• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'm trying to see if my theory on one of this site's trophies is true...
You're trying to work out the "Only the best is good enough" trophy, aren't you?

The requirements of that trophy will forever be a mystery to all but the Admins.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
Verge shifts his narrative frequently depending on what his sources say. I'm taking this with a grain of salt since he said he's waiting to hear back from his sources, but I'll admit it gives me a bit of pause.

Seems sort of odd timing to be like "oh btw Square character probably isn't in the base game."
Verg (or his "sources") have always been full of BS since day one.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, that's his baseless prediction, anyway. ;)
Eh?

Ken and Incineroar are from his sources. He isn't predicting people.

Are you really going to say Verge doesn't have information, NOW of all times?

EDIT:

Yeah you are...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Even though he has yet to claim a character incorrectly?

The fact that he received conflicting information on Isabelle being an echo or not only adds fuel to the fire IMO - the fact that she seems to be a semi-clone could easily cause confusion and contradiction.

Shroob

Sup?
And until he ****s up in Smash, which he hasn't yet, he should be treated as legit with a heavy dose of skepticism.

Like, don't be one of those "GEMATSU WAS FAKE!" people until Verg gets his Shulk moment.

Dandelionel

Smash Apprentice
I mean, leaking Simon is no small feat. And he hasn't been wrong yet. I dislike Verg for being full of himself on reddit but at least the dude has been legit with Smash

Last edited:

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah sorry, I don't believe only 2 characters left to reveal with 3 months til release. That's way too few.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
And if Ken and Incineroar are in?

What do you say then?
Then I say that the box theory was right. People have been guessing Ken and Incineroar from the box theory alone, and Verg just jumped on that bandwagon 20 minutes ago - now everyone's already treating him as if he just predicted those two out of nowhere. He follows speculation and goes with what seems most likely, that's all.

Last edited:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
So Vergeben is confident that Incineroar is the Gen 7 Pokemon now. If there are additional fighters, it means at the very least Incineroar and Ken will probably be confirmed in the near future (probably some time in October).

As for the second Square-Enix character, my gut and speculation tells me Geno (Sakurai personally said he wanted him playable back during Brawl). The only other possibility would be a character to represent Dragon Quest. Its possible that his one source telling him the Square-Enix character is simply aware of the first DLC fighter.

Regardless, set your expectations as Ken and Incineroar as being the final two fighters, that way if there are more, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah sorry, I don't believe only 2 characters left to reveal with 3 months til release. That's way too few.
If we're not getting a Direct until November, define 'too few'.

September is almost over and October is probably a dead zone. 2 new characters in one month isn't 'too few'.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Then I say that the box theory were right. People have been guessing Ken and Incineroar from the box theory alone, and Verg just jumped on that bandwagon 20 minutes ago - now everyone's already treating him as if he just predicted those two out of nowhere. He follows speculation and goes with what seems most likely, that's all.
Verge has been saying Ken and Incineroar for more then a month, dude.

Shroob

Sup?
Then I say that the box theory was right. People have been guessing Ken and Incineroar from the box theory alone, and Verg just jumped on that bandwagon 20 minutes ago - now everyone's already treating him as if he just predicted those two out of nowhere. He follows speculation and goes with what seems most likely, that's all.
.........Dude, people were guessing Ken and Incineroar DUE to Verg.

StormC

Smash Hero
Verge has been saying Ken and Incineroar for weeks. Try again.

D

Deleted member

If anything that Verge guy didn't confirm it'd be Ken and Incineroar left, otherwise he wouldn't have said "at the very least". We still need that Square rep, after all. I think a good question to ask him is if he knows that there are officially 108 stages now.

Calane

Smash Ace
Well, I guess that's it then. I'm just going to prepare for disappointment from here on out.

I'm happy for fans of Ken and Incineroar, though.

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
If we're not getting a Direct until November, define 'too few'.

September is almost over and October is probably a dead zone. 2 new characters in one month isn't 'too few'.
Why do people keep assuming October is a "dead zone"? It'll probably have a reveal trailer.

Verge has been saying Ken and Incineroar for more then a month, dude.
Verge has been saying Ken and Incineroar for weeks. Try again.
He just claimed Incineroar 25 minutes ago, lads. Before that, he just claimed it was a Gen 7 pokemon that wasnt Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu. That's a pretty wide margin mate.

And he's claimed Ken since Richter (who he didn't predict, btw) was revealed. Any regular joe could predict Ken after third-party echoes are confirmed to become a thing.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Cyndane at least gave me a hint...
I'm interested in what that trophy entails myself...

It's obviously not "Have all your mains be the same", because otherwise people like you would have gotten it.
It's not "Have at least one top tier character among your mains" because otherwise I would have gotten it weeks ago.

I'd imagine it would be something like "Have all the top tier characters as your main for over a day" or something... but then I've seen people claim they've gotten the trophy with Bowser among their mains, so I don't know what to think.

D

Deleted member

OH SNAP! JOE'S HERE?
Oh ****. Okay, if Serebii is here, then I don't think we need Vergeben to see if the Box Theory is dead or not. Those last five stages are going to be the determining factor for the roster, no doubt.

Shroob

Sup?
Why do people keep assuming October is a "dead zone"? It'll probably have a reveal trailer.

He just claimed Incineroar 25 minutes ago, lads. Before that, he just claimed it was a Gen 7 pokemon that wasnt Decidueye, Lycanroc, or Mimikyu. That's a pretty wide margin mate.

And he's claimed Ken since Richter (who he didn't predict, btw) was revealed. Any regular joe could predict Ken after third-party echoes are confirmed to become a thing.
You realize there was a leaked PM from Loz18 from like, July that said Incineroar.

I mean, we're not going to convince you otherwise, but if Keniroar is next, you better not be a Gematsu "HE GOT LUCKY" kind of guy.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He said Incineroar a while ago. Where were you?

So just because its easily predictable... it means its wrong?

What, do we not count him getting Isabelle or something? It's still something he'd get right.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Verge shifts his narrative frequently depending on what his sources say. I'm taking this with a grain of salt since he said he's waiting to hear back from his sources, but I'll admit it gives me a bit of pause.

Seems sort of odd timing to be like "oh btw Square character probably isn't in the base game."

he doesnt really say that though. he says his source for the square character is generally RIGHT.

Again, as ive pointed out my last few posts: ken/incineroar/geno ending us at #70 instead of #69 in a game where the put emphasis on numbering the fighters, fitting with vergeben, leaving a hype ballot choice for the end (geno, the only Mii costume with newcomer splash art), AND only going against the box theory in that the FINAL character has to be on the back actually makes way more sense then ending with only 2 more.

yes geno bias from me, geno bias to the max, but legit it makes more sense right now then going with "box theoy is right and also cut one of vergebens characters", especially now that vergeben just said his "square rep" source is " someone who's never had a habit of being wrong. "

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm interested in what that trophy entails myself...

It's obviously not "Have all your mains be the same", because otherwise people like you would have gotten it.
It's not "Have at least one top tier character among your mains" because otherwise I would have gotten it weeks ago.

I'd imagine it would be something like "Have all the top tier characters as your main for over a day" or something... but then I've seen people claim they've gotten the trophy with Bowser among their mains, so I don't know what to think.
I just got the trophy. It's probably that you have to have MOST of your mains top tier...

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
You realize there was a leaked PM from Loz18 from like, July that said Incineroar.

I mean, we're not going to convince you otherwise, but if Keniroar is next, you better not be a Gematsu "HE GOT LUCKY" kind of guy.
"Loz18"

We're talking about Verg. Come back when you've actually read my posts.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
he doesnt really say that though. he says his source for the square character is generally RIGHT.

Again, as ive pointed out my last few posts: ken/incineroar/geno ending us at #70 instead of #69 in a game where the put emphasis on numbering the fighters, fitting with vergeben, leaving a hype ballot choice for the end (geno, the only Mii costume with newcomer splash art), AND only going against the box theory in that the FINAL character has to be on the back actually makes way more sense then ending with only 2 more.

yes geno bias from me, geno bias to the max, but legit it makes more sense right now then going with "box theoy is right and also cut one of vergebens characters", especially now that vergeben just said his "square rep" source is " someone who's never had a habit of being wrong. "
If a Square character is happening for DLC, it is admittedly something they'd need to know months in advance.

"Loz18"

Wow you are out of the loop son. Loz leaked a PM WITH Verge.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
72 characters works perfectly for Smashdown(specifically for base game)

Box Theory corroborates with 72 characters as well as Ken and Incineroar, which makes 72.
And those are the only two characters that Verg sources fully agree with.

But Geno is AT LEAST looking like he’s likely for very first DLC drop(so maybe free like Mewtwo).

If 103 stages is the final answer for base game, Ken and Incineroar don’t clash with that.

Opposing Box Theory and 72 characters, we have the CoroCoro claim of 108 stages. But we don’t know for sure that it isn’t a mistake.

Team “Sad to say Box Theory has the most evidence”

MrSmashFour

Smash Journeyman
He said Incineroar a while ago. Where were you?

So just because its easily predictable... it means its wrong?

What, do we not count him getting Isabelle or something? It's still something he'd get right.
No. Just because it's easily predictable, it's easily predictable. If someone guesses an easily predictable character, we shouldn't immediately worship them as the one true leaker, because the character was easily predictable. If they predict something crazy, like Wii Fit Trainer, then yes, they're clearly legit - but not in this case.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
"Loz18"

Dude, you are the one who needs to read and learn.
That message was a PM between Vergeben and Loz18 about their sources, but Loz18 being a troll just posted it to the pubblic.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Cyndane at least gave me a hint...
I got that trophy six months after I stopped posting on the site, after all the DLC for Smash 4 was released, when all my mains were Toon Link, lol.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No. Just because it's easily predictable, it's easily predictable. If someone guesses an easily predictable character, we shouldn't immediately worship them as the one true leaker, because the character was easily predictable. If they predict something crazy, like Wii Fit Trainer, then yes, they're clearly legit - but not in this case.
Is the double team of Ridley and Simon not enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom