• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
That's why you alter Isabelle's design so it does match.
It will look very weird because Isabelle was created with the post-New Leaf designs, which have longer limbs and are taller.
Isn't Lucy shorter than Marth?
In Smash, all Fire Emblem characters have the same skeleton allowing their moves to be easily copied onto another. Lucina was outright originally going to be a Marth alt like the Koopalings and Alph.

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
Post your impossible dreams for tomorrow:
New Games Announced (with gameplay for some)
Yoshi (Switch)
Paper Mario (Switch), similar to 64/TTYD
Animal Crossing (Switch)
Pikmin 4
Metroid Prime 4
Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
Not gonna predict 3DS because I have no idea honestly
Netflix-style Virtual Console
Every game released on a Nintendo console (minus Switch) will be available for stream-to-play for a monthly fee
New Custom Clothes mode for Smash Bros.
You can make custom outfits for in game characters and share them online
New stage(s) shown off for Smash
6 Past Stages, to fill up the Select Screen (which still looks weird to me)
Pac-Maze (3DS), Rainbow Road (3DS), Jungle Hijinxs (WU), Woolly World (WU), Orbital Gate (WU), Mute City (M)
Pictochat 1 will be patched into Pictochat 2 prior to launch, stage is now called Pictochat X
New Characters Announced for Smash -- 3 Echoes and 2 Newcomers from the list below
Unique Newcomers:
Issac, Geno, Skull Kid, Banjo Kazooie, Shantae, Tails, Chrous Kids, Captain Toad, Gen VII Pokemon Trainer (w/ Incineroar, Decidueye, Primarina)
Echoes:
Shadow (for Sonic), Dixie Kong (for Didddy Kong), Isabelle (for Villager), Octoling (for Inkling), Ms. Pac-Man (for Pac-Man), Ken (for Ryu)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The fact anyone suggets ''alter" Isabelle's look is weird.

You don't take an iconic and popular character like her in Smash and change how she looks to fit someone else.

That's not really what Sakurai does anyways.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Of course.

Training Mode getting its own dedicated stage was obviously going to happen too.
And let's not forget that Simon Belmont was so obvious, and Richter even more so. :V
Literally everything we've seen about Ultimate was obviously going to happen.
Directional air dodging, an iota of anything competitive being addressed?

I guessed it in my sleep it was Super obvious to everyone ever. (This is my favorite joke)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think a thing worth noting about Isabelle is that Villager doesn't really use his arms or legs for his attacks. You probably wouldn't have to do much to adjust Isabelle too much to make her work.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It will look very weird because Isabelle was created with the post-New Leaf designs, which have longer limbs and are taller.
They could easily make a Smash design for Isabelle that looks fine with Villager's older game proportions. Saying it'd look weird when we haven't even seen it seems like a way to just shoot the idea down.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
If we hear substantial amounts about Smash at all, I'm far more interested in non-character information. A detailing of the online modes would be worth so much more than any character.
This is definitely what I'm more anxious to hear about. For me it's not gonna matter much who they add at this point if we're still stuck with time mode for most of the online modes. Hopefully with how close to the online service launch we are, we actually get details for the online mode.

I'm also anxious about trophies returning, and classic target test, but i figure those would show up later than sooner.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
any interesting leak or something? I can't catch up with all the pages while I'm in work D: help

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

You don't take an iconic and popular character like her in Smash and change how she looks to fit someone else.

As long as she still looks like Isabelle I don't see the problem.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Why didn't they New Leaf-ify the Villager this time anyway?
I think if Isabelle's in, it makes sense for Villager to represent old Animal Crossing, with Isabelle representing New Leaf. Though, I'm not familiar enough with the series to be sure, but that's what friends who are fans have said.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Yeah. As I mentioned, they changed everyone's character designs in New Leaf to look less "chibi". Their limbs are longer and they are overall taller. Isabelle would have to be shrunk down to match the proportions of the earlier animal crossing games, resulting in her looking weird and not what we are used to. If they were going to make Isabelle an Echo Fighter than Villager would've had his appearance updated to match his appearance in New Leaf.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
any interesting leak or something? I can't catch up with all the pages while I'm in work D: help
Direct tomorrow.

Someone that predicted krool and ridley the day before their respective reveals now predicted skull kid tomorrow.

That about it

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Post your impossible dreams for tomorrow:
A remade trilogy of the Mother games
Announce Captain Toad Treasure Tracker 2 Electric Boogaloo
Smash segment that tells us about online with ranked and proper matchmaking
Give us a look at Bayonetta 3
More on Fire Emblem Three Houses
Character reveal for Smash, either Bandana Dee and/or Incineroar unique, and some echoes i.e. Isabelle and/or Dixie

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
So are we talking about how the Game Awards twitter is promoting the Nintendo Direct which they've never done before? WHAT DO YOU KNOW, GEOFF?

Feelin those Bayo 3 vibes.

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I actually would love BWD don't worry. He should be on this list like the rest of them.

Relevant:

At least one of these is getting out tmrw. I feel it XD
I always feel like chorus kids are left out of images like these... I guess they're never never never evers :crying:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I said in the Skull Kid thread a while ago IF Skull Kid is revealed I'm changing my main to Skull Kid.

It's been a nice ride Ridley

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord

Bowser, Ridley, and K. Rool were all altered to fit the character size limits so...

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
In my opinion, Isabelle can't be an Echo Fighter of Villager. The two characters do not share the same body proportions.
Okay it's your opinion but opinions can be wrong. It's an echo, not an alternate costume; it doesn't have to have the same proportion? They can have different hitboxes. Chrom is a Roy "echo" and has a different Up B and different final smash. Pretty sure they can tweak things a little for proportions.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is another person with insider information that seems to imply Isaac is getting released tomorrow

I wonder if it's going to be Isaac and Skull Kid

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Pikmin 4 Please.
Give it to me. I'd love a Pikmin for Switch.

As for Smash, I'm ready for anything.

D

Deleted member

There is another person with insider information that seems to imply Isaac is getting released tomorrow

I wonder if it's going to be Isaac and Skull Kid
Beard Isaac wearing Majora's Mask it is!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom