect, but for what the team was given, they made the best game they possibly could.

Was it ever verified that Activision publicly denied Crash's inclusion in the game or something?

Considering Crash once again became a hit franchise with merchandise since that game coming out, Activision would presumably be more open licensing Crash for other appearances at this point, they've even included him in Skylanders as well as appearances in that franchise's TV show (with a new appearance coming up in Season 3 with Coco).

Q-Long

Smash Lord

For me.

-Monty Moles (Mario)
-Boos (Mario)
-Moblins (Zelda)
-Snowmads (DK)
-Scarfies (Kirby)
-Pidgies (Pokemon)
-Rattatas (Pokemon)
-Waterwraith (Pikmin)
-Wollywogs (Pikmin)
-E-Series (Sonic)
-Motobugs (Sonic)
Cactaur
Gecko
Beetle thingy from Pikmin I forgot
Lithwick
Shotzo

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was thinking of adding more mages, but I wasn't sure how they'd be incorporated into a game about fighting with swords. And I realize my list needs more villains, but I just had such a hard time parting with anyone.

Share your list sometime. I'd love to see it.
Wasn’t there that mage chick in Soul Calibur 5?

There was one right? I’m not confusing it with something else?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Moydow Moydow
Never ask me for anything ever again.
Technically I didn't even ask you for anything, I just poked fun at you until you came up with this idea by yourself. :p

But I have a two-hour train journey ahead of me, which will probably get longer because of the storm we're having, so I might consider coming up with something to return the favour anyway. though making me come up with a roster is probably a bad idea unless you really like getting salty because I forgot to include someone important, so I might change my mind
I was in an extra-creative mood, and my train was in an extra-delayed mood (I love sitting in the middle of nowhere completely stationary for almost an hour), so I ended up doing two things out of boredom.

One is an extended ****post which eventually evolved into the character thread I had threatened to make before and almost forgot about; since Phoenix Wright and most FE characters I like are already done, that left me with only one series to look at for ideas, so if more than one person can look at it, that'd be nice I promise, if you visit it, I won't ban you when I run the site:
https://smashboards.com/threads/highlander-etrian-odyssey-show-smash-a-highlanders-justice.458604/

The other is this demonstration of why I should never be allowed to use anything like a roster maker tool:

I'm pretty sure there are characters actually in Smash who I inadvertently decided to "cut" because I forgot they existed. :p Plus there are 21 FE characters there and I still could probably have added more if I wanted to.
Anyway, to the thread at large: on a scale of 1 to "how do I get a moderator banned from the site", how terrible is this roster? Bearing in mind it's completely biased and not trying to be reasonable at all as should be evident by the character occupying the slot immediately to the left of the Miis.

(Speaking of Fire Emblem, did you know there's a new Fire Emblem section on Smashboards? You all should go check it out.)

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
We already had one here in fact, but it was a few days ago before this went up.
Which one was that? Don't remember seeing it.

For me.

-Monty Moles (Mario)
-Boos (Mario)
-Moblins (Zelda)
-Snowmads (DK)
-Scarfies (Kirby)
-Pidgies (Pokemon)
-Rattatas (Pokemon)
-Waterwraith (Pikmin)
-Wollywogs (Pikmin)
-E-Series (Sonic)
-Motobugs (Sonic)

Oooh E-Series robots are a good idea, as are Wollywogs. And the Waterwraith would be terrifying.

I've always really wanted to see Ghosts from Luigi's Mansion, WW style Darknuts, and Dead Hand from OoT.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
So, assuming Spirits is an adventure mode with cutscenes of some kind, what team-ups are you hoping for? Here are mine!:

:ultinkling: with :ultluigi:
I don't know why this idea popped in my head, but after it did, I loved it. I imagine Luigi would be super cowardly and afraid of confrontation, while Inkling would always rush in and drag him into it. Plus, I like the idea of him being frightened by them at first 'cause their eyes look like a Blooper's.

:ultmario: with :ultsonic:
This would basically be making a childhood dream come true. I would love to see how these two would interact in a Subspace setting.

:ultsamus: with :ultisabelle:
I need to see a cutscene of Isabelle saving Samus from Ridley.

:ultridley: with :ultdarksamus:
Would be really interesting to see how they'd interact.

:ultwario: with :ultkrool:
I feel like these two would be hilarious together. I could see K. Rool trying to order him around and Wario, being his typical "I don't give a dang" self, would just completely ignore him and do his own thing.

That's all I got for now. I'll see if I can think some more up later.

For me.

-Monty Moles (Mario)
-Boos (Mario)
-Moblins (Zelda)
-Snowmads (DK)
-Scarfies (Kirby)
-Pidgies (Pokemon)
-Rattatas (Pokemon)
-Waterwraith (Pikmin)
-Wollywogs (Pikmin)
-E-Series (Sonic)
-Motobugs (Sonic)
I don't care as long as there aren't more Kid Icarus enemies (As I heard it he used a lot of those for Smash Run since he could basically just copy and paste from Uprising)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oo! Oo! Lemme try:

Marth
Caeda
Tiki
Navarre
Minerva
Michalis
Sigurd
Ephraim
Eirika
Eliwood
Hector
Roy
Lyn
Ike
Black Knight
Micaiah
Alm
Celica
Chrom
Lucina
Robin
Cordelia
Corrin
Azura

That's 24 but I'm having a hard time removing anyone.
The only major thing I'd suggest is adding a dedicated bow user (other than Lyn and Alm after their promotions anyway). Maybe Tobin due to being a fairly important Valentia character with connections to both Alm and Celica, and to sort of represent the villager class. :p

I was in an extra-creative mood, and my train was in an extra-delayed mood (I love sitting in the middle of nowhere completely stationary for almost an hour), so I ended up doing two things out of boredom.

One is an extended ****post which eventually evolved into the character thread I had threatened to make before and almost forgot about; since Phoenix Wright and most FE characters I like are already done, that left me with only one series to look at for ideas, so if more than one person can look at it, that'd be nice I promise, if you visit it, I won't ban you when I run the site:
https://smashboards.com/threads/highlander-show-smash-a-highlanders-justice.458604/

The other is this demonstration of why I should never be allowed to use anything like a roster maker tool:

I'm pretty sure there are characters actually in Smash who I inadvertently decided to "cut" because I forgot they existed. :p Plus there are 21 FE characters there and I still could probably have added more if I wanted to.
Anyway, to the thread at large: on a scale of 1 to "how do I get a moderator banned from the site", how terrible is this roster? Bearing in mind it's completely biased and not trying to be reasonable at all as should be evident by the character occupying the slot immediately to the left of the Miis.
I mean you added Celica and didn't cut any of my mains so I give it a solid 10/10. :p

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Was it ever verified that Activision publicly denied Crash's inclusion in the game or something?

Considering Crash once again became a hit franchise with merchandise since that game coming out, Activision would presumably be more open licensing Crash for other appearances at this point, they've even included him in Skylanders as well as appearances in that franchise's TV show (with a new appearance coming up in Season 3 with Coco).
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...allegedly-leaked-from-new-battle-royale-beta/
From Omar Kendall, the lead designer.
We obviously know at SuperBot and at Sony how important various characters are to the game, Crash Bandicoot in particular. We got this question at San Diego Comic Con and my president, Chan Park, gave a very good answer: ‘It takes two to tango’. We know the fans want Crash. We want Crash. Crash is not owned by Sony. So it is a negotiation between Sony and the IP holders for all of the characters that exist in the game. We’re very interested in making that happen but it’s not for free. I do want the fans out there to know that obviously we recognized the interest in Crash and characters like Crash.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been as involved on Smashboards this time around. Been busy with my stream on twitch, and mainly have been sticking to Discords/Twitter when it comes to Ultimate Speculation/Rumor season.

I saw a lot of you tagged me in Marcus discussions over the past month. Lol.

In regards to my "Box Theory" that has seemed to divide people over the past week, I just suggest to take it for what its worth right now and expect the worst but hope for the best. It's entirely possible that they just plan to keep some characters off the box in order for them not to leak. Just remember when discussing the box theory to actually read through all the evidence for it (Ken being accounted for on the box is the biggest thing), and not to just assume that the theory is only based on the fact that there's 2 slots open, because that doesn't mean anything.

Will try and be here a bit more often, miss a lot of you guys. (Is my guy Burb Burb still around?)

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Oh... Oh dear

https://trademarks.justia.com/789/76/custom-78976078.html

A moment of silence for Custom Robo
This hurts to hear. Never played the games myself, but was always interested in the idea behind it.

I remember when I was younger, the seeing the Ray MK II trophy for the first time in Melee and thinking he'd be cool to see in Smash.

Then seeing him as an Assist Trophy in Brawl was pretty great. Loved his upgraded MK III design.

Sad that his series has been cancelled. A lot of unique ideas there, and Ray would've been such a cool character in Smash. Even if the series could be reinstated, I think its safe to say it may be done for good, which means Ray likely won't be returning as an Assist Trophy, either. A damn shame.

Q-Long

Smash Lord

https://smashboards.com/threads/highlander-show-smash-a-highlanders-justice.458604/

(Speaking of Fire Emblem, did you know there's a new Fire Emblem section on Smashboards? You all should go check it out.)
Points for soren, my bae

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is it??? I can't find it...
Edit NVM found it. Here's the hard cover special edition
View attachment 165547
Boy that looks like a placeholder....
I present to you The Book Theory: No one is here! Every trailer, blog post, demo and direct we've seen so far has been a lie. When you boot up the game, you just get greeted by a blank white screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom