• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Bayo is an honorary Nintendo character at this point.

She's so bisexual she went to save her girlfriend and lesbian lover from what is essentially hell in her second game.

And the first one is literally partially about all the things that same lover did for her.

You can say they're just rivals/girlfriends but I say they are girlfriends.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bayonetta is the ultimate LGBT gaming icon.
No, really, I've seen so many gay fans that it's funny, considering she was clearly not created for a LGBT audience :p

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Sometimes I'm curious if I missed anything by not looking at this thread today, then I read the last several pages and realize I missed nothing at all.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Peach is definitely a virgin despite what the art would say, and Rosalina as well for having infinite small star babies to look after and no actual social life until recently.

Link? Depends. BotW had him get snatched by The Great Fairies with implications of something... more.

Zelda had a descendant in Spirit Tracks so she ain't as pure as we think.

Captain Falcon had to of.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Ok because this is an ultra serious post...How is Bowser a virgin?! He has a canon child....and also is a huge dilf fight me.
He's so dedicated to getting a girl who's already got a man that he kidnaps her on a regular basis.
That's pretty virgin.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I really have to say, that while this wait is the shortest we’ve ever had for a Smash game, I might argue that in terms of everyone slowly losing their minds that might actually be worse. As soon as the first trailer dropped the game was in its “so close we can taste it” stage. A game is easy to forget about and ignore when it’s due out in 1-2 years, but when we’re going to have this in a matter of months it’s easy for anticipation and excitement to be hard to fight off. Some of the topics I’ve seen made and questions I’ve seen asked in this period have been more buckwild than anything I ever saw in Brawl or 4’s dev cycle, and I think that’s hilarious and goes to show we’re all losing it.

So guys, if you woke up as your Smash 4 main and was married to your Melee secondary, how would your life change?
:4drmario: married to :jigglypuffmelee: honestly doesn't sound too cute lmao

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sometimes I'm curious if I missed anything by not looking at this thread today, then I read the last several pages and realize I missed nothing at all.
Listen, there's honestly nothing of value here 99% of the time.
It's just people shooting the **** with conversations that tangentially revolve around Smash.

Expect nothing
And you will never be disappointed.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
This is like the 10th post I've seen saying this...honestly this is the speculation I live for.

Much rather join this conversation than why did they not reveal the direct yet. But that's just me and I get that. Really looking forward to have new content to talk about!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think another thing that makes me see that Bayo x Jeanne might be more is that Bayo and Jeanne's personalities around other characters are often far more brash and direct.

Bayo and Jeanne straight up turn into different women around one another. Look at the way they treat say Luka (especially Bayo) to the way they treat each other.

I know Luka's kinda of a giant pervert, but it's at least something of a hint.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
While it's "safe to say" for a few, there are only 2 100% for sure.

:ultbowser::ultchrom:

I'm not familiar enough with Streetfighter, Metal Gear and Castlevania to speak on those...and I just saw that apparently Ike has a sister? So Priam doesn't have to be a direct descendant.

Oh and maybe:ultolimar: lol which is a weird thought
Oh yeah, Bowser canonically banged and impregnated Miyamoto. I forgot.

I’d say that all canon 100% non-virgins are:
:ultbowser: (Has a child)
:ultmarth: (Has descendants)
:ultchrom: (Has a child)
:ultolimar: (Has children)
:ultsimon: (Has descendants, including :ultrichter:)
:ultrichter: (Has descendants)
:ultpacman: (Has a child)
:ultyounglink: (Eventually as an adult; Twilight Princess Link is a blood descendant of the Hero of Time)
:ultzelda: (Eventually at least; Zelda 1 Zelda is her descendant)

However, there are also some characters who have the chance to lose their virginity as a result of player choice:
:ultrobin (Can marry and have a child)
:ultlucina: (Can marry and have a child)
:ultcorrin: (Can marry and have a child)
:ultfox: (Has a child with Krystal in one of StarFox Command’s ending)
:ultcloud: (If his relationship with Tifa is high enough they bang under a train and everyone watches them)

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I really have to say, that while this wait is the shortest we’ve ever had for a Smash game, I might argue that in terms of everyone slowly losing their minds that might actually be worse. As soon as the first trailer dropped the game was in its “so close we can taste it” stage. A game is easy to forget about and ignore when it’s due out in 1-2 years, but when we’re going to have this in a matter of months it’s easy for anticipation and excitement to be hard to fight off. Some of the topics I’ve seen made and questions I’ve seen asked in this period have been more buckwild than anything I ever saw in Brawl or 4’s dev cycle, and I think that’s hilarious and goes to show we’re all losing it.

So guys, if you woke up as your Smash 4 main and was married to your Melee secondary, how would your life change?
If I'm :4corrinf: and I wake up in bed next to :4falcon:... let's just say I'm never leaving that bed

Shroob

Sup?
As awkward as this is....

Enjoy it, aftet 88 or so days, the game will be out, and this period in Ultimate speculation will be over.

We're never going to get back these "88~ days until launch", so just, enjoy the weirdness and ****,

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So we know about most of the Final Smashes and thier names with Daisy, Richter, and Young Link being the only characters that we know basically nothing about though it can be surmised what they could potentially be.

What do you think? What are those three Final Smashes?

Additionally, we know the names of all the Final Smash’s save for Ridley, Donkey Kong, Fox, Faldo, Wolf, Dedede, Shiek, Snake, and Zamus. What do you think is thier names?

Finally, we know nothing of Final Smash’s are are currently under questionable as they were either transformative or seem to possess traits not akin to the current Final Smash design: Diddy Kong, Lucario, Peach, Yoshi, and Pair Up (due to Chrom). What do you think will be thier potentially new Final Smash?
For the record, I’ve been keeping a list of all characters whose Final Smashes we have not yet seen or heard of in any capacity:
  • Yoshi
  • Luigi
  • Captain Falcon
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Young Link
  • Meta Knight
  • Diddy Kong
  • Lucario
  • R.O.B.
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Greninja
  • Mii Brawler
  • Mii Swordfighter
  • Mii Gunner
  • Robin
  • Richter
Of these, I suspect Luigi, Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, R.O.B., and Wii Fit Trainer will likely have the same Final Smashes as before. Peach may too, but if so, she and Daisy will have to have different Final Smashes like Pit and Dark Pit. Greninja’s Final Smash may be changed in some way to incorporate Ash-Greninja, but it also may not. Unlike all the other characters I just listed, the Miis are more up in the air; though none of their Final Smashes are incompatible with Ultimate’s Final Smash design, the Miis have received lots of overhauls in design and movepools in general from what we can see, so I wouldn’t be shocked if their Final Smashes followed suit. Richter also likely shares his Final Smash with Simon; after all, he was the one who originated the Grand Cross move, not Simon. It actually makes more sense on him.

On to more interesting topics. Yoshi, Diddy, and Lucario must have reworked Final Smashes because transformations have been removed. I suspect Diddy will still use Rocketbarrel Barage, but it will be an automated attack more along the likes of Super Sonic, except Diddy will most likely stay close to the top of the screen while shooting peanuts downwards. My guess for Lucario is that he will regain Aura Storm from Brawl, but now he will Mega Evolve before performing it. Yoshi, however, is more of a tossup. He could also have a “keep his old transformation but use it to perform an automatic attack sequence”-style Final Smash, but I think it’s more likely that he will perform an entirely new Final Smash using the Mega Eggdozer from Yoshi’s New Island. As bad as that game is, I think that would honestly be the superior Final Smash, but that’s just my opinion. Also, even though they don’t possess a transformation Final Smash, Robin will also require changes to their Final Smash because Chrom is now playable. I suspect it will still remain Pair-Up instead of anything having to do with Grima, though. My guess is that Frederick will replace Chrom, but otherwise the attack will be relatively similar.

That just leaves Daisy and Young Link, and they are by far the hardest to speculate on. In my opinion, the contents of Daisy’s Final Smash will be highly dependent on whether or not they change Peach’s Final Smash; if they don’t, then Daisy’s Final Smash will probably be more personalized, but if they do change it to something less “edible peach” themed, then Daisy will probably just have a variation on that. If Sakurai is willing to delve into more “obscure” territories, I could see Daisy’s Final Smash being based on one of her sports appearances, such as her super move from either Mario Power Tennis or Mario Tennis: Aces (though the latter is probably too recent.) It could even be similar to her Mega Strike in Mario Strikers: Charged. Hell, if he wants to draw back to her origins, he could even have her Final Smash be an attack by Tatanga, though I’m not sure if Sakurai wants to delve quite that deep. I think it’s too hard to pinpoint exactly what Daisy’s Final Smash is going to be, but if I had to guess... I think it’s probably just going to be something generic with flowers involved in some way. I would love to be wrong, though!

Young Link, like Daisy, has the potential to either have a more personalized Final Smash or a more generic one, in this case Triforce Slash. However, given the fact that he’s not technically an Echo Fighter, and given he has arguably more material to work with than Daisy, I think it’s highly likely he will have a completely unique Final Smash. Fierce Deity Link gets thrown around a lot, and even though regular Link still has a color pallete based off of him, I think it’s quite likely a possibility regardless. Obviously it would have to involve a scripted attack sequence since Ultimate has removed all install supers, but even so, Fierce Deity Link is the perfect combination of “badass and true to the character” that I find it highly doubtful Sakurai would pass it up. I also think that he could use a variation on Link’s Ancient Arrow with a Light Arrow instead, (similar to Zelda’s old Final Smash,) or even incorporate the other transformation masks into an attack sequence in some way. At the end of the day though, I don’t think Young Link is going to end up with Triforce Slash.

Worth noting that while we haven’t had any footage or screenshots of Duck Hunt’s Final Smash, his blog update seems to have confirmed that his Final Smash has not changed, so I removed him from the list once I got that information.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've embraced the fact that this thread is terminal.

Super excited to see more of what K. Rool can do. Seems like a really fun zoner-y heavy.

So something like Snake if he was an obese Kremling King.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I'd ask "what'd I miss", but I feel like if I receive an answer I'd be even more confused than just already being confused by the past few pages I tried skimming through.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, I don't see the harm in some speculation?

Also, I highly doubt that Wolf, after living to be almost 40, hasn't done anything with someone else. Honestly, I can't see him as ace cause he just strikes me as a player.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I definitely started this Gay discussion, which is a fact I'm not necessarily un-proud of. I think it's a fun discussion to have and it definitely interests me, seeing all the responses from people of many different backgrounds is always neat.
It's not hard to see that gaming has a very diverse fanbase nowawdays, and sometimes there's cries for representation from people who don't necessarily get as much as other people. I think headcanons and shipping are fairly harmless, especially when so many characters aren't given strict canon sexualities, and subtext creates discussion, of course. I think the most important thing is being open to having these kinds of discussions (even if this is only marginally relevant to the board's topic- oops), and hey, maybe you'll rethink some characters you hadn't previously thought about before.
More canon LGBT rep would be nice, but for now fanon is all we have, so it's good to have these discussions. If anything it helps me get it out of my system. I love you all. Sidon is gay. Goodnight.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I've always wondered what makes people think this, anyways. Yeah I know the stuff everybody usually brings up but none of it really points to Ike being gay. I've always just seen him as probably bisexual, or just not caring since he's too chad for that ****.
I always hate this discussion. We are given literally no indication of Ike's sexual orientation. He shows no romantic interest in Soren, ranulf, or elincia or any character at all. Like why can't characters just be friends? Close relationships with non family members that aren't sexual exist.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Our lives would be confusing because their names would both be Sh__k, and our close friends would probably make it a habit to combine our names into a collective name to refer to us as, much to our annoyance. I would also have future sight and a laser sword, and my wife would be a ninja that also happens to be a mage and a princess. So my quality of life would go from grinding poverty and mediocrity (minus my lovely IRL wife) to being a demi-god and royalty. Not bad.

Oh and I just bought a Switch and a new GameCube controller today. So I am at last prepared once I get the adaptor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom