• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, assuming Spirits is an adventure mode with cutscenes of some kind, what team-ups are you hoping for? Here are mine!:

:ultinkling: with :ultluigi:
I don't know why this idea popped in my head, but after it did, I loved it. I imagine Luigi would be super cowardly and afraid of confrontation, while Inkling would always rush in and drag him into it. Plus, I like the idea of him being frightened by them at first 'cause their eyes look like a Blooper's.

:ultmario: with :ultsonic:
This would basically be making a childhood dream come true. I would love to see how these two would interact in a Subspace setting.

:ultsamus: with :ultisabelle:
I need to see a cutscene of Isabelle saving Samus from Ridley.

:ultridley: with :ultdarksamus:
Would be really interesting to see how they'd interact.

:ultwario: with :ultkrool:
I feel like these two would be hilarious together. I could see K. Rool trying to order him around and Wario, being his typical "I don't give a dang" self, would just completely ignore him and do his own thing.

That's all I got for now. I'll see if I can think some more up later.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I’ve been thinking about it for years. I had a perfect 20 character roster, but I think it needs to be updated.
Oo! Oo! Lemme try:

Marth
Caeda
Tiki
Navarre
Minerva
Michalis
Sigurd
Ephraim
Eirika
Eliwood
Hector
Roy
Lyn
Ike
Black Knight
Micaiah
Alm
Celica
Chrom
Lucina
Robin
Cordelia
Corrin
Azura

That's 24 but I'm having a hard time removing anyone.

Chrono.

Oo! Oo! Lemme try:

Marth
Caeda
Tiki
Navarre
Minerva
Michalis
Sigurd
Ephraim
Eirika
Eliwood
Hector
Roy
Lyn
Ike
Black Knight
Micaiah
Alm
Celica
Chrom
Lucina
Robin
Cordelia
Corrin
Azura

That's 24 but I'm having a hard time removing anyone.
No Leif? Isn't he the 5th game's protagonist?

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
So, assuming Spirits is an adventure mode with cutscenes of some kind, what team-ups are you hoping for? Here are mine!:

I don't know why this idea popped in my head, but after it did, I loved it. I imagine Luigi would be super cowardly and afraid of confrontation, while Inkling would always rush in and drag him into it. Plus, I like the idea of him being frightened by them at first 'cause their eyes look like a Blooper's.

This would basically be making a childhood dream come true. I would love to see how these two would interact in a Subspace setting.

I feel like these two would be hilarious together. I could see K. Rool trying to order him around and Wario, being his typical "I don't give a dang" self, would just completely ignore him and do his own thing.

:ultlucario: + :ultryu: Not sure just seems right
:ultrichter: + ( :ultdaisy::ultpeach::ultrosalina::ultzelda:) Ladies man ;)
:ultness: + :ultrobin Psychic Powers and Tomes
:ultduckhunt: + :ultpichu: Some sort of shenanigans.

Just a few ;)

Edit: :ultwiifittrainer: + :ultkingdedede: Would love to see this interaction as well

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I've done it before so just: suprise me.

There was little to no logic making :ultsamus: and :ultpikachu:, :ultpokemontrainer: and :ultlucas: or :ultdiddy: and :ultfox: teams, but it worked. I hope we'll get more character interactions like that.

(Also :ultpeach: giving her parasol to :ultgnw: is still the best thing)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
No Leif? Isn't he the 5th game's protagonist?
No Seliph either. I was trying to add characters who weren't just sword wielding protagonists, because it was starting to get same-y.

Out of the Geneology/Thracia timeline, I figured Sigurd would do, since nobody in the west got to *officially* play those games anyway. Most people know Shadow Dragon, Sacred Stones, Blazing Blade, Radiant, Awakening and Fates.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I said it once and I'll say it again, October is the last month they can use to reveal stuff because the bundle releases on Nov. 2 and it WILL have the finished mural in its box.
D0E8647B-C662-40D0-9EE7-1D6FB0310DA3.gif

1F169F4D-6A88-4403-BAD2-C54140DC8D80.jpeg

This is the bundle that was shown in the direct for November 2nd.

It doesn’t have the mural on it, so I think it’s safe to say that October isn’t the deadline and they’re planning to reveal at least 1 newcomer in November.

EDIT:
Unless if you’re taking about this...
D58D5C4F-9AF8-4FDC-A1C2-2DEC822A6AF5.jpeg

That comes out on the day Ultimate releases.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Umm?

Cool, but where's the rest?

was this on a leak list?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if they had another direct in October.

They still have a lot more stuff to show rather than newcomers. I don't think one newcomer reveal in a general Nintendo Direct hurts a Smash Direct's chances at airing the next month, or is related at all if it does end up in November.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Since it's ok to post news about the wannable playstation mini thing...

Smash Ultimate Switch Bundle & the steelbook+procontroller are live on the Gamestop site for preorder!

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Umm?

Cool, but where's the rest?

was this on a leak list?
The thing I find hilarious about the PS1 Classic is that, unlike the 8-bit and 16-bit eras, the awkward 32-bit pseudo-3D era has not aged well.

They're still fun games if you approach them with a historical perspective, but for people who are just buying them for nostalgia's sake, they're gonna end up really disappointed.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Ehhhh, not really.

IF the roster was finalized by 2015, Incineroar/whoever was still concept art by that time when Sakurai got his hands on it.

Blame it moreso on the long development cycle than anything.
Sorry for the extremely late response on this:
I also get what you mean, but that doesn't change the fact of what it is.
But let's say we get Incineroar, as far as he would be considered is a "promotional" character.
Because despite how many people may like him, he wasn't asked for or voted for at all.
That's just how it is.
One that wouldn't even work in regards to TPCI's intentions, as USUM is practically done and no longer payed attention to anymore.
Kinda how Gen 5 was thrown out of the way for Gen 6, and so on.
And while it is mostly due to Smash's development cycle, I'd also argue it's also due to TPCI and their short generation cycle and/or lack of hindsight for demanding a new Pokémon.

Just to me, it's extremely interesting as a ballot and older Pokémon could've gotten on the roster.
But everyone involved attempted to go with a risky character with unforseen results.
That would be cool! If that were legit it would only make me want a “Soul Emblem” even more!
I would actually drop so much money for something like that.
Also, I don't blame Bandai Namco for not having a Switch version of Soul Calibur. After all, they didn't really know the thing existed according to interviews.
( I'd still buy it again if it had Lucina or any other FE character )

Pakky

Smash Hero
The thing I find hilarious about the PS1 Classic is that, unlike the 80bit and 16-bit eras, the awkward 32-bit pseudo-3D era has not aged well.

They're still fun games if you approach them with a historical perspective, but for people who are just buying them for nostalgia's sake, they're gonna end up really disappointed.
Also rofl I can play FF7 in my bed on Switch under the sheets like I'm in the 90s again or something.

What is this thing Sony?

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see my glorious team up: :ultpit::ultsimon::ultmegaman:

Just thinking about it, Simon reminds me of Magnus a little bit by how buff and serious they were while Pit & maybe Mega Man are the peppy go lucky type. I dunno why.

I'd also like to see :ultwolf:+:ultwario: bounty/treasure hunt buds.

Or :ultkrool:+:ultridley: long overdue pirate buddies.

Or :ultkingdedede:+:ultridley: In my mind are the Brak & Zorak of Smash.

D

Deleted member

And not very well to boot.

Where's Monster Rancher2?

Where's Ape Escape?

Where's Skull Monkeys?

No Spyro, no Crash, No Tomba!, like?

Who wants this?
Wait, is the full game list out? All I remember hearing was FF VII, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms. As much as I love FF VII, its almost as easy to find now as My Cousin Vinny and Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. VII is on PS1, PS3, PS4, PC, and will soon be on Switch & Xbox1.

EDIT: So still only 5 out of the intended 20 are known. Chances are Crash & Spyro will make it in, but there's a ton of things that probably won't make it that should.

Also, Pakky Pakky , as much as Monster Rancher 2 would be awesome, these are digital, pre-loaded games; there'd be no way to put in a new disc for it to read and create a monster. the 'Open' button on the classic just brings you to the virtual menu to change games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Wait, is the full game list out? All I remember hearing was FF VII, Tekken 3, and Wild Arms. As much as I love FF VII, its almost as easy to find now as My Cousin Vinny and Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. VII is on PS1, PS3, PS4, PC, and will soon be on Switch & Xbox1.
I don't think so but by them not showing heavy hitters like Crash and Spyro, I assume they are not there.

Potato_

Smash Lord
And not very well to boot.

Where's Monster Rancher2?

Where's Ape Escape?

Where's Skull Monkeys?

No Spyro, no Crash, No Tomba!, like?

Who wants this?
Source as to the full list? The post just says that they'll reveal all of them later on their blog.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's it and Ridge Racer iirc. Can't have Ape Escape and likely won't have anything that got remakes confirmed. Probably won't even get ****ing SOTN

D

Deleted member

I don't think so but by them not showing heavy hitters like Crash and Spyro, I assume they are not there.
If true, then its Playstation All Starts Battle Royale all over again. Awesome concept done 1000% better by the company you're mimicking.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If you really want to get into it, the PS3/Vita have been selling most of these games for $5-10 for years as cross-buy. If someone has purchased any of them on sale (which they are often on) they could have compiled most of the PS1 classic's library for under a hundred dollars already, and been able to play it on a Vita portably if they choose.

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman
There's Crash N-Sane Trilogy & the upcoming Spyro Reignited Trilogy so I assume it would be pointless for Sony to add the Crash & Spyro games on PS1 Mini.

Chumpodile

Smash Journeyman

:ultkrool:+:ultbowser:+:ultridley:

Just 3 Boyz

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
Well I don't understand people who want a lawyer over characters that actually have interesting abilities that could work well in a fight, plus some characters from the same franchise are probably better too.

A character historically associated with Nintendo and represents the best of genre would fit perfectly in smash bros. And a character who is just a normal dude WOULD be an interesting pick.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Before this thread gets too off-topic, have we heard anything about the Ultimate limited edition with the gamecube adapter + controller coming to NA? OR does Europe once again get the best damn preorder/special bonuses (to be fair they get shafted on everything else)?

Talking about this btw.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Let me ask you all this.

How fast would the E-shop shut down if:

a virtual N64 app launched on the Switch with everything (you know what I mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom