• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
I really have to say, that while this wait is the shortest we’ve ever had for a Smash game, I might argue that in terms of everyone slowly losing their minds that might actually be worse. As soon as the first trailer dropped the game was in its “so close we can taste it” stage. A game is easy to forget about and ignore when it’s due out in 1-2 years, but when we’re going to have this in a matter of months it’s easy for anticipation and excitement to be hard to fight off. Some of the topics I’ve seen made and questions I’ve seen asked in this period have been more buckwild than anything I ever saw in Brawl or 4’s dev cycle, and I think that’s hilarious and goes to show we’re all losing it.

So guys, if you woke up as your Smash 4 main and was married to your Melee secondary, how would your life change?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I mean, to be absolutely fair, this sort of thing happened with Anri/Falchion/Marth. Marth is touted as Anri's descendant, and Falchion itself can only be wielded by Anri's descendants, and Marth can wield Falchion...but Marth is, in actuality, the descendant of Anri's brother. Intelligent Systems just likes to play fast and loose with what's considered a descendant lol.

Though I've always read Ike as ace if anything, so I don't have much of a horse in this race. :p
Yeah, I've seen Ike as Ace my playthrough too. That's why I think Priam's existence is a bit weird.
Leads me to believe he's just mindless fanservice but who knows.

My chief issue is the Ragnell.
Either Ike took it with him, in which case I find it hard to believe it'd somehow find its way back to the Greil bloodline.
Or Ike gave it back to Sanaki, in which case, I'm not so sure she'd be OK with giving either Ragnell or Alondite out to people to use.

Plus there's this:
Mist.png

Or maybe none of this matters because the whole shtick with Outrealms and Infinite Parallel Universes or whatever.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I appreciate the passion for Fire Emblem characters, but move on to a social thread for this sort of stuff.

Come to the NintenZone. We'd love to have you.

Chrono.

Little Mac is a virgin-chad.
Isn't he underage?
I'm actually hoping to keep some form of Super Dragon... I love SMW and I loved getting the combined powers from rainbow shells. I just hope we get the ground pound included this time.

Like, maybe he can sprout wings then do a ground pound, and everyone who is hit by shockwave is pulled into cinematic where he flies around and spews fire on them. That way we'd get all 3 SMW Yoshi powers in.

Idk, I'm just don't like the egg but bigger very much. The normal ability but bigger Final Smashes (Mario, Samus, old Link one) aren't interesting to me.
I actually like Mario's and Samus'.

What I don't like is that they gave Dr. Mario the same one, smh. Was it too much to make giant pills rain from the sky?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Bayo is an honorary Nintendo character at this point.

She's so bisexual she went to save her girlfriend and lesbian lover from what is essentially hell in her second game.

And the first one is literally partially about all the things that same lover did for her.

You can say they're just rivals/girlfriends but I say they are girlfriends.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How does caring for a friend make you gay? lol

I'm not saying Bayonetta being bisexual is impossible, but that would definitely not be the reason.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Discussing the roster’s sexualities is great and all, but what’s REALLY important is finding out who’s a virgin and who’s not!

Starting off, I think it’s very safe to say that :ultwario: has scored.
While it's "safe to say" for a few, there are only 2 100% for sure.

:ultbowser::ultchrom:

I'm not familiar enough with Streetfighter, Metal Gear and Castlevania to speak on those...and I just saw that apparently Ike has a sister? So Priam doesn't have to be a direct descendant.

Oh and maybe:ultolimar: lol which is a weird thought

Edit: also pac baby is a thing so probably :ultpacman:

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I really have to say, that while this wait is the shortest we’ve ever had for a Smash game, I might argue that in terms of everyone slowly losing their minds that might actually be worse. As soon as the first trailer dropped the game was in its “so close we can taste it” stage. A game is easy to forget about and ignore when it’s due out in 1-2 years, but when we’re going to have this in a matter of months it’s easy for anticipation and excitement to be hard to fight off. Some of the topics I’ve seen made and questions I’ve seen asked in this period have been more buckwild than anything I ever saw in Brawl or 4’s dev cycle, and I think that’s hilarious and goes to show we’re all losing it.

So guys, if you woke up as your Smash 4 main and was married to your Melee secondary, how would your life change?
Add one to the fact that they came out absolutely swinging with reveals.

Yeah, this speculation cycle is the shortest of the bunch, but it's going to feel excruciatingly long when all is said and done.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Kirby's a baby. If he's gay, he would be a Gayby :starman:.

Aww...:kirby:

I mean, that's all I got for this series of talks...

Pakky

Smash Hero

So I'd be:ultmewtwo: married to :ultgnw:?

What and odd couple but at least I wouldn't go hungry.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I appreciate the passion for Fire Emblem characters, but move on to a social thread for this sort of stuff.

Come to the NintenZone. We'd love to have you.
That's literally like 90% of the thread there lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bayo is an honorary Nintendo character at this point.

She's so bisexual she went to save her girlfriend and lesbian lover from what is essentially hell in her second game.

And the first one is literally partially about all the things that same lover did for her.

You can say they're just rivals/girlfriends but I say they are girlfriends.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’ve never though of them as rivals (well...atleast after playing finishing Bayo 1), but definitely friends...bifriends...who **** just because

Also I’d put Sonic and Mega Man as honorary Nintendo characters aswell
Isn't he underage?
15 is the new 30

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Discussing the roster’s sexualities is great and all, but what’s REALLY important is finding out who’s a virgin and who’s not!

Safe bets for non-virgin: :ultbowser::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultmarth::ultpacman::ultroy::ultchrom:

Safe bets for virgin: :ultbowserjr::ulttoonlink::ultryu::ultlucas::ultike::ultyounglink::ultpit::ultness:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But anyway yeah, Tobin would be neat.

kylexv

Smash Master
Well. I'm off to bed for tonight.

However if this Direct doesn't get an air date tomorrow, I fear for what will happen here.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
While it's "safe to say" for a few, there are only 2 100% for sure.

:ultbowser::ultchrom:

I'm not familiar enough with Streetfighter, Metal Gear and Castlevania to speak on those...and I just saw that apparently Ike has a sister? So Priam doesn't have to be a direct descendant.

Oh and maybe:ultolimar: lol which is a weird thought
For Street Fighter, Ryu's sexuality is never really talked about. Like Ike, he kinda just lives to beat up stuff.
For Metal Gear, Snake's probably straight since he occasionally ogles women and can determine a woman disguised as a man purely by the way her hips moved, though he's the type of guy to put the mission first.
For Castlevania, Simon has a long long long long long long long long line of descendants. As for Richter, he's got a girlfriend to rescue.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
And now we're discussing character sexualities now. Where's that freaken direct already?

They better hurry before I start thinking Stingy is in the game.
Honeslty I'm more concerned about other reveals in the Nintendo Direct. I know this is a Smash topic but is anyone else interested in some general Nintendo news?

I'm also worried that due to the moved date and disaster that the Direct that we were originally getting will be torn apart and heavily edited. Game reveals will be moved to another Direct or outright not shown ever and instead quietly announced at some other time. And quiet announcements can seriously hurt certain games.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
For Street Fighter, Ryu's sexuality is never really talked about. Like Ike, he kinda just lives to beat up stuff.
For Metal Gear, Snake's probably straight since he occasionally ogles women and can determine a woman disguised as a man purely by the way her hips moved, though he's the type of guy to put the mission first.
For Castlevania, Simon has a long long long long long long long long line of descendants. As for Richter, he's got a girlfriend to rescue.
Well this post was about 100% confirming virgin status which I was doing whether or not they have kids. Like apparently I missed Marth??? Idk didn't play any of his games.

Did Snake have kids??? And yea I figured Simon did...
Everyone forgetting :ultmarth: isn't a virgin smh
Yea I'm not big on older FE games, does he canonically have kids? Because that's the only definitive proof and that's what I'm basing it on.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How does caring for a friend make you gay? lol

I'm not saying Bayonetta being bisexual is impossible, but that would definitely not be the reason.
Way to have a leap of logic there, Bandana Boy. No one was saying ''Caring for a friend makes you gay."

They share all the tropes of more than friends for people that are supposedly just friends. The way they move and act with one another past an initial point in Bayo 1 and past the ''rivalry" is very soft confirmed lesbians. They're soft and concerned for one another.

They're even called sisters (which you can double up to just be Umbra witch sisters), that's like the most soft confirmed lesbian thing in the world. ''We're sisters."

They live together by the point of Bayo 2. All Bayonetta ever says about being straight is that she enjoys the act of making babies, but doesn't love babies. There's a certain openness to her sexuality even without factoring in the oddness with Jeanne.

And as far as I know it's something that Kamiya has never shut down, but you know it's all very open to interpretation, but look again at the scene in Bayo 2 where Cereza saves Jeanne. That's not how you act with your friend in my opinion if they save your life at all.

Lodestar65

Smash Apprentice
Well this post was about 100% confirming virgin status which I was doing whether or not they have kids. Like apparently I missed Marth??? Idk didn't play any of his games.

Did Snake have kids??? And yea I figured Simon did...

Yea I'm not big on older FE games, does he canonically have kids? Because that's the only definitive proof and that's what I'm basing it on.
:ultchrom: and :ultlucina: are actually his distant descendants.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976

1536549981082.png

Here, I made a 100% serious tier list just for this.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Safe bets for non-virgin: :ultbowser::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultmarth::ultpacman::ultroy::ultchrom:

Safe bets for virgin: :ultbowserjr::ulttoonlink::ultryu::ultlucas::ultike::ultyounglink::ultpit::ultness:
You forgot Peach for non-virgin. Her reaction to Bowser Jr in Sunshine is like "I'm your mama?". That reaction tells me she thinks it's a real possibility she's B Jr's mom. Really only leaves 3 possibilities:
1) Peach had sex with Bowser, had a child, abandoned it, and thinks B Jr might be it.
2) Peach is actually B Jr's mom and the ending of Sunshine is lies
3) Peach is so stupid she doesn't realize there's no way B Jr could be her son if she was a virgin and never gave birth

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
720g7C1jz13wI.gif

Be the topic you wish to see.

Items. No one uses them, but I like them. I want more of 'em. What item from what series do you want to see next? I think an 8-Ball from Splatoon 2 would be a great addition. Don't know it off the stage though, or suffer C.Q.'s wrath.

Last edited:

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman

:ultrobin married to :ultmarth:? That's transcendent right there.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Did Snake have kids
Nope.
The Jury's still out on whether he's a virgin, but I'm going to assume that due to his genetic DNA being messed with a deadly world ending virus on top of being an intentionally damaged clone, he's probably unable on top of unwilling to have children.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom