• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sigh not everything has to be about Verg or Loz guys.
Nobody’s talking about either of them right now.

The only mention of either on this page is referring to how Verg leaked Ridley, which was only brought up because you claimed someone else who did the exact same thing (after Verg did it and everyone was bandwaggoning) is a reliable source because of it.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Canonically, Ike travels to realms unknown and another individual isn't specifically mentioned outside of Soren/Ranulf's A Supports. Regardless of who he takes with him, if he even takes anyone, Ike most likely crosses an Outrealm gate (probably by accident) and ends up in Marth's world. He ends up meeting a nice lady, and BAM! One eon later, Priam.

Now, the nature of Supports is that there's no canonical answer for them save for the few that are fairly clear such as Chrom-Sumia. I'd say Eliwood-Ninian is also pretty canon, but that's beside the point.

Ike has no defined canonical support, and what supports he does have do not change his ending. Therefore, regardless of Soren or Ranulf, he leaves Tellius forever. He ends up in Marth's/Alm's realm, and ends up having a wife and children. If anything, I think Ike's canonical ending is one where he either travels alone, or takes both Ranulf and Soren with him to start another band of mercenaries elsewhere. But we do know that Priam is canon to Awakening due to Paralogue characters being legit as they have character-specific endings if you beat the game with them in your party.

If Priam is unmarried at the end of Awakening (he can only marry F Robin, anyway), he essentially repeats Ike's ending from Radiant Dawn and vanishes without anyone going with him (a direct reference to his ancestor?). It states he hopes to end up in a place where the Radiant Hero's legend is more recognized. (Basically, it's hinting that Priam eventually makes it to Tellius. New Tellius game with Priam as main Lord character pls.)

So, there's that.
Boi, give me a TLDR.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I like SmashBoards because when people get angry you can't tell what their trying to say because the subject, verb, and direct object are all somehow censored.

Anyways , being mad at the gays just gives us power

if you want to conquer us challenge us to a streetrace because we can't drive

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Now Fem Link, that has a shot at happening.
That's specifically why I mentioned it in such a fashion. Prince Zelda isn't really a thing right now, and the one time there actually was

It didn't end well.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I’m thinking of a Pokémon. Everyone gets to ask up to 3 yes or no questions, but they must be in the same post.

Your guess of which Pokémon can come in a separate post and you only get one guess, so make it count.

I will reply to as many questions in one post as possible.

The first to guess wins and can think of a different Pokémon.

Go!
Would the Pokemon look cool in shades?
Is the Pokemon the kind of Pokemon you'd like to go to a pub and have a few drinks with?
Would the Pokemon make a comfortable bed?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why can't there just be an area between best friend and romantic partner?
Why can't there just be...

GUY LOVE?

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Honeslty I'm more concerned about other reveals in the Nintendo Direct. I know this is a Smash topic but is anyone else interested in some general Nintendo news?

I'm also worried that due to the moved date and disaster that the Direct that we were originally getting will be torn apart and heavily edited. Game reveals will be moved to another Direct or outright not shown ever and instead quietly announced at some other time. And quiet announcements can seriously hurt certain games.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
:073: What does being straight have to do with it if someone who is wants to be a part of the conversation?

Nobody protested the idea that anyone should believe or not believe certain things, the whole idea of clashing opinions is that different ideas exist and people can coexist with those two different ideals.

Though the only way I see Nintendo making a gay Link happen is if they let you make him a chick through some pre-game avatar select stuff. They almost did it with BoTW I think.
Yeah, jumping to the Homophobe card because someone doesn't agree with you does not constitute a valid argument and not to mention the overuse of words like Homophobe/racist/sexist devalues their meanings. Social Media really didn't help which just made clash of opinions into a circus. Now all they really mean on the internet now is "people who disagree with me" to shut down conversations like it's a win button. This opinion coming from a gay himself.

Now back to the true topic at hand. I'm skepitcal of this Lady Bow person myself. The same arguments made in favor for Skull Kid as playable can also be used for him as a boss. So although I want him, I'm not going to jump the gun with him so I don't get my hopes up if this is the case.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I’m thinking of a Pokémon. Everyone gets to ask up to 3 yes or no questions, but they must be in the same post.

Your guess of which Pokémon can come in a separate post and you only get one guess, so make it count.

I will reply to as many questions in this post as possible.

The first to guess wins and can think of a different Pokémon.

Incorrect guesses so far: Gigalith

Questions so far:
Would the Pokemon look cool in shades? Yes

Is the Pokemon the kind of Pokemon you'd like to go to a pub and have a few drinks with? Yes

Would the Pokemon make a comfortable bed?No

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Refer to this post for answers to questions about the Pokémon I’m thinking of.

Is the Pokemon the kind of Pokemon you'd like to go to a pub and have a few drinks with? Yes

That applies to MANY Pokemon in my eyes...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I KNEW IT!!! I ****ING KNEW IT!

PINECO GOT LEAKED! PACK IT UP BOYZ!

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
I like SmashBoards because when people get angry you can't tell what their trying to say because the subject, verb, and direct object are all somehow censored.

Anyways , being mad at the gays just gives us power

if you want to conquer us challenge us to a streetrace because we can't drive
It's true. I've been in 3 accidents this year alone. My insurance hates me!

P.Kat

Smash Champion
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal Fans reaction...
First, my reaction:
P.Kat.exe has stopped functioning. Speechless completely speechless.

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal Fans reaction...
All Star fans: Yahooo, another day, another post on Shameboards from some thirsty child hoping for some lame ass Smash port on the Switch. It may be doing well, cause sheeple are drunk off the hype, but soon it'll flop, and then they see the light of Sony, and a new PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale *sniffs case* I can smell that sequel coming.

Woo! Sony always wins baby!

Now let's check out this Direct, cause to face the enemy you gotta know the enemy, and the enemy is a gamer... which I' am, but that's beside the point. Alright final announcement, Splatoon *laughs* see, *types in You Tube chat* *no Smash kiddies, take your L's* it's just more Splatoon for kiddies who can't cope with bulle- ehh what's going on? Why is it dark? *see Smash symbol* AHHH! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! this can't be happening!

Okay, okay calm down when's the release date? 2019? 2020? THIS YEAR?! NO WAY! The chat is going crazy, and You Tubers are already making video. *sad music* Why? Why can't it be our time? Why can't All Stars get a port or remade? Man, I can't take this, I can't take this *crumples in fetal position*

*months later*

Well I've come to terms with Smash Ultimate or whatever so let see what lame improvements this port has. WHAT?! Hazard toggle? Stage Morph? Super Meter? That's our stuff! First Cloud now this? How dare Sakurai keeps taking our stuff from us. *Falls on knees shaking fist at the sky*SAKURAI! YOU MANIAC! YOU'VE RUINED US, YOU GUTTED US, NOW WE HAVE NOTHING!

A cookie to whoever can get the reference.
So we know about most of the Final Smashes and thier names with Daisy, Richter, and Young Link being the only characters that we know basically nothing about though it can be surmised what they could potentially be.

What do you think? What are those three Final Smashes?

Additionally, we know the names of all the Final Smash’s save for Ridley, Donkey Kong, Fox, Faldo, Wolf, Dedede, Shiek, Snake, and Zamus. What do you think is thier names?

Finally, we know nothing of Final Smash’s are are currently under questionable as they were either transformative or seem to possess traits not akin to the current Final Smash design: Diddy Kong, Lucario, Peach, Yoshi, and Pair Up (due to Chrom). What do you think will be thier potentially new Final Smash?
I think Lucario's will be him using Aura Storm from Smash but in his Mega form, extra points if it cinematic.
I think Sheik Final Smash will be called 'Shadows of the Four Seasons'

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Now that Terry's been brought up, I'd love to see him get brought in as SNK's rep. Sakurai's a KOF fan (iirc) and SNK was pretty big alongside Capcom back in the day. Classic default, with Garou and Fatal Cutie as alts.

Along with them, Tecmo Koei is the other big one I'm surprised hasn't gotten anyone in smash yet given their good relations with Nintendo and Ninja Gaiden being another classic of the NES era.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
OG and Garou Terry is perfect as he is. One of the hypest characters in all of video games. His ENGRISH is the best in the business.

View attachment 163012

I WILL NOT accept any fake Terry's.
That reminds me!

I really want Terry Bogard in Smash. The more I think about it, the more excited I get. I really like Fatal Fury and King of Fighters games. I like many SNK fighting games on Neo Geo thanks to Wii Virtual Console.

Maybe Terry could have two costumes.

His default costume from Fatal Fury Special
1536554889198.png

His alternate costume from Garou: Mark of the Wolves
1536554987024.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Now that Terry's been brought up, I'd love to see him get brought in as SNK's rep. Sakurai's a KOF fan (iirc) and SNK was pretty big alongside Capcom back in the day. Classic default, with Garou and Fatal Cutie as alts.

Along with them, Tecmo Koei is the other big one I'm surprised hasn't gotten anyone in smash yet given their good relations with Nintendo and Ninja Gaiden being another classic of the NES era.
Between Terry and Hayabusa, I'm gonna go Hayabusa.

That man made me hype over the izuna drop and that's something I can't ever forget.

Last edited:

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
Priam claiming to be Ike's descendant doesn't mean anything. Not like he can prove it. There are no records of Ike's life after Radiant Dawn.

Enchess

Smash Lord

I'm gonna take a stab at this way too early.

What Pokemon maximizes looking cool in shades and being a good drinking buddy while minimizing comfort as a bed? According to my analysis, one Pokemon clearly optimizes this better than others.

Gigalith, I choose you!
Im gonna be pumped I'd I'm right

WaxPython

Smash Ace
. I just want some damn LGBT representation in Smash
Why? Smash isn't about a real life representation or we would have people like Sakurai and Reggie in the game.

Characters should be included based on their own merits not because they're LBGT and included for that reason alone.

Nintendo really ain't the sort of company to do things like that.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Dude, the Fire Emblem series could disappear off the face of the earth tomorrow and have noone remember it and I'd care just as much about it as I do now. I just want some damn LGBT representation in Smash and FE is the only series that got some.
We need a hero... a TRUE HERO!

Androobie

Banned via Warnings
On the topic of Ike’s sexuality, there’s no damning evidence either way. It's open to complete interpretation and both verdicts are viable headcanons, and anyone who demands you see it their own way is a ****stain.

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Priam claiming to be Ike's descendant doesn't mean anything. Not like he can prove it. There are no records of Ike's life after Radiant Dawn.
sure its one thing if priam just claims it and the game agrees its a dubious claim but this in-game bio doesnt seem to have any doubt about it

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why? Smash isn't about a real life representation or we would have people like Sakurai and Reggie in the game.
And you say that like it wouldn't be ****ing amazing to not have them be playable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How does Pineco drink?
Like all plants do. Absorbs it in his body.

OG Terry with Garou alts would be ideal. Espeically if one of his color palettes was made to look like Rock.

Ryu Hayabusa is someone I've mentioned a few times. One of the major NES "icons" (along with Arthur and to a lesser extent Bill/Lance). He's THE video game ninja. Though Scorpion and Sub-Zero are close seconds, they act a bit less ninja-y and more like comic book characters.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I'd go on about the Priam stuff, but it basically seems like a good chunk of you guys thoroughly explained it.

Anyway, here's a question I don't see thrown around quite a bit:
Think about your most wanted character, how would you feel if they got in and didn't feel suited to your play-style? Would you still try to adapt and main them, or would you just appreciate their spot on the roster and move on?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom