• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmmm...Verge Did Say Something About Minecraft Content...
So either he's piggybacking off that or...
Verg also said it probably wasn't going to be a playable character, iirc. Which would imply an AT and/or Stage. Or music, even.

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that was low even for me, sorry.

So, another leak just appeared:

Thoughts?
Leaks just make me sad now...

Tails and Geno are my 2 favourites (maybe tails is second to Rhythm Heaven). Before all the pessimism I would be like "I wish Tails too my friend" but now I just think of what could have been.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Yeah that was low even for me, sorry.

So, another leak just appeared:

Thoughts?
> Shadow and Tails
> Team Victory Animations
> Board the Platforms, Break the Targets, Master Orders all come back, daily challenges
> Four player dungeon crawler mode

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
My hangups on the box theory:
It's clearly a work in progress. The design is suspicious but not 100% conclusive.

Contradicts vergaben. Say what you want to try and reconcile them but they can't both be right.

Leaves no room for shadow. I hate the Sonic series but I'd be shocked if he's not in.

It would be really weird to show off so many characters in August and then leave only two for the last 3 months. They wouldn't have shown five at once if they had so little left. Hype will taper off if that's the route they're going. Not saying they have to end with a bang, but they can't end with a drought.

It's something to keep in mind but there's so much going against it that I can't fully believe it right now.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So Kirby and the Amazing Mirror essentially.

Wouldn’t be entirely against that.
Exactly. SSE on ultimate maybe? Would work as a means to unlock characters, see stages, etc.

Sorry if it had already been posted here, but has anyone seen this "leak"?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...ts_new_game_by_snk_just_announced_in/e5qpg45/

He talks about: pokémon from sun/moon, square enix character, Steve from minecraft and Isabelle (before the last Direct)
Hmmm. Skeptical. Why steve and not banjo. Feelslike it is based on verge. Not buying it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Real talk if you claim you're still excited for Ultimate after this theory you're lying to yourself
I really, really, really, really really really hope you're not serious. Dude, I got Simon, Snake, K. Rool, and Ridley, characters I have waited a literal decade, at least, for. The only thing that I could ask for from this game is Isaac and I'm pretty confident in him as DLC.

Oh, but a Box showed up that told me there were two characters left on the base roster, I guess my excitement for characters that I've speculated about for 10+ years has to be dropped to 0. Bummer.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I know a lot of ya'll will hate if Steve gets playable and I'm not even someone who enjoys Minecraft and finds it boring, but there's such a unique moveset potential there.

And that's all I really care about.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Real talk if you claim you're still excited for Ultimate after this theory you're lying to yourself
Guys. Guys.

I'm quoting the post now.

He admitted he messed up.
You've all been Totally Owning him for the past 4 pages. Myself included.

But let's give it a rest, alright? He clearly made a mistake by saying this and acknowledged it.

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Why are we assuming it's the same guy?
I'm confused. Is this the Redditor who leaked Steve, or the 4Channer who leaked Tails and Shadow.
I'm not saying it's the guy from 4chan. I just found this browsing on other sites. There's nothing here about Tails and Shadow, just those other characters, similar to the Vergeben leak

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Please note Verg. also said the new Soul Caliber was a Switch exclusive, so don't take everything he says as 100%.

But he does have a great track record, so he's worth watching.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm not saying it's the guy from 4chan. I just found this browsing on other sites. There's nothing here about Tails and Shadow, just those other characters, similar to the Vergeben leak
Fam I'm so confused what are you talking about
What did this guy who you're talking about leak

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Wait, which leak? Was more than one posted in the last 5 minutes? I wanna see.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Please not Verg. also said the new Soul Caliber was a Switch exclusive, so don't take everything he says as 100%.

He also predicted an entirely new and original character for Soulcalibur.
What he leaks for SC is not relevant for Smash, which would have entirely different sources.

I'd say he's DEFINITELY worth watching at this point.

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post - Spam
Guys. Guys.

But let's give it a rest, alright? He clearly made a mistake by saying this and acknowledged it.
p-pls no bulli

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh, by the way, ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ , I like the new "feature" of your signature.
The one with Isaac in it or the thread advertising?

Also I just realized that the way I made the Isaac-thingie look like, it's like a funny inversion to the earlier image of me holding Zelda's floating head.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Fam I'm so confused what are you talking about
What did this guy who you're talking about leak
He leaked: pokémon from sun/moon, Steve from minecraft, square enix character (couldn't reveal who because he or his source would get "axed" by nintendo) and Isabelle.

This guy from 4chan, that another user posted, seems just bull****.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Please not Verg. also said the new Soul Caliber was a Switch exclusive, so don't take everything he says as 100%.

That would be because of the guy who told him. Remember, Verg has multiple sources and they are different for each game. He asks, they tell. He reports. He isn’t the real leaker. He’s just the messenger.

Don’t blame verg. Blame that source. The sources for Smash are different and they haven’t failed him or us yet.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I'd love a smash direct the end of this month, it allows for there to be one more in November and helps with this super low in speculation right now.

But are we actually going to get It? Pfft.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
He leaked: pokémon from sun/moon, Steve from minecraft, square enix character (couldn't reveal who because he or his source would get "axed" by nintendo) and Isabelle.

This guy from 4chan, that another user posted, seems just bull****.
I'm still confused...the guy you linked, Needsoftdrink, doesn't seem to have said anything.
The guy who leaked Steve and Isabelle and all that is Senjougahara__Hitagi.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Hmmm. Skeptical. Why steve and not banjo. Feelslike it is based on verge. Not buying it.
To be fair, he'd have to repeat Verge to some extent if he wanted to gain credibility with his leak.

And just because Banio isn't in it doesn't make it less credible. If that's how leaks worked, people would've ignored Verge the minute he mentioned Incineroar.

Lucario is the superior gay furry though
Jokes aside, I wouldn't be suprised if that's why we see Lucario so often. Game Freak knows exactly why he's stayed popular, and they continue to promote him on purpose.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
My only concern with Steve would be how jarring he'd be visually, some might find it charming, but I feel like he'd stick out like a sore thumb. Like, there's not a lot of potential for personality with him, not even as much as with the other oddities on the roster (G&W and R.O.B.), he's literally a blank slate because that's what he was designed to be. Maybe Sakurai and his team can make it work, they're magicians after all, but it's hard for me to imagine, if they can then I'm alright with his inclusion.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Guys. Guys.

I have to assert my dominance over you younglings to ensure none of you try to leave your places. :067:

Actually, I just didn't see that post. My bad.

Untouch

Smash Master
Vergeben mostly leaks stuff from Bandai Namco games (smash, tekken, SC6, DBZF),and while he's not always right, it's clear he knows someone on the inside.
This guy has "leaked" one game from SNK and is talking about SNK stuff. He seems to know nothing about Bandai Namco games outside of what Vergeben has already posted. I also like how he says a "minecraft character", like who else would it be besides steve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom