• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A Little Game for you all to pass some time:

Choose ONE Character to join Smash from each company!

-Capcom
-Namco Bandai
-Square Enix
-Blizzard
-Riot Games
-Ubisoft
-Atlus
-SEGA
-Nintendo
-Valve
-Sony
-Microsoft
-Atari
-SNK
-Arc System Works
-BioWare
-NetherRealm
-Monolith Soft
-Platinum Games
-From Software
-Bethesda
-Rockstar
-Marvelous
-Naughty Dog
-Vicarious Visions
-Activision
I'm going to go semi-realistic here, going with major characters as opposed to including stuff like the Tank from Left 4 Dead.

-Capcom: Dante from the Devil May Cry series
-Namco Bandai: Heihachi from Tekken
-Square-Enix: Crono from Chrono Trigger
-Blizzard: Tracer from Overwatch
-Riot Games: I'm not overly familiar with League of Legends, (tried playing online once and it ended poorly) so I have no idea who's popular or important. In that case, I'll go with Vi, due to her giant robot hands.
-Ubisoft: Rayman
-Atlus: Yu Narukami from Persona 4, I guess? I know very little about Persona; I've played BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle and got Persona 5 through the PS3 sale, but I've been too busy with Kingdom Hearts to play the latter
-Sega: Dr. Eggman from Sonic
-Nintendo: Wonder Red from the Wonderful 101
-Valve: the Heavy from Team Fortress 2
-Sony: KNACK TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO just kidding; probably Ratchet and Clank. I haven't played their games, but they seem like a good fit
-Microsoft: Banjo and Kazooie
-Atari: Q*Bert? I'm not sure which properties Atari owned, if any, and Google isn't helping.
-SNK: Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters. I'd also be fine with Geese Howard or Rugal Bernstein, but there's no way they'd get in over Terry.
-Arc System Works: Ragna the Bloodedge from BlazBlue; I haven't played Guilty Gear yet.
-BioWare: Commander Shepard from Mass Effect.
-NetherRealm: Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat. Not as popular as Scorpion, but the crazy chicken/Bruce Lee noises would be hilarious
-Platinum Games: they don't really own anything that they've made, but Raiden from Metal Gear Rising
-From Software: I know almost literally nothing about their franchises, but I think there's a recurring character in one of the Dark Souls games with an onion helmet? That guy.
-Bethesda: Doomguy/the Doom Slayer, from Doom
-Rockstar: again, I know next-to-nothing about Rockstar's games. The only one that I've played is Red Dead Redemption, so John Marston?
-Marvelous: Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes
-Naughty Dog: Crash Bandicoot
-Vicarious Visions: this seems really redundant given the presence of Naughty Dog (VV mostly seems to have developed licensed games or Crash games), but I'll go with Spyro; I think he was in Skylanders
-Activision: now I'm assuming that you REALLY wanted everyone to list Crash Bandicoot. Since I've already listed him and Spyro, Activision doesn't seem to have much left that I have any interest in. Maybe Xavier Stone from Guitar Hero, since he's basically Jimi Hendrix.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm going to go semi-realistic here, going with major characters as opposed to including stuff like the Tank from Left 4 Dead.

-Capcom: Dante from the Devil May Cry series
-Namco Bandai: Heihachi from Tekken
-Square-Enix: Crono from Chrono Trigger
-Blizzard: Tracer from Overwatch
-Riot Games: I'm not overly familiar with League of Legends, (tried playing online once and it ended poorly) so I have no idea who's popular or important. In that case, I'll go with Vi, due to her giant robot hands.
-Ubisoft: Rayman
-Atlus: Yu Narukami from Persona 4, I guess? I know very little about Persona; I've played BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle and got Persona 5 through the PS3 sale, but I've been too busy with Kingdom Hearts to play the latter
-Sega: Dr. Eggman from Sonic
-Nintendo: Wonder Red from the Wonderful 101
-Valve: the Heavy from Team Fortress 2
-Sony: KNACK TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO just kidding; probably Ratchet and Clank. I haven't played their games, but they seem like a good fit
-Microsoft: Banjo and Kazooie
-Atari: Q*Bert? I'm not sure which properties Atari owned, if any, and Google isn't helping.
-SNK: Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters. I'd also be fine with Geese Howard or Rugal Bernstein, but there's no way they'd get in over Terry.
-Arc System Works: Ragna the Bloodedge from BlazBlue; I haven't played Guilty Gear yet.
-BioWare: Commander Shepard from Mass Effect.
-NetherRealm: Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat. Not as popular as Scorpion, but the crazy chicken/Bruce Lee noises would be hilarious
-Platinum Games: they don't really own anything that they've made, but Raiden from Metal Gear Rising
-From Software: I know almost literally nothing about their franchises, but I think there's a recurring character in one of the Dark Souls games with an onion helmet? That guy.
-Bethesda: Doomguy/the Doom Slayer, from Doom
-Rockstar: again, I know next-to-nothing about Rockstar's games. The only one that I've played is Red Dead Redemption, so John Marston?
-Marvelous: Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes
-Naughty Dog: Crash Bandicoot
-Vicarious Visions: this seems really redundant given the presence of Naughty Dog (they mostly seem to have developed licensed games or Crash games), but I'll go with Spyro; I think he was in Skylanders
-Activision: now I'm assuming that you REALLY wanted everyone to list Crash Bandicoot. Since I've already listed him and Spyro, Activision doesn't seem to have much left that I have any interest in. Maybe Xavier Stone from Guitar Hero, since he's basically Jimi Hendrix.
Pretty sure Sony Owns Q*Bert

D

Deleted member

Confirmed that neither CoroCoro or Famitsu will leak anything about the Direct.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Also, since most Final Smashes are cinematic/straightforward now, what if :ultpeach:’s new Final Smash became a cutscene where she forces her opponents into a tea party and them drinking the tea she made was revolting KOing them out of disgust? :laugh:

:ultdiddy:‘s will be probably be like :ultsonic: and :ultpikachu:/:ultpichu:‘s while :ultyoshi: keeps his dragon mode but turns it into a cutesy version of :ultridley:‘s or alternatively a simple beam attack.
10/10 would main Peach just for that alone

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that a new character is going to be revealed in CoroCoro. They almost never cover Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Really though. How much do you bet Game Freak would name Ditto's evolution Samesies?
Well, Lickitung's evolution is named Lickylicky... and we have a Pokemon named Seel. I don't think it'll get an evolution, but the name sounds right up the alley of badly uninspired.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Confirmed that neither CoroCoro or Famitsu will leak anything about the Direct.

Again, I trust Dustin with my life, but tread carefully saying it's full on confirmed.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ummm....

Last edited:
I found this leak:

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/430959934#p430960336

Good day everyone. I have insider information on Smash Ultimate. Here’s the information I have.
>Skull Kid is revealed in the Nintendo Direct. In his trailer Young Links Final Smash is revealed, a flurry of blows from Fierce Deity, like the Triforce Slash.Black Shadow is also revealed as a Captain Falcon Echo.
>Bandana Dee and Magalor are both in the game.
>Decidueye is in the game as a playable fighter, not Incineroar.
>Isaac is in the game with Felix as an Echo.
>Geno is in the game.
>The last newcomers that will be revealed are Banjo and Kazooie.
>The remaining echo fighters are Shadow, Ken, Isabelle, and Medusa.
>There is a Dry Bowser alternate skin for Bowser. It turns his neutral special purple.

>Spirits mode is a spiritual successor to Subspace Emissary. The levels are not original creations and take inspiration from characters’ worlds, like Melee’s Adventure Mode. I don’t have story details, as my source didn’t want to spoil it, but I was told it’s as good as Brawl’s and

>103 is not the final stage count.

>Chibi-Robo, Custom Robo are both assist trophies.

>Flamberge, Francisca, and Zan Partizanne are also one assist trophy.

>Stage Builder is back and is a lot better.

>Every character has their own Break the Targets stage. Board the Platforms does not return.

>Neither Smash Run nor Smash Tour are returning.

>Custom moves do not return, with the exception of the Mii Fighters. Medusa borrows some of Palutena’s custom moves from Smash 4, however.

I think it's real because it has both Bandana Dee and Magolor, my two most wanted newcomers.
SIGH..... Aside from the Custom moves not returning, I love everything about this "leak" to pieces and then some (and don't hate what I don't particularly care for). This would pretty much be my best timeline.

Just makes it hurt even more that it's probably not true.... (goes in corner to cry)

D

Deleted member

Since we all just exhausted every possible discussion topic, I’m reviving an old one since I thought it was fun and it’s almost time for scariest time of the year.

If we got Halloween costumes for characters, which ones do you want to see? This is only for confirmed newcomers. No limit. The whole cast or just one character.
Ooh, sounds fun.
Jigglypuff- Koffing Costume (Purple in color with a painted skull/crossbones on its back)
Mewtwo- Mecha-Mewtwo...or whatever his Armoured-clad self was called in the Pokemon movie
Bowser- Wedding Tuxedo (if it's not already in)
Cloud- Sephiroth mask and a long silver wig
Simon Belmont- Dracula costume (Long black cape, fake fangs, and white facepaint to look 'undead')
Ryu- Yamcha costume
Mega-man- Astroboy costume

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Mona is a good wildcard choice for Smash, she has yet to been seen in the game so its likely if we are to get another Warioware character especially considering everybody loves the Mona Pizza theme.. And Warioware Gold just came out recently so she could promote that so Wario can make more money

Mona 9.png

One more thing worth mentioning, the storyline of Warioware Gold is literally Wario hosting a "Smash tournament" with his micro games.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Although, if we get no. 68, we get this sexy mofo.

Man, imagine getting a Pokemon newcomer that isn't from Gen VII. Would throw discussions on a wild ride.
Imagine getting another Pokémon fighter that is from Gen. I. That would throw discussions on course for a wild ride.

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Since we all just exhausted every possible discussion topic, I’m reviving an old one since I thought it was fun and it’s almost time for scariest time of the year.

If we got Halloween costumes for characters, which ones do you want to see? This is only for confirmed newcomers. No limit. The whole cast or just one character.
handsometom.png

for Ness or Lucas, but maybe Lucas would make more sense considering the hair.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Don't expect Japanese magazines to feature information from the delayed direct. Nintendo's media team would've called these companies and worked with them if that info was going to release so soon. Reorganizing the media plan is probably what's taking Nintendo so long to announce when the direct will be.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Don't expect Japanese magazines to feature information from the delayed direct. Nintendo's media team would've called these companies and worked with them if that info was going to release so soon. Reorganizing the media plan is probably what's taking Nintendo so long to announce when the direct will be.
Hi Dustin!!! Miss your leakbusting thanks for doing God's work yet again
Do you yourself have any expectations on when the Direct will air?
I personally don't mind waiting because I feel the situation in Japan is infinitely more important than some games, but I figure you'd have the most idea out of any of us.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

:ultrosalina: - mermaid
:ultlucas:- ghost (a literal sheet cutout)
:ultwario: - mad scientist
:ultrichter: - vampire, for the irony
:ultryu: - some kinda Super Sentai/Power Ranger type thing
:ultlink: - pirate
:ultsnake: - Detective
:ultshulk: - Daft Punk-style emoting helmet
:ultbayonetta: - witch. And I mean traditional witch, much to her cries of “that’s stereotyping!”
:ultcloud: - zombie
:ultchrom: - Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland
:ultinkling: - Rad 80’s/90’s(TM) getup
:ultroy: - 50’s style diner waiter cause he’s an adorable dork like that
:ultzelda: - angel
:ultsheik: - devil
:ultcorrin: - nobleman/noblewoman (which means shoes lmao)
:ultrobin - Punk Rockers
:ultike: - Astronaut
:ultpit: - Cupid. So basically himself
:ultlittlemac: - werewolf
:ultwiifittrainer: - mummy
:ultness: - baseball player
:ultmario: and :ultluigi: - switched outfits
:ultvillager: - Skull Kid just to troll everyone :troll:

And for the slightly more fanservice-y ones cause what’s Halloween without fanservice
:ultpalutena: - nurse
:ultpeach: - cat girl
:ultdaisy: - fairy
:ultzss: - cowgirl
:ultlucina: - female genie
:ultfalcon: And :ultsimon: - Muay Thai fighters (HELP THIS IS TOO HOT I CANT — )

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
SIGH..... Aside from the Custom moves not returning, I love everything about this "leak" to pieces and then some (and don't hate what I don't particularly care for). This would pretty much be my best timeline.

Just makes it hurt even more that it's probably not true.... (goes in corner to cry)
Everything here makes sense except the Pokemon, because of course Incineroar is playable over that other one.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It makes we wonder if we'll get some double updates not on music day then.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Mona is a good wildcard choice for Smash, she has yet to been seen in the game so its likely if we are to get another Warioware character especially considering everybody loves the Mona Pizza theme.. And Warioware Gold just came out recently so she could promote that so Wario can make more money

View attachment 162921

One more thing worth mentioning, the storyline of Warioware Gold is literally Wario hosting a "Smash tournament" with his micro games.
You know...despite her lack of demand, Ashely being massively more requested, and not caring for a Wario newcomer.

I actually wouldn’t mind Mona being playable for Smash, she’s basically Wario’s Peach anyway.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
:ultrosalina: - mermaid
:ultlucas:- ghost (a literal sheet cutout)
:ultwario: - mad scientist
:ultrichter: - vampire, for the irony
:ultryu: - some kinda Super Sentai/Power Ranger type thing
:ultlink: - pirate
:ultsnake: - Detective
:ultshulk: - Daft Punk-style emoting helmet
:ultbayonetta: - witch. And I mean traditional witch, much to her cries of “that’s stereotyping!”
:ultcloud: - zombie
:ultchrom: - Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland

And for the slightly more fanservice-y ones cause what’s Halloween without fanservice
:ultpalutena: - nurse
:ultpeach: - cat girl
:ultdaisy: - fairy
:ultzss: - cowgirl
:ultlucina: - female genie
:ultfalcon: And :ultsimon: - Muay Thai wrestlers (HELP THIS IS TOO HOT I CANT — )
Lucas already has a costume of a ghost
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom