• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"Okay Sakurai, we have a bit of time left. We can either make Zelda a viable character for the first time in Smash history, or just copy-paste her moveset and give the fans 2 bad characters"
I said it was disgusting because of how clearly its just photoshopped. Hilda's a decent twist villain.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
KI:U is also anti-lefty?
It just felt unnatural to play Kid Icarus Uprising.

I had to use my left hand to move Pit around with the circle pad and press the shoulder button to shoot. I had to use my right hand to hold the stylus to aim and move the camera.

And changing the controls around to where I hold the stylus with my left hand doesn't help much considering moving Pit around with ABXY buttons felt unnatural.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
KI:U is also anti-lefty? Good, I needed another reason to avoid that series like the plague.
I think that's more of an issue with the 3DS's design then a fault of Uprising itself. It's anti-lefty for the same reason Dillon's Rolling Western is, but at least Uprising tries to compromise by allowing you to move with a/b/x/y, even if it is a sloppy solution.

D

Deleted member

Newcomers I am expecting are either Shadow, Geno or Skull Kid.
All three are popular and have good evidence.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Norio Wakamoto?

Oh boy! Cell's in you guys!

Shroob

Sup?
1 is Skull Kid
2 is Isaac
4 is Incineroar/Decidueye, Alolan starters evolve at 34.
6 is Black Shadow, Norio Wakamoto voices him

Dunno the rest.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I actually really do not want to see an Uprising port. It was a game built around a specific control scheme amd I really can't imagine playing it without touch controls. I don't think even motion controls could replicate the ammount of precision a touch screen provides. Maybe I'm biased but I'd rather see an entirely new game built from the ground up.
You could still play it with touch controls when the switch is undocked though

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Before tomorrow's direct, here's a question for ya; what minor elements do you miss in Smash? I think Captain Falcon's launch and KO voice clips were among the funniest things in the franchise, and I would adore it if they were to come back.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
1 is Skull Kid
2 is Isaac

Dunno the rest.
A comment in the link says the first letter of the metadata of each spells out “Louie is in.”

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
7 references to Kazooie who is a Breegull (fictional bird) and goes “bree!”

I’m sure of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

KMDP KMDP
I think the conservation may have started when I mentioned there should be more Zelda reps in Ultimate, but I'm not sure.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Interesting. As clearly fake as these always end up being, I find it kinda fun to solve these kinda puzzles. Let's see...

1. Skull Kid (Obvious)
2. Either Issac or Shantae, probably Issac (Genie/Djinn)
3. ???
4. Isabelle
5. ???
6. Black Shadow (His VA)
7. ???
8. Geno ("I serve... a Higher Authority.")
9. Phoenix Wright (Power of Words, MvC3 has him literally attack with words.)

KMDP

Smash Legend
I expect skullkid

Id prefer lloyd or sepiroth or shantae
: I will never be a memory.
1 is Skull Kid
2 is Isaac

Dunno the rest.
"Mike"... is probably Mike Jones of StarTropics?
"Bree" is... Banjo and Kazooie, I think. (It's the sound Kazooie makes, also she's a "Breegull" or something)
"Higher Authority" is Geno.

Lost on the rest.
Here's hoping tomorrow isn't the last day for my Natsuki avvy
Hopefully, Natsuki doesn't turn into a box.

Last edited:

Essora

Smash Cadet
Man, seriously. Lately, the more I've been practicing and playing Smash 4, the less I like Smash 4 and the more ready I am to dump hours and hours into Ultimate. Anyone else feeling the same way?

Shroob

Sup?
Interesting. As clearly fake as these always end up being, I find it kinda fun to solve these kinda puzzles. Let's see...

1. Skull Kid (Obvious)
3. ???
4. Isabelle
5. ???
6. Black Shadow (His VA)
7. ???
How do you get Isabelle from 34?

.......wait, don't answer that.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I'd be cool with Saria being in. I think any Zelda rep that isn't a triforce user at this point would be cool. I'd take Rauru if that's what we got, or even your uncle from ALttP.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The "power of words" could be referencing Maxwell from Scribblenauts.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man, seriously. Lately, the more I've been practicing and playing Smash 4, the less I like Smash 4 and the more ready I am to dump hours and hours into Ultimate. Anyone else feeling the same way?
I've been done with Smash 4's gameplay since a month after Bayonetta's release.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, aside from a Smash annoucement, what else is everyone hoping for in the Direct? I've already mentioned a Link's Awakening remake, but I also wish we could get some new info on other Switch titles, specifically Metroid Prime 4, Shin Megami Tensei 5, and Bayonetta 3.
Maybe I'm weird, but I'm actually kinda excited to hear what's up on the 3DS side of the announcements. I'd also like to hear what the mysterious remaining first-party 2018 games are.

Just gonna say not to get your hopes up for Persona ports:
The last time any sort of Atlus representative has said anything about porting mainline Persona to other consoles is this:

It seems the most any other console is getting will be relegated to spinoffs like Persona Q
Someone from SEGA made a comment more recently, which "confirms" that it's never going to happen, though the other game they were claiming would never be ported (Yakuza 0) was ported to the PC this year. BlazBlue Cross-Tag Battle is great on Switch though, so a hypothetical Persona 5 Arena seems to be a pretty safe bet for the system.

@tehponycorn @TheYungLink
Cool! It's awesome to see more fans of this series! So, what are your favorites? Mine's IV. I loved everything about that game, from it's atmosphere, to is gameplay (minus the map), to it's godlike music.
EDIT: I'd also like to know your's too, Idon Idon
Hi! I'm also here and talk MegaTen sometimes. I'm weird and liked SMTIVA the most - it defied a lot of traditions ("Let's just give the game a good ending!"), but I loved the characters.

If Joker gets in I hope we get Akechi as an echo. That'd be so out of left field and pretty funny.
I've heard this a few times, but I dunno how that would work given how they have different weapons and personae, which would likely require different hit boxes?

D

Deleted member

Honestly, if I had to pick a Zelda rep at my choice, I'd go with Skull Kid.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Do we?

Saria's a pretty happy-go-lucky person. She only really becomes sad when Link leaves Kokiri Forest, which is totally understandable; also, becoming a Sage, presumably via Death, is a pretty heavy burden for someone with the mentality of a child.

Like I said, her first word in the game is "Yahoo!" with a big happy smile on her face.
I'd argue the smile is a facade, a shield she puts up to protect herself and Link from the truth that the game implies she's been aware of the entire time.

Oh, you're leaving...

I knew...that you would leave the forest...someday, Link...
Because you are different from me and my friends... But that's OK,
because we'll be friends forever...won't we?
This is the Sacred Forest Meadow.
I feel... This place will be very important
for both of us someday. That's how I feel.

She's known all along they were destined to be separated, because Link could never stay in the forest forever. Later on it's revealed she's in love with him, so she's not just cursed with the knowledge her friend would leave her, she's cursed with the knowledge the person she loves would leave her.

I made a promise to Saria... If Link came back, I would be sure to tell him
that Saria had been waiting for him... Because Saria...really... liked...

And, of course, Saria's final words to Link.

Because it is destiny that you and I can't live in the same world.

Saria will always be...your friend...

This is some heavy subtext for a kid's game. It's part of why I love the game so much. There's a lot more going on than most people give the game credit for.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'd be cool with Saria being in. I think any Zelda rep that isn't a triforce user at this point would be cool. I'd take Rauru if that's what we got, or even your uncle from ALttP.
Vaati isn't a Triforce wielder. :b:
The "power of words" could be referencing Maxwell from Scribblenauts.
This is true.
---
Anyway, I've gotta go. It's... late over here, let's just say that. *cough*5AM*cough**

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Before tomorrow's direct, here's a question for ya; what minor elements do you miss in Smash? I think Captain Falcon's launch and KO voice clips were among the funniest things in the franchise, and I would adore it if they were to come back.
Japanese Marth and the possibility of Ike never saying "I fight for my friends." ever again.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

1. Skull Kid (Obvious)
3. ???
4. Isabelle
5. ???
6. Black Shadow (His VA)
7. ???
I wasn’t sure when I saw it but yeah definitely fake.

I’m guessing
1. Skull Kid
2. Shantae since she is an actual genies unlike those in golden sun
3. Maybe a robot character. Labo robot maybe? I see some people saying Dante.
4. Isabelle
5. ..... Donphan?
6. Black shadow sounds resonable
7. Gandalf?
8. Geno
9. Lol no clue. Jesus?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Okay how exactly are people getting Isabelle out of the number 34?

Is there something I'm missing here? Alolan starters evolve at "Level 34".

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
KMDP KMDP
I think the conservation may have started when I mentioned there should be more Zelda reps in Ultimate, but I'm not sure.
That's a good idea, we certainly wouldn't want to lose anymore Zelda characters!
Okay how exactly are people getting Isabelle out of the number 34?

Is there something I'm missing here? Alolan starters evolve at "Level 34".
How is Isabelle related to the number 34, you ask? Whatever you do, just don't search "Isabelle 34" online...

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think Saria is genuinely happy when she's able to be around Link, but as you said, she probably always knew they'd eventually have to part.

I was also going to bring up that (were Saria a normal Kokiri) when Link leaves the forest, she'd believe he's going out into that field to die.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been done with Smash 4's gameplay since a month after Bayonetta's release.
I almost feel ashamed of myself to say I like Bayonetta in general because of how she is Smash 4.

Maybe I'm weird, but I'm actually kinda excited to hear what's up on the 3DS side of the announcements. I'd also like to hear what the mysterious remaining first-party 2018 games are.

Someone from SEGA made a comment more recently, which "confirms" that it's never going to happen, though the other game they were claiming would never be ported (Yakuza 0) was ported to the PC this year. BlazBlue Cross-Tag Battle is great on Switch though, so a hypothetical Persona 5 Arena seems to be a pretty safe bet for the system.

Hi! I'm also here and talk MegaTen sometimes. I'm weird and liked SMTIVA the most - it defied a lot of traditions ("Let's just give the game a good ending!"), but I loved the characters.

I've heard this a few times, but I dunno how that would work given how they have different weapons and personae, which would likely require different hit boxes?
Cool! Yeah, I haven't seen a whole lot of MegaTen fans that like SMTIVA. It's almost like a lot of people aren't that big on the 3ds SMT games. Which is a shame, because IV imo was amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom