• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I'm going to regret asking this but who is the first?
Birdo. Here's a Wikipedia excerpt:
"The manual for Super Mario Bros. 2 originally asserts that Birdo is a boy who "thinks he is a girl""

Honestly Birdo's a bit transphobic of a character, clearly meant to mock rather than embrace trans individuals originally with that description, but some have come to embrace Birdo as representation instead of taking offense.

I'm not sure where I land on it personally. I'm not trans so I'm not sure I can say how it feels from that perspective to see a character like Birdo with that history.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I can already see this convo taking a bad turn so if any of y'all turn this into tumblr-tier ****slinging I'm gonna destroy this thread with the infinity gauntlet.

Mod Edit: Image deleted. Please be mindful of violent and inappropriate images.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Cool, you do you, but we're also allowed to do what we please?

You're coming off as a little condescending, chief. Let's hold off on the mouthing.
Who am I mouthing? Is it mouthing time? I'm a pretty candid guy if that's what you're asking. :090:

Terry Beauregard gets in, your reaction?
Isn't his last name Bogard

I can already see this convo taking a bad turn so if any of y'all turn this into tumblr-tier ****slinging I'm gonna destroy this thread with the infinity gauntlet.
View attachment 163009
that's a gun

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Well there are already links inside that thread that'll show you she predicted Ridley and K ROOL just before they were announced
I mean, no, they didn't predict Ridley before they were announced.

Vergeben's info goes all the way back to May iirc, and was the talk of ResetEra for awhile to the point that the mods even agreed it was legit.

K.Rool is the only one we can say with certainty that 'they got right', and even then, not sold yet.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Anyways, since some of our presences seem to be making others uncomfortable and willing to argue over something so harmless, I'll be off.

Have wonderful nights, everyone. Remember that everyone is valid though.

Also, calling something akin to "Tumblr ****" is honestly just as bad as the **** those elitists spout. Just ****ing let people live, for pete's sake

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That moment when Paper Mario has more going for him then Waluigi.
Eh, given that's always been fairly popular, I wouldn't be surprised if he was considered for a later title in the series. Whatever his moveset is, it should play into his sneaky cheater personality. Or have him be a scumbag and steal moves from every character.

I don't doubt he's more popular than Daisy, but she can use Peach as a basis while Waluigi is too different from the rest of the roster body wise to have a basis. So he's stuck in Assist Trophy Hell with Lyn, Midna, Bomberman, Zero and Knuckles.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Wow, so fun seeing straight people try to lead a conversation on sexuality. "A homophobic" or "the LGBT of characters". Groundbreaking.

Let people talk representation they want to see in video games. If they wanna see a POC or someone LGBTQ, let them. I for one will not rest until Link is gay.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Everyone was predicting Ridley right before E3.

Predicting that K. Rool would be in the Direct wasn’t that hard either.
Mind you, Ridley was solely due to Vergeban. It's piggybacking.

K. Rool wasn't super hard to guess after Ridley was announced.

So yeah, I wouldn't put any stock into this either. There's already a credible leaker noting Ridley beforehand, meaning just about anybody can be a copycat. K. Rool was easily expected just cause of the Ridley reveal. I agree, yeah, this means nothing.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Wow, so fun seeing straight people try to lead a conversation on sexuality. "A homophobic" or "the LGBT of characters". Groundbreaking.

Let people talk representation they want to see in video games. If they wanna see a POC or someone LGBTQ, let them. I for one will not rest until Link is gay.
Let:ultlink:me:ultlink:date:ultlink:Sidon!

gloop898

Smash Cadet
Has Famitsu leaked?
It doesn't usually leak until Wednesday if I remember right.
Still though even when it does leak it's unlikely to have any real information in it.
Info about Smash and directs don't usually happen until 2 weeks after and even it it was this week Nintendo could have easily asked them to not print it. It might have been earlier enough to catch it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I see we’re still discussing the sexuality of some characters...

You know that Goku debate doesn’t sound so bad afterall.
I hope Goku will get in Smash as a playable fighter just to destroy that "no anime characters" rule and pave the way for Team Rocket Meowth, Nester from Nintendo Power, and Captain N.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I hope Goku will get in Smash as a playable fighter just to destroy that "no anime characters" rule and pave the way for Team Rocket Meowth, Nester from Nintendo Power, and Captain N.
I'll gladly support Meowth as always, but I don't think that necessitates adding Goku.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
:073: What does being straight have to do with it if someone who is wants to be a part of the conversation?

Nobody protested the idea that anyone should believe or not believe certain things, the whole idea of clashing opinions is that different ideas exist and people can coexist with those two different ideals.

Though the only way I see Nintendo making a gay Link happen is if they let you make him a chick through some pre-game avatar select stuff. They almost did it with BoTW I think.
But I'm always brutally honest so don't take things that might hurt from me as some type of anti-stuff or whatever I don't know how this stuff works.

Last edited:

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 9.34.57 PM.png

Sorry I don't make the rules
S tier is "not gay"; A tier is "gay". idk why it didn't show up lol

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
:073: What does being straight have to do with it if someone who is wants to be a part of the conversation?

Nobody protested the idea that anyone should believe or not believe certain things, the whole idea of clashing opinions is that different ideas exist and people can coexist with those two different ideals.

Though the only way I see Nintendo making a gay Link happen is if they let you make him a chick through some pre-game avatar select stuff. They almost did it with BoTW I think.
Nintendo wouldn't even make being gay an option in Tomagachi life I don't seem them making Link gay any time soon, specially since he always has Zelda as a love interest.

Now Fem Link, that has a shot at happening.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
No I mean like, he literally disappears with Soren/Ranulf.
Canonically, Ike travels to realms unknown and another individual isn't specifically mentioned outside of Soren/Ranulf's A Supports. Regardless of who he takes with him, if he even takes anyone, Ike most likely crosses an Outrealm gate (probably by accident) and ends up in Marth's world. He ends up meeting a nice lady, and BAM! One eon later, Priam.

Now, the nature of Supports is that there's no canonical answer for them save for the few that are fairly clear such as Chrom-Sumia. I'd say Eliwood-Ninian is also pretty canon, but that's beside the point.

Ike has no defined canonical support, and what supports he does have do not change his ending. Therefore, regardless of Soren or Ranulf, he leaves Tellius forever. He ends up in Marth's/Alm's realm, and ends up having a wife and children. If anything, I think Ike's canonical ending is one where he either travels alone, or takes both Ranulf and Soren with him to start another band of mercenaries elsewhere. But we do know that Priam is canon to Awakening due to Paralogue characters being legit as they have character-specific endings if you beat the game with them in your party.

If Priam is unmarried at the end of Awakening (he can only marry F Robin, anyway), he essentially repeats Ike's ending from Radiant Dawn and vanishes without anyone going with him (a direct reference to his ancestor). It states he hopes to end up in a place where the Radiant Hero's legend is more recognized. (Basically, it's hinting that Priam eventually makes it to Tellius. New Tellius game with Priam as main Lord character pls.)

So, there's that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom