• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I just learned that Satoru Iwata's birthplace was Hokkaido. So, delaying the Direct because of the earthquake probably meant even more to Nintendo than we thought.

I know this isn't really the most appropriate time to say this, but I just stumbled upon this info when looking up stuff about Hokkaido.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Don't get killed by blue thing and its dinosaur friend :ultridley:
:p This is going to be the MOST complicated step of all. Definitely. There should be an extra step after this one that says "Hide a 1 Up Mushroom in your pocket just in case", that is, if it doesn't get stolen by that same pair to screw you over.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Wait, this isn't about the pony posts, was it? I hope not, I really wasn't trying to troll; we had joked around about it in the thread in the past and that's why I made my joke reaction post.

I really am sorry if I offended anyone, that definitely wasn't my intention.
Hey friend, I'm no mod but I'm pretty certain LST meant the person that randomly posted "pokemon sucks". Don't be sorry!

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Wait, this isn't about the pony posts, was it? I hope not, I really wasn't trying to troll; we had joked around about it in the thread in the past and that's why I made my joke reaction post.

They were talking about the bad take "pokemon stinks."

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Ike is canonically the gay Fire Emblem character.

Don't ****ing @ me.
I've always wondered what makes people think this, anyways. Yeah I know the stuff everybody usually brings up but none of it really points to Ike being gay. I've always just seen him as probably bisexual, or just not caring since he's too chad for that ****.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I'm skeptical if those should be dealt with, but ones that are clearly just saying "this thing sucks" are trolling. That was more what I meant.

Greninja'd, heh. XD

D

Deleted member

Oh, it wasn't my thing? Good, good; I was worried I legit upset people, ha ha.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. :)

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I've always wondered what makes people think this, anyways. Yeah I know the stuff everybody usually brings up but none of it really points to Ike being gay. I've always just seen him as probably bisexual, or just not caring since he's too chad for that ****.
Most people do say he's the bi one, given he has a biological descendant later on and can get with a gal in one of the endings, I think?

But yeah.

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team
At the end of one of his games (probably the second one) he runs away with trash/Soren or Fire Emblem's cat OC Ranulf.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Y'know. I've seens some people say "who's Richter? I've never even heard of him!" but then turn around and say "OMG I loooooooove Symphony of the Night" and then I have to restrain from shouting FAKE FAN with all my might. Richter is a huge part of the story of that game too so if you've played SotN you know about Richter.

I'm pretty sure Ike nailed Elincia AND Soren. So, Bi is probably correct.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Robin: It's Still Pair Up, but Chrom Is Replaced with Someone else...
Morgan would be the easiest person to throw in there, since you just need to shrink Robin's model and change the hair. Though I genuinely hope it's someone else from Awakening. Cordelia, Tharja, Owain, Lissa or Severa would all be awesome.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Oh, we're talking about gay Fire Emblem characters? That's like... my thing. There's tons of subtext everywhere for all kinds of FE characters. It's amazing.

MrPowerfulJeans

Smash Cadet
So we know about most of the Final Smashes and thier names with Daisy, Richter, and Young Link being the only characters that we know basically nothing about though it can be surmised what they could potentially be.

What do you think? What are those three Final Smashes?

Additionally, we know the names of all the Final Smash’s save for Ridley, Donkey Kong, Fox, Faldo, Wolf, Dedede, Shiek, Snake, and Zamus. What do you think is thier names?

Finally, we know nothing of Final Smash’s are are currently under questionable as they were either transformative or seem to possess traits not akin to the current Final Smash design: Diddy Kong, Lucario, Peach, Yoshi, and Pair Up (due to Chrom). What do you think will be thier potentially new Final Smash?
I'll just do Daisy, cause I got a comically ingenious idea for her, that I'd like to see.

Daisy's Final Smash should be Crystal Moon Smack (or something like that), which she lunges at the opponent. If connected, she will then form crystals around her hand and hit the opponent so hard they go out of the stratosphere and into the moon. Then the moon falls on the ground and blows up behind Daisy, who looks all sassy and stuff.

So, kinda like this...

Combined with this...

And ending in this...

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Most people do say he's the bi one, given he has a biological descendant later on and can get with a gal in one of the endings, I think?

But yeah.
Yeah I've heard Priam be brought up a lot since he explicitly says he's descended from Ike. Honestly I doubt that any Nintendo character except maybe Soleil was written to be canonically gay. That's why I usually lean towards them being straight or bisexual, more often than not.

At the end of one of his games (probably the second one) he runs away with trash/Soren or Fire Emblem's cat OC Ranulf.
But that doesn't really carry any romantic connotations with it, unless I'm reading the in-game text wrong or something.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I won't even pretend my favorite Awakening characters would get the honor to be part of Robin's Final Smash.

Miriel, Lon'qu, Say'ri, Tiki... you will always be the final smash of my heart

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have to say - it's kinda annoying to watch all of these videos of people playing Smash and then ignoring all of the items unless they accidentally pick them up. I get that the competitive rulesets don't use them, but don't any casuals play the demos?
There’s casual demos, but most people don't seem to care for those
who marries Chrom to Robin? That is such a waste
Sumia > Robin (he can only marry into the family if it’s with one of Chrom’s sisters...or Lucina...while she marries whomever)

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Morgan would be the easiest person to throw in there, since you just need to shrink Robin's model and change the hair. Though I genuinely hope it's someone else from Awakening. Cordelia, Tharja, Owain, Lissa or Severa would all be awesome.
Blue hair Morgan on both Robins would also canonize... a few things

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If you want my honest non-meme opinion.
Ike's probably not gay.
If anything signs point to him being asexual or straight.

Asexual due to him never, not once, showing a romantic inclination or thoughts of settling down.
He is a man's man. He fights to live and lives to fight. For Ike, having a romantic partner would probably just get in the way of what he truly loves doing.

Straight due to the issue of Priam. Now whether he's canon or not is an entirely different can of worms.
For the sake of this argument, assuming Priam, is, in fact an ancestor of Ike, that means Ike at one point of his post Radiant Dawn Journey had a child with a woman.
Now, there's the theory that Mist is his true ancestor, but that's stretching it in my opinion.
1. No signs point to that
2. Priam wouldn't be so proud of his heritage if he was only tangentially related to the Radiant Hero
3. The Ragnell is not the type of weapon that could so easily be given out to people not closely related to Ike.
Mist.png

Now Soren on the other hand...
I'm not saying Soren's gay, but if there was one dude he'd do it with, we all know who it'd be.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah I've heard Priam be brought up a lot since he explicitly says he's descended from Ike. Honestly I doubt that any Nintendo character except maybe Soleil was written to be canonically gay. That's why I usually lean towards them being straight or bisexual, more often than not.

But that doesn't really carry any romantic connotations with it, unless I'm reading the in-game text wrong or something.
It's called subtext, Steven

Rocket Raccoon

Writing Team

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
And theorizing and speculating based on ****ing chairs is okay?

Yeah, one's clearly the absurd one compared to the other

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
100% real unannounced newcomer list:
1. Clubba (Paper Mario)
2. Dr. Crygor (Warioware)
3. Jagen's Horse (Fire Emblem)
4. Tobin (FIre Emblem)
5. Niime (Fire Emblem)
6. Joy (Bayonetta)
7. Magcargo (Pokemon)
8. Poe Collector (Zelda)
9. Quiz Show Host (Rhythm Heaven)
10. Garnet (Steven Universe)
i cant say anymore but this is reaal 1000% if you have questions i will ask my dad about it
You joke but I'd be 100% hyped for Tobin, considering he's my *checks list* eighth favorite Fire Emblem character.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Here's an article I found on it.

https://lgbtqgamearchive.com/2016/09/05/ike-and-soren-in-fire-emblem-path-of-radiance/

It's, once again, completely up to the player to decide if Ike is actually gay/bi or not but I like to think he is.
And that's completely fine. Headcanon whatever you want, it ain't my place to try and invalidate it. I'm just trying to find a reason why so many people are convinced that Ike is canonically 100% gay, because I just don't see it. For Soren I can definitely see it but in the case of Ike I gotta agree with Idon Idon in that he's most likely ace or just doesn't care.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Google Says Otherwise!
View attachment 162978
Also you can't tell me Peasley from Superstar Saga wasn't into Luigi
You can't tell me Luigi didn't feel something either. Peasley practically had him wrapped around his finger!

Also, it's really great how there's a really sizable amount of people who dedicate themselves to proving Bowser has homoerotic fantasies or subtext behind him.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Sometimes I pop into this dicussion to see if anything interesting is being discussed. And sometimes I am incredibly disappointed.

So here is something I think is interesting. Wasn't last week's Direct announcement the day before the Direct? If so, they will probably do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom