• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I just don't see what a characters' sexuality has anything to do with Smash ultimate and I don't think this is the thread to discuss it.

On another note. Let's say Geno doesn't get in and we we could have one other character from a Mario Rpg game make it in as a fighter who would you guys pick?

I'd personally want Vivian from Paper Mario she would be pretty cool.
I mean, these are characters in Smash Ultimate.

Anyways, Vivian would be neat, absolutely.

Shroob

Sup?
I just don't see what a characters' sexuality has anything to do with Smash ultimate and I don't think this is the thread to discuss it.

On another note. Let's say Geno doesn't get in and we we could have one other character from a Mario Rpg game make it in as a fighter who would you guys pick?

>She

boi

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yes, because a character's ****ing physique and how attractive they are is contributing to the damn thread?

I don't understand that viewpoint at all.

Last edited:

Polan

Smash Lord
Yeah, what the **** are people's problems with this?

There are literally people who posted gross "female bisexuality is hawt" **** which us a total fetish thing and people who talk of how hot certain female and male characters look in this game.

I don't see how this is any worse? Seems like natural progression to talk of sexuality and virginity given the levels we've already reached
sexuality is unfortunately still an icky subject to a lot of people, even if its jokey. and i mean this is supposed to be a smash bros thread....except literally every topic has been talked about multiple times unless people really want yet another shouting match over pokemon. but if we really want something to talk about, there's this
https://www.nintenderos.com/foro-ni...no-entrar-si-no-quereis-spoilers-es-en-serio/
probably nothing but its kind of interesting.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312

The boring and obvious choice of Paper Mario tbh. Preferably with his partners implemented into the moveset so Vivian and the others could join in some fashion alongside him.

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
….

I think Boshi answers are incoming. (Zinith)

I genuinely don't understand these reactions beyong being going "ugh, gays". I understand if it's not your thing, but you could try and be constructive towards a different discussion, or maybe try and-- god forbid-- contribute to a topic which doesn't initially interest you? Just some constructive suggestions : )
I said "sexualities" not gays. Nice try painting me as a homophobic though :)

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
sexuality is unfortunately still an icky subject to a lot of people, even if its jokey. and i mean this is supposed to be a smash bros thread....except literally every topic has been talked about multiple times unless people really want yet another shouting match over pokemon. but if we really want something to talk about, there's this
https://www.nintenderos.com/foro-ni...no-entrar-si-no-quereis-spoilers-es-en-serio/
What would Wii Fit get as a 2nd rep?

Shroob

Sup?
Yes, because a character's ****ing physique and how attractive they are is contributing to the damn thread?
I mean, to be brutally honest, what exactly 'contributes' to this thread in downtime like this?

The direct was delayed, the fake leaks are ****.... There's really nothing 'else' to do except ****post.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226

Outside of Paper Mario ofc, I wish Mr L will make it in to Smash as either an alt, echo, or even unique! He has a good design!
Mr._L_Artwork_(Super_Paper_Mario).png

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord

I'm not particularly interested in the character sexuality convo either, but it's the general thread. There isn't a theme beyond relating to Smash, and the sexuality convo is about characters in Smash. Seems like a fine place to discuss it.

Also Cackletta is the right answer for Mario RPG rep. Always Cackletta. even if Geno IS in the running honestly. Main villain of first entry in her series, memorable personality, unique moveset potential, female representation, and could bring good music/stages.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
The boring and obvious choice of Paper Mario tbh. Preferably with his partners implemented into the moveset so Vivian and the others could join in some fashion alongside him.
What do you mean by him? She's part of the shadow sirens along with her sisters is Vivian not?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Vivian would make sense, she's got a pretty unique design.

But Koops' got the Hoodie.

And the Yoshi Kid's a real one.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Maybe if she was in more games this would mean something. :rotfl:
Remember when K Rool managed to abduct Dixie like he did Diddy and DK?

Yeah I don't either.

When you're a showstopper, you don't need to show up to every show to hit the biggest impact.

Besides Diddy always needed a crutch to finish his journeys in DK or Dixie. Dixie saved both of them while babysitting her worthless cousin at the same time, giving her a handicap instead.

Boom. Tit for Tat. Diddy got no moves.

Last edited:

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
I have zero problem with the ****posting since there's nothing to talk about otherwise.

I mean unless you want to talk about chairs, Vergeben or how Shadow would work as an echo again.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm thinking that Wii fit and R.O.B files for possible additional newcomers are just placeholders or something. There's no way they're getting a 2nd character. I mean who else is there in their series?

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord

Fawful

Last edited:

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
Hold the **** on, I’m gonna stop you right there. Vivian is a girl. Vivian isn’t even really a guy in the JP Release, her sisters just bully her and call her a boy. There’s a reason Nintendo threw it out in USA and EUROPE releases. It was unneeded and frankly Vivian always behaves like a girl. She never even seems trans ANYWHERE. Japan loves that stuff though, and it’s likely why it made it into the JAPANESE RELEASE.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
This kind of tone seems to be jumping the gun a bit, don't you think?
I don't think, no. Cause when people try their damndest to shut down discussions of diversity, I can approximate their character to a degree. To each their own, though.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm thinking that Wii fit and R.O.B files for possible additional newcomers are just placeholders or something. There's no way they're getting a 2nd character. I mean who else is there in their series?
Afaik, it's also for Game and Watch and Ice Climbers.

I'll say it's 99.9% nothing and people are reading too deep into this.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Lizard1929 is correct. Boshi answers incoming...

GIMME MY COOL BAD YOSHI!!! :yoshi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why were we talking about if Ike was gay or not

because I mean, I'm 99.99% sure he's not
Marth scored
Sigurd scored and we see his ****ing son be the protagonist
Same thing above with Eliwood

who else am I missing that obviously scored and can't get the g card?

Polan

Smash Lord
Professor Hector and the Wii Fit Trainer board are the only two that come to mind. wait have we seen the wii fit board?

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I don't think, no. Cause when people try their damndest to shut down discussions of diversity, I can approximate their character to a degree. To each their own, though.
Assuming something that big based on forum posts seems a bit extreme to me, tbh.

Shroob

Sup?

Marth scored

Roy can marry like 6 or 8 different girls in his game. Way back when the joke used to be he was a harem protagonist, having a ton of women, but never scoring with any.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Marth scored

He runs away with Soren/Ranulf at the end of his second game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom