• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
You can't tell me Luigi didn't feel something either. Peasley practically had him wrapped around his finger!

Also, it's really great how there's a really sizable amount of people who dedicate themselves to proving Bowser has homoerotic fantasies or subtext behind him.
I mean. Mario says it himself.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Straight due to the issue of Priam. Now whether he's canon or not is an entirely different can of worms.
For the sake of this argument, assuming Priam, is, in fact an ancestor of Ike, that means Ike at one point of his post Radiant Dawn Journey had a child with a woman.
Now, there's the theory that Mist is his true ancestor, but that's stretching it in my opinion.
1. No signs point to that
2. Priam wouldn't be so proud of his heritage if he was only tangentially related to the Radiant Hero
3. The Ragnell is not the type of weapon that could so easily be given out to people not closely related to Ike.
I mean, to be absolutely fair, this sort of thing happened with Anri/Falchion/Marth. Marth is touted as Anri's descendant, and Falchion itself can only be wielded by Anri's descendants, and Marth can wield Falchion...but Marth is, in actuality, the descendant of Anri's brother. Intelligent Systems just likes to play fast and loose with what's considered a descendant lol.

Though I've always read Ike as ace if anything, so I don't have much of a horse in this race. :p

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
And that's completely fine. Headcanon whatever you want, it ain't my place to try and invalidate it. I'm just trying to find a reason why so many people are convinced that Ike is canonically 100% gay, because I just don't see it. For Soren I can definitely see it but in the case of Ike I gotta agree with Idon Idon in that he's most likely ace or just doesn't care.
Some LGBT people (like me) would like to see more LGBT representation in media and Ike's pretty close (and maybe Corrin?) to the bill.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
And now we're discussing character sexualities now. Where's that freaken direct already?

They better hurry before I start thinking Stingy is in the game.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
>Be Smashboards
>Have mods that lock over a ***** joke
alrightmods.jpg
>Be LGBT Fire Emblem fan
Thatscooltoo.png
>Discuss Gay Fire Emblem characters in a Smash Ultimate thread
>Checkmate
>???

>Karma

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Marc is their Japanese name. Mark is the default name of the tactician, you, in FE7.

Damn, now I want Mark as a Robin echo...
I'm pretty sure that green Robin's a 100% reference to him.

COUGH THOUGH IF NINTENDO MADE AN ALT COSTUME, I WOULDN'T COMPLAIN COUGH COUGH
Lyn carrying Mark.jpg

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Some LGBT people (like me) would like to see more LGBT representation in media and Ike's pretty close (and maybe Corrin?) to the bill.
I mean Corrin is cannonically bi, they have the options of matching with either gender, just because they don't in a story doesn't mean they can't. Defintely more canon than Ike.

Totally smash related because they are both characters in smash and I'm talking about how the only canon LGBT playable representation in Smash is sadly Corrin. (I think at least...)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Making the boards more sane again, can we agree that this track from SFV needs to be in the game?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Discussing the roster’s sexualities is great and all, but what’s REALLY important is finding out who’s a virgin and who’s not!

Starting off, I think it’s very safe to say that :ultwario: has scored.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Well yeah I understand that, but iunno I always think people should keep in mind the canon of the game when seriously discussing stuff like character sexualities. If it's just joking around then there's really no problem with it. I just see a lot of problems arise when people get so convinced that the way they interpret the game's story is canon. It just doesn't reflect healthily on the LGBT community in general when people like those in the twitter FE community rip someone's throat out over drawing art of a straight ship.

I just want to know what in the source material leads people to believe in their HC's as much as some do.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

So back to Final Smashes, why do people default to Yoshi having a cinematic Super Dragon for one when he has a blatantly more obvious candidate in the form of the Eggdozer?!!!

Last edited:

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Corrin IS bisexual. And currently, they're the only open LGBT character in Smash Bros. There's subtext for characters like Snake, Ike, Luigi, Link, etc. But for now it's just Corrin, and that's fine. It's also a thing that won't be remedied unless we get an unlikely third party like an Undertale character, Tracer, or a BioWare protagonist.

Anyways, Prince Sidon is gay too. The gays claim him.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Like Super Sentai?

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Corrin IS bisexual. And currently, they're the only open LGBT character in Smash Bros. There's subtext for characters like Snake, Ike, Luigi, Link, etc. But for now it's just Corrin, and that's fine. It's also a thing that won't be remedied unless we get an unlikely third party like an Undertale character, Tracer, or a BioWare protagonist.

Nothing wrong with more than one.

Also I claim Kass.

Shroob

Sup?

So back to Fina Smashes, why do people default to Yoshi having a cinematic Super Dragon for one when he has a blatantly more obvious candidate in the form of the Eggdozer?!!!
Eggdozer gets my vote as well to be honest. The New Island music and not seeing the FS really makes me think they remade it.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, the most infamous LGBT+ character Ninty has is Birdo, and her only shot is as a Yoshi echo, unless SHE'S the WTF pick.

Yoshi is technically "asexual" as well as Toad and Toadette, but that is just fancy talk for them literally being able to reproduce asexually and then not having any dangly bits or slits.

Chrono.

So back to Final Smashes, why do people default to Yoshi having a cinematic Super Dragon for one when he has a blatantly more obvious candidate in the form of the Eggdozer?!!!
Cause who the **** played Yoshi's New Island?

I had to look that up.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I mean, the most infamous LGBT+ character Ninty has is Birdo, and her only shot is as a Yoshi echo, unless SHE'S the WTF pick.

Yoshi is technically "asexual" as well as Toad and Toadette, but that is just fancy talk for them literally being able to reproduce asexually and then not having any dangly bits or slits.
Wait what the **** do Toads reproduce with spores. What the ****. Is this canon?

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Well yeah I understand that, but iunno I always think people should keep in mind the canon of the game when seriously discussing stuff like character sexualities. If it's just joking around then there's really no problem with it. I just see a lot of problems arise when people get so convinced that the way they interpret the game's story is canon. It just doesn't reflect healthily on the LGBT community in general when people like those in the twitter FE community rip someone's throat out over drawing art of a straight ship.

I just want to know what in the source material leads people to believe in their HC's as much as some do.
Yeah, I just like to think Ike as gay/bi. I can understand why people think he's ace (which is still LGBT anyway so it's a win-win.)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bayo is an honorary Nintendo character at this point.

She's so bisexual she went to save her girlfriend and lesbian lover from what is essentially hell in her second game.

And the first one is literally partially about all the things that same lover did for her.

You can say they're just rivals/girlfriends but I say they are girlfriends.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

I don’t think Corrin is canonically anything. It’s a customizable character. You can choose the gender, appearance, allegiance, and spouse (and by extension, sexuality).

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Everything has gone to **** since the Direct got cancelled.
Well, I think that might be a tad overexaggeration lol.

Though I do hope Nintendo just says **** it and drops the Direct tomorrow morning without fanfare. It's never happened before yeah but with how unusual the situation is it wouldn't even be that much of a stretch.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord

I'm actually hoping to keep some form of Super Dragon... I love SMW and I loved getting the combined powers from rainbow shells. I just hope we get the ground pound included this time.

Like, maybe he can sprout wings then do a ground pound, and everyone who is hit by shockwave is pulled into cinematic where he flies around and spews fire on them. That way we'd get all 3 SMW Yoshi powers in.

Idk, I'm just don't like the egg but bigger very much. The normal ability but bigger Final Smashes (Mario, Samus, old Link one) aren't interesting to me.

Chrono.

Well, I think that might be a tad overexaggeration lol.

Though I do hope Nintendo just says **** it and drops the Direct tomorrow morning without fanfare. It's never happened before yeah but with how unusual the situation is it wouldn't even be that much of a stretch.
"Here's the Direct but we removed the Smash content pls be excited."

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
Discussing the roster’s sexualities is great and all, but what’s REALLY important is finding out who’s a virgin and who’s not!

Starting off, I think it’s very safe to say that :ultwario: has scored.
Can... can we discuss that? Give me like 10 minutes in Roster Maker and I can give you my impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom