• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Does Chibi-Robo count as a WTF character? I desperately want that robo boy in.
He'd be on the same plane as wanting a Mother character because if people saw him they'd go "wait isn't that a dead series?"

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I've reached a state of pure tranquility. A nirvana borne from the hellish state this forum is burning in. I have achieved enlightenment from the trials given to us all.
Nothing is lost, nothing is delayed. We were never meant to get the direct last week. It was all a test, forced upon us by a higher power to evaluate us and discover our true potential. The next stage of human evolution is upon us, and with it we will know all that the universe has to offer. We can experience all that we desire. Your most wanted newcomer? They're in. Your life? Spent living in a perfect utopia. That girl you've got a crush on? She feels the same way about you.

Anything is possible with this transcendence. Please, brothers, join me, become enlightened with me. He is waiting for us, and it would be in our best interest to join Him soon.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like it's impossible to come up with a character that absolutely nobody in this community's predicted. Since Smash 4 and especially the Smash Ballot, I'm sure every Nintendo series has been brought up at some point for adding a character into Smash.

monadoboy

Smash Lord
I'd love to see the reaction if there is no Smash news in the Direct. The entitlement's hilarious.
I think it's more that there's very little time between now and release than entitlement.
It wouldn't make sense for Nintendo to skip a chance to remind people of their biggest Holiday game with less than 3 months remaining.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
A WTF character would totally be something like The Prince from the Katamari series

...and Billy Hatcher would be his echo fighter.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I've reached a state of pure tranquility. A nirvana borne from the hellish state this forum is burning in. I have achieved enlightenment from the trials given to us all.
Nothing is lost, nothing is delayed. We were never meant to get the direct last week. It was all a test, forced upon us by a higher power to evaluate us and discover our true potential. The next stage of human evolution is upon us, and with it we will know all that the universe has to offer. We can experience all that we desire. Your most wanted newcomer? They're in. Your life? Spent living in a perfect utopia. That girl you've got a crush on? She feels the same way about you.

Anything is possible with this transcendence. Please, brothers, join me, become enlightened with me. He is waiting for us, and it would be in our best interest to join Him soon.
What does this say. I can't read im gay

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Mona is a good wildcard choice for Smash, she has yet to been seen in the game so its likely if we are to get another Warioware character especially considering everybody loves the Mona Pizza theme.. And Warioware Gold just came out recently so she could promote that so Wario can make more money

View attachment 162921

One more thing worth mentioning, the storyline of Warioware Gold is literally Wario hosting a "Smash tournament" with his micro games.
Not to mention that as one of the older WW characters, it would make sense to add her first.

She might be the WTF character?
How apt, given her Microgames tend to be on the odder side of things.

With Mario 3 getting 2 songs so far in Smash Ultimate, and both being based on castle themes.

I wonder if Mario 3 is finally getting a stage - And a Bowser's castle stage at that.
Wouldn't hold my breath on that, but it'd be a nice surprise.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
lol yes please! Wasn't her game Japan only as well?
The solution is simple. Japan gets Ayumi. The other continents get Kyle
01.jpg

i think his name is kyle i dont remember i havent played hotel dusk in years

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I like the term “WTF” cause it’s hilarious and fitting to seeing a character you never expected or was even possible as fighter (The G&W games being made into a single original character or a fitness NPC avatar being in a major AAA fighting title)

It’s not hard to calculate unless you’ve been speculating and requesting Reckless Wiimote Guy since Brawl.

Otherwise my bad. :V

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm actually curious at what intensity the **** will hit the fan if there is no smash announcement in this direct, cause that would mean a few things for the number of newcomers
I'd imagine it would hit the fan so hard that it would instantaneously disintegrate.

As a more serious answer, If it does indeed come and go without any smash news whatsoever, I'd think all Smash Brothers-related forums will enter an era akin to an Apocalypse until the following week in which Smash news is actually revealed. Trolls will appear an an unprecedented rate and it will be hard to visit without almost physically feeling the rage and toxicity emanating from posts.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If we got a Mario 3 stage, an airship stage would make more sense than a castle

Iridium

Smash Hero
I feel like it's impossible to come up with a character that absolutely nobody in this community's predicted. Since Smash 4 and especially the Smash Ballot, I'm sure every Nintendo series has been brought up at some point for adding a character into Smash.
Unless we got this guy. :troll:

Seriously though, he really takes about a minute to move a short distance. How?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
You know, I've been thinking about Shadow being in Smash as of late. Assuming he's in, he'll definitely be an echo of Sonic, but I also kind of wish he had a unique moveset.

His appearance Sonic Battle has him perform a plethora of moves that'd fit well into Smash; but it'll never happen :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

If there's no info on Smash in this Direct, oh well. They'll be plenty of opportunities to talk about it later, not to mention it comes out in 3 months. I'm not too worried about it.

As for oddball characters, Smash doesn't really have anything like that? Every character in the game makes sense and is an acknowledgement of Nintendo history. The "Sakurai Pick" always seemed like one of those fan-made rules that doesn't actually exist to me, but eh, to each their own. :)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If I had a choice for an out of nowhere, totally unexpected character it'd be Mike Jones from StarTropics. Those games are ****ing great but it was a Japanese series that was made exclusively for western audiences, strangely enough, and was never picked back up after the NES. Out of all the characters that they could find that people would least expect he'd have to be #1. Plus, he's a cool character to boot with moveset potential AND he's from a brand new franchise that is just aching for a reboot.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok. So we seem to all be suffering here.

I get it.

So here’s a mindless but potential funny little game:

X reaction to the Smash Ultimate announcement (Inkling or E3 is ok)

Your reaction...
Smashboards reaction...
Greater Smash Communities reaction (reddit, FB, discord, etc)....
Non-Smash Fans but Nintendo Fans reaction...
Internet reaction...
Normies reaction...
Above posters reaction...
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal Fans reaction...
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite fans reaction....
Fake leakers reaction...

If applicable,
Your parents reaction...
Your siblings reaction...
Your pets reaction...
Your grandparents reaction...
Your significant others reaction...
Your best friend’s reaction...
Your close yet not best friend’s reaction...
Your classmates reaction...
That person who sits next to you in Math Class reaction...
Your crush’s reaction...
Your teacher’s reaction...
Your boss’s reaction...
Your co-worker’s reaction...
That person who serves you at Starbucks reaction...

According to you...

President Trump’s reaction...
Hillary’s reaction...
America’s reaction...
Japan’s reaction...
Nintendo’s reaction...
Miyamoto’s reaction...
Reggie’s reaction...
Sony’s reaction...
Capcom’s reaction...
Namco’s reaction...
Square’s reaction...
Shoen Jump’s reaction...
Microsoft’s Reaction...
Bethseda’s Reaction...
Blizzard’s reaction...
Hollywood’s reaction...
Conspiracy theorist’s reaction...
Infowar’s reaction...
Militant Feminist’s reaction...
Facebook’s reaction...
NASA’s reaction...
Target’s reaction...
Best Buy’s reaction...
Starbucks reaction...
White surpremecist’s reaction...
NFL fan’s reaction...
Conan O’Brian’s reaction...
Kanye West’s reaction...
Borat’s reaction...
Terminator’s reaction...
Spongebob’s reaction...
Spiderman’s Reaction...
Thanos’ Reaction...
Rick and Morty’s Reaction...
Vergeben’s reaction...

Waluigi’s reaction...

Feel free to pick and choose what you want to make a reaction to.

Don’t dissapoint me.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Goomba and Koopa, a duo more op than :ultrosalina:or:ulticeclimbers:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, although there's many one-shots that didn't get mentioned, but don't have a chance of being in regardless (like the Run Saber ninjas).

The solution is simple. Japan gets Ayumi. The other continents get Kyle
View attachment 162948
i think his name is kyle i dont remember i havent played hotel dusk in years
Then order the Japanese version you weeaboo, there's no region locks on the Switch. :061:
Why not both.JPG. This isn't Tekken.

On an additional note, the only characters this would remotely make sense to do so on at all is Ryuta and Agent J, and even then it'd still be a bit tactless.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
If I had a choice for an out of nowhere, totally unexpected character it'd be Mike Jones from StarTropics. Those games are ****ing great but it was a Japanese series that was made exclusively for western audiences, strangely enough, and was never picked back up after the NES. Out of all the characters that they could find that people would least expect he'd have to be #1. Plus, he's a cool character to boot with moveset potential AND he's from a brand new franchise that is just aching for a reboot.
I also kind of want him. In fact, Mike Jones was the other character I requested for a stock icon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom