• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
This is what I meant when comparing her to dark samus, dark samus would not be in this game if she wasn't a clone.
Honestly, I’m kinda hoping that for DLC, Sakurai may decide to de-echo a character and make them unique with their own moves and specials for like 2-4 bucks depending on the differences (echoes are bonuses after all).

Dark Samus would be the first in my book, it’s popular, not to mention the abundance of awesome moves to compose a moveset for her.

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
That was before the conception of Echoes as an idea though. If Echoes weren't considered to be official or planned, :ultdaisy::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultrichter: are gone. Dixie would've been in the same boat since K. Rool was a big boy on the big ballot, already a new DK character.

Dark Samus is way more popular than you may think. Sakurai even said that she and Chrom were highly requested.
Say it with me now: Highly. Requested.
She was definitely significant enough to be recognized, and is already shown to be a far more capable fighter with her own ablities, but look what happened.

If you want a moveset based on hair, :ultbayonetta: has you covered. Dixie's chances as an Echo are way higher than her chances of being unique.
There's absolutely no rule that only one unique character from the same series can be in the game though. Characters are added based on their own merit, not to fill a rep slot.

Dark Samus is popular, but to call her more popular than dixie sounds like a stretch imo.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I’m kinda hoping that for DLC, Sakurai may decide to de-echo a character and make them unique with their own moves and specials.

Dark Samus would be the first in my book, it’s popular, not to mention the abundance of awesome moves to compose a moveset for her.
Yeeeeees.

I'd love if she got the floor tentacles as a dsmash or her splitting into two and firing lasers in a circle as a Dsmash.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly, I’m kinda hoping that for DLC, Sakurai may decide to de-echo a character and make them unique with their own moves and specials.

I don't think that has any chance of happening. Would people who don't buy the DLC just lose access to them? Will there be two different Dark Samuses in the roster? And, if Sakurai had the intention of totally revamping these characters post launch, why even include them as echoes in the first place?

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Nah fam the guy's not straight, memoryman would sooner get help than say it's ok to not be straight
That's a thing? Didn't know he was THAT ****ty.

Could dixie be an echo? without a doubt, physically she is capable of copying Diddy's moveset. Should she be one is an entirely different question. And I'd argue that given her popularity and the potential a ponytail based moveset holds that she shouldn't. She was planned to be unique in brawl afterwards (at least we assume so), I just hope sakurai still sees that potential.

You're not exactly wrong but they're replicated simply by replacing peach's effects, and they're also non-canon, daisy has only been in one canon game and doesn't display any actual abilities in that game.
Yeah, they're reskins when it comes to the flower stuff, but she's had the ability to control crystals in Strikers, I believe. The capacity for unique material exists, at the least.

"Canon" is not a good argument for any Mario characters. The series is the epitome of inconsistency largely because Miyamoto practically said the games have no canon and that people should think of them as characters in a play that simply play different roles between any media released about them.

But again, this hardly matters since she's an echo now and who cares? She started as a Peach skin and that's what she'll largely be, even in Smash.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
There's absolutely no rule that only one unique character from the same series can be in the game though. Characters are added based on their own merit, not to fill a rep slot.

Dark Samus is popular, but to call her more popular than dixie sounds like a stretch imo.
Except, Arigarmy didn't say DS was more popualr than Dixie, only that DS was very popular.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
She's in!
Can you please take the extra minute or two to evaluate a source before sharing it here.

Like that's the wrong twitter account and Sakurai doesn't even tweet in English so all you did was post another obvious fake that doesn't need to be here.

You also had those two clickbait videos from yesterday (both from the same channel) that you just kinda posted without any kind of context. I know we all can get super hyped, especially if we like the characters involved, but it's important to check your sources before trying to share something new. When we get hyped, we stop thinking and that's not good.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ew lets not trek in that territory

What kinda voice would he have though? I think he'd sound kinda like :ultrobin
I looked through various anime character dubs and the one I like is the VA of Itachi from Naruto

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There's absolutely no rule that only one unique character from the same series can be in the game though.

To call Dixie on the same plane of popularity of Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, Pokemon, and Xenoblade to the point where an entirely dedicated moveset to be the right action is waaaaay more of a stretch.

Enchess

Smash Lord
You know people keep saying a real leaker would post video, but I think that's kinda ignoring the way leaks really happen. As cliche as it is, "my friend works at Nintendo and told me..." is actually the way info gets out the easiest.

If we get a video leak, we will have probably already seen the same stuff in text leak that we brushed aside before.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Let's be real, not be an asshat or anything, but Dixie didn't start getting attention until the echo stuff was announced. There were very few Dixie Kong supporters back in the ballot days, also she just looks too similar to Diddy Kong. The most realistic chance i see for her to be added is if she were an echo.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero

So here's Elma more on the way.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I didn't even know who Dark Samus was until a couple months ago on this site. (I rarely used assist trophies in 4)

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Let's be real, not be an ****** or anything, but Dixie didn't start getting attention until the echo stuff was announced. There were very few Dixie Kong supporters back in the ballot days. Also she just looks too similar to Diddy Kong. The most realistic chance i see for her to be added is if she were an echo.
Let's be real, no, you're wrong, are you serious? Not to be rude, but...this is pretty ignorant. Dixie has been a name floating around pretty consistently for over 4 years now.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And not a single person was surprised. :p
Now this one is more interesting and less one sided.

Xenoblade 2 fans want more than just Rex and two of these characters are popular thanks to the upcoming expansion story: Addam and Malos.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Can you please take the extra minute or two to evaluate a source before sharing it here.

Like that's the wrong twitter account and Sakurai doesn't even tweet in English so all you did was post another obvious fake that doesn't need to be here.

You also had those two clickbait videos from yesterday (both from the same channel) that you just kinda posted without any kind of context. I know we all can get super hyped, especially if we like the characters involved, but it's important to check your sources before trying to share something new. When we get hyped, we stop thinking and that's not good.
No one is taking these """"leaks"""" seriously, they're just here to sparkle more discussion and keep the momentum

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Let's be real, not be an ****** or anything, but Dixie didn't start getting attention until the echo stuff was announced. There were very few Dixie Kong supporters back in the ballot days. Also she just looks too similar to Diddy Kong. The most realistic chance i see for her to be added is if she were an echo.
There definitely was attention for her, for years and years now, it's just because it was so massively overshadowed by K Rule support that it's only really become more noticeable now

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I didn't even know who Dark Samus was until a couple months ago on this site. (I rarely used assist trophies in 4)
Same bruh.
I remember when I got my ass blasted because I forgot Skull Kid was an Assist Trophy

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
To call Dixie on the same plane of popularity of Geno, Isaac, Banjo, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, Pokemon, and Xenoblade to the point where an entirely dedicated moveset to be the right action is waaaaay more of a stretch.
I'll give you geno, isaac, bandana dee and I guess banjo but she's probably more popular than skull kid or any xenoblade character. Chances are, especially with her relevance at the time that she placed pretty well on the ballot

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
You know people keep saying a real leaker would post video, but I think that's kinda ignoring the way leaks really happen. As cliche as it is, "my friend works at Nintendo and told me..." is actually the way info gets out the easiest.

If we get a video leak, we will have probably already seen the same stuff in text leak that we brushed aside before.
This is true. Most text leaks that are considered true in the last 2 games were initially brushed aside because they provided no proof.

I'm inclined to think there is a true, genuine text leak out there that we've all downplayed for obvious reasons

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Let's be real, not be an ****** or anything, but Dixie didn't start getting attention until the echo stuff was announced. There were very few Dixie Kong supporters back in the ballot days, also she just looks too similar to Diddy Kong. The most realistic chance i see for her to be added is if she were an echo.
This is a straight up lie, she's been a decently popular pick since the brawl days, she was just in K Rool's shadow but that doesn't mean she's not popular in her own right.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'll give you geno, isaac, bandana dee and I guess banjo but she's probably more popular than skull kid or any xenoblade character. Chances are, especially with her relevance at the time that she placed pretty well on the ballot
According to our fanbase, any character that more than 5 people want, placed at least quite well on the Ballot.
And I'm guilty of that too. In some cases, the posters are probably right. suchaswhenitsaboutpapermario
But I think you're overhyping Dixie a bit.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Let's be real, no, you're wrong, are you serious? Not to be rude, but...this is pretty ignorant. Dixie has been a name floating around pretty consistently for over 4 years now.
There definitely was attention for her, for years and years now, it's just because it was so massively overshadowed by K Rule support that it's only really become more noticeable now
What Zathura said, i chose my words wrong. Yeah, she's always had people supporting her, but she got overshadowed by the Ridley, K. Rool and Geno fans.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I think Dixie's biggest issue has always been that most of her would-be supporters wanted K.Rool in first. DKC fans are pacified for now by the Kremling King but if by somehow we go through Smash Ultimate's entire life cycle without seeing Dixir as either an echo or a unique fighter then I expect to see a lot of support for her going into Smash 6.

StormC

Smash Hero
Dixie has a lot of support but one feels like she was more expected than wanted sometimes.

Most of the discussion in Smash revolved around her in relation to K. Rool, not in her own context. People assumed Dixie was happening no matter what and K. Rool would only get in if he was lucky.

She should have certainly beaten Dark Samus on the ballot. Which means she could be an echo, or not in the game at all for whatever reason. I sorta get the impression that between K. Rool, the swank new Gangplank Galleon remix, and the Klaptrap AT, Sakurai responded to "we want K. Rool" not necessarily "we want more DK content."

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Echoes are honestly just clones added to Ultimate plus :ultlucina::ultdarkpit: so people wouldn't ***** about them returning as much.
It's hard to actually pin rules on these guys.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Dixie is of course more popular than Geno and Isaac among casual gamers, but I'm sure Geno and Isaac dwarfed her results on the Smash ballot.

D

Deleted member

Here's a good question - if we get future echo fighters after release, how should it be handled? I feel as if the best way to go about it is to make them a part software updates. I don't know if making them something like $2.99USD would be a good idea. Roy and Lucas were at least refined enough to validate the purchase, but for a character that's like Dark Pit and Lucina fundamentally as echoes? Ehh... If the price is good enough, then maybe I'll throw a dollar or two.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I don't think that has any chance of happening. Would people who don't buy the DLC just lose access to them? Will there be two different Dark Samuses in the roster? And, if Sakurai had the intention of totally revamping these characters post launch, why even include them as echoes in the fismrst place?
I had thought about it honestly.

Dark Samus’s was supposed to appease fans of her without having to put in a lot of effort due to time possibly.

Although, I could see Sakurai allowing people to keep the echo version, and the unique one is treated as a newcomer and has to be bought to be obtained seperatley. Although I can see them saying that Echo DS can only be played locally and with friends, while Unique DS will be available online as well as locally.

I can see them using the excuse of “echoes are bonuses after all” since that is what they effectively are.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
she's probably more popular than skull kid or any xenoblade character
Xenoblade 2's sales rival those of the Tropical Freeze port on Switch (the game didnt sell **** on Wii U i'm giving you this one) But Majora's Mask (using 3D here) way crashes that sales fight though. It's arguably more recognized and favored for Skull Kid at least.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's a good question - if we get future echo fighters after release, how should it be handled? I feel as if the best way to go about it is to make them a part software updates. I don't know if making them something like $2.99USD would be a good idea. Roy and Lucas were at least refined enough to validate the purchase, but for a character that's like Dark Pit and Lucina fundamentally as echoes? Ehh... If the price is good enough, then maybe I'll throw a dollar or two.
Make 1 or 2 Echoes come with each newcomer.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Likely packaged with other unique fighters tbh. Everytime you reveal a new fighter, have an echo or two to go with it. If not, just make them cheaper than a new fighter like you said.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
No in-game model will be this high-poly. You can still count the polygons on Mario's hat, but this Geno is perfectly smooth and round.
There's a 4chan image saying that you heard interesting things about Smash, can you debunk it?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Since free updates are in vogue for Nintendo when it comes to their games with online offerings or multiple characters, more echoes after release should be free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom