• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What is the first thing you guys plan on doing once smash is out?

Outside of putting the game in the switch, my first plan is to go into smash and do 1v1 with link and kirby. I will be kirby and play hyrule castle ro simulate the first match i can remember from my time with smash64.

Then i will crack open classic with kirby.

And finally move to unlocking characters.

So excited.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Please not Verg. also said the new Soul Caliber was a Switch exclusive, so don't take everything he says as 100%.

But he does have a great track record, so he's worth watching.
Typo, should say "please NOTE Verg..."

As far as I'm concerned his info is good.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The one with Isaac in it or the thread advertising?

Also I just realized that the way I made the Isaac-thingie look like, it's like a funny inversion to the earlier image of me holding Zelda's floating head.
The Isaac bit, naturally. :laugh:

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Don’t blame verg. Blame that source.
Convenient for Verg that any time he's ever wrong or misses anything he can always pin it on "I wasn't told for some reason" or "my trusted source was wrong" and people can keep hanging on his every word.

D

Deleted member

Vergeben mostly leaks stuff from Bandai Namco games (smash, tekken, SC6, DBZF),and while he's not always right, it's clear he knows someone on the inside.
This guy has "leaked" one game from SNK and is talking about SNK stuff. He seems to know nothing about Bandai Namco games outside of what Vergeben has already posted. I also like how he says a "minecraft character", like who else would it be besides steve?
Herobrine :4pacman:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Jokes aside, I wouldn't be suprised if that's why we see Lucario so often. Game Freak knows exactly why he's stayed popular, and they continue to promote him on purpose.
I mean, it probably helps his popularity, but that's not all of it. A lot of people just think having a blue "anubis" who shoots blue spheres of energy is cool.

Now Gardevoir on the other hand...uh yeah, that mega evolution is a little telling, imo. Totally intended as waifu-bait.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I know a lot of ya'll will hate if Steve gets playable and I'm not even someone who enjoys Minecraft and finds it boring, but there's such a unique moveset potential there.

And that's all I really care about.
Yeah, He'd be pretty fun. Also, if he got in, would he be the first Western Third Party Character?

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
I'm still confused...the guy you linked, Needsoftdrink, doesn't seem to have said anything.
The guy who leaked Steve and Isabelle and all that is Senjougahara__Hitagi.
Yeah. The other post I liked about Samurai Shodown was not by him, but he commented below saying that it would be Samurai Shodown. Sorry for not being so clear.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The Isaac bit, naturally. :laugh:
Hehheh~ I see.

(I tend to interpret some things wrong depending on the vagueness so had to ask to be sure.)

I made it in the woke of the Isaac-hype reaching it's peak back in the last Direct, but I felt like keeping there for the time being. :dr^_^:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Please not Verg. also said the new Soul Caliber was a Switch exclusive, so don't take everything he says as 100%.

But he does have a great track record, so he's worth watching.
This has been my problem with how people treat Vergeben. He's been mistaken and flat-out wrong several times. Even if he has been correct about several important things, there is still a margin of error present. He's worth watching, but I wish we would stop acting like Incineroar and Ken are locks just because Vergeben has said so. We can discuss them being locks when they're ACTUALLY locked for the game.

I also agree that you can't believe Verg and Box theory at the same time. We can't have two newcomers left and three newcomers left simultaneously. I would be astounded if info about DLC characters has somehow circulated ANYWHERE at this point, as there's a large chance most of them aren't even in development until the base game is done, so saying the SE rep is DLC is not a solution. You either believe Verg is infallible, or the box is. You can't have both.

Untouch

Smash Master
I feel like Steve's major weakness when it comes to an addition is how rigid the animations are in the game. It's not like you can even take liberties with it without it becoming the ATROCIOUS minecraft story mode models that look uncanny as all hell.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Yeah that was low even for me, sorry.

So, another leak just appeared:

Thoughts?
The fact that it was pushed back and was intended to be even earlier...yeah not buying.

Boy would I love this though. Not big on more than half the new characters being revealed being 3rd party, but love that idea for Spirits and we need Dixie.
Lucario is the superior gay furry though
Guy guys guys neither has to be superior. Just ship them.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm legitimately surprised there's no Beth stuff in this game yet, what with the Ninty x Beth ship still strong.

I'm sure I'm the only one who feels this way, and it's a little biased. But still.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I feel like Steve's major weakness when it comes to an addition is how rigid the animations are in the game. It's not like you can even take liberties with it without it becoming the ATROCIOUS minecraft story mode models that look uncanny as all hell.
Can confirm. I had to take liberties with my mod for Steve on DBFZ. I kept his arms rigid but I had to move his legs. Sakurai & co. have more tools (& know how to use those tools) infinitely better than I can.

D

Deleted member

I mean, it probably helps his popularity, but that's not all of it. A lot of people just think having a blue "anubis" who shoots blue spheres of energy is cool.

Now Gardevoir on the other hand...uh yeah, that mega evolution is a little telling, imo. Totally intended as waifu-bait.
Gardevoir's a weird case. It's Japanese name is Sirknight or something like that, so it may be unintentional. Lucario is just cool though. When I was younger, Lucario was one of my favorites, and though he isn't in any reasonable top Pokemon list I can make, he's still pretty cool.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Convenient for Verg that any time he's ever wrong or misses anything he can always pin it on "I wasn't told for some reason" or "my trusted source was wrong" and people can keep hanging on his every word.
I mean, that's, well, what happens when you're the messenger with multiple sources.

Convenient that he predicted, again, I will say this over and over again, a brand new, original Soulcalibur character.
Oh wait he didn't predict it because he has actual sources who can be wrong and right.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Guys...guys...he already admitted he flubbed with that "if you're excited you're lying to yourself" post...we don't need 20 more posts of you guys Absolutely Dunking on him

To be frank, it doesn't matter if it made sense WITHOUT Corrin since we have to look at it with Corrin in it. Since that's how it is.
He made things un-neat and messy. This implies to me Sakurai will value adding characters over a neat CSS.
To be fair, I saw the post and commented on it basically when I saw it. This thread moves VERY quickly so I reply to stuff as soon as I see it, otherwise I'll never find it again lol.

But people shouldn't be trying to "dunk" on him anyway. I was just telling him I disagree. He has a right to not be excited, and hopefully he doesn't think we don't like him because of his opinion!

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
I mean, that's, well, what happens when you're the messenger with multiple sources.

Convenient that he predicted, again, I will say this over and over again, a brand new, original Soulcalibur character.
Oh wait he didn't predict it because he has actual sources who can be wrong and right.
It may shock you to know this. But "leakers" tend to be people who live off of attention. Once they gain credibility from one true thing (i.e., Soul Calibur), they'll gain a reputation as someone to be trusted, and start making up their own BS about other games - like he has Smash.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah. The other post I liked about Samurai Shodown was not by him, but he commented below saying that it would be Samurai Shodown. Sorry for not being so clear.
Okay, I think it's clicked. Thank you.
I feel that was a prediction, but I'm sure we say that every time something crops up.

I would be just fine with Steve. I'd, however, be genuinely shocked if he didn't come alongside Banjo-Kazooie.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
My only concern with Steve would be how jarring he'd be visually, some might find it charming, but I feel like he'd stick out like a sore thumb. Like, there's not a lot of potential for personality with him, not even as much as with G&W and R.O.B., he's literally a blank slate because that's what he was designed to be. Maybe Sakurai and his team can make it work, they're magicians after all, but it's hard for me to imagine, if they can then I'm alright with his inclusion.
As controversial as this might sound, I think I'd be able to swallow Steve better than Bayo. His design is ugly, no disagreements there, but Steve has (or more specifically, Minecraft has) proven to be extremely iconic in the world of gaming. I feel like his inclusion would be justified, just not liked. Bayo though. She's comparatively niche to the rest of the third-parties, and her smexy raunchy personality just doesn't blend into Smash well at all. Not saying we can't go with more mature characters like Snake and Cloud, but Bayo is really pushing the limits. In a bad way.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Do you guys think Steve legit won the ballot (assuming he gets in)?
Nah, I know Minecraft is super popular, but I don't think the ballot was dominated by kids, who are the ones who'd primarily be voting for him. He might have done well, probably better than most around here realize, but I really don't think he outright won it.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
It may shock you to know this. But "leakers" tend to be people who live off of attention. Once they gain credibility from one true thing (i.e., Soul Calibur), they'll gain a reputation as someone to be trusted, and start making up their own BS about other games - like he has Smash.
It's a possibility for sure, like Loz18 and his teasing, but so far Verg hasn't steered us wrong so far regarding Smash.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What is the first thing you guys plan on doing once smash is out?

Outside of putting the game in the switch, my first plan is to go into smash and do 1v1 with link and kirby. I will be kirby and play hyrule castle ro simulate the first match i can remember from my time with smash64.

Then i will crack open classic with kirby.

And finally move to unlocking characters.

So excited.
Perhaps as a lil tribute to the SSB64 when I first played it, I'd go to the Classic Mode and plug in Kirby to clear it with - since it's going to have the same starting roster like 64 did. Old yet so far advanced all the same.

Probably after that I'd try to unlock the characters I have as Amiibo one by one (:ultroy::ultrobin:ultpeach::ultdiddy::ultrob::ultpacman::ultvillager::ultlucas::ultpit:), and move on Spirit Mode to get the rest, presuming that's the main way to unlock rest of the roster. At least a lil' adventure my very favorites from last Smash-games. :pimp:

Speaking which, I wonder if using the Young Link-amiibo from the Zelda Anniversary Amiibo-line lets you get him early too - since we're still down to some of the returning veterans getting their own Smash-amiibo. Hope the next Smash Direct talks about that at some point.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Steve being in would actually explain why Isabelle isn't a builder character despite the potential she had there with the Public Works projects being a major part of her New Leaf role.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Steve's game is worthy of representation in Smash for it's place in gaming history. Steve himself is about as exciting as stale bread and a dirty glass of water in terms of newcomer potential. He's a blank slate character who's made of literal blocks, and has no real animations. And it's not even like Animal Crossing where content from the game can be conjured into a creative moveset, because the whole game is just MORE blocks. You can't 'block' someone to death. There's no way Steve is playable. The best way to represent Minecraft is a stage, and that's likely what we'll get, if anything.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Stop acting like I'm an idiot who knows nothing of Vergeben.
Let me point out some MORE stuff he's gotten right.

-Dragonball FighterZ DLC
-The TMNT appearing in INJUSTICE 2
-Simon, Snake, Ridley, Isabelle, Ice Climbers, all correct, leaked by him

Don't tell me I need more to prove he's not just a one-off predictor with the fact that he PREDICTED THE FREAKING TMNT.

Come on dude. You're plugging your ears and acting like he's actually gotten any of his predictions about Smash wrong so far.
Guess what.

He hasn't.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hehheh~ I see.

(I tend to interpret some things wrong depending on the vagueness so had to ask to be sure.)

I made it in the woke of the Isaac-hype reaching it's peak back in the last Direct, but I felt like keeping there for the time being. :dr^_^:
[Isaac got a Valkyrie.]
[Isaac gave the Valkyrie to Garet.]

...that or...
[Isaac got a Valkyrie.]
[However, there is no room in the inventory, so Isaac threw the Valkyrie away as far as possible.]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom