• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amageish

Smash Master
A Little Game for you all to pass some time:

Choose ONE Character to join Smash from each company!

-Capcom
-Namco Bandai
-Square Enix
-Blizzard
-Riot Games
-Ubisoft
-Atlus
-SEGA
-Nintendo
-Valve
-Sony
-Microsoft
-Atari
-SNK
-Arc System Works
-BioWare
-NetherRealm
-Monolith Soft
-Platinum Games
-From Software
-Bethesda
-Rockstar
-Marvelous
-Naughty Dog
-Vicarious Visions
-Activision
That's... a lot of third parties. Let's-a-go.

Capcom: Phoenix Wright
Namco Bandai: Lloyd
Square Enix: Geno
Blizzard: The Lost Vikings, I guess.
Riot Games: LoL is really the only option here... Apparently Tristana is the most popular champion from my limited googling, so I guess her?
Ubisoft: Rayman
ATLUS: Any Persona/SMT Protagonist. Take Your Pick.
SEGA: Arle
Nintendo: Isaac
Valve: Chell
Sony: Ratchet & Clank
Microsoft: Master Chief
Atari: Um... Pong... I guess...
SNK: Terry
Arc System Works: Noel
BioWare: Shepard
NetherRealm: Sub-Zero
Monolith: Elma for base game, with Rex/Pyra as DLC.
Platinum Games: Wonder-Red (who is a Nintendo IP, but still)
Bethesda: Dragonborn
Rockstar: John Marson
Marvelous: Any Story of Seasons Farmer. Take your pick.
Naughty Dog: Crash Bandicoot.
Vicarious Visions: Do they own any IP themselves? Uh, Tony Hawk, I guess
Activision: Spyro the Dragon

Professor Layton - Dude hasn't had a game in quite some time, especially since Level-5 has been working on Yokai Watch more recently
I saw Curious Villager counter the Layton point, but I'll throw my two cents in as well.

As mentioned, his series is still going on, with Layton's Mystery Journey, a new game starring his daughter Kat, in 2017 and an upcoming Switch port this year. The Professor himself is not in the base game, but he is mentioned a lot and appears in the associated anime. He's also still listed on Nintendo UK's character hub as a major franchise, before Kirby, Metroid, or Donkey Kong.

Also, while he didn't do super well on the ballot from the polls we've seen, it has been noted that the ballot also asked the gender of the voter (which one imagines they'd factor in when trying to maximize roster appeal), and Layton's playerbase is largely female (in fact, the newest game switched from the Professor as the protaginist to his daughter because of that). Plus, if we assume SSB4Dojo's results are within the ballpark of accuracy, then he polled better then any character from Resident Evil, Tales of, Frogger, SMT/Persona, Tekken, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, and Ninja Gaiden. His franchise is also bigger then one might think, as while sales data obviously isn't a major factor in Smash representation, it has sold 15 million units in total, which isn't anything to sneeze at for a DS/3DS exclusive puzzle game series.

The main disadvantage he has is that his games are no longer being localized by Nintendo, with Level-5 publishing Mystery Journey themselves and bringing it to cell phones in addition to the 3DS. He also has competition in terms of Yo-Kai Watch (who did poll considerably better then him in Japan), but that series has flopped super hard outside of Japan, and it appears that worldwide notoriety is still important for third parties.

I'm not expecting him to be in the game (or at least not playable), and he's still a bit of a pipe-dream, but I wouldn't be that quick to dismiss him.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm just going to put my top 5 for every smash game out there so you can get a basic idea of my favorite newcomers by smash game.

SSB:
:jigglypuff64: > :dk64: > :samus64: > :link64: > :kirby64:

SSBM:
:ganondorfmelee: > :peachmelee: > :bowsermelee: > :mewtwomelee: > :younglinkmelee:

SSBB:
:snake: > :sonic: > :pt: > :metaknight: > :wolf:

SSB4:
:4ryu: > :4cloud: > :4megaman: > :4bowserjr: > :4lucina:

SSBU:
:ultridley: > :ultsimon: > :ultkrool: > :ultchrom: > :ultrichter:
Oooo, let me try!!!

SSB:
:yoshi64: >>>>>>>>>> :luigi64: > :dk64: > :samus64: > :link64:

SSBM:
:yoshimelee: >>>>>>>>>> :luigimelee: > :zeldamelee: > :dkmelee: > :samusmelee:

SSBB:
:yoshi2: >>>>>>>>>> :luigi2: > :dedede: > :zelda: > :toonlink:

SSB4:
:4yoshi: >>>>>>>>>> :4shulk: > :4megaman: > :4luigi: > :4dedede:

SSBU:
:ultyoshi: >>>>>>>>>> :ultrichter: > :ultshulk: > :ultmegaman: > :ultluigi:
SSB: :link64: > :fox64: > :pikachu64: > :samus64: > :yoshi64: ( Zinith Zinith somehow sold me on Yoshi overall)

SSBM: :linkmelee: > :foxmelee: > :marthmelee: > :roymelee: > :mewtwomelee: (HM: :falcomelee::sheikmelee::younglinkmelee:)

SSBB: :link2: > :lucario: > :sonic: > :pit: > :toonlink: (HM: :metaknight::fox::marth::ike::falco:)

SSB4: :4link: > :4greninja: > :4lucario: > :4tlink: > :4sonic: (HM: :4mewtwo::4metaknight::4fox::4falco::4marth::4myfriends::4pikachu::4sheik::4feroy::4sheik::4myfriends::4megaman:. A lot, and even more, can go here.)

SSBU: :ultlink: > :ultgreninja: > :ultlucario: > :ultmewtwo: > :ulttoonlink: (HM: :ultpit::ultmarth::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultsimon::ultshulk::ultsheik::ultroy::ultmetaknight::ultike::ultcorrin::ultfox::ultfalco::ultpokemontrainer::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultyoshi::ultridley::ultpikachu::ultdarkpit:. As I said before, this could be my secondary list. I like a lot of characters at this point, and the newcomers might make the list larger).

I didn't get to play many Smash games, so I showed who I would have chosen.
I just do what I do :yoshi:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Since we all just exhausted every possible discussion topic, I’m reviving an old one since I thought it was fun and it’s almost time for scariest time of the year.

If we got Halloween costumes for characters, which ones do you want to see? This is only for confirmed newcomers. No limit. The whole cast or just one character.
To be honest I didn't understand the question until I saw other answers
:ultpikachu::ultpichu:-Raichu
:ultinkling:-A real squid
:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultroy:-all as each other
:ultfalcon:-Batman
:ultmegaman:-Astroboy
:ultyoshi:-Boshi
:ultolimar:-Astronaut
:ultgnw:-A piece of paper

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Finally, it's about time!

MOD EDIT: This is a fake.

;_;

Last edited by a moderator:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
5 minutes more and I'll go to bed. I was curious about if they were going to update or not, maybe the entries are planned several days before and the don't want to touch anything. Strange decision.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
You know...despite her lack of demand, Ashely being massively more requested, and not caring for a Wario newcomer.

I actually wouldn’t mind Mona being playable for Smash, she’s basically Wario’s Peach anyway.
Yeah Wario could use a partner too! Unfortunately Waluigi and Ashley couldnt make it, but still Mona has a chance!

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Mona is a good wildcard choice for Smash, she has yet to been seen in the game so its likely if we are to get another Warioware character especially considering everybody loves the Mona Pizza theme.. And Warioware Gold just came out recently so she could promote that so Wario can make more money

View attachment 162921

One more thing worth mentioning, the storyline of Warioware Gold is literally Wario hosting a "Smash tournament" with his micro games.
Ashley got the AT treatment, and would Mona get picked over Ashley?

TeamFlareZakk

Really wish they (Nintendo) would just announce something already or cancel the direct and have their trailers come out on the Youtube page like all the other recent announcements)!
Or just do a quick mini direct of Smash within the next few days

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
A Little Game for you all to pass some time:

Choose ONE Character to join Smash from each company!

-Capcom
-Namco Bandai
-Square Enix
-Blizzard
-Riot Games
-Ubisoft
-Atlus
-SEGA
-Nintendo
-Valve
-Sony
-Microsoft
-Atari
-SNK
-Arc System Works
-BioWare
-NetherRealm
-Monolith Soft
-Platinum Games
-From Software
-Bethesda
-Rockstar
-Marvelous
-Naughty Dog
-Vicarious Visions
-Activision
Capcom - Arthur [Ghosts 'n Goblins]
Namco Bandai - Heihachi [Tekken]
Square Enix - Erdrick [Dragon Quest]
Blizzard - Tracer [Overwatch]
SEGA - Kazuma Kiryu [Yakuza]
Nintendo - King Hippo [Punch-Out]
Sony - Sly Cooper [Sly Cooper]
Microsoft - Rash [Battletoads]
SNK - Terry Bogard [Fatal Fury]
Arc System Works - Kunio [River City Ransom]
NetherRealm - Sub-zero [Mortal Kombat]
Bethesda - Corvo Attano [Dishonored]

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
So Nintendo is tweeting again.

They've tweeted out about a Mario Orchestra and the Atelier games.

Good to see that they're at least back on again.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Mods feel free to delete this.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Since we all just exhausted every possible discussion topic, I’m reviving an old one since I thought it was fun and it’s almost time for scariest time of the year.

If we got Halloween costumes for characters, which ones do you want to see? This is only for confirmed newcomers. No limit. The whole cast or just one character.
Zombie Snake
Vampire Mario
Mummy Shiek
Succubus Peach
Clown Luigi
Yoshi in Knight Mail
Kaiju Donkey Kong
Dry Bowser
White sheet and two eye holes ghost Ridley
Rock Star Chrom
Fairy Zamus
Swamp Monster Greninja
Witch Hat Pikachu
Ninja Jigglypuff
Jack O Lantern Ice Climbers
Frankenstein Ganondorf

itsaxelol

Smash Ace
I bet this will be a character no one expects. Not Isaac, geno, incinerawr, skull kid. Not a character no one wants either, like banana waddle dee or or shantae

TeamFlareZakk

Ashley got the AT treatment, and would Mona get picked over Ashley?
Actually yes Mona could be picked over Ashley, Mona was a mainstay Warioware employee since the first Warioware on GBA, Ashley was introduced in Touched so Mona always had the og character advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom