• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yes, I am aware of the slight differences that echoes have, but that stuff's purely extraneous to what forms the essence of a character, their playstyles. If they developers are given the time to make DLC, I'd rather they spend a lot of time on a good character with a price tag to match the effort. I'd gladly pay for that.

And even then those different stats and moves. the essentials only apply to specific characters and to a small degree. Any more and they'd be Dr. Mario leveled of differences.

As a side note, I find it tedious that people simultaneously argue that echoes occupy this space where they're somehow both so easy and require so little effort, they might as well be put in, regardless what they're actually like while at the same time having so much effort and time put into them to be far more heavy than alternate costumes.
It is indeed ignorant for people to say Echoes take like a month of development, but I'm no dev so I couldn't give you a real scale.

WallyPalmer

Smash Journeyman
Here's another good ol' text rumor. Have at it.

https://imgur.com/a/TpqgK2B
I wish but also like,,, that Gematsu language tho.
"Pokemon from gen 7"
innovating

Nah fam the guy's not straight, memoryman would sooner get help than say it's ok to not be straight
"Here at Nintendo we'd like to officially announce a new completely original character for Smash Brothers Ultimate. This is Daisy's wife, Petunia. She will now dominate the smash tier list for the next 4 years."

Memoryman also has something very personal about Bandana Dee getting in, and says he completely regrets even suggesting BWD has amiibo data. As a certified gay (tm) and Waddle Dee supporter many years running, **** Memoryman.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
You ever notice how a lot of the recent leaks has either geno, banjo,, dixie, or bandana dee in it?
Yeah they're pretty much just picking out of the pool of popular/likely picks for the game to get people interested in their leak

Iridium

Smash Hero
WHAT'S THIS?! A BEST BUY EVENT?! AND OUT OF ONLY 10 LOCATIONS, ONE OF THEM IS ACTUALLY NEAR ME?!

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED.
I got cursed hard. None of these locations are near me.

However, do you think you can record footage of the game maybe? It's fine if you can't.

StormC

Smash Hero
WHAT'S THIS?! A BEST BUY EVENT?! AND OUT OF ONLY 10 LOCATIONS, ONE OF THEM IS ACTUALLY NEAR ME?!

I HAVE BEEN BLESSED.
If it's anything like Smash 4, I hope you don't mind waiting 5 hours to play 2 minutes of gametime. :p

You ever notice how a lot of the recent leaks has either geno, banjo,, dixie, or bandana dee in it?
I mean, K. Rool was on like, 90% of fake leaks after E3. No exaggeration. Even if the rest of the roster was disappointing and stupid, K. Rool was there.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
And Isabelle and Shadow, something's definitively going on, i don't believe in coincidences.

Also, new leak
"So how should we make Shadow look on the CSS?

"ZOOM IN REAL CLOSE TO THE TOP HALF OF HIS FACE."

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
And Isabelle and Shadow, something's definitively going on, i don't believe in coincidences.

Also, new leak
Jesus that shadow one is laughable, how they could make that and not notice how zoomed in shadow is compared to every other character on the CS screen? These leaker really baffle me sometimes

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511

Also, new leak
Will he just give up already?

Yeah they're pretty much just picking out of the pool of popular/likely picks for the game to get people interested in their leak
The sad part is I see people somehow using that as "evidence" it was right. Blew my mind back in the days of the imgur rumor to read "Well it has the same characters Vegeben was saying so it has credibility!" even though it was, to my knowledge, made after Vergeben's leak.

Last edited:

Shepand Pagwins

Smash Rookie
Darnit, can we stop pretending to know what the "casual" auidence wants, or any other niche? You know whaf you want, and what other people want when they tell you, so coming up with an imagniary group of people that conveniently can't confirm nor deny your statement to support a charecter only hurts your argument in the long run.
Sorry if thats over agressive, It just bugs me when people do this

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I got cursed hard. None of these locations are near me.

However, do you think you can record footage of the game maybe? It's fine if you can't.
I could sure as hell try.

If it's anything like Smash 4, I hope you don't mind waiting 5 hours to play 2 minutes of gametime. :p
Even that much would be fine by me. I just need to try this game out.

StormC

Smash Hero
Well the same could be said for Zelda and Kirby, who haven't gotten newcomers since Brawl just like DK. Yes Zelda has 6 characters, but 3 of them are Link.

I personally think DK deserves Dixie as an echo at least to round out 4 characters, just like Metroid. Then, Zelda and Kirby get Skull Kid and Bandana Dee (the seemingly most requested characters for each series) as uniques to match both Metroid and DK getting unique newcomers too.
At least Zelda and Kirby got several new ATs, stages, and items. Literally the only new content DK got in Smash 4 were Kritters and Tikis in Smash Run, and a DKCR stage in Wii U. That's it. It still didn't get an AT despite not having one in Brawl either. It's a joke.

Also, Zelda and Kirby have their three biggest characters in. DK was missing its last two core characters in Smash 4.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Have you all seen this?

Huh, that's neat. RIP, remaining 42 states. Mine included.
*My state and capital is in*

YES YES YES YES IN YOUR FACE SUCK-

Er...I mean, my condolences to the ones in those excluded states. (Seriously though, sorry.)

Also, new leak
Balantly fake, Shadow’s headshot is too big, (no Ridley pun intended) same goes for Isabelle.

They didn’t even try with this one.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Also, new leak
So every character will have properly centered renders, but Shadow will be zoomed into his face for no reason?

The renders are all consistent with each other, as you'd expect from professionals. These ones are sticking out like an infected sore thumb.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
**** I didn't know September 1st was National Leak Day because goddamn those are a lot of blurry pictures.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Darnit, can we stop pretending to know what the "casual" auidence wants, or any other niche? You know whaf you want, and what other people want when they tell you, so coming up with an imagniary group of people that conveniently can't confirm nor deny your statement to support a charecter only hurts your argument in the long run.
Sorry if thats over agressive, It just bugs me when people do this
Chill man, it was just a prank bro

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Ive seen a lot of people ask "Well how are they gonnq reveal so many more characrers in only 3 months?", and I believe something like this could very well happen-

September Direct happens, and we get... 1 new fighter and 1 new echo. Thats it.

October- Nothing. Absolutley nothing. Until...

November- A 50 Fact Smash direct is announced for mid November.

Mid Novmeber rolls around, and Sakurai begins the Direct by saying "We know Smash fans always want more, so instead of 50 Facts, we will give you 60 facts. Still not enough? 70 facts."
The number of facts keeps increasong until it is revealed that there are actually 100 Facts in this Smash direct, and jumps right into the first newcomer.

The long painful wait is over with nearly 2 hours worth of new content. Newcomers, echoes, game modes etc being shot off rapid fire. The Everyone is Here trailer is remade with (you guessed it) everyone with an extended cut of the main theme. After all characters are added tothe mural, DLC is teased for early 2019.

Is it likely? No. Is Sakurai mad enough to do it? Yes. Do I want a 100 Fact Extravaganza?
jjba-stardust-crusaders-yes-yes-yes.jpg

StormC

Smash Hero
I wish but also like,,, that Gematsu language tho.
"Pokemon from gen 7"
innovating

"Here at Nintendo we'd like to officially announce a new completely original character for Smash Brothers Ultimate. This is Daisy's wife, Petunia. She will now dominate the smash tier list for the next 4 years."

Memoryman also has something very personal about Bandana Dee getting in, and says he completely regrets even suggesting BWD has amiibo data. As a certified gay (tm) and Waddle Dee supporter many years running, **** Memoryman.
Memoryman just bashes literally any character that isn't Daisy. First it was Ridley, then it was K. Rool, now Bandana Dee.

Like literally right before the Ridley and K. Rool reveals he mocked them. So now it's Bandana Dee's time obviously.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys think of this leak?

Newcomers:
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Geno
Isaac
Pokemon Gen 7 Rep (Likely Incineroar)
Rayman
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Black Shadow (Captain Falcon)
Dark Meta Knight (Meta Knight)
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Felix (Isaac)
Glass Joe (Little Mac)
Isabelle (Villager)
Ken (Ryu)
Medusa (Palutena)
Octoling (Inkling)
Shadow (Sonic)

Honestly if true I'd personally be satisfied with this roster. Doubt it is though...Shame because it'd be nice having Banjo-Kazooie, Black Shadow and Medusa.

Last edited:

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
At least Zelda and Kirby got several new ATs, stages, and items. Literally the only new content DK got in Smash 4 were Kritters and Tikis in Smash Run, and a DKCR stage in Wii U. That's it. It still didn't get an AT despite not having one in Brawl either. It's a joke.

Also, Zelda and Kirby have their three biggest characters in. DK was missing its last two core characters in Smash 4.
This, it’s really odd the lack of DK representation in the last two games. Not sure whose fault that is.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Can I just say that bandana dee doesn't really deserve to be in smash? I mean, he's a ****ing waddle dee with a bandana and a spear. It's like asking for a goomba with a wig and a gun to be in smash, it's stupid, imho.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Guys think of this leak?

Newcomers:
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Geno
Isaac
Rayman
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Felix (Isaac)
Glass Joe (Little Mac)
Isabelle (Villager)
Ken (Ryu)
Medusa (Palutena)
Octoling (Inkling)
Shadow (Sonic)

Honestly if true I'd personally be satisfied with this roster. Doubt it is though...Shame because it'd be nice having Banjo-Kazooie, Black Shadow and Medusa.
Another leak with the same characters REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
What the heck is going on today, why are there lot more users here than usual?

StormC

Smash Hero
Can I just say that bandana dee doesn't really deserve to be in smash? I mean, he's a ****ing waddle dee with a bandana and a spear. It's like asking for a goomba with a wig and a gun to be in smash, it's stupid, imho.
If Goomba with a wig and gun was in literally every Mario game in the last decade, either playable or in a supporting role, hell yeah I'd ask for him.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Y'know what? No.

I will never, EVER, accept Glass Joe as a Little Mac echo.
Not unless he's so GODAWFUL, he's bottom tier to the point where they create a new tier for how bad glass joe is.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Guys think of this leak?

Newcomers:
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Geno
Isaac
Rayman
Skull Kid

Echo Fighters:
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong)
Felix (Isaac)
Glass Joe (Little Mac)
Isabelle (Villager)
Ken (Ryu)
Medusa (Palutena)
Octoling (Inkling)
Shadow (Sonic)

That banjo render was confirmed fake, sooooooo

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I'm gonna go insane if Nintendo doesn't just announce the next real nintendo direct already… even if for some reason it doesn't have smash, i want to know about anything else to make me forget that we have only heard about nindies since after E3…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom