• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
So we know about most of the Final Smashes and thier names with Daisy, Richter, and Young Link being the only characters that we know basically nothing about though it can be surmised what they could potentially be.

What do you think? What are those three Final Smashes?

Additionally, we know the names of all the Final Smash’s save for Ridley, Donkey Kong, Fox, Faldo, Wolf, Dedede, Shiek, Snake, and Zamus. What do you think is thier names?

Finally, we know nothing of Final Smash’s are are currently under questionable as they were either transformative or seem to possess traits not akin to the current Final Smash design: Diddy Kong, Lucario, Peach, Yoshi, and Pair Up (due to Chrom). What do you think will be thier potentially new Final Smash?
Lucario's I think he'll revert to his Brawl one but with him transforming into Mega Lucario as a visual effect
Yoshi I can see something from either Woolly World or that Mega Eggdozer thing from New Island

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So we know about most of the Final Smashes and thier names with Daisy, Richter, and Young Link being the only characters that we know basically nothing about though it can be surmised what they could potentially be.

Additionally, we know the names of all the Final Smash’s save for Ridley, Donkey Kong, Fox, Faldo, Wolf, Dedede, Shiek, Snake, and Zamus. What do you think is thier names?

Finally, we know nothing of Final Smash’s are are currently under questionable as they were either transformative or seem to possess traits not akin to the current Final Smash design: Diddy Kong, Lucario, Peach, Yoshi, and Pair Up (due to Chrom). What do you think will be thier potentially new Final Smash?
Isn't Richter's "Grand Cross"?

Grand Cross is from his game, not Simons

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Grand Cross only appeared in Rondo of Blood, didn't it? AKA, Richter's game.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Yoshi's I think will have him use the transformation but have the fireballs rain down the screen.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I got one, and it's a doozy:

*Hums to this while working on my Pinkie Pie combos*

IDK I'm bad at this. :p
I'd be lowkeye enthusiastic if we got a character from there in the roster. ***** at me all you want, this is who I am.
----
How's everything down in Japan? I hear reconstruction is moving swiftly.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Like I keep saying, my boi's will be Mega Eggdozer

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Daisy: It's like Captain Falcon's Except She runs over people with her Kart
Richter: It's likely Grand Cross. It originated in Rondo Of Blood
Young Link: I hope it's Fierce Deity Link
Diddy Kong: It'l be like Pikachu and Sonic's New Final Smashes
Lucario: Turns into Mega Lucario and does Basically Greninja's Final Smash, Expect it's On the ground and it launches Horizontally"
Yoshi: That Giant egg form Yoshi's new Island.
Peach: Something to do with Super Princess Peach
Robin: It's Still Pair Up, but Chrom Is Replaced with Someone else...

Chrono.

Daisy I think is getting whatever Peach is getting in this game. If not then... I don't know, maybe something Tennis related?

I'd be overjoyed if Richter got the Holy Water Storm Item Crash from RoB, but realistically speaking, he probably just has Grand Cross like Simon as it comes from Rondo of Blood anyway.

Young Link I think is getting something Fierce Deity related. Would be cool if they incorporated all transformation masks into a beatdown cinematic Final Smash though.

For Lucario everyone's guessing Aura Storm comes back, but I'm gonna say he'll get something more similar to his Pokken Super for no reason at all. Not sure what Yoshi could get and Robin might get something related to Grima, I feel.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

I don't think I've ever seen so many rage kills in Ultimate so far. Anyway, what do you all think of Bowser?
I have to say - it's kinda annoying to watch all of these videos of people playing Smash and then ignoring all of the items unless they accidentally pick them up. I get that the competitive rulesets don't use them, but don't any casuals play the demos?

I'm betting Richter's got Simon's Grand Cross.
Young Link probably has Link's old Triforce Slash, but please by all that is holy let him start by putting on the Fierce Deity mask.
Lucario will most likely mega evolve and then do his old Brawl Aura Storm.

The others...I dunno

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have to say - it's kinda annoying to watch all of these videos of people playing Smash and then ignoring all of the items unless they accidentally pick them up. I get that the competitive rulesets don't use them, but don't any casuals play the demos?

I'm betting Richter's got Simon's Grand Cross.
Young Link probably has Link's old Triforce Slash, but please by all that is holy let him start by putting on the Fierce Deity mask.
Lucario will most likely mega evolve and then do his old Brawl Aura Storm.

The others...I dunno
I think you mean Simon has Richter's Grand Cross

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
The earthquake occurred in hokkaido. Nintendo’s corporate offices are in Kyoto.

They are quite far from each other. People in Miyagi, which is close to Hokkaido, didn’t feel the earthquake. Japan is about the size of California to put it in perspective. Small enough that this becomes a national concern but big enough where people far enough way from it are fairly detached from it.

So yeah, everyone in Japan went to work, school, etc and it was business as usual. Save for people near the epicenter who lost power (and homes) in hokkaido.
I didn't mean in a avoid the danger kind of way, but as in "I have family living there and I am too concerned about their well being to work".

One of the users that lives in Japan (Vanrose? I forget) mentioned how community feeling and tight knit Japan is so I thought that was a possibility. I am not an expert of Japanese culture and besides some news and Nintendo delaying the direct, I don't know how serious the earthquake was to the country as a whole on morale, etc.

Last edited:

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I'm realizing how good Chrom has it honestly.

Chrom's Steps to Success :ultchrom::
  1. Be a cool Royal Dude with blue hair
  2. Get really nice arms
  3. Show off your arms
  4. Find Smart Hot Twink Librarian :ultrobin
  5. Marry Smart Hot Twink Librarian
  6. Find time-distorted daughter :ultlucina:
  7. Adopt time-distorted daughter even though she's like 5 years younger than you max due to time-distortion
  8. Don't get killed by Smart Hot Twink Librarian Husband
  9. Get beat up by this guy: :ultfalcon:
  10. Vow to get your chance another day
  11. Go to some game with your husband and do stuff sometimes
  12. Join some game with this blue thing :ultdarksamus:
  13. Don't get killed by blue thing and its dinosaur friend :ultridley:
  14. Succeed.

Last edited:

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484

I don't think I've ever seen so many rage kills in Ultimate so far. Anyway, what do you all think of Bowser?
Thanks for the video share.

Maaaan...I really wish I could find more videos where people didn't avoid using items and Smash Balls. Not everyone wants this to be Melee, lets see footage of items in use.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I think they're gonna give Lucario a beatdown Final Smash like Sheik but with Mega Lucario.
I honestly think it'll be a beatdown FS where Lucario finishes off with a Zero Laser-esque Aura Storm.

Thanks for the video share.

Maaaan...I really wish I could find more videos where people didn't avoid using items and Smash Balls. Not everyone wants this to be Melee, lets see footage of items in use.
>only Melee players play with no items
Stop right there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd be lowkeye enthusiastic if we got a character from there in the roster. ***** at me all you want, this is who I am.
TBH I'd be ecstatic as well. I don't really care where the character comes from: For me, It's just a matter of if I like the character and if I find them fun to play. If they meet those two requirements, I'm fine with 'em regardless of where they come from.

That's just me, though: Everyone's entitled to their opinion. :)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ok. So we seem to all be suffering here.

I get it.

So here’s a mindless but potential funny little game:

X reaction to the Smash Ultimate announcement (Inkling or E3 is ok)

Your reaction...
Smashboards reaction...
Greater Smash Communities reaction (reddit, FB, discord, etc)....
Non-Smash Fans but Nintendo Fans reaction...
Internet reaction...
Normies reaction...
Above posters reaction...
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal Fans reaction...
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite fans reaction....
Fake leakers reaction...

If applicable,
Your parents reaction...
Your siblings reaction...
Your pets reaction...
Your grandparents reaction...
Your significant others reaction...
Your best friend’s reaction...
Your close yet not best friend’s reaction...
Your classmates reaction...
That person who sits next to you in Math Class reaction...
Your crush’s reaction...
Your teacher’s reaction...
Your boss’s reaction...
Your co-worker’s reaction...
That person who serves you at Starbucks reaction...

According to you...

President Trump’s reaction...
Hillary’s reaction...
America’s reaction...
Japan’s reaction...
Nintendo’s reaction...
Miyamoto’s reaction...
Reggie’s reaction...
Sony’s reaction...
Capcom’s reaction...
Namco’s reaction...
Square’s reaction...
Shoen Jump’s reaction...
Microsoft’s Reaction...
Bethseda’s Reaction...
Blizzard’s reaction...
Hollywood’s reaction...
Conspiracy theorist’s reaction...
Infowar’s reaction...
Militant Feminist’s reaction...
Facebook’s reaction...
NASA’s reaction...
Target’s reaction...
Best Buy’s reaction...
Starbucks reaction...
White surpremecist’s reaction...
NFL fan’s reaction...
Conan O’Brian’s reaction...
Kanye West’s reaction...
Borat’s reaction...
Terminator’s reaction...
Spongebob’s reaction...
Spiderman’s Reaction...
Thanos’ Reaction...
Rick and Morty’s Reaction...
Vergeben’s reaction...

Waluigi’s reaction...

Feel free to pick and choose what you want to make a reaction to.

Don’t dissapoint me.
*Reacting to Smash Ultimate*

America's Reaction: Hell yeah, another game for us to dominate in!

Japan's reaction: Fantastic, another game for us to dominate in!

Borat's reaction: We do not play vidyo game in my country, but Mr. Sak-ur-aie is great man, I am sure he is not Jew. You may not know but character of Waluigi is based on me.

Trump's reation: HUGE announcement! The ONLY thing bigger than SUPER SMASH BROTHERS is ME. Best. Game. Ever. Period.

Pet's Reaction: "Rwoo rwoo" (I may not play video games but it makes *Person who feeds me and I love* a happy person. This makes him likely to give me the treats.)

Sony's reaction: *Sighs deeply*
*Stares longingly at the crowd's reaction*

Microsoft's Reaction: *Smiles Deeply*
*Stares at Banjo & Kazooie in one hand, Minecraft Steve in the other*

Bach's reaction: I may have been been dead for hundreds of years, but not even the grave could keep me from participating in the hype. Today I'm announcing "Hallelujah 2" which will drop next week to celebrate.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I didn't mean in a avoid the damger kind of way, but as in "Iy have family living there and I am too concerned about their well being to work".

One of the users that lives in Japan (Vanrose? I forget) mentioned how community feeling g and tight knit Japan is so I thought that was a possibility. I am not an expert of Japanese culture and besides some news and Nintendo delaying the direct, I don't know how serious the earthquake was to the country as a whole on morale, etc.
I mean culturally speaking we're talking about the same country who had the trains up and running with people going to work after Hiroshima.

Though speaking as someone who lives in a county that experiences a lot of earthquakes, even if it isn't that strong of an earthquake we typically get the day/get to go back home if it happens during work/school hours. And a lot of people have almost irrational fear of quakes. Doesn't need to be strong for them to panic, rush out of any building, yell, and probably start crying. My grandma calls everyone she knows after any quake you could actually feel.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
At least we got Bowser, its something! We just have to wait to the direct announcement now

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
But 3DS sold more than six times than Wii U. Which means that a Wii U owner still have 3 times more chance to buy smash than a 3DS owner.

It might look like a pretty useless information, but you have to consider that thwy were not expecting Wii U to flop when they start to develop smash 4.
I realize that. But you also have to recognize that the 3DS already had an install base of 50 million at the time of the Wii U's launch, and was very clearly still a big part of Nintendo's game plan considering Pokemon, Yokai Watch, Monster Hunter, Hyrule Warriors and Mario Maker games were all released after the Wii U's launch, along with four new 3DS iterations.

The larger percentage of Wii U owners buying Smash can be attributed to the idea that the Wii U had a higher percentage of "core" fans who even knew the console existed, while the 3DS had a much larger audience of casual fans. Regardless though, it's fiscally smart to release a mobile Smash game, and I'm still surprised we never saw a Smash 64 remake for DS. That would have been easy money.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Daisy: Mario Kart Deluxe.

Similar to Captain Falcon, she smacks them onto a race-track in front of the starting line. They stare down the track as a horde of racers prepare to run them over, with, of course, Daisy leading the pack in first place. They are then run over my Mario characters running them over from across the franchise, finishing off with the last person to run you over being a bullet bill in dead last place.

Richter: Hydro-Storm

Similar to Simon Belmont's, except instead of thrusting his chest out and summoning crosses of light he points his finger up and a torrent of holy water rain showers the enemy until they explode in a flash of white.

Young Link: Master Sword

Activation has the Master Sword in the pedestal in the pedestal. Link pulls it out, forming a giant pillar of blue light going skyward. Any person caught in this ray of light will be stunned for the next attack. Adult Link from Ocarina of Time appears from out of the light and does the Triforce Slash upwards, finishing off with the classing slash-slash-stab combo that finished off Demon King Ganon. He then reinserts the master sword and transforms back into the young OoT Link.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I'm realizing how good Chrom has it honestly.

Chrom's Steps to Success :ultchrom::
  1. Be a cool Royal Dude with blue hair
  2. Get really nice arms
  3. Show off your arms
  4. Find Smart Hot Twink Librarian :ultrobin
  5. Marry Smart Hot Twink Librarian
  6. Find time-distorted daughter :ultlucina:
  7. Adopt time-distorted daughter even though she's like 5 years younger than you max due to time-distortion
  8. Don't get killed by Smart Hot Twink Librarian Husband
  9. Get beat up by this guy: :ultfalcon:
  10. Vow to get your chance another day
  11. Go to some game with your husband and do stuff sometimes
  12. Join some game with this blue thing :ultdarksamus:
  13. Don't get killed by blue thing and its dinosaur friend :ultridley:
  14. Succeed.
But Chrom isn't gay.

kylexv

Smash Master
Ok. So we seem to all be suffering here.

I get it.

So here’s a mindless but potential funny little game:

X reaction to the Smash Ultimate announcement (Inkling or E3 is ok)

Your reaction...
Smashboards reaction...
Greater Smash Communities reaction (reddit, FB, discord, etc)....
Non-Smash Fans but Nintendo Fans reaction...
Internet reaction...
Normies reaction...
Above posters reaction...
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal Fans reaction...
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite fans reaction....
Fake leakers reaction...

If applicable,
Your parents reaction...
Your siblings reaction...
Your pets reaction...
Your grandparents reaction...
Your significant others reaction...
Your best friend’s reaction...
Your close yet not best friend’s reaction...
Your classmates reaction...
That person who sits next to you in Math Class reaction...
Your crush’s reaction...
Your teacher’s reaction...
Your boss’s reaction...
Your co-worker’s reaction...
That person who serves you at Starbucks reaction...

According to you...

President Trump’s reaction...
Hillary’s reaction...
America’s reaction...
Japan’s reaction...
Nintendo’s reaction...
Miyamoto’s reaction...
Reggie’s reaction...
Sony’s reaction...
Capcom’s reaction...
Namco’s reaction...
Square’s reaction...
Shoen Jump’s reaction...
Microsoft’s Reaction...
Bethseda’s Reaction...
Blizzard’s reaction...
Hollywood’s reaction...
Conspiracy theorist’s reaction...
Infowar’s reaction...
Militant Feminist’s reaction...
Facebook’s reaction...
NASA’s reaction...
Target’s reaction...
Best Buy’s reaction...
Starbucks reaction...
White surpremecist’s reaction...
NFL fan’s reaction...
Conan O’Brian’s reaction...
Kanye West’s reaction...
Borat’s reaction...
Terminator’s reaction...
Spongebob’s reaction...
Spiderman’s Reaction...
Thanos’ Reaction...
Rick and Morty’s Reaction...
Vergeben’s reaction...

Waluigi’s reaction...

Feel free to pick and choose what you want to make a reaction to.

Don’t dissapoint me.
Well...
I get home from work at 10:30 p.m., knowing that I missed the 3/8 Direct while I was there. I wasn't expecting anything substantial, so I didn't mind too much. However, my brother greets me when I walk in and tells me Smash and Undertale were announced for Switch. I think he's just joking with me, so I dismiss it. I go and start watching the direct from start to finish. I see the Undertale announcement, and I start to think that my brother might of actually not been lying. Then, it happened. And it was glorious. I was almost nothing, but my mind automatically started right back into speculation mode. I literally couldn't sleep that night and was super tired for school for the next morning. Then, I returned to Smashboards two days later and started speculating with you guys. It was and has been good to be back to this.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Time for bed, night y’all. I had fun writing the Halloween Costumes prompt thing

Also, hoping for some leaks and/or news tomorrow

Till next time

1536547323840.png

D

Deleted member

Best not to reply to troll posts. Report and move on.
Wait, this isn't about the pony posts, was it? I hope not, I really wasn't trying to troll; we had joked around about it in the thread in the past and that's why I made my joke reaction post.

I really am sorry if I offended anyone, that definitely wasn't my intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom