• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post
HEY GUYS HERES MY TEXT LEAK I BET YOU DID NOT EXPECT THIS

ISAAC GENO INCINEROAR SKULL KID SHANTEY RAMEN CHORUS KIDS BANDANER DEE ALL IN PLAYABLE I BET YOU DID NOT EXPECT THIS FROM MY LEAK
ECHO FIGHTERS R SHADOW ISABELLE BLACK SHADOW MEDUSER KIN FELIX DIXIE KONG AND HERE IS ONE THAT IS RLLY GOING TO SURPRISE YOU GUYS IT IS PROTOMAN FOR MEGAMAN WOW

OK NOW PLEASE SPREAD AND LIKE MY LEAK BECAUSE I THINK IT IS RELALY OUT THERE MY SOUCRCE TOLD ME EVERYONE WOULD BE SHOCKED AT THIS LINE UP

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Honestly I think Namco Bandai will be a notable part of September's Nintendo Direct. TGS is happening this month where Namco is one of the biggest attenders and Nintendo will be attending it for the first time. And there's only been a few games IIRC on the Switch from Namco(Dragon Ball, Vesperia port, and Digimon). They have some games in the dark like the Tales of Switch game, maybe even Tekken 7 on Switch. Also Tales of Vesperia is having a 10th anniversary party on September 16th.

If there are 2 newcomers in the direct, one of them or possibly both of them will be a Namco rep.
If anything, I'd think only one. Heihachi or Lloyd are probably their only contenders anyway. Though I'd love a soulcalibur character

StormC

Smash Hero
I ask the Dixie question because I know some Dixie supporters would be disappointed with an echo so I’m really curious what will happen. I personally don’t think she’s likely for DLC if she misses the roster.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
I'm still kind of surprised that Sakurai straight up stated that he's going to refer to the ballot when making the newcomer roster for Ultimate as a part of me only expected it to matter for a handful of new characters.
Well it be kinda stupid for him not to, not picking massively requested characters he has access to when he literally has a list of which ones people want would be a massive mistake on his part.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
I know some Dixie supporters would be disappointed with an echo
LOL what? That's like being dissappointed with Lucina or Daisy for being echoes, yeah Dixie has a ponytail but that's it. She has no other traits that make her worthy of being a fully fledged character.

Last edited:

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
Nope, but another one just popped up
When the pictures are weird and slanted and up close like this, it immediately calls it into question for me. If they had the opportunity to take a picture then surely it could have been clearer

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
When the pictures are weird and slanted and up close like this, it immediately calls it into question for me. If they had the opportunity to take a picture then surely it could have been clearer
You mean you don't take pictures of something in the middle of punching your phone through the monitor?

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
HEY GUYS HERES MY TEXT LEAK I BET YOU DID NOT EXPECT THIS

ISAAC GENO INCINEROAR SKULL KID SHANTEY RAMEN CHORUS KIDS BANDANER DEE ALL IN PLAYABLE I BET YOU DID NOT EXPECT THIS FROM MY LEAK
ECHO FIGHTERS R SHADOW ISABELLE BLACK SHADOW MEDUSER KIN FELIX DIXIE KONG AND HERE IS ONE THAT IS RLLY GOING TO SURPRISE YOU GUYS IT IS PROTOMAN FOR MEGAMAN WOW

OK NOW PLEASE SPREAD AND LIKE MY LEAK BECAUSE I THINK IT IS RELALY OUT THERE MY SOUCRCE TOLD ME EVERYONE WOULD BE SHOCKED AT THIS LINE UP
Fake. Protoman's in Mega Man's final smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So has anyone debunked the Geno image from a couple of hours ago? I've been outside and had no way of cheking :-(
I'm afraid it's a lot harder to "debunk" originally made renders. Palutena's 3DS fake leak was never really debunked until the actual Palutena was confirmed and the leaker himself showed how he did it.

StormC

Smash Hero
Well it be kinda stupid for him not to, not picking massively requested characters he has access to when he literally has a list of which ones people want would be a massive mistake on his part.
I think True Blue is talking about how Sakurai actually named the ballot, instead of saying "King K. Rool was a highly requested character" like Ridley.

I didn't expect him to name the ballot either, especially after the datamining debacle since it more or less proves the ballot was always for Smash 5.

Zathura

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyZygarde
3DS FC
0404-6234-5785
Switch FC
SW-0485-3368-5894
You mean you don't take pictures of something in the middle of punching your phone through the monitor?
Only when it's something important

I'm afraid it's a lot harder to "debunk" originally made renders. Palutena's 3DS fake leak was never really debunked until the actual Palutena was confirmed and the leaker himself showed how he did it.
That's good point, and geno is a lot more simple in terms of design, this one might not be debunked for a while

edit: welp nevermind that then

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
LOL what? That's like being dissappointed with Lucina or Daisy for being echoes, yeah Dixie has a ponytail but that's it. She has no other traits that make her worthy of being a fully fledged character.
Except her ponytail is her main weapon and having a moveset based around it almost entirely would be both unique and faithful to her character. She uses her ponytail for practically everything in the DKC games.

Daisy on the other hand has no actual abilities and Lucina's only ability is swinging a sword

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of the last poll was Elma. I had to end things early since things were a bit one sided. Everyone else was left in the dust, but with Cross he at least outdid Lin and Lao.

This next poll should be a bit more balanced this. It’s all about Xenoblade 2 and I did my research of which characters are certainly popular with Smash fans. Your choices are Rex & Pyra, Malos, Addam & Mythra, and Nia & Dromarch. Mostly drivers with their Blades, but it makes sense given the nature of this universe.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin.

StormC

Smash Hero
September Direct: "Geno, Isaac, and Banjo-Kazooie are all in. Spirits is a 5-7 hour single player campaign, and more new stages are on the way."

Y'all three days later: this info drought is killing me, how could Nintendo leave me hanging like this

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Except her ponytail is her main weapon and having a moveset based around it almost entirely would be both unique and faithful to her character. She uses her ponytail for practically everything in the DKC games.

Daisy on the other hand has no actual abilities and Lucina's only ability is swinging a sword
Well, Dark Samus is a cosmic entity, nowhere near as similar as Samus and yet she got echo'd. I don't see it being any different for Dixie if she were to make it in.

Untouch

Smash Master
If a leaker doesn't post a video, it's fake.
Capturing a video is just as easy as capturing a picture, but making a video is several magnitudes harder.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I'd be fine with a Wolf-style approach of having similar specials, but completely different normals.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Well, Dark Samus is a cosmic entity, nowhere near as similar as Samus and yet she got echo'd. I don't see it being any different for Dixie if she were to make it in.
Except dixie is both more relevant than and more popular than dark samus, she's very much worthy of being her own character.

P1ZZ4CHU

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7373-2961-4511
I don't see why we're still thinking echoes have to be 1:1? Chrom obviously takes moves from Ike, Dixie could swap out a few normal or special moves and still play a lot like Diddy. Enough to be called an echo, at least.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Not to be a stickler, but Daisy does have flowers and sports/party games to draw from. They practically have to make stuff up sometimes for her to have a special, but her powers DO exist.

Not that it matters since Peach's golf clubs and stuff kinda do mark most of Daisy's major roles in Sports games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom