• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I've reached a state of pure tranquility. A nirvana borne from the hellish state this forum is burning in. I have achieved enlightenment from the trials given to us all.
Nothing is lost, nothing is delayed. We were never meant to get the direct last week. It was all a test, forced upon us by a higher power to evaluate us and discover our true potential. The next stage of human evolution is upon us, and with it we will know all that the universe has to offer. We can experience all that we desire. Your most wanted newcomer? They're in. Your life? Spent living in a perfect utopia. That girl you've got a crush on? She feels the same way about you.

Anything is possible with this transcendence. Please, brothers, join me, become enlightened with me. He is waiting for us, and it would be in our best interest to join Him soon.

Ah, I see you too have accepted the good word of Brendan Fraser into your life

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We didn't get an update Thursday night because of what happened with the Earthquake. While obviously any Direct information would've showed up there(or at least newcomers), they aren't going to simply skip the update just because of no direct in itself. The earthquake mattered. You skip a blog update because it's the polite thing to do. Sakurai had no lack of information to post that day. He can slight change around the schedule if it matters. But it did matter, because of people being dead/gone missing/lives ruined.

Please stop looking for conspiracies here. Come on. :/

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
To you. But considering how strange the whole situation is, I wouldn't be surprised if nothing is announced. People shouldn't be so expectant.
Why would they not post an update the same day the Direct was expected to schedule if there wasn't any Smash news.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I feel like it's impossible to come up with a character that absolutely nobody in this community's predicted. Since Smash 4 and especially the Smash Ballot, I'm sure every Nintendo series has been brought up at some point for adding a character into Smash.
FIRST PARTY CHARACTERS NO ONES EVER ASKED FOR GO!
Iberiko from Okaeri Chibi-Robo Happy Richie Osōji
Iberiko.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Looking back now.

Would you have still preferred system exclusive characters for Wii U & 3DS?
Yeah, I would.

Hell, if I had my way, a 3DS version wouldn't even exist and all resources would be focused on the version that 99.9% of people will be playing for the next 4 years.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
100% real unannounced newcomer list:
1. Clubba (Paper Mario)
2. Dr. Crygor (Warioware)
3. Jagen's Horse (Fire Emblem)
4. Tobin (FIre Emblem)
5. Niime (Fire Emblem)
6. Joy (Bayonetta)
7. Magcargo (Pokemon)
8. Poe Collector (Zelda)
9. Quiz Show Host (Rhythm Heaven)
10. Garnet (Steven Universe)
i cant say anymore but this is reaal 1000% if you have questions i will ask my dad about it

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Man, I hope the direct doesn't take too long, or I'll miss it thanks to Isaac...
Hopefully it passes us or it shrinks to a Tropical Wave. And the bitter irony about it, beside the name of the Tropical Storm being Isaac, Is the fact that it's another storm in September that starts with an I that is aimed at us. This is the last thing we need headed our way.

D

Deleted member

You know what'd REALLY be a WTF character? Frank West.

...But the Tatsunoko VS. Capcom version of Frank West.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ok. So we seem to all be suffering here.

I get it.

So here’s a mindless but potential funny little game:

X reaction to the Smash Ultimate announcement (Inkling or E3 is ok)

Your reaction...
Smashboards reaction...
Greater Smash Communities reaction (reddit, FB, discord, etc)....
Non-Smash Fans but Nintendo Fans reaction...
Internet reaction...
Normies reaction...
Above posters reaction...
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal Fans reaction...
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite fans reaction....
Fake leakers reaction...

If applicable,
Your parents reaction...
Your siblings reaction...
Your pets reaction...
Your grandparents reaction...
Your significant others reaction...
Your best friend’s reaction...
Your close yet not best friend’s reaction...
Your classmates reaction...
That person who sits next to you in Math Class reaction...
Your crush’s reaction...
Your teacher’s reaction...
Your boss’s reaction...
Your co-worker’s reaction...
That person who serves you at Starbucks reaction...

According to you...

President Trump’s reaction...
Hillary’s reaction...
America’s reaction...
Japan’s reaction...
Nintendo’s reaction...
Miyamoto’s reaction...
Reggie’s reaction...
Sony’s reaction...
Capcom’s reaction...
Namco’s reaction...
Square’s reaction...
Shoen Jump’s reaction...
Microsoft’s Reaction...
Bethseda’s Reaction...
Blizzard’s reaction...
Hollywood’s reaction...
Conspiracy theorist’s reaction...
Infowar’s reaction...
Militant Feminist’s reaction...
Facebook’s reaction...
NASA’s reaction...
Target’s reaction...
Best Buy’s reaction...
Starbucks reaction...
White surpremecist’s reaction...
NFL fan’s reaction...
Conan O’Brian’s reaction...
Kanye West’s reaction...
Borat’s reaction...
Terminator’s reaction...
Spongebob’s reaction...
Spiderman’s Reaction...
Thanos’ Reaction...
Rick and Morty’s Reaction...
Vergeben’s reaction...

Waluigi’s reaction...

Feel free to pick and choose what you want to make a reaction to.

Don’t dissapoint me.
Spongebob's reaction...

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
We didn't get an update Thursday night because of what happened with the Earthquake. While obviously any Direct information would've showed up there(or at least newcomers), they aren't going to simply skip the update just because of no direct in itself. The earthquake mattered. You skip a blog update because it's the polite thing to do. Sakurai had no lack of information to post that day. He can slight change around the schedule if it matters. But it did matter, because of people being dead/gone missing/lives ruined.

Please stop looking for conspiracies here. Come on. :/
I've been thinking this, it makes way more sense. Do we have any confirmation anyone even went to work at Nintendo that day? I could easily have seen people being sent home early/not coming in if it was really that serious.

I think that makes more sense.

Chrono.

You know what'd REALLY be a WTF character? Frank West.

...But the Tatsunoko VS. Capcom version of Frank West.

Imma keep it real with you chief.

I still maintain that TvC was the best Vs game to come from Capcom since CvS2 and Baroque was one of the most fun mechanics they've come up with.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
100% real unannounced newcomer list:
1. Clubba (Paper Mario)
2. Dr. Crygor (Warioware)
3. Jagen's Horse (Fire Emblem)
4. Tobin (FIre Emblem)
5. Niime (Fire Emblem)
6. Joy (Bayonetta)
7. Magcargo (Pokemon)
8. Poe Collector (Zelda)
9. Quiz Show Host (Rhythm Heaven)
10. Garnet (Steven Universe)
i cant say anymore but this is reaal 1000% if you have questions i will ask my dad about it
7.8/10 too much fire emblem

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've been thinking this, it makes way more sense. Do we have any confirmation anyone even went to work at Nintendo that day? I could easily have seen people being sent home early/not coming in if it was really that serious.

That too. Wasn't even what I was thinking of.

Besides, let's say the direct was Smashless. They'd just continue on as normal. There's really no way around it, though; the earthquake was the reason the delay was done for the blog. It's not rocket science.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, I would.

Hell, if I had my way, a 3DS version wouldn't even exist and all resources would be focused on the version that 99.9% of people will be playing for the next 4 years.
Well, the 3DS version sold about twice as much as the Wii U version, so I'm not sure how long you'd keep the job.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

The earthquake occurred in hokkaido. Nintendo’s corporate offices are in Kyoto.

They are quite far from each other. People in Miyagi, which is close to Hokkaido, didn’t feel the earthquake. Japan is about the size of California to put it in perspective. Small enough that this becomes a national concern but big enough where people far enough way from it are fairly detached from it.

So yeah, everyone in Japan went to work, school, etc and it was business as usual. Save for people near the epicenter who lost power (and homes) in hokkaido.

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Looking back now.

Would you have still preferred system exclusive characters for Wii U & 3DS?
No. it'd feel like one version was impaired to favor another
back then, all the connectivity stuff made sense, even if they could have done much better with it

SonicMario

Smash Master
You know, I've been thinking about Shadow being in Smash as of late. Assuming he's in, he'll definitely be an echo of Sonic, but I also kind of wish he had a unique moveset.

His appearance Sonic Battle has him perform a plethora of moves that'd fit well into Smash; but it'll never happen :ohwell:
If Sonic gets a character that's more unique or at least semi-cloned I feel like you just gotta hand that honor to Tails. Being one of the few sidekicks to have anything near Luigi's iconic status.

If an echo's the only way a singular 3rd party franchise is getting two characters though, yeah you kind of have to give it to Shadow since he's much easier to echo off Sonic (it's possible to echo Tails off Sonic, but would still probably take a little more work then Chrom did off Roy since they'd have to retain some kind of flight thing with Tails by either giving him something like Peach's Float and/or more then two jumps) and still a fairly popular character.

Having both would be awesome though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Tails DLC whether or not Shadow's in the base game as an echo. I feel like it would be neat to throw a bone to both massive sides of Sonic fanbases. Tails for the Classic/Neutral kind that are more into the classics + Mania, Shadow echo for the SA2 and onward fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom