• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok guys let's cool down a bit and let's admire how awesome this roster would be !View attachment 165251

Admit it you already want to play as all those chracters ^_^
>No Bandana Dee
>Ninten
>3 ****ing F Zero characters
>No Dark Samus
>ADAM ****ING MALKOVITCH
>Starman/Ohranger
>Banjo Kazooie
**** outta here with this filth I need to cleansen my eyes

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been thinking of what trios Pokemon Trainer would have if he was from another region. Here's what I came up with.
Johto.
152Chikorita_Dream.png

Chikorita
156Quilava_Dream.png

Quilava
160Feraligatr_Dream.png
Feraligatr

Hoenn.
258.png

Mudkip
253Grovyle_Dream.png

Grovyle
Blaziken_(dream_world).png
Blaziken

Sinnoh.
393.png

Piplup
388Grotle_Dream.png
Grotle
392Infernape_Dream.png
Infernape

Unova
498Tepig_Dream.png

Tepig
496Servine_Dream.png
Servine
2503-Shiny-Samurott.png

Samurott

Kalos.
Chespin_(dream_world).png

Chespin
Braixen_(dream_world).png
Braixen
200px-658Greninja_Dream.png

Greninja (obviously :ultgreninja:)

Alola.
Rowlet_(dream_world).png

Rowlet.
Brionne_(dream_world).png
Brionne.
Incineroar_Dream_World.png

Incineroar (see you soon, buddy!)

Astroworld

Smash Apprentice
So question for you all. What would you’re reaction be if the next Smash game cut these characters:
:ultdoc:
:ulttoonlink:
:ultpalutena:
:ultdarkpit:
:ultjigglypuff:
:ultpichu:
:ultmewtwo:
:ultlucario:
:ultroy:
:ultike:
:ultrobin
:ultlucina:
:ultcorrin:
:ultchrom:
:ultshulk:
:ultbayonetta:
:ultryu:
:ultrichter:
in exchange for:
Skull Kid
Impa
Sylux
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dixie Kong
Waluigi
A Gen 8 Pokemon
Hector
Elma
Rex & Pyra
Isaac
Banjo and Kazooie
Dante
Doomguy
Hell no. Out of those I only really want Banjo and Dante. But I don’t want them as the expense of others

Meritocracy

Smash Apprentice
Ok guys let's cool down a bit and let's admire how awesome this roster would be !View attachment 165251

Eh, I don't know enough about most of these people to comment, but I question your inclusion of Ezio, Domguy, and Tracer, even in an all out roaster like this, and in an all out roster Tails and BWD just to name two are glaring omissions
(Yes, I understand this was likely a joke, but my whole thing is evaluating jokes seriously when it dosen't make me seem like so one who just "can't take a joke")

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
https://ssbworld.com/blog/268/everything-we-know-about-yoshi-in-ultimate-so-far

I can appreciate the attempts made to try and demystify yoshi, for some reason, despite being one of the OG smash characters, we have had little info about him, case in point is this surprise reveal of Craft Yoshi that I don't think even nintendo really thought about announcing properly.

Regardless, it's good to see that they are finally pushing yoshi a bit harder this time, he was my main at the start of smash 4, but despite how much i love him he's always been just slightly too flawed for me to stick around. Hopefully if the yoshi buffs are true, I might start maining him once more for ultimate.

EDIT: Didnt someone on this website claim a nintendo employee told them that Yoshi was not in the demo for a heavy rework centered around the Perfect Shield mechanic? I mean it's an old one off statement from like just after e3, but I wouldn't be surprised, considering yoshi's unqiue shield could be spruced up a bit.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Which tweet?

These ones

D

Deleted member

>No Cranky Kong
>No Bandana Dee
>No Slippy and Peppy
>****ing Adam
>No Gothitelle Echo
>No Shovel Knight
>ADAM

How do you **** up a roster this big?
Also, did I mention Adam?

Iridium

Smash Hero

Zinith Zinith I know you'll love this Yoshi's Crafted World inspired render/alt for Yoshi.

Edit: Seriously though, this is real!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The thing is, if the DLC is being announced at the VGA's, and it's a SE character like Verg says is going to be in the game

I think it's going to be a more advertiseable SE character than Geno. Maybe a character from the latest Dragon Quest.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Zinith Zinith I know you'll love this Yoshi's Crafted World inspired render/alt for Yoshi.
No matter how many times this gets posted I just

IT'S SO FUZZY

The thing is, if the DLC is being announced at the VGA's, and it's a SE character like Verg says is going to be in the game

I think it's going to be a more advertiseable SE character than Geno. Maybe a character from the latest Dragon Quest.
Hey, that'd be cool too.

Last edited:

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
Can I just say that I really wish the blog wasn’t a snore fest? All the information is stuff we know, whereas the excitement of the previous games was that something new could get shown off. Not that I would have rather had characters revealed through it, but even new items/costumes would be great imo.

Considering they are revealing all characters, and have already shown POTENTIALLY all stages, I know we’ll see everything before launch. But eh, it’s still boring.
It wouldn't be so bad if they at least went into a bit more nuance with the posts. For example, they could have fleshed out the description about how Isabelle's fishing rod works (add a picture of how it works as a tether or whatever). Just little bits of information, like the character changes detailed in the E3 direct. I don't need any bombshell reveals, but any new information is greatly appreciated.

Shroob

Sup?
I think by the next Smash Direct, we'll probably get a hint of DLC.

Let's be real. Outside of general polish and bug testing, the game's done at this point. They have less than 80 days until launch.

If you don't think the people who would work on DLC aren't doing so, you're kidding yourself.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

>No Waddle Dee
>several new F-Zero characters, and Black Shadow is nowhere to be seen
>Ezio
>Starman
>Porky
>NO ELMA

this REALLY ain't it, chief

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord

This gets me all of the Zelda characters I want, but none of the Kirby ones and only one of the Sonic ones. No Paper Mario, and besides Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, Rayman and Ezio I don't really care for any other new third parties, some of them like the Prince of Prince of Persia feel like fluff to the extreme.

This satisfies parts of me GREATLY and leaves other parts pretty quieted. Also I kind of feel like it's too big.

But it'd take it purely because it just goes full out on the Zelda fanservice.

D

Deleted member

These ones
I don't buy it because this source is garbage, but even if this happened, I still wouldn't watch the VGAs. I'd rather get spoiled as to who the fighter is than sit through one of those again.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't buy it because this source is garbage, but even if this happened, I still wouldn't watch the VGAs. I'd rather get spoiled as to who the fighter is than sit through one of those again.
With the box theory I think they could be more credible with Skull Kid actually being a boss

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Get rid Of Shantae, Magalor, Tracer, Doom Guy, Leon, Saki, Dread Kong, Porky, and Dante
And Replace Them With Steve, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Crash Bandicoot, Dragonborn, Slippy, Ayumi Tachibana, Lanky Kong, Hydreigon, and Pheonix Wright Respectively... After all that, you'd basically have a Perfect roster...
Also, while I'm Fine With the Chrous Men as the Rhythm Heaven Rep, I would Much Rather The Rhythm Girl

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

These ones
When is the awards?

If it’s before decembetr 7th then base

If after then the first DLC character

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually thinking about it, Sora would make more sense as an advertisement character from SE

Edit: Nevermind

"LP implied was that the DLC was a character from a franchise that was listed under a best of category"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we ever get another Metroid character, it really should be Kraid, and hey, we sure as hell won't need to deal with too big arguments this time
images.png

"It's Geno!"
*Crowd goes silent, a single "Who?" can be heard from the back*
*clear throat* *do a sign of cross* Because for me Bandana Dee is an obvious choice for an assist trophy !
What

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

These ones
Oh boy... these guys... Also, really hope Smash can be Viable for next year...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It wouldn't be so bad if they at least went into a bit more nuance with the posts. For example, they could have fleshed out the description about how Isabelle's fishing rod works (add a picture of how it works as a tether or whatever). Just little bits of information, like the character changes detailed in the E3 direct. I don't need any bombshell reveals, but any new information is greatly appreciated.
The interns probably have only been given the bare minimum of info, so that not much is spoiled about the game. Or they're incompetent and just want their job done quickly so they can have lunch/pay already.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman

These ones
Oh boy... Leaky Pandy again....
Spoilers: if a fraggin' fighter appears in Game Awards would be just a coincidence.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Edit: Seriously though, this is real!
I wonder how noticeable the felt effect will be in game. Feel like it'd have to be somewhat noticeable or else regular yoshi and this one will be very confusing together.

If it's at an event that big I can think of two SE characters that'd absolutley blow everyone away.

Sephiroth, or Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom