• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
What if... let's say Mute City Melee has a huge visual overall and Sakurai wants to reveal that closer to release for reasons known only to the dev team(s).
It's a stage regardless, it doesn't cause as much hype as a character reveal, so there's no point in not revealing the rest of the stages.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So this could be our final roster...
How would Ya'll rate it from a Scale of 1 to 10?
:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool:
Ridley automatically makes it a 10/10 for me, but being a bit less hyperbolic I'd probably say 9/10. It mixes new with old, gimmicks with simplicity (yet to see Incineroar of course), humans with creatures, I like that despite it obviously being restricted in how many newcomers it can realistically add they still did a good job finding a great balance in a lot of areas.

Brawl is still the best newcomer roster, but I'd rank it alongside Melee's, and well ahead of Smash 4's. It could still get better too of course.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I'm just excited to speculate about what Spirits Mode is all about.
Same. If we can get a "near-Melee" game engine, we can get a "near-Brawl" single player mode and it's the most exciting reveal left for this game for me.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Mass Hysteria in an Online Forum
Also digging your signature.

It’s still in confirmation limbo. That’s the only important thing to know. We don’t know yet and people are trying to figure it out.
Really? I thought it was already seen on as not that strong already, but now it looks like it's become more credible than I heard from it before. Anybody could fill me in why? :dr-_-:

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Actually, this talk of sacrifices had me thinking.

In a game like Ultimate where Sakurai's philosophy seems to be sacrificing nothing and creating the most comprehensive Smash out of the 4, what's the most controversial "sacrifice"s that you personally would make to the game to get what you'd want?
A little late but...

Most controversial you say?

To obtain the two decade old dream of a playable Toad and Meowth? A Pokemon roster I'd give a damn about? To obtain the Waddliest of Dees, Gooey, Dixie Kong, Chibi-Robo, Isaac and several varied Zelda characters?

Sacrifice them All.png

Basically most of the roster.

You could maybe talk me out not pushing Falcon, Pit, Jr, Mac, Meta Knight, K. Rool and Shulk into the volcano, but yeah everyone else is going to meet the great Fungus Gods in the sky. Yes, I'd sacrifice Meta Knight for Bandana Dee. Come at me.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah sure but Ryu and Ken literally have different combo strings, and Ken doesn’t ever do Ryus F Smash as that was after they diverged.

It’ll be very weird to see Ken do anything SF4 related without all his uniqueness at that point, is more what I’m trying to get across.
You know... assuming Box Theory is true...

Ken might be #69 (as a semi-clone like Isabelle), and the Echo could be Medusa, Celica or Zack.

Of course, this is me playing Devil's Advocate. I still don't believe box theory.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
So this could be our final roster...
How would Ya'll rate it from a Scale of 1 to 10?
:ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool:
10/10 I got both Daisy and Isabelle, my most wanteds, plus a really nice surprise in Richter. My expectations were REALLY low after the dissapointement that was Smash 4 so i guess that helped.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Is CoroCoro even actually out yet? It usually leaks first and gets released days later..they still have time for a correction.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Real talk if you claim you're still excited for Ultimate after this theory you're lying to yourself
Oh yeah, because Incineroar and Ken being the only ones left actually removes Ridley, K. Rool, Inkling, Dark Samus, Snake, and Pokémon Trainer from the game, along with the ability to play HD Smash on the go.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Real talk if you claim you're still excited for Ultimate after this theory you're lying to yourself
Uh... I can't even describe how strongly I disagree with this sentiment. I would be excited for Ultimate even if it were released with only the current roster.

D

Deleted member

He's fought weirder things in MvC like that eye thing with tentacles. the weird yellow floating head, Amaterasu and Rocket Raccoon
Gotta love that all those weirdo characters (M.O.D.O.K., Shuma-Gorath, Ammy) were all too cool for Infinite, except Rocket. At least Ryu still gets to punch symbiotes and space tyrants.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I'm going to be very honest.
The Smashdown theory, while mathematically right have two Issue...Like
>How does it work if you decide to put some echoes with their main characters in a single spot
>What happens if there a DLC
>Is it perhaps a number of Round won? Or until it's mathematically Done?

I think we did debate this a long time ago, when the mode was announced, and how using this as a proof isn't really a good way to determine the numbers of remaining characters.

And as for the SE reps. While I would be really happy that a game ACTUALLY end with a bang... I'm weirdly not optimistic for Geno...Like, I think he have 60% with the 40% being a DQ rep like Eldrick or VIII Hero for whatever reason and in my heart Sora is at 100%

Like sure, he have the Mii costume, everyone is here and stuff like that for him buuuuut... In the hypothesis that the SE Rep is DLC, I believe they would push someone more famous...Y'know, like Ryu/Cloud back in Smash 4 instead of a """"""Niche""""" for the wide audience like Geno
If the SE rep is Base Game, it's Geno.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If that's the final roster 11/10.

Including Ridley and K. Rool is a 10/10, and everyone else is just sweet sweet icing on the cake.

Assuming Ken's in that's just a cherry on top.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
We have the largest roster, stage selection and ost collection yet, that's without counting the myriad of modes that we already know that exist. Plus there is still stuff to unveil yet.

Even if the box theory is true, I still will be inmensely hyped. And I think most people as well. So no need to be lowkey rude about it.

D

Deleted member

Man, another day, another glance at SmashBoards. Before I probably cry in the shower if I finish Torna: The Golden Country, lets see how people are handling the fact CoroCoro leaked the stage number and Box--

...Oh.
...More theories.

WOAH NELLY.png

Pakky

Smash Hero
Man, another day, another glance at SmashBoards. Before I probably cry in the shower if I finish Torna: The Golden Country, lets see how people are handling the fact CoroCoro leaked the stage number and Box--

...Oh.
...More theories.

View attachment 164967
Curse you...

I too like him now, why have you done this to me?

D

Deleted member

...Oh.
...More theories.

View attachment 164967
I have a theory that the human mind is made of two parts. One part good, and the other part evil. And through the use of drugs, we could suppress the evil nature, leaving only the good.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Also digging your signature.

Really? I thought it was already seen on as not that strong already, but now it looks like it's become more credible than I heard from it before. Anybody could fill me in why? :dr-_-:
Oh man. Hopefully I don't miss anything important. I have explained it a lot. Lol

Okay, so the most important thing is the spacing of characters. If you look at the character order, they show them in groups of 9.
So, Luigi to Shiek is 9 characters in their proper order of appearance as per the official numbering. Then it skips nine and starts again at the next 9 after the skipped 9 and so on.
That means 36 fit on that side.

That leaves 36 spaces for the other side(assuming that is what is happening).

However, in between the group ending with Mii Fighters and the group beginning with Corrin, there are only 8 known characters who go there as we see from the official numbering order.

Why is that space there? What could fit there? It’s possible that it’s an echo and only an echo if it is any character at all. Otherwise, it breaks it’s own pattern.

Ryu is in that group and Vergeben has said Ken is definitely in since then.

It isn’t proven, but it’s credible enough to keep in mind until definitely proven right or wrong.

Edited on the 9th line to change “skilled” to “skipped”

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Gotta love that all those weirdo characters (M.O.D.O.K., Shuma-Gorath, Ammy) were all too cool for Infinite, except Rocket. At least Ryu still gets to punch symbiotes and space tyrants.
Btw, wouldn't Ryu see Amaterasu as a regular dog, since he's a (mostly) regular human?

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post - Spam
In the hypothesis that the SE Rep is DLC, I believe they would push someone more famous...Y'know, like Ryu/Cloud back in Smash 4 instead of a """"""Niche""""" for the wide audience like Geno
Cup Noodles for Smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
I have a theory that the human mind is made of two parts. One part good, and the other part evil. And through the use of drugs, we could suppress the evil nature, leaving only the good.
Which part makes me feel fat after eating a whole pizza?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Correction it’s if it’s the final roster which I don’t believe one bit

I will give it a 10/10 :ultridley::ultkrool: is all that was needed left to make it my dream roster
are what I need to make it my dream roster;
are close seconds, but have complications (Tifa is competing with characters like Geno and Digimon would be a new franchise in an already ludicrously wide-spread game).

In terms of characters already in the game: :ulttoonlink::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultmarth::ultroy::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultcloud: make up the Dream Roster for me).
Also one thing I’d love to see in spirits is

:ultsonic::ultlink::ultcloud: And :ultmegaman: all snowboarding with each other in a cutscene.
You... you... darn you, Jedi.
Yeah that was low even for me, sorry.

So, another leak just appeared:

Thoughts?
See above.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah that was low even for me, sorry.

So, another leak just appeared:

Thoughts?
Why would we have TWO directs in the same month? Idk, has that ever been done?

No Incineroar or Ken, so I'm tempted to call fake, but at the same time...wasn't there a Smash Direct leak around the 24-26th that said Heihachi and Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia?

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon got a link to said leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom