• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Was anyone else confused by how the obviously gay characters in Fates were unable to have gay relationships? I mean, there was a boy who wore pink and loved fashion and there was a girl who couldn't stop talking about how much she loved cute girls, but neither of them could be gay with anybody.
Me, to myself right now: "don't flip on them don't flip on them don't flip on them don't fli"
Ok, polite answer mode: Crossdressing Does Not Equal Gay

Enchess

Smash Lord
This has moved way to fast for me to follow. I'm just gonna throw out a long-shot Fatal Frame rep prediction to throw in people's face if by some miracle it happens.

I said K Rool was the character I was most confident in after E3 and now people act like no one could've predicted him. I already said I have a gut feeling in Fatal Frame rep happening. As much as I don't trust feelings and hunches for speculation, I'm gonna keep reiterated this so if by miracle she happens I can say "called it" and no one can deny I did.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Please don't read into Alolan Exeggutor being shown on the blog SO THAT MEANS A POKEMON NEWCOMER IS COMING
Its shadow is glitching out on the second screenshot. Clearly this means Shadow is confirmed.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's a stereotype, but honestly? Japan isn't ashamed to gollow through on stereotypes.

That being said, almost every effeminate guy I've seen in Japaense culture turns out to be bi or straight.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Most likely Medusa, especially with this villains theme they have going.
Well so far we only have :ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultkrool: as villainous newcomers while :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom: are all heroes, so I’m not gonna really go ALL IN with the villains thing just yet

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
This has moved way to fast for me to follow. I'm just gonna throw out a long-shot Fatal Frame rep prediction to throw in people's face if by some miracle it happens.

I said K Rool was the character I was most confident in after E3 and now people act like no one could've predicted him. I already said I have a gut feeling in Fatal Frame rep happening. As much as I don't trust feelings and hunches for speculation, I'm gonna keep reiterated this so if by miracle she happens I can say "called it" and no one can deny I did.
This thread is tough to follow sometimes. I think like 10 topics happened within the last 20 minutes :yoshi:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's a stereotype, but honestly? Japan isn't ashamed to gollow through on stereotypes.

That being said, almost every effeminate guy I've seen in Japaense culture turns out to be bi or straight.
Meanwhile, macho/muscular dudes tend to be seen like the Village People. Cho Aniki is a rather noteworthy case, in the realm of video games.

In other words, beauty is pretty much Japan's idea of manliness, from what I can understand.

Well so far we only have :ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultkrool: as villainous newcomers while :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultchrom: are all heroes, so I’m not gonna really go ALL IN with the villains thing just yet
Yeah, it was most likely just a singular trailer theme, to tie into the context of Rool's return.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Im totally ALL IN for the villains, because Smash Ultimate is all about THE VILLAIN CLUB.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I missed the main party, but here's my Nintendo Direct bingo card. Happy hype cycles everyone~!

direct bingo3.png

Polan

Smash Lord
damn, just noticed all the lurkers. what are they doing anyway? just watching the ****posts?

you are not the only one that predicted a FF rep. I had Yuri on my pre-e3 roster but took her out when sakurai said "don't expect too many newcomers". someone from fatal frame could still get in tho, it just depends on wheter sakurai is willing to leave a popular choice aside.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The villains thing makes even less sense when you consider how Sakurai confirmed that they got in because they were very popular. There's no reason to believe that them being villains had anything to do with it.

Triangles

Smash Rookie
People discussing the possible character reveal tomorrow, but all I keep thinking is which character is next to die!

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
We all assume Spyro couldn't get in before Crash cause his new games were announced way after Ultimate, but to be fair, Spyro has Skylanders to keep him kinda relevant. What if we actually got that incarnation of the character?

D

Deleted member

If Incineroar is shown off tomorrow, I'm curious to see if his moveset and gameplay will change my mind on not wanting him. I was against Simon until I saw him in action, so who knows, maybe if he looks fun enough I'll hop on the Incineroar train too.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else afraid that this game is the last chance for your most wanted character to get in? I'm probably being too pessimistic, but now would be the best time to add a rhythm heaven character. If we don't get one, it might be a lot less likely later on :(

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
:ultinkling: is a bad guy when they're not on your team, the results screen in the Splatoon games even says so :p
(There really is quite a bit of a relative angle you can put on them, though... like, if you're a non-converted Octarian that is still stuck living in those absurdly contrived underground domes, you don't think very highly of Inklings for putting your species down there, do you?)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Is anyone else afraid that this game is the last chance for your most wanted character to get in? I'm probably being too pessimistic, but now would be the best time to add a rhythm heaven character. If we don't get one, it might be a lot less likely later on :(
Every single game I think that.
Worse is when a character I want gets in, but in a way I don't like.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
i'm not saying we won't see any Smash info, but just a heads up: don't 100% expect it.
Ugh. I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment now.
There's only 3 months until release...Direct's aren't common these days...
...but there's no way to know until it comes out tomorrow! Ack.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Are directs usually 35 minutes? Because with such a short amount of time that doesn't feel like how a direct usually is at all.

Chrono.

@pupNapoleon Because I like the idea of your game~

Sakurai : "I need your help to bring a new franchise into Smash. You are allowed
  • One new fighter
  • One echo fighter
  • One assist trophy
  • One stage (with bosses/hazards)
You may also specify
  • alternate fighter costumes
  • franchise trophies
  • stage music
  • reveal trailer
Brian(Quest 64)
I was going to list an Echo, but nobody fits his proportions right. The most similar character uses a very different weapon and body design, being Leo D'Nardo... who is actu
Wyvern/Red Wyvern as a combo Assist Trophy(would be able to show up as either version first, but the other one immediately helps out too)
Stage: Isle of Skye(I already talked about it in the Stage Creation Contest thread), but it basically is a combination of Blue Cave, Crystal Valley, and Isle of Skye itself. It has 4 hazards, being Termant(Earth), Pixie(Wind), Thunder Jell(Fire), and Grangach(Water). While the monsters aren't literally tied to the elements mentioned entirely, their attacks are focused on that idea.
Costumes: All are just simplistic colors, having the usual Red/Blue/Yellow/Green as well. No alts.
Franchise Trophies: Were Hare, Big Mouth, Were Cat, Wyvern, Red Wyvern, Brian, Mammon, Shannon Stork, Nightmare
Stage Music: Battle Music, Boss Battle Music, Final Boss Music, Isle of Skye, Blue Cave, Crystal Valley, Normoon
Reveal Trailer: I haven't put much thought into it, but Brian taking out 4 villains with a move from each element seems like an ideal way to start it off. The tagline could work as "Brian Spells Your Doom!"
Okay I'll go off the top of my head.

Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)

Unfortunately no echoes as no one else (that's notable anyway) in the Tales franchise dual wields swords.

Assist Trophy: Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia)
Stage: Tower of Salvation (ToS) or The Arena (a recurring area in all Tales games, but would feel redundant with Arena Ferox or the FE Coliseum)
Costumes: Color palettes based on the ToS party members and maybe some other Tales protags like Yuri or Asbel.
Trophies: Colette Brunel, Kratos Aurion, Genis Sage, Zelos Wilder, Mithos Yggdrasil and Emil Castagnier
Reveal trailer: Yeah I'm not creative enough for this.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Since I consider my push for Boshi to have just started, I'm OPTIMISTIC for him getting in the next entry if I'm active enough...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah, to be fair, Inklings have a turf war thing going on where the "sides" become a lot more blurred depending on your viewpoint

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Baxter and Forthington please.

Like I've been playing Rhythm Heaven and I've convinced myself these would be the best characters.
Ugh. I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment now.
There's only 3 months until release...Direct's aren't common these days...
...but there's no way to know until it comes out tomorrow! Ack.
I feel you; that said, I think we should temper our expectations because even if we get info, it's not gonna be the same walls of info we've obtained from the last two directs.

...on the other hand, if it is, that'd be hilarious.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
True. I still check Serebii once a month around Corocoro time though. You never know when they'll do the NEW POKEMON silhouette tease.

Who is the most visually appealing character in Smash Bros.

But not who has the best model.

Who is the hottest.

Come on team.

Anyway...

Which character do you think has the best model this time around?
Zamus, Palutena, Female Corrin.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Franchise: Guilty Gear
Character: Sol Badguy
Echo: Order Sol
Assist Trophy: Johnny
Stage: Japan (Stage that floats over the giant hole that used to be Japan. Justice appears as a stage boss, doing a good amount of her original attacks)

Sol's Alternate Colors:
1. Default
2. Ky Kiske
3. Milia Rage
4. Faust
5. Jam Kuradoberi
6. Sin Kiske
7. Ramletahl Valentine
8. Valentine

Trophies: All chars mentioned above plus:
May, Elphelt, Jack-O, Leo, Slayer, Zappa, A.B.A., Chipp

Stage music:
(This would be his trailer reveal music)

Please check out my support thread for Sol

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Usually they're more like 20-25 minutes. 35 minutes is actually fairly long. 45s are more rare.
They're probably spending that time explaining the online functions then, unless there's gonna be a ****ton of trailers since they'll probably focus on releases for the rest of their year.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Shovel Knight's already been shunted into an AT position, so Shantae is the second best option for me at this stage. For now, I'm not worried.

Yeah, to be fair, Inklings have a turf war thing going on where the "sides" become a lot more blurred depending on your viewpoint
Meanwhile, the Splatoon 1 Inklings act less sportsmanlike overall.

D

Deleted member

Are directs usually 35 minutes? Because with such a short amount of time that doesn't feel like how a direct usually is at all.
They're typically anywhere between 15 to 45 minutes long most of the time. If they're shorter than 15 minutes, they're considered Direct Minis/Micros.

Also, I don't think Sakurai retweeting the Direct is or isn't confirmation there'll be Smash stuff. It would help make it a lock, but plenty of developers and figures at Nintendo have retweeted Directs and nothing they were involved in ended up happening in the past.

At least, I remember there being instances where that happened. I could be wrong. :p

Either way, I would agree that Smash info isn't a lock tomorrow, but I don't think it's a longshot either. These fall directs are usually held to advertise the holiday line-up, even if it's just a small plug. I'm sure Smash will get something, even if it's something small. Just my thoughts, though; I am by no means an expert when it comes to predicting Nintendo. I am very likely wrong, lol. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom