• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Music Theory clause 12e:
Perhaps games without any new music just have crappy music.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
So the franchises that have not gotten a music track are:
  • Star Fox
    • Doubt we're getting a new Star Fox character
  • Pokemon
    • Incineroar is coming and you know it
  • Mother
    • Interesting. Porky is still in the running. Take that what you will.
  • Ice Climber
    • Not getting a newcomer
  • Game and Watch
    • Not getting a newcomer
  • Kid Icarus
    • I highly doubt we are getting another unique Kid Icarus character
  • WarioWare
    • With Ashley still being an assist trophy, I doubt a WarioWare newcomer
  • Gyromite
    • Not getting a newcomer
  • Wii Fit
    • Not getting a newcomer
  • Punch Out!!
    • Highly doubt we'll get a unique Punch Out character
  • Mii
    • Not getting a newcomer
  • Pac-Man
    • Not getting a unique newcomer
  • Xenoblade
    • Elma maybe?
  • Final Fantasy (unlikely to have new songs)
    • I highly doubt we'll get another Final Fantasy character, but it is possible.
  • Bayonetta
    • Not getting a unique newcomer
So how many weeks do we have left for music updates then?

Shroob

Sup?
So yeah....

Things are falling into place.

We're still missing a Pokemon remix, and Verg's saying Incineroar.

And now we have a stage total of 108 via Famitsu.

Incineroar with Battle Royale stage incoming.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
When has this ever been confirmed that the second Mario icon is for Mario Kart? I have seen no evidence. It'd make perfect sense for spin-offs, considering how astronomically huge of a selection you can get just off the base Mario games like Mario 64, Galaxy, Odyssey, etc.
Go into stage builder for Smash 4 or Brawl and select the music. You'll be able to view it by series and you'll see that Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros are listed as two different franchises.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Jokes aside, The Roost and that one chill route theme from Gen 4, while not exactly fighting music, playing the game drunk with people at 2 am before you all go to bed, not really giving it your all, but more playing the game whimsically, it kinda fits.

Can't believe Smash 4 was 3 years ago

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
VS Debating is my hobby, you just ****ed up.
View attachment 165340

Also, Giygas isn't a god. He's not even close. He's an alien in the first game, and still an alien that's gotten a little too powerful. He's not really ever called a god and meant in such a way. "Universal Cosmic Destroyer"? "Almighty Idiot"? None of these mention a god in the title. You beat Giygas by prayer, which takes everyone, even outside of the 4th wall, to kill. Nobody killed him with raw strength at this strongest, and nobody killed him with raw strength as his weakest. The only entity in the series who can do something on the level as him is the Dark Dragon in Mother 3.

tldr do your homework
Even so, you hold him off, last I heard.

If he really could destroy a universe, even holding that abomination back and being able to tank its attacks still seems like a pretty feat to me.

You don't have to kill someone to be comparable to them or have a chance against them, especially when said being requires a specific power not in your control to beat.

Inb4 "muh powerscaling"

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
But it was still announced on the site, and we were only told about it a couple days in advance from what I remember so I'd still basically count it, it wasn't out of nowhere but it wasn't like it was in a direct or anything like that. Regardless they could still just have a repeat of what they did with robin to announce a character if they want.
Even in your explanation, Elma (or anyone) would have been an announcement for which we knew to wait ahead of time.

D

Deleted member

In what world does Elma make it in before Bandana Dee?

Not even trying to be insulting just, so confused
Well, IIRC most JRPG series are usually more popular in Japan than in the West. Dragon Quest is a good example of this.

To be honest, unless their series's name is either Xenoblade or Shin Megami Tensei, I don't care about JRPG characters, so I can feel for your confusion friend.

CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix What this dude said a page ago. Law of Mankind dictates that if you add waifus to any form of entertainment, it instantly becomes that more popular. Force of Nature is what they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Jokes aside, The Roost and that one chill route theme from Gen 4, while not exactly fighting music, playing the game drunk with people at 2 am before you all go to bed, not really giving it your all, but more playing the game whimsically, it kinda fits.

Can't believe Smash 4 was 3 years ago
I'm fine with Route 209, it just never plays on any stage that makes sense for it. It's been on Spear Pillar, and Unova League and fits well on neither. I'll probably have it up to max on Saffron City or Prism Tower. I expect it to work pretty well on those two stages.

The Roost is just obnoxious because it plays in every tournament set ever.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Wow i never even noticed that until now. Also
>Smash logo
Tabuu is in!
VS Debating is my hobby, you just ****ed up.
View attachment 165340

Also, Giygas isn't a god. He's not even close. He's an alien in the first game, and still an alien that's gotten a little too powerful. He's not really ever called a god and meant in such a way. "Universal Cosmic Destroyer"? "Almighty Idiot"? None of these mention a god in the title. You beat Giygas by prayer, which takes everyone, even outside of the 4th wall, to kill. Nobody killed him with raw strength at this strongest, and nobody killed him with raw strength as his weakest. The only entity in the series who can do something on the level as him is the Dark Dragon in Mother 3.

tldr do your homework
I told you you win, stop calling me out reeeee

Farbeitfromme

Smash Cadet
Rosters, huh? I never made a nice picture using roster maker or anything, but I can make a text one real quick. This purely fantasy on my part, though, so I'm gonna run with it. Let's see...

:ultmario: / :ultdk: / :ultlink: / :ultsamus: / :ultyoshi: / :ultkirby: / :ultfox: / :ultpikachu:
:ultluigi: / :ultness: / :ultfalcon: / :ultjigglypuff: / :ultpeach: / :ultbowser: / :ulticeclimbers: / :ultsheik:
:ultzelda: / :ultdoc: / :ultpichu: / :ultfalco: / :ultmarth: / :ultlucina: / :ultyounglink:
:ultganondorf:(w/ some more Luigification)
:ultmewtwo: / :ultroy: / :ultchrom: / :ultgnw: / :ultmetaknight: / :ultpit:
:ultdarkpit: (a few changes, but still an echo)
:ultzss: / :ultwario: / :ultsnake: / :ultike: / :ultpokemontrainer: / :ultdiddy: / :ultlucas: / :ultsonic:
:ultkingdedede:/ :ultolimar:
Alph (echo, with some balance changes and Rock Pikmin)
:ultlucario: / :ultrob: / :ulttoonlink: / :ultwolf: / :ultvillager: / :ultmegaman: / :ultwiifittrainer: / :ultrosalina:
:ultlittlemac:/ :ultgreninja: / :ultmiifighters: / :ultpalutena: / :ultpacman: / :ultrobin / :ultshulk: / :ultbowserjr:
:ultduckhunt: / :ultryu: / Ken / :ultcloud: / :ultcorrin: / :ultbayonetta: / :ultinkling: / :ultridley:
:ultsimon: / :ultrichter: / :ultkrool: / Isabelle

Now for the fun part...

:ultdarksamus: (No longer an echo, more of a semiclone)
:ultdaisy: (Unique, using material from Mario spinoffs)
Dixie Kong (More or less unique)
Midna and Wolf Link
Impa (UNIQUE WITH CAPITAL U)
Bandana Waddle Dee
Lycanroc
Deoxys
Masked Man
Porky (Using a scaled down spider mech)
Black Knight (Semiclone of Ike)
Tails
Mr. Sandman
Xenoblade character (Leaning toward Elma, but not sure, I'd have to see different characters' fighting styles first)
Isaac
Tibby
Andy
Monster Hunter
Rayman

Pretty conservative choices all around... I'd have to think more about more obscure ones.

So I decided to say "**** it" and make a 100 character dream roster with no cuts, purely based on which characters I'd like the most with no regards to likelihood.
I like it for the most part. Daruk is an interesting choice... I'm always down for more Zelda representation. But...
wouldn't he have a bit of a problem with some matchups like :ultfox::ultwolf::ultlucario::ultduckhunt:? :laugh:

So, what character would you cut from Ultimate that would get daggers glared at you?
For me... Probably Bayonetta. I just don't like her as a character, and would prefer her not to be in Smash. Honestly, though, now that she's in, I don't really have a problem with her staying.

Mii costumes I'm personally expecting we'll get Ashley (Returning), Master Chief and Waluigi as among them.
Monster Hunter costume please. A full blown MH character isn't likely, but I'd be fine with the costume. It's definitely one of the better ones.

I'm not sure if this question has been asked already but:

How would you guys react if their was an original Smash character (a completely new one) that was playable in Ultimate?
Hmm... depends on their design. I'd imagine it'd be something like Tabuu or Primid, in which case I'd rather not have it. But if they made a protagonist character similar in design to Pit or a KI character that would interact with others in story mode it might peak my interest.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Music theory got a HUGE boost today.

I don't wanna jinx it, so i'm not gonna say he's confirmed...

But i'm feeling pretty good about Incineroar right now.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Are we seriously surprised that a character that is just revealed also gets a music track for their series the following Wednesday?
Just like what happened with K.Rool and Simon?

I really don't think it confirms Music Theory, we won't know that for sure until we get every character.
I mean, you said it yourself right here.

We KNOW that Isabelle's song got delayed until this week to line up with her being on the website due to the source code.

So then, why would a franchise like Kirby put it song out MONTHS before their supposed reveal?

We know that Simon, K.Rool and now Isabelle were basically tied to the hip with their music, by your own admission.

D

Deleted member

Go into stage builder for Smash 4 or Brawl and select the music. You'll be able to view it by series and you'll see that Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros are listed as two different franchises.
But remember that those series are still listed under the Mario IP. There was never a singular music option. We also have to take in consideration that this isn't Brawl or Smash 4; Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt should practically have a icon, if we are listing series, but they're listed under "Others".

Again, with how much music you can get from the mainline Mario games and spin-offs, there's just no feasible way I can see that entire Mario list being 4+ hours long, given how Ultimate is also laying them out like a playlist.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
If I'm looking at that music image correctly, it looks like its ordered by series first appearance in Smash... at first.

I notice that Ice Climber is missing. Of course, since its so small it might simply be listed with retro soundtracks.

D

Deleted member

If I'm looking at that music image correctly, it looks like its ordered by series first appearance in Smash... at first.

I notice that Ice Climber is missing. Of course, since its so small it might simply be listed with retro soundtracks.
Ice Climber is in the "other" section alongside Duck Hunt and the Gyromite theme.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In order for Geno to get in the box theory has to be wrong and the dlc character can't be dragon quest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom