• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Finally, it's about time!
;_;
I can't tell if your frowny face is due to the time of it or whether you realized its fake, but just incase, the twitter account this came from is "nirtendo'. Not Nintendo

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Don't expect Japanese magazines to feature information from the delayed direct. Nintendo's media team would've called these companies and worked with them if that info was going to release so soon. Reorganizing the media plan is probably what's taking Nintendo so long to announce when the direct will be.
Shhh...don’t crush thier hope.

That’s all they have.

Otherwise...

It becomes anarchy, mayhem, and ****posts.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
If they updated with Bowser that makes me think we're getting 1 unique newcomer in the direct but no more.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
The further in we get the more suspicious I become of there being no Smash announcement in the direct after all

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Not really. Both of Simon and King K. Rool's blog posts were posted on the same day.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Yeah Wario could use a partner too! Unfortunately Waluigi and Ashley couldnt make it, but still Mona has a chance!
Especially considering every character associated with Wario at some point got screwed over. (Waluigi, Toad, Bomberman, and Ashley.)

Ashely fans will probably be pissed tho...but yeah, I’m fine with Mona playable. Wario characters would be fine while not caring for them.

Who needs a direct when they're doing an orchestra concert!
Ninty you’re killing me....

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Actually yes Mona could be picked over Ashley, Mona was a mainstay Warioware employee since the first Warioware on GBA, Ashley was introduced in Touched so Mona always had the og character advantage.
Fair enough. But what makes you think WarioWare would get a second rep?

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I can't tell if your frowny face is due to the time of it or whether you realized its fake, but just incase, the twitter account this came from is "nirtendo'. Not Nintendo
It's because i know it's fake and it hurts me not to know anything about the Direct yet.

Everything here makes sense except the Pokemon, because of course Incineroar is playable over that other one.
I know...... in fact, I even expect most of that stuff to happen. But some of the other stuff....... well, it just seems a little too good to be true in some aspects. Probably should have made that more clear.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Oh SOAB, I've been dooped into believing fake Direct lies once again (Whoever is making these leaks, JUST PLEASE STOP THIS NONSENSE, IT'S NOT CHARMING OR CUTE)!

gloop898

Smash Cadet
My guess is if we don't get an announcement within 5 hours or so the direct is on Thursday. If it is announced it'll be on Tuesday.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You guys are so thirsty right now...holy crap.
It's to be expected; we had a date for a Direct, and now it's been delayed indefinitely (though for a completely understandable reason). Splatoon 2 datamining points to the Direct coming out this Thursday, but there's no way of knowing if that's accurate or just a placeholder.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
My character predictions for the next direct are Incineroar, Isaac, Skullkid, Mona, Gardevoir.

Echo predictions: Medusa, Hilda, Dixie, Felix, Dry Bowser.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Mona is a good wildcard choice for Smash, she has yet to been seen in the game so its likely if we are to get another Warioware character especially considering everybody loves the Mona Pizza theme.. And Warioware Gold just came out recently so she could promote that so Wario can make more money

View attachment 162921

One more thing worth mentioning, the storyline of Warioware Gold is literally Wario hosting a "Smash tournament" with his micro games.
Mona would be cool, but I'd prefer 9-Volt for the WarioWare rep.

Honestly though, I'd like ANY new WarioWare rep.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ooh, Nintendo's twitter tweeted twice (tw)in the last 10 minutes

About a Super Mario Orchestra and the Alchemist of Arland or something whatever that is

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I'm actually curious at what intensity the **** will hit the fan if there is no smash announcement in this direct, cause that would mean a few things for the number of newcomers

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I know...... in fact, I even expect most of that stuff to happen. But some of the other stuff....... well, it just seems a little too good to be true in some aspects. Probably should have made that more clear.
One thing that I think is for sure is Medusa being added as a echo, I believe it will happen!

Fair enough. But what makes you think WarioWare would get a second rep?
Not sure if we will or not, I guess thats why Mona is my wildcard prediction.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
A Little Game for you all to pass some time:

Choose ONE Character to join Smash from each company!

-Capcom
-Namco Bandai
-Square Enix
-Blizzard
-Riot Games
-Ubisoft
-Atlus
-SEGA
-Nintendo
-Valve
-Sony
-Microsoft
-Atari
-SNK
-Arc System Works
-BioWare
-NetherRealm
-Monolith Soft
-Platinum Games
-From Software
-Bethesda
-Rockstar
-Marvelous
-Naughty Dog
-Vicarious Visions
-Activision
Capcom - Phoenix Wright (Apollo Justice echo)
Namco - Dig Dug
Square - Sora
Blizzard - Tracer
Riot Games - Draven
Ubisoft - Rayman
Altus - Jack Frost
SEGA - Dr. Eggman
Nintendo - Dixie Kong
Valve - Chell
Sony - Kratos
Microsoft - Master Chief
Atari - Pitfall guy
SNK - Mai Shiranui
Arc System Works - Ragna the Bloodedge
BioWare - Big Daddy
NetherRealm - Scorpion
MonolithSoft - Rex & Pyra
Platinum Games - 2B
From Software - Solaire of Astora
Bethsuda - Vault Boy
Rockstar - Niko Bellic
Marvelous - Farmer (Story of Seasons/Harvest Moon)
Naughty Dog - Jak & Daxter
Vicarious Visions - Crash Bandicoot (Coco echo)
Activision - Spyro the Dragon

Here are some more ideas that were not listed:
Konami - Bill Rizer
Rare - Banjo & Kazooie
Insominac - Ratchet & Clank
Epic Games - Marcus Fenix
Treasure - Marina Liteyears
Mojang - Steve
Playtonic - Yooka-Laylee
Wayforward - Shantae
Artoon - Blinx the Timesweeper
Accolade - Bubsy
Team Meat - Meatboy
gaijin - Commander Video
Sumo Digital - Sack Boy

D

Deleted member

State of this thread right now

To add something relevant to discussion, I believe we'll be getting the blog posts that were supposed to go out after the ones from the Direct. We simply didn't get one Thursday due to an unexpected turn of events but they should have all been rescheduled by now.

gloop898

Smash Cadet
There's some discussion in the source gaming discord that Nintendo of America twitter unpinned their tweet about the delay.

Chrono.

I don't think it really means much what they do with the blog.

More likely than not the reason they didn't update last time probably was to re organize themselves. And even if they had a newcomer blog post or two down the pipeline for this week, it doesn't mean they didn't reschedule things during the weekend while they regrouped.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not do drag it up again, but the weirdest part of Mario representation is Wrecking Crew stage getting its own icon for some reason while Golden Hammer, which originate there, is still labeled Mario.
That is weird for the Golden Hammer to still be labeled as a Mario item, but I suppose they didn’t want to change it

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Welcome to a Super Smash "Satire" show
This episode; "A New Pokémon Rep"

(Names will be used on fans representing each Pokémon to make it easier to follow. Also I've created this out of boredom, and thought it was fun. Reminder that this is fully satire of the Smash fandom and the views on different Pokémon characters. It's all for fun. If you feel offended I feel sorry for you, it's satire, comedy. Please enjoy.)

It all started with one teaser for Smash Bros. The final name, no one knows, but the Inklings, regular Mario and Link's Breath of the Wild is at place. Who else could come to this potential port, or perhaps a brand new game?

The early consensus; "EVERY SMASH get's a new Pokémon, who to pick this time?"

Decidueye; "It's logic guys. Greninja equals water, and Charizard alone equals fire. We NEED grass now. Hell, you think Ivysaur and Squirtle is coming back? Come on ..."

Tapu Koko; "Dude ... That's Pokkén all over again. I think Sakurai want's to do his own thing, you know? Tapu Koko is both prominent in the games and in the anime!"

Incineroar; "Anime? Come on ... I can agree that it's redundent with that stupid owl, but you think the anime will affect this game? Forgot the originated in a video game kind of deal? If there is anything, it will be based on the games. When did the anime really resonate with Smash exactly?"

Mimikyu; "HOLD UP! Have you seen the success of the Anime? Mimikyu is ****ing badass! After joining Team Rocket, Mimikyu is soo the star of the show!"

Meowth; "But ... Meowth is the star of the anime. Stupid Mimikyu. Coming here stealing his spot after all these years ..."

Decidueye; "Hahaha ... Meowth is already a Pokéball Pokémon, he won't be playable. The anime does not mean ****, you get that? Also, the choice IS easy, I mean, look at how popular Rowlet is."

Incineroar; "You said it ... Rowlet. That's not you, Decidueye. Also, if we look at Greninja, the concept art for the fully evolved starters was pretty late revealed and you were not even the coolest out of them!"

Decidueye; "You wait and see. Coming E3, you will all see!"

Mimikyu; "You're putting too much stock into it, you stupid owl, same with you smelly cat. MIMIKYU has the popularity, both in the show and in merchandise, just look how he sells."

Incineroar; "This is stupid. I'll let you two handle this on your own ..."

Comes E3;

Mimikyu; "HAH SEE? Ivysaur is back. The whole Grass, Water and Fire starter seems quite dead now, right? It only points to Mimikyu being the star."

Decidueye; "I ... Uh ... Ehm."

Meowth; "What are you stuttering about? At least you're not deconfirmed ... AGAIN. Meowth blasting off again into the abyss."

Decidueye; "You're right ... It's not over yet. JUST YOU WAIT. Decidueye will come, I'm sure of it."

Tapu Koko; "See, Mewtwo! Awright, anime does matter!"

*Everyone just stares at Tapu Koko's ridiculous line*

That one Raichu fan; "You know ... Now with echoes, and Pichu being back, wouldn't it be cool if Rai--"

Everyone; "NO! GET LOST RAICHU."

*Raichu never spoke again*

Consensus after E3; "It's most likely Decidueye or Mimikyu. Both fanbases are fighting over who ''deserves it'' more. While Tapu Koko, Incineroar and everyone else are pretty much silent at this point"

Verg strikes again;

Mimikyu; "Oh No! This can't be right. Verg was only lucky with Ridley, and Snake, and everything ... BUT NOT THIS"

Decidueye; "Finally, something we can agree on. How stupid can he be? He should have known that I'm the logic answer."

Incineroar; "You see now? Seems like I was right all along to play the silent game, because, look who just might have come out on top! Hahahaha."

*Gardevoir & Gothitelle leak appears out of nowhere*

Everyone; "Alright, Gardevoir is quite popular, and she has not been seen as a Pokéball Pokémon yet, but Gothitelle? What the hell, this is some real bull**** right there ..."

*Everyone dismisses this for a while and keeps arguing*

Comes the Smash Direct;

Mimikyu; "I don't feel so good. I don't know what's happening. I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go. Please, I don't want to go."

Meowth from a distance; "So ... you liked the anime, huh?"

*Tapu Koko decides to leave for good after being witness to Mimikyu Pokéball Assist*

Decidueye; "Oh God ... Mimikyu. ****. It was a massacre, all by a snap of a finger. Incineroar, I'm sorry ... I- uh ... I got to go."

Incineroar; "So, it's just me left, huh? Guess I'm the cool cat after all."

Gothitelle; "Nu-uh honey. I'm still in the running, don't you know."

Sceptile; "Yo ... Uhm. Remember ORAS was released during the ballot? Sceptile might sneak inn as the unseen new rep."

Incineroar; "Oh boy ..."

And that ends this session of "Super Smash Satire".
Hope you didn't hate it, I'm sure you were not expecting it, but I thought it was fun either way.
I enjoyed it. I could also see Primarina looking down at them from a distance with a 'Most Popular Alola Starter' trophy/medal, and all she says is...

Primarina: "Soon you fools, soon *melodic maniacal laugh* wow, that sounded good I should make an album... in Smash." *laughs again*
Whoops, now I feel more than a little bit stupid, thanks though.
Additionally, I came up with a little game, you are put in charge of developing a new mod that takes [fill in the blank charecter] and makes them so completely overpowered there is no beating them. How, specifically, do you go about it with your favorite charecter?
I'll give two answers one for my top main, the other for my most wanted newcomers:

Sheik:
Her tilts does high damage, but low knockbacks, that easily convert into kill confirms

Smash attacks have no start up or end lag, and massive knockback.

Bouncing Fish can leap further, and has more damage and knockback.

Aerials all have insane knockback, except dair is now a command grab that deals heavy damage

Needles have no start up lag and unlimited range.

Soon after pressing Up B, by holding B and the control stick in any direction, you can teleport yourself next to your foe and position yourself above, below, in front or behind them, you can use the dair, command grab, or attack them, send them flying, and do it two more times before you fall, but not in free fall.

Elma:
Unlimited Ghostwalker, basically automatic evasion of all attacks

Maximum Overdrive: Basically buff Speed, jump, and Smash attacks x1000 with no drawbacks

The ability to summon and pilot her Skell mid game with a stamina counter of 1000, good luck.

Amaterasu:
Give her the Celestial Brush Technique to slow down time, any time, enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom